Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: bad news for nobama  (Read 4701 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
bad news for nobama
« on: January 10, 2009, 06:01:46 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Mom-in-law moving into White House
The Spokesman Review ^| 1-10-09 | 

Get ready for the in-law in chief.  President-elect Barack Obama's mother-in-law, Marian Robinson, is moving into the White House at least temporarily to join Michelle Obama and the two children, transition officials said Friday.  That's good news not just for late-night comics, but for 10-year-old Malia and 7-year-old Sasha. During the campaign, Robinson retired from her job as a bank executive secretary to help care for her granddaughters.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: bad news for nobama
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 11:27:13 PM »
Means we will have two women running the White House instead of just one.  A new precedent.  It should be interesting.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 07:53:28 AM »
Means we will have two women running the White House instead of just one.  A new precedent.  It should be interesting.
Gynophobia or misogyny?
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 02:03:08 PM »
Neither.  Just a comment.  You think Hillary was a terror in the WH?  One woman in there is enough.  Just think of all the arguements that will ensue when they redecorate the place.   :th_thbeer1-1:   It will be a wonder if Obama can get his real job done with the two of them bickering and him in the middle.  Frankly, I think that will be a sideshow worth watching and laughing about.  Don't forget, he has other relatives yeet to come.  Maybe he will bring his brother out of Africa to live with them too.

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 03:07:26 PM »
Neither.  Just a comment.  You think Hillary was a terror in the WH?  One woman in there is enough.  Just think of all the arguements that will ensue when they redecorate the place.   :th_thbeer1-1:   It will be a wonder if Obama can get his real job done with the two of them bickering and him in the middle.  Frankly, I think that will be a sideshow worth watching and laughing about.  Don't forget, he has other relatives yeet to come.  Maybe he will bring his brother out of Africa to live with them too.

:th_ththSmileysWorship:   Good call.  I wonder if rumors will slip like they did about the Clintons?  Watch the tabloids and blogs folks LOL
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

King Abdulaziz ibn Saud...circa 1930
Cited by Ronald Lacey in "The Kingdom:  Arabia and the House of Saud"

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 02:01:17 AM »
You presume too much in your fear of black people.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 03:21:49 AM »

I don't care who Obama lives with as long as he can lead us out of this mess we are in.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 03:26:26 AM »
You presume too much in your fear of black people.
Not only black, brown, female but even french people. If I feared that many people I'd want a gun also.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 03:48:46 AM »
Not only black, brown, female but even french people. If I feared that many people I'd want a gun also.
I fear no Man, Maybe a couple of Women. :wink1a:
I fear i might choke to death after drinking a sip of coffee and reading what you said about fearing french people!!
Now that's the funniest thing you have ever said Shady ;D
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 03:52:56 AM »
I hope nobama doesn't get confused the opening day of baseball.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 04:20:35 AM »
I hope nobama doesn't get confused the opening day of baseball.

Guess you'll have explain this one to me.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
it's an old clinton joke. nobama has a lot of bubba's staff,he may as well have at least one of the jokes. It involves the first pitch

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 04:52:39 PM »
Still don't get it.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 06:03:22 PM »
Winston, again you bring race into a subject where it has no place.  having your wife and your Mother in law in the same house can be risky.  THAT is what I was talking about.  Cut the racial crap and get over it.  Shadylane, who is talking guns?  You must have a complete streak of idiocy in you to think I fear people because of nationality or color.  I do not walk in fear of anyone...well except maybe my wife if she is upset with me.    I made a comment about having his wife and the mother inlaw in the same house.  Do YOU have them both living in your house?  It was meant to be taken with some levity.  That is humor.  something else to consider is that we the taxpayers will pay for the upkeep of the MIL too.  when did that happen in the past?

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 06:13:40 PM »
Going to be tough on Obama, but I think it's wonderful for the little girls to have their Grandmother with them!  Ok, I'm biased.... Grandparents are just soooooooooooooooo important!  ;D
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 06:26:33 PM »
... I made a comment about having his wife and the mother inlaw in the same house.  Do YOU have them both living in your house?  It was meant to be taken with some levity.  That is humor.  something else to consider is that we the taxpayers will pay for the upkeep of the MIL too.  when did that happen in the past?
    My MIL and her sister live with me and my wife. We have very few problems with the situation.
    There are times, however, when it would really be nice to live by ourselves ....
    Sigh ....
    I wish the O-Man all the best in his extended household.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 06:27:05 PM »
I wasn't complaining.  Just making a point about having both in the WH and trying to redecorate it. 

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
Still don't get it.
It kinda goes like this Shady.
When Bubba was President he went to the game and was asked to throw out the first pitch and he threw Hillary on to the field............. And the Catcher said NO,NO Mr. President I said the first pitch "NOT the First

"BITCH"

:wee_fly:
Okay ??
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 10:15:49 PM »
Is there a reason you feel its appropriate to call a woman "bitch" just because you disagree with her husband?
I think its a good idea for Obama to have a live in mother-in-law. It will be best for his children. We wouldn't want them growing up unsupervised and acting like the bush twins.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 10:21:52 PM »
Is there a reason you feel its appropriate to call a woman "bitch" just because you disagree with her husband?
I think its a good idea for Obama to have a live in mother-in-law. It will be best for his children. We wouldn't want them growing up unsupervised and acting like the bush twins.

It was Clinton's fault that the Bush twins acted the way they did.

And Jimmy Cater's fault that Jeb's daughter Noelle was an OxyContin junkie.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 10:29:07 PM »
I think the White House is big enough for them all.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 01:27:30 AM »

It was Clinton's fault that the Bush twins acted the way they did.

And Jimmy Cater's fault that Jeb's daughter Noelle was an OxyContin junkie.

But know one bothered to find out whos fault it was when Laura Bush ran over and killed her exboyfriend.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 02:42:13 AM »
you really are desparate shady! what, no mention of the kennedy clan?

who's calling who a bitch? man you sure prove the dems lack a sense of humor.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 02:55:43 AM »
Trashing the kids....sigh.
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 08:01:39 AM »
Dave, it seems the liberals on this board dont' even consider that their messiah also said to leave the kids out of it during his campaign.  They are stooping very low and reaching for the bottom of the barrel as they have run out of salient discussion.  It was put up as a joke and they don't have any sense of humor when Obama's name is involved.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »
Trashing the kids....sigh.

Unfortunately we learned it from the Karl Rove school of politics.   $%$#@%^

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 01:19:20 PM »
How often have I heard someone say they wonder why it is so hard to get good people to run for office.  Well folks, you have just seen the number one reason that is stated by people of BOTH parties, what their families have to go through and the fact that their kids will be drug into it.

So you are saying trashing people's families started with Karl Rove?  I don't kow where it it started but I do know it was long before hiim or anything he ever did in politics.

Sorry but I have no humor at all when it comes to this, maybe because of some of the things I have seen happen to kids of people in office.

Very sad.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 01:52:37 PM »
Poor justification for trashing children.  Of course liberals have a way of justifying  any wrongs they do.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 03:56:17 PM »
No it started with Rush.

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 05:19:08 PM »
How often have I heard someone say they wonder why it is so hard to get good people to run for office.  Well folks, you have just seen the number one reason that is stated by people of BOTH parties, what their families have to go through and the fact that their kids will be drug into it.

So you are saying trashing people's families started with Karl Rove?  I don't kow where it it started but I do know it was long before hiim or anything he ever did in politics.

Sorry but I have no humor at all when it comes to this, maybe because of some of the things I have seen happen to kids of people in office.

Very sad.

Dave

Precisely why Colin Powell won't go for the big one.  I have never seen it officially in print but somewhere (more than once) he has been quoted as saying such.
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

King Abdulaziz ibn Saud...circa 1930
Cited by Ronald Lacey in "The Kingdom:  Arabia and the House of Saud"