Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: the new tone?  (Read 3266 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
the new tone?
« on: January 21, 2009, 02:44:39 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Rush Limbaugh: Lowery 'just insulted this country'

[/size][/font][size=-1]Posted: January 20, 2009
8:58 pm Eastern

[/size]
By Chelsea Schilling
   Outrage is erupting over the inauguration benediction by Rev. Joseph Lowery, an 87-year-old civil rights pioneer, for asking God to help mankind work for a day when "white would embrace what is right."
Lowery, known for co-founding the Southern Christian Leadership Conference with Martin Luther King Jr., asked God to encourage America to make "choices on the side of love, not hate, on the side of inclusion not exclusion, tolerance not intolerance" after President Barack Obama took the presidential oath. Then he ended his prayer with, "Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around when yellow will be mellow when the red man can get ahead, man and when white will embrace what is right."
Obama reacted to the benediction with a smile.
The crowd cheered and boomed with a loud "Amen."
However, talk radio host Rush Limbaugh said Lowery's prayer "offended" and was "far more memorable than the inaugural address by President Obama."
Referring to Lowery's "When black will not be asked to get in back" comment, Limbaugh responded, "When does that happen today? Did we not just inaugurate a black man as president of the United States?"
Limbaugh went through each statement about color, attempting to decipher Lowery's intended message.
"I know it's a left over from the '60s thing," he said. "It's not relevant today! Everybody here is living in the past, and they don't want anybody to think we've made any progress at all despite inaugurating Barack Obama as president today."
Repeating Lowery's "When white will embrace what is right" statement, Limbaugh said, "He just insulted this country, large numbers of which elected Barack Obama president of the United States."
Several angry bloggers posted reactions to Lowery's prayer, including the following: 
  • Didn't whites just do that by electing Jesus Christ president?
  • Am I allowed to be offended?
  • Race card pulled during the inauguration. Wow that didn't take long.
  • It is completely inappropriate to have that in any prayer, much less a prayer at an inauguration that is supposed to be about how "We're all one."
  • Black brown red yellow white? I'm stunned. The prayer is so racist and so inappropriate. Is Rev. Lowery just a kinder, gentler Rev. Wright?
  • You guys are all spelling it wrong. That's the problem. I'm sure that if you look at his notes you'll see that it says " whites will embrace what is Wright."

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
Re: the new tone?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 02:54:11 AM »
..and you know other countries are laughing at us.  Welcome back to the 60s...
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline GlennA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 04:28:43 AM »
all that is missing is the friendly smoke being passed around  LOL

Offline MBRwife

• ME LUV & MISS YA CRAZYHORSE!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 01:20:25 PM »
Yeah, I was taken back a little by that as well.  But I suppose we have to remember that he is from the south and I have white friends living in the south that are still as racists as people were in the 60's.   There is still a lot of work to be done on both fronts in the deep south. 
...If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.  Mark 9:35

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 02:02:26 PM »
Setting the tone for the future.  Better not disagree with this administration's policies.  If you do, you will be labeled a racist.  Listen closely to what was said in the prayers.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 03:26:49 PM »
I would expect that from him, he is after all of the old school in the south.  It is what he has known all his life.  However, I'm surprised that Obama's people let it go.  I'm pretty sure they were able to OK both prayers that were spoken. 
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 04:08:53 PM »
Fake outrage continues.

Rush must know he needs the fake outrage for his ratings.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 05:43:13 PM »
No outrage at all from me.  Just an observation and perhaps a prediction in there. 

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 06:14:35 PM »
Everyone....be sure and check with Winston to see if you are really upset or if it is fake.

He is the expert on what is real and what is fake.  I really wish you people would remember that.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 06:27:40 PM »
Thanks for the tip Dave.  I guess this little excerpt from a "prayer" is NOT racist?  Please enlighten us Winston.

Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around -- (laughter) -- when yellow will be mellow -- (laughter) -- when the red man can get ahead, man -- (laughter) -- and when white will embrace what is right.

Tell us what is "right" so we can all be as politically correct as you

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 07:25:01 PM »
I thought the prayer was racist towards whites. But they can do that to us, it is ok when they do. Matter of fact it is even funny.  I laugh when they are acting racist towards us while they claim we are racist toward them. It's become the norm.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 07:34:25 PM »
Everyone....be sure and check with Winston to see if you are really upset or if it is fake.

He is the expert on what is real and what is fake.  I really wish you people would remember that.

Dave

Hey, those of us with enough free time, like you, have to put it to use somehow.

Like spending your working day posting on a message board.

I'm sure if it were a Democrat the fake outrage would shake the halls.

Since this is the David Day Fanboi Network, though, I'm sure it will be nothing but praise heaped upon you for showing such class and dedication to representing your constituents.

What does message board reading and responding pay a state rep these days? 

Is it by the word or is a daily stipend?

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 07:55:53 PM »
"Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will stop smoking crack, when brown stop digging tunnels underground, when yellow will start to mellow, when the red man will get a job, man,  and when white will embrace what is right."

I reworded the poem, do you consider it racist now?

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 07:58:19 PM »
Racism isn't about what words come out of what color skinned person's mouth.

It is what is behind it that makes you a racist, not what color skin you have or who/what you are prejudiced against.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 07:59:58 PM »
I like that one.

Rep Day is on here to find out what is concerning his constituants.  He is doing his job.  Now shut up.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 08:01:06 PM »
But if a black man said my prayer, it is ok, but if a white man does it is bad.

Racism isn't about what words come out of what color skinned person's mouth.

It is what is behind it that makes you a racist, not what color skin you have or who/what you are prejudiced against.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »
I thought in order to be a racist you had to have the ability to discriminate against someone.  I don't know how many business owners we have on here but most of us are just everyday people who unfortunately "work for the man" and do not have the means to discriminate.  We don't have the capability to determine a persons ability to make a living or get an education.  No matter what I do it's not going to affect another persons ability to do any of these things , thus I cannot be a racist.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 08:06:23 PM »
Never describe anything as "that one", remember during the debates it was considered racist. LOL

I like that one.

Rep Day is on here to find out what is concerning his constituants.  He is doing his job.  Now shut up.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 08:09:07 PM »
Yes Rick.  That is the current politically correct climate.  NO black person can be a racist in the eyes of the all knowing Winston :angel: .  then the person making those remarks yesterday were completely racist...right?  I can see no way around it.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 08:17:38 PM »
It stereotyped whites, grouped them all into one bundle, therefore it was racist. End of story IMHO.

Yes Rick.  That is the current politically correct climate.  NO black person can be a racist in the eyes of the all knowing Winston :angel: .  then the person making those remarks yesterday were completely racist...right?  I can see no way around it.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 08:35:49 PM »
One more thing. I am not outraged by his poem. Because I am used to it, and I know better, therefore it doesn't bother me.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 10:25:35 PM »
Is there really no mellow yellow? 
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 10:34:01 PM »
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 10:39:16 PM »
Is there really no mellow yellow? 

LMAO
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 11:25:57 PM »
Hey, those of us with enough free time, like you, have to put it to use somehow.

Like spending your working day posting on a message board.

I'm sure if it were a Democrat the fake outrage would shake the halls.

Since this is the David Day Fanboi Network, though, I'm sure it will be nothing but praise heaped upon you for showing such class and dedication to representing your constituents.

What does message board reading and responding pay a state rep these days? 

Is it by the word or is a daily stipend?

What the heck Winston....I will bite.  Let's see, I started replying to constitutent e-mails around 5:30am this morning from the apartment, got to the capitol around 7:30am to work there, I posted that post (most would call it a joke) about 12:15pm (and some call that lunch time if you are counting hours), and I will leave the capitol around 9:00 or 10:00 tonight.

Hope that eases your concerns Winston.  Oh yea, my pay is just the same as all other Reps...the posting is free just for you.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay