Author Topic: Prosecutor's Office Press Release 05-04-17-Sex Offenders Found Guilty  (Read 314 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
05-04-17
TWO SEX OFFENDERS FOUND GUILTY AND AWAIT SENTENCING

Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman announces that in Circuit Court action over the last two weeks, two sex offenders have been successfully prosecuted, found guilty, and await sentencing for their crimes.  The offenders are:

Jeffrey Waters, DOB 3-1982, of Waynesville.  A Pulaski County jury, after a four-day trial, found the defendant guilty of one count of Statutory Sodomy in the First Degree and one count of Attempted Statutory Sodomy in the First Degree.  Mr. Waters faces a sentence of no less than five years in prison and the possibility of life imprisonment for these offenses.  Sentencing is set for June 21, 2017 before Judge Beger. This case was investigated by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department and prosecuted by Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys Ken Clayton and Bryce Crowley.

Roy Collins, DOB 6-1963, of Brooksville, Florida, but originally of Laquey.  The Defendant pled guilty at the pretrial conference to one count of Statutory Rape in the First Degree and one count of Incest.  Mr. Collins faces no less than ten years in prison and up to twenty-five years under the plea agreement in this case.  Sentencing is set for June 21, 2017 before Judge Beger.  This case was investigated by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department and the Brooksville, Florida Police Department and prosecuted by Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman and Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Matt Miller.

“I am very pleased that these two predators are off the street and heading to prison,” said Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman.  “I want to commend the hard work of Detectives Nicole Cunningham, Anthony Narug, Christian Butler and Deputy Lynn Bays of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, and Detectives Jeff Pasternak and Tracy Schofield of the Brooksville, Florida Police Department in their investigation of these cases.  I want to thank the efforts of the staff at Kids’ Harbor for their excellent work on these cases and assistance they have provided to the victims.  I also want to thank the victims for their courage in reporting these incidents and the victims and their families for their support and cooperation throughout the criminal justice process.  I want to commend my staff, especially Assistant Prosecutors Ken Clayton and Bryce Crowley for their hard at trial in obtaining a guilty verdict on a difficult case. Finally, I want to thank the jurors, who took four days including a Saturday, out of their busy lives to see that justice was served.”

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman