Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: They are busy at it already...  (Read 1956 times)

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
They are busy at it already...
« on: January 16, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »

Share/Bookmark

"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

King Abdulaziz ibn Saud...circa 1930
Cited by Ronald Lacey in "The Kingdom:  Arabia and the House of Saud"

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
Re: They are busy at it already...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »
Joint resolution # 5:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=hj111-5

Just sent the following note to Ike Skelton:

"Please DO NOT allow the 23rd Amendment to the Constitution, repealing the 22nd Amendment, to pass! We do NOT need a king or a dictator in the Home of the Brave, Land of the Free!"
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 04:57:28 PM »

"Please DO NOT allow the 23rd Amendment to the Constitution, repealing the 22nd Amendment, to pass! We do NOT need a king or a dictator in the Home of the Brave, Land of the Free!"

Roger that - oh my are we in for a ride.   $%$#@%^
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 04:58:43 PM »

I don't have a problem with getting rid of term limits. It doesn't make someone a dictator or king. It just allows the American people to vote for the candidate of their choice. If it happens to be a third term president, so be it. Think of what Clinton could have done with another four years. Ok. Just for you guys. Think of what Reagan could have done with another four years. I am sure he would have won.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »
Joint resolution # 5:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=hj111-5
Who is "they"? There is not even a co-sponsor, so who is "they"?. This is one lunkheaded New Yorker. Save your blood pressure meds for a serious threat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Serrano

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 05:07:51 PM »

Roger that - oh my are we in for a ride.   $%$#@%^
And what "ride"? You do understand that constitutional amendments need a 2/3 vote in both house and senate for passage, and then require ratification by 3/4 of the states?

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 05:31:18 PM »
Co-Sponsor - A member or members that add his or her name formally in support of another members bill. In the House a member can become a co-sponsor of a bill at any point up to the time the last authorized committee considers it. In the Senate a member can become a co-sponsor of a bill anytime before the vote takes place on the bill. However, a co-sponsor is not required and therefore, not every bill has a co-sponsor or co-sponsors.

I made a post in a political opinion thread.  Opinion.  The use of the word "they" automatically set the stage for retort from someone - one side or the other.  Your replies oldcowpoke resemble blown gasket syndrome far more than the original post.

I take my meds as prescribed.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 05:41:14 PM »
Maybe you should speak with your doctor about a low dose of Prozac?  :poke:

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 05:50:45 PM »
I suppose this is so the inauguration can become a coronation.  Not No, but HELL NO.
Incidently, it would be the 28th Amendment.

Yes indeedy, there is a proposed amendment to the US Constitution to repeal the 22nd amendment. The one term limiting a President to 2 terms.
111th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. J. RES. 5

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 6, 2009

Mr. SERRANO introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

JOINT RESOLUTION

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:

‘Article--

‘The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.’.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 06:42:27 PM »
Incidently, it would be the 28th Amendment.
I am glad somebody around here is awake and alert. Yes indeedy.  Now which 38 states will be the ones to ratify within the next 2 days so we can have a coronation instead of an inauguration?  Assuming, of course, it can be ramrodded through the house and senate like the patriot act was in 3 days.

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 06:47:47 PM »
Serrano and Bobby Rush share roughly equal levels of intellectual capacity.  NONE!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 07:28:29 PM »
Hey Oldcowpoke.  I carry sedicious material in my pocket.  Yup.  A book from the CATO Institute.  The US Constitution and all Amendments thereto.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 07:41:06 PM »
Hey Oldcowpoke.  I carry sedicious material in my pocket.  Yup.  A book from the CATO Institute.  The US Constitution and all Amendments thereto.
More power to you. We need more libertarians in this country.
http://www.lp.org/news/press-releases/most-dangerous-part-of-bush-legacy-is-what-cannot-be-seen

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 08:01:40 PM »
The ongoing problem as I see it is that after the coronation on Tuesday, items like the patriot act will not go away.  I see further that dems are going full force with their pet project of disarming law abiding citizens.  This Civilian Security Force has me unsettled too.  I will not consider these people to be LE or government officials should they show up in my neighborhood.  They are thieves and will be treated as such.  Less government is what we need.  Instead people have decided we need a nanny government to look over us and to take care of our every need.  Big Brother at it's finest.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 08:17:33 PM »
The ongoing problem as I see it is that after the coronation on Tuesday, items like the patriot act will not go away.  I see further that dems are going full force with their pet project of disarming law abiding citizens.  This Civilian Security Force has me unsettled too.  I will not consider these people to be LE or government officials should they show up in my neighborhood.  They are thieves and will be treated as such.  Less government is what we need.  Instead people have decided we need a nanny government to look over us and to take care of our every need.  Big Brother at it's finest.
With all due respect, my opinion is that you are seeing things that are not there. At best you are projecting crap onto the new administration from bygone eras. The new administration has far more serious things to concentrate on than what you worry about and it would be good if americans would give it a chance to do some good. Stay in touch with your congressmen and try to keep a cool head.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 08:40:36 PM »
I understand what you are saying.  What you suggested has already been done....repeatedly.  Please see the thread about subversion of the Constitution.  It has already begin as of Jan 6th.  obama stated he wants a civilian security force trained as well as the military and better funded.  HR 45 is only the beginning.  Perhaps all should read it.  Not only violates the 2d Amendment, but Article 1 Section 9 of the Constitution.

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »
More power to you. We need more libertarians in this country.
http://www.lp.org/news/press-releases/most-dangerous-part-of-bush-legacy-is-what-cannot-be-seen

Liberarians? Why do we need more liberarians? Peopel don't never go to no liberaries anymore anyhow, do they? Specially round here ...  ***(((*
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 09:16:55 PM »

Liberarians? Why do we need more liberarians? Peopel don't never go to no liberaries anymore anyhow, do they? Specially round here ...  ***(((*
hey old man, you been out drinking with maynard?   :wee_fly:

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 01:36:51 AM »
fdr is a good reason to limit the president to 2 terms.