Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: A-Rod  (Read 2125 times)

Offline fireman_jeff

• Common sense isn't so common
    • View Profile
A-Rod
« on: February 17, 2009, 11:44:39 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I keep replaying the A-Rod interview today and keep having the same question come to mind. He says what he took was purchased over the counter. Then he turns around and says he was injected. I have never seen any muscle enhancement products that you inject. I do stay close to home, so I might not know of everything that is out there, but it sounds kind of strange. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Second, if you had to inject something into your body, wouldn't you figure out what it is before you do it?
1*

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
Re: A-Rod
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 01:57:20 AM »
Making his second public attempt to explain a 2003 positive drug test while with Texas, baseball’s highest-paid player described a clumsy scheme in which a cousin persuaded him to use “boli”—a substance he said the cousin obtained without a prescription and without consulting doctors or trainers.

Thats what his cousin was injecting him with. I know nothing about steriods as in the names or how to get them. Thats all i can help you with. Sounds like it wasnt over the counter to me.

Offline demo.dave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 02:10:44 AM »
I aslo read that anabolic steroids can be obtained in such countries as Mexico and Thailand without a prescription over the counter. So you just never know really. Im digging a little more on boli.

Offline fireman_jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:20:41 AM »
He said in the press conference today that it was something anyone could buy at places like GNC. I find that hard to believe.
1*

Offline demo.dave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 03:18:47 AM »
Well he also said his cousin got them for him and they didnt really know what they were taking. Since they were being hush hush about it, they were afraid to ask anyone. I think he knows what he was taking, but i also think its a little dumb because even if it was wrong of him to do, it wasnt against the rules when he done it. I dont agree with what he did and i also dont agree with any punishment.

Offline fireman_jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 04:51:02 AM »
I will agree with you, however I think MLB needs to wake up. Screw the 3 strikes and you are out. You do it once you are gone, end of story. These people are making more money, in one year, than any of us will ever see in our life. There are millions of youth in this country looking up to them. What is the message that is being passed on...... as long as you appologize on national television it is fine? I have issues with that. It just seems like "I'm sorry" makes everything good. These people and I guess the rest of society have no creditability. A mans word used to be something. Now you can't believe anything that anyone says. I am a huge fan of baseball. I played baseball all my childhood and even a few years after I graduated. I can't wait for April 1st. However, I hate sitting back and watching what it is turning into. Money, money, money. They just need to realize that they are getting payed to "play" at work. MLB needs to realize there is enough raw talent out there that they can get rid of these dopies and still survive. One or two get banned and I think everyone else will wise up.
1*

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 07:22:17 AM »
Baseball. basketball, football players are doing it...its never going to stop...why are they making a big issue of Alex? I guarantee he is not the only player out there doing it.
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline wildman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 03:06:11 PM »
Since we do not know the side effects of these "drugs" on the body maybe they are what caused ARod to leave his wife and chase after Madonna (allegedly). Why in the world would you inject something into your body that you did not know anything about. That is just scary and dangerous.

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 03:20:04 PM »
Since we do not know the side effects of these "drugs" on the body maybe they are what caused ARod to leave his wife and chase after Madonna (allegedly). Why in the world would you inject something into your body that you did not know anything about. That is just scary and dangerous.

Are you for real?? LOL  Drug addicts are born everyday with the same question in mind.

People don't think.. Or the promise of greater things, more money if I'm bigger, faster, better looking.. It's the real world.

Offline wildman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 04:19:44 PM »
Probably not (for real that is). I guess that I just don't get the drug thing or why anyone would want to do drugs. And I grew up in the 60's and 70"s.

Offline demo.dave

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 05:05:14 PM »
The only reason they do it is to be bigger, better, stronger, faster. Its all about how good you can become and how all of america will love you bein so good. They dont think about how america will view them when we find out they cheated. It really does make you look at sports in a different light. If you watch it you have to watch it for the game, not the players.

A-rods excuse i can understand but not accept. Dont sign a $250 million contract if you cant handle it. The end.

And it is sad that you cant believe someones word anymore. Even when someone tells the truth you have to dig just to make sure. Everyone just wants to be better than the other person so they will say or do what they have to do to look or sound better in other peoples ears and eyes. Thats all there is to it. I dont mean absolutely everyone, just the ones you find lying.

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 05:11:31 PM »
The only reason they do it is to be bigger, better, stronger, faster. Its all about how good you can become and how all of america will love you bein so good. They dont think about how america will view them when we find out they cheated. It really does make you look at sports in a different light. If you watch it you have to watch it for the game, not the players.

Makes it hard on the other Athletes also that do it without the drugs and additives. Then when someone does do something great there will always be that question, did they do it or was it enhanced with something. Really sheds a bad light on all of sports.

Offline demo.dave

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 05:20:31 PM »

Makes it hard on the other Athletes also that do it without the drugs and additives. Then when someone does do something great there will always be that question, did they do it or was it enhanced with something. Really sheds a bad light on all of sports.

100% truth. All you can do is watch the sport and not even think about who is taking them and who isnt. Or its about to the point where you actually cant watch it because there is too much drama. Baseball today is like study hall full of 16 year old girls. You cant step foot anywhere close without having to listen to the drama.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 05:21:26 PM »
I say, kick him out of the league and anybody else they find using them in any other sport.  There should be a zero tolerance.  Heck the kids in school can't even take aspirin to school with them.  Get caught, suspended.  Zero Tolerance if it's good for school kids it should be good for million dollar athletes.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 05:24:58 PM »
Agree!!

I say, kick him out of the league and anybody else they find using them in any other sport.  There should be a zero tolerance.  Heck the kids in school can't even take aspirin to school with them.  Get caught, suspended.  Zero Tolerance if it's good for school kids it should be good for million dollar athletes.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline wildman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 06:23:19 PM »
Ya, me too!!!!!!!!!!