Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Mediterranean Grill?  (Read 22533 times)

Offline GM2006

• Proud BF, BW, CS, CD Mom to 2 boys
    • View Profile
Mediterranean Grill?
« on: October 09, 2007, 10:38:45 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mediterranean Grill?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 11:10:03 PM »
All I know is the sign says "Coming Soon"
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 12:29:18 AM »
Signs been up over a month.

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 02:53:21 AM »
I heard that they are hiring staff.

Offline GM2006

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 03:17:37 AM »
yea that's why I've been wondering, seems like it's said that forever lol

on a sidenote, there will be a Starbucks on post... in fall of 2008!!! *sigh* lol how about NOW :P

Offline Naughty

• Rick is awesome..
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 04:56:23 AM »
wow 2008 fall almost sounds far....i seen something else that said coming soon on the old px but i don't remember what it was

Offline NClady

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 07:38:24 AM »
the sign says book store & bigger Class 6 too

Offline GM2006

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 10:44:13 AM »
yep, of course all I saw was starbucks, then DH is like yeah and it says fall 08, we won't even be here LOL

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 11:13:13 AM »
I am friends with the new owners. They said they should be open in about a month. Right now they are doing some remodling, getting the staff lined up, and fininishing up the menus. I will keep everyone updated when I hear anything new.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline GM2006

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 11:42:09 AM »
awesome thanks :) can you give us a clue to what the menu will be like? I'm curious lol or do we have to wait :P

Offline sapperwife1976

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 11:58:56 AM »
I saw the sign for the new Starbucks too, but what else are they doing to the old px?  Do they have any plans or is Starbucks going to be all by its lonesome?
If it has tires or testicles, it's gonna give you trouble. *anonymous*

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 12:40:23 PM »
I have seen the menu, in the rough draft stage.....They are going to have American food, Italian food, Seafood, Greek food, Salads, and I think they will be serving alcohol.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 01:37:23 PM »
Mmmm seafood. Hope it's good.
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 02:24:43 PM »
I hope so too!  So we are down  3 and up 2?
down Adonias, Oriental Garde, Country Buffet
Up Mediterranean Grill, Soulful Filling
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 02:29:10 PM »
Just talked to the owner...said they are supposed to be open around the first of November. Waiting on kitchen equipment to arrive and ordering food. When they get the menu finished, I'll see if I can get a copy to post for everyone.

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 02:32:29 PM »
That would be great to get the added to Rick's Restaurant Guide!  Menus for almost every restaurant in the county that has one!

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »
I'll let the owners know that everyone is anxious for them to open. I'm sure it will make them feel better, they are pretty stressed out trying to get everything ready. I'm sure they won't have a problem with letting me post a menu.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 02:36:55 PM »
A dry white (chardonney) house wine would be nice.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 02:39:30 PM »
I'll pass on the message. Not sure what kind of drinks they plan on having, I'll try to find out.

Offline GM2006

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 02:43:07 PM »
I think the old PX will also hold the new funiture store ;)

and that place sounds like it's gonna be yummy :)

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 03:20:56 PM »
If they get a menu to Rick, he'll put it up -- There is a button on the top of the Page Restaurant Guide if they wanted to take a look.
I'll let the owners know that everyone is anxious for them to open. I'm sure it will make them feel better, they are pretty stressed out trying to get everything ready. I'm sure they won't have a problem with letting me post a menu.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 03:27:57 PM »
Thanks, I'll let them know.

Offline IceQueen94

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 10:27:15 PM »
Does anyoney know if they are open yet? The sign is up but we didn't have time to stop, I am soooo looking forward to see that they have, it already sounds great.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 10:48:20 PM »
Yes, they opened last night.

Offline GM2006

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 01:20:33 PM »
we went tonight, EXCELLENT! The food, service, atmosphere all are wonderful! Portions are generous as well, and the prices are decent. Will definitely be back  :karma:

Offline IceQueen94

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 01:17:21 AM »
Wow, how different tastes can be lol. We went there last night as well and we were completely disappointed. Don't know if we were spoiled from our favorite Greek Restaurant in Germany but this had nothing to do with the Greek food that we got served there. Don't know what Nationality the owners are, but in Germany the Restaurant was owned and operated by Greeks. My hubby had the Gyros which had nothing to do with what Gyros is supposed to be. His meet looked like Steak-ums (sp?) and for as little meet that he got we both thought it was overpriced without a doubt. My daughters Pastitsio was dried out and my Suvlaki were 2 medium size skewers with not much side. I have eaten in many Greek restaurants and I have never seen Suvlaki served with Pita bread. Sorry to sound so negative but we disliked the food and on top of that the prices were way to high, that we won't be going back. Honestly after trying my hubby's I made the comment he could have had that for half the price at the Chicago Deli (I think that's what it's called). Don't take me wrong I am a very understanding person and I went in there prepared for some things to not go smoothly since they just opened. We haven't tried the Italian, so I can't say it's all bad. We just really disliked the Greek. Oh and this must have been the most expensive we have eaten since we got here. For 2 adults and one child we payed $46. Thank God we all have different tastes, but this just wasn't for us. Sad - it sounded so good.
Oh totally forgot to mention the unforgivable, our waitress brought us the complementary roll and butter on one plate that was sitting on top of another. When we separated the plates there were open, used packages of Splenda on the second plate. Obviously it had been previously used without being washed, sorry but that is gross.

Offline IceQueen94

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 01:38:52 AM »
Alrighty it's me again. I just noticed that I am obviously not really qualified to comment on the food because there seems to be a big difference in the way the food is done here in the States compared to Germany. I have been told by several Restaurant owners cooking specialty food in Germany that often they adjust the food to how people of that country prefer to eat the food. So I would imagine that they just cook it totally different so I can't really compare. In Germany in Greek restaurants they mostly use pork and definitely not ground (except as fillers and usually the more they fill the less quality the product) here they used ground lamb and ground beef. Looking it up on the internet I noticed that most American recipes call for ground lamb, so I guess that is just the way it is done. I guess it's just hard to agree with a taste when you have a certain idea of how it should taste to you, because you are used to it that way. Sooo go there and try for yourself, can't complain about the waitress, she was pretty nice and after all they just opened and are still working on perfecting things.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2007, 02:27:27 AM »
We went there tonight. The wife liked the chicken parmesan. I had the kalamata chicken. nothing special, lots of noodles.No rolls,it was filling but that was about it.

Offline GM2006

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 02:28:44 AM »
Well I had the moussaka (sp?) and I will admit, while the flavor was fantastic, and the quality was excellent, I personally didn't really like it (consistency) but it was still good (make sense? lol) hubby had the chicken parm and it was GREAT, plenty of sauce and cheese, TONS of pasta (enough leftover for 2 or 3 of us for lunch tom!!)

As far as Greek food in the US vs. wherever... my ex sister in law is Greek, and I'd say this food isn't QUITE the same as some I've had (in Canada) but it was still great :) Price yes was pricier than Steffano's or kids eat free @ Pizza hut on Tues LOL but worth it to me :)

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 07:44:17 PM »
My mother brought us here yesterday for my wife's birthday.
We were seated immediately, and our drink orders taken.
There were six of us total, so we ordered two Margarita pizzas, one gyro pizza, a gyro sandwich, and a mushroom swiss burger.
   Shortly after our drinks arrived, they brought us some Freschetta bread. This bread was freshly baked, and was delicious.
   The margarita pizzas were a fresh change from typical pizza. They had no marinara sauce, fresh tomatoes, and plenty of cheese.
   The gyro pizza was equally delicious. Our only complaint with it was that there wasn't very much meat on it.
   The mushroom swiss burger was HUGE! It was cooked to perfection, and tasted delightful! It also came with freshly cut french fries that were so plentiful that there was more than a few leftover.
   The gyro sandwich did not have very much meat in it, and a couple of pieces of meat were dry. Luckily the flavor was still delicious.
   This was a good over all dining experience.
We give it 3 3/4 stars out of 5.

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”