Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Anybody Else Notice?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Anybody Else Notice?
« on: January 23, 2009, 03:45:28 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody Else Notice?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 04:59:45 PM »
I figure the first year, 2009, will be the worse, at least that's what I hope!  We still don't know much about this President, and it's being reflected in the stock market.  Uncertainity, always causes the market to dip....we have to hope it doesn't dip too low!  Once we learn more of how this President will act/react to world situations, the situations here at home, the market hopefully will stabilize!
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:48:52 PM »
Just an observation.  Waiting in the wings to see how things go.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 07:09:15 PM »
The sun has also risen in the East and set in the West each day of Obama's prsidency.

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 07:36:31 PM »
The sun has also risen in the East and set in the West each day of Obama's prsidency.
Wow, another miracle of the great Messiah!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 07:39:01 PM »
And the economy keeps going down the tubes along with the stock market.  He told everyone who would listen that he is the answer to all our problems.  I guess you must have misunderstood his rhetoric huh?  Notice I did not say WE, but YOU.  That is because I was not fool enough to vote for him.  And I did not vote for McCain either.  He (Obama) has surrounded himself with fanatics.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 07:44:25 PM »
In the end, we have to hope that the President does not fail.  We are not talking Republican/Democrat, black/white, male/female.... we are talking about America.  If, our President fails, our Country fails.  If our President succeeds... so does our Country.  We are all in this together.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 07:46:13 PM »
The Stock Market has gone DOWN every day since Mr. Obama took over.
So? It dropped over 1000 points in the last few months with Bush, so what. It has only been less than a week. This is going to take a while to turn all that around. It is not just the US economy that will have to rebound to get stocks back up, the world economy is all wrapped up into the stock market.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 08:53:35 PM »
I am pointing out only that perhaps Mr. Obama is not the answer many were seeking.  I hope he does not fail in the economy.  My problem is listed above regarding leftist fanatics.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 09:51:46 PM »
I agree, Obama alone will not be the answer we need, no more than Bush was alone that cause of our demise, not more than Democrats or Republicans will be the ones to fix it. The entire country first needs to understand why we are in the fix we are, and that is from the individual all the way up to our central government has borrowed us into a deep dept. People have gotten loans and maxed out credit cards for things that they will never be able to pay back. All those buy now pay later deals are starting to nail the economy on the ass, because guess what, it's later and nobody can pay. We lived the credit dream to long and now we are going to have to face reality, we lived too far beyond our means. This means we can't have a large screen TV in every room, a personwho only makes $25,000 a year can not live the same life style as a person who makes $100,000.
Remember the story about the lady getting free jackets and food driving off in a Lexus? We need to educate the next generation to get out of the idea that the government owes you anything, that the government or some agency will take care of you, and to go back to the American dream, you have to work for it.
And this is not a democrat or republican problem or fault, it is an American problem.
Are some of our problems because of bad politics. Damn right. Are they because Bush was president. Nope, they are because many of our politicians are not there representing the American public, but representing themselves. I guess corruption has been in politics since the Romans, so that is never going to change. But what can change is the voting American can start taking care of themselves instead of waiting for the government to fix their problems, and stop voting for the same damn politician that is not fixing what is broke and stop voting for the party system. 

Well, now I have rambled on so long I forgot what the hell I was writing about.

Oh yeah, everybody get a job, and if you don't have the cash, and you can't afford payments, don't get it.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 12:29:04 AM »
Dude, you are missing the point entirely.

EVERYTHING is the Democrats fault, nothing is the Republicans fault.

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 03:40:54 AM »
who's running both the house and senate since 2006, and now the whitehouse?

I want nobama's policies to fail. no stimulus,no more bailouts,no cutting the military,no gun control,no raising taxes,no overturning doma,no overturning don't ask don't tell.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 10:50:46 AM »
Dude, you are missing the point entirely.

EVERYTHING is the Democrats fault, nothing is the Republicans fault.

Obviously, you missed the point entirely.  Reread the point made.  Reread what Taz had to say too.  He says is much better than I do.  It is called the truth.