Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Angels pitcher killed in hit and run accident  (Read 1333 times)

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
Angels pitcher killed in hit and run accident
« on: April 09, 2009, 05:39:53 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4055343

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Los Angeles Angels rookie pitcher Nick Adenhart and two other people were killed early Thursday when a minivan ran a red light and struck the sports car they were traveling in, authorities said.
Adenhart, 22, died after undergoing surgery, University of California, Irvine Medical Center spokesman John Murray said.
A fourth person remained hospitalized in critical condition.

Adenhart Adenhart 
Adenhart is survived by his parents, Jim and Janet.
"Nick's family expresses sincere gratitude for all the help the Angels have provided," the Adenhart family said in a statement. "He lived his dream and was blessed to be part of an organization comprised of such warm, caring, and compassionate people. The Angels were his extended family. Thanks to all of Nick's loyal supporters and fans throughout his career. He will always be in everyone's hearts forever."

Angels outfielder Torii Hunter was sleeping when his wife called him, asking whether the news was true. Hunter immediately called the Angels' team trainer, who confirmed that Adenhart had been killed.

"I'm in shock right now," Hunter said. "He just pitched last night. It doesn't seem like this is happening.
"This is real life. This isn't about baseball. This is his whole life, he had his whole life ahead of him. He's only 22, he's still a kid. He was a great kid, he was funny, he was very popular in the clubhouse and off the field. People loved him."
Adenhart and three other people were in a silver Mitsubishi that was struck shortly before 12:30 a.m. local time by a minivan that ran a red light and also hit another vehicle, police said.
The sports car struck a light pole, killing three people inside.
The Angels, in a statement, said the female driver and another male passenger were dead in the Mitsubishi when police and firefighters arrived. The team said no other members of the organization were involved in the crash.
"The Angels family has suffered a tremendous loss today. We are deeply saddened and shocked by this tragic loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Nick's family, friends, loved ones and fans," Angels general manager Tony Reagins said in the statement.
The crash took place just hours after Adenhart pitched in a loss against the Oakland Athletics. He got a no-decision after six scoreless innings, giving up seven hits, striking out five and walking three in just his fourth major league start.

Police Lt. Craig Brower said the minivan driver fled the crash scene and was captured a short time later. The driver was arrested and booked for investigation of felony hit-and-run.

Adenhart, a 6-foot-3, 185-pounder from Silver Spring, Md., was a 14th-round pick in the 2004 draft, and made his major league debut on May 1, 2008, also against the Athletics.
He made two other major league starts, getting his only decision in a victory over the Chicago White Sox on May 12. He was 37-28 in the minor leagues from 2005 to 2008, including 9-13 last year at Triple-A Salt Lake.

He got his break this year with a good spring training and the fact the team needed help in the starting rotation, with John Lackey, Ervin Santana and Kelvim Escobar all starting on the disabled list.

The Minnesota Twins held moment of silence before their game against the Seattle Mariners Thursday afternoon. Also, there was to be a moment of silence before the start of the Texas Rangers' home game against the Cleveland Indians.

There was no word on whether the Angels' Thursday night game against the Athletics will still take place.

"I'm pretty sure we'll go to the stadium," Hunter said. "I think we're going to get together, that's what [manager] Mike [Scioscia] does. We'll talk about what we need to do about helping the family out. Forget us, I worry about his family. That's real love right there. Baseball is temporary.

"That could have been any baseball player out there, it could have been any of us out there last night."
Information from ESPN.com's Amy K. Nelson and The Associated Press was used in this report.
 :( :( :( :(

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
Re: Angels pitcher killed in hit and run accident
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 06:32:09 PM »
I read that earlier today..its very very sad...
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline demo.dave

• View Profile
Re: Angels pitcher killed in hit and run DUI accident
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 09:50:16 PM »
Hamilton said Gallo would be booked on DUI, vehicular manslaughter and murder charges, but the eventual charges he will face will be up to the District Attorney. Gallo's arraignment is scheduled for Monday.

Another example of young people taken from this world by people who would rather drink and drive. The other 2 people killed was a 20 year old female and a 27 year old male.

Offline merrymutts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 11:06:21 PM »
That is such sad news; I am sure he had a brilliant career snuffed out. Prayers go out to his family and team mates.
Susan Aspeotes
M and Zee's Gourmet Pet Treats
WWW.BESTDOGCOOKIES.BIZ
Waynesville   MO  65583

Offline demo.dave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 11:33:27 PM »
Driver faces murder charges. :) :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4059869

SANTA ANA, Calif. -- A 22-year-old man was charged with three murder counts and drunken driving Friday in the crash that killed Los Angeles Angels rookie pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others.
Andrew Thomas Gallo ran a red light in his minivan early Thursday and broadsided a car carrying Adenhart and three friends, police said.
"At the time of the crash, Mr. Gallo's blood-alcohol content is estimated to be almost three times the legal limit," Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said.
   About Adenhart Adenhart Nick Adenhart was selected by the Angels in the 14th round of the 2004 draft. At the time of his death, he was the youngest pitcher on a big league roster.
MLB debut: May 1, 2008
Career MLB record: 1-0 (4 starts)
Career minor league record: 37-28

Gallo could receive almost 55 years to life in prison if convicted of all charges, Rackauckas said.
Adenhart died at a hospital, hours after pitching six scoreless innings in his season debut against Oakland. He was to be remembered before the start of Friday night's Angels game against the Boston Red Sox.
"This Angel and his two friends were too young to be sent to heaven but the defendant selfishly and recklessly [got] behind the wheel after getting drunk. They didn't have a choice. Bad decision, blink of an eye, five lives ended, including the defendant's life is wrecked," Rackauckas said at a news conference.
Gallo will likely be assigned a public defender at his first court appearance, scheduled for Monday.
Gallo also was charged with driving under the influence causing injury, and driving with a blood-alcohol level over .08 percent causing injury with a sentencing enhancement that he personally inflicted great bodily injury.
In addition, he was charged with fleeing the scene of a traffic accident causing death or injury.
Fullerton police Lt. Kevin Hamilton said homicide detectives interviewed Gallo for nearly four hours Thursday. "There was a lot to talk about," Hamilton said, without disclosing details.

Offline merrymutts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 11:36:24 PM »
I hope they convict the hell out of him.....
Susan Aspeotes
M and Zee's Gourmet Pet Treats
WWW.BESTDOGCOOKIES.BIZ
Waynesville   MO  65583

Offline demo.dave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 12:47:39 AM »
I hope they convict the hell out of him.....

Yeah. I especially like the part that says 55 to LIFE. I like the life part.

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 06:15:21 AM »
I hope he gets what he deserves... X10!
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"