Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Other MOthers wondering???  (Read 8428 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Other MOthers wondering???
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 05:12:39 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

There isn't ayone who inspects these places..

so when there is cat hair all over an item are they going to clean it off? Babies dont need to have cat hair on any of their items, and i could see someone suing or something if their child or even them gets scratched or bitten by this cat. Im sure this is not allowed by whoever inspecets these places.

Offline mommie24

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2008, 05:22:30 PM »
Honestly, Good Samaritan in West Way is Better.  I just donate my things it saves the hassle and they are cheap and nice.  You have to "dig" but there clothing is just as nice as the other places and they are way cheaper.  Plus your helping someone out.  I spent 9$ the other day and got all 4 of my kids a nice name brand outfit (Aeropostle, Childrens place)  plus 2 pairs of nikes for my 8 year old.  It just depends(with any thrift store) when and who brings stuff cause it changes all the time.

Offline melissacaroline

• I'm a welsh girl livin' in Missouri!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008, 05:30:58 PM »
I was recommending someone to go there that was in my store, and said they have a bunch of cats in there, is that really true? They acted like it was several..

There are at least two cats that I saw this morning....

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2008, 05:59:02 PM »
They do have 2 cats in there and they are friendly and love to play. It doesnt bother me cause I clean my items anyway and I am sure they are litter box trained. I have a cat a home myself.
I like other mothers and have found some really nice items in there for the last few months. They get stuff everyday and loads of it and the last few times i have been in there there were only the owner and another girl working so they were busy. They seem very nice to me.
I took in a beautiful bassinet Kolcraft that rocks and has wheels, mobile with all the extras like music, vibrations etc. It is 80.00 at target and I got $20.00 for it cause they sold it for $39.99. If I was buying one I would love that price compared to new but would have liked to have gotten more out of it myself. The in store trade is good too but you can get money also. Its 45% in store and 30% cash and that is based on what they will sell it for.
I have to agree that all the really good stuff goes fast! I have been there 2 days in a row and the wonderful stuff I seen was gone. As matter of fact my bassinet went 5 minutes after I brought it in.
I washed my stuff and saftey pinned the hats and matching booties to the outfits. Most people bring stuff in just thrown together and I have searched and found matching hats, booties and blankets to some but you wont unless you look. If they bring them in like that you do get more out of them.
I would like to run a store like that too.
I do know it is musty smelling because with the rains it has flooded the floors but I am not sure what is causing the problem? They did put up an apology sign though.
I like the place it isnt perfect but Im not going to complain if im gonna do that then I wouldnt be shopping there.
I also have found brand new with tags outfits in there so it doesnt seem 80's to me JMO. If people brought them in nice and not wrinkled and put in sets etc then it would be nicer cause they dont wash or iron them. I wouldnt for the price I have to give for them but I wouldnt give a good price to the person bringing them in either if they arent clean , smell good, matched and ready to hang.
JMHO
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline ♣♥Young & Foolish♥♣

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2008, 06:41:09 PM »
i have gotten a really cute brand new with tags on it outfit before for a baby, but i still dont agree with the cats because im sure alot of people that go in there are allergic to cats. I think they could do without them. The many times i have been in there the ladies werent very friendly when you come in and were not when i was checking out, they didnt even look @ me.

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2008, 06:43:30 PM »
The one time I went there I didn't think they were very friendly either. I didn't stay long to look around so I don't know if they had a good selection and I didn't see the cats so they must've been hiding. I don't mind the cats, I have two, but I would think it was necessary to put a sign on the door so that people are aware.

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2008, 06:45:03 PM »
I just think they could be nicer. I also brought in a ton of twin matching outfits and they would take one set and not the other. They had no rips or tears so I wonder how they judge what stays and what goes?
Proud Army Wife and Mother of Twin girls!!!!!
Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

WindblownLilac

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2008, 06:52:14 PM »
There are only 2 cats there that I have ever seen.   They are a bit disorganized because they had some damage from all the rain we had.  I went in the other day and found some nice tops for myself that were brand new with the tags still on them for $1.99 each.  Finding nice things is random, I have quite a bit of store credit, but I think I will start getting cash, until my credit goes down...lol. 

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »
Yeah Rick... a few cats.. Im not sure how many.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2008, 03:54:08 AM »
Cats.....organic mouse control??

WindblownLilac

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2008, 12:55:39 AM »
Well, today I must say I was very disappointed, or irritated to be exact.  I did actually find some very cute tops for my daughter, but my disappointment was in the employees.  Apparently the owner/boss was ill today, and they were attempting to switch out the drawer.  Well, that is all fine and dandy, but they chose to do it with a line of customers waiting to be checked out.  7 to be exact.  Have they not heard of getting the customers taken care of first?  And they clearly didn't know how to do it.   After waiting in line with my sister for over 15 minutes, we left the cart in line and left.  And we were not the only ones. 

Offline lubbmysoilder

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2008, 01:44:19 AM »
i havent had any problems with anything in that store. the people are always friendly and since i go in there so often they are great to me. i have gotten some great things in there and most of them have had tags on them and they were dirt cheap. i understand that alot of people have problems with the cats but if you know that they are in there and you do have a problem then just dont go in there. There arent tooo many places to go in this town so i am happy that there is a place that buys your used items and that you can get other items in the place. i def. am not complaing, i love the place!!!

Offline jodygrl

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2008, 12:13:51 PM »
I went in there a few days ago. And I notice the cats were out side.  I let one of the girl know and she said that they are getting rid of the  cats!! :) 
I like the shop tooo but it is VERY VERY different from what is was. they are always very backed up with cloths that they need to tag.
 I was really sad to see they are not getting any out side play stufff in.    I guess ppl jsut dont want to take them there.

Hopefully the owner will read this thread and look at it as areas of improvement.
 :)

Just living the dream :)

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2008, 12:46:04 PM »
How are they getting rid of teh cats? Hopefully not just letting them go outside
Proud Army Wife and Mother of Twin girls!!!!!
Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

Offline jodygrl

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2008, 01:13:59 PM »
No she said that some one was going to be picking them up.
Just living the dream :)

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2008, 03:16:57 PM »
I LOVE THIS PLACE! They have had alot of problems going on. Employees sick or not showing up and the week I went in it was packed with clothes to be tagged because it was only her and another girl for 3 days doing it themselves.  They also had someone deliberately put almost a full roll of papertowels in their toilet adn it overflowed into the building. She was a wreck and upset. I feel for them because it is a very nice and good store to shop in.
I think things will get back in order and up and running smoothly as quick as she can. If I didnt like the place or complained I wouldnt shop there plain and simple.
They know me pretty well now and even complimented me on how my clothes smell so good when I bring them in. they even told me they had someone bring in clothes and their was still poop in the pants! I just cant believe others would do this to them!
If we want the store to remain then I feel I have to do my part to bring in good quality CLEAN items and just be patient on the days they are having problems.
JMHO
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline melissacaroline

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2008, 04:15:39 PM »
Someone brought in poopy clothes? ergh! I want to take a look in there this week to see what they have and to also sell some pre-toddler toys and a few clothes... the problem I have is getting around in there with the twins....especially if there are no carts and I have to take in the stroller...but somehow we manage to look.

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2008, 01:37:43 AM »
they have carts now.
and yes she said that someone brought in a pair of pants with poop still in them. That is gross!

Someone brought in poopy clothes? ergh! I want to take a look in there this week to see what they have and to also sell some pre-toddler toys and a few clothes... the problem I have is getting around in there with the twins....especially if there are no carts and I have to take in the stroller...but somehow we manage to look.

Offline Tracy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2008, 06:09:40 PM »
i havent had any problems with anything in that store. the people are always friendly and since i go in there so often they are great to me. i have gotten some great things in there and most of them have had tags on them and they were dirt cheap. i understand that alot of people have problems with the cats but if you know that they are in there and you do have a problem then just dont go in there. There arent tooo many places to go in this town so i am happy that there is a place that buys your used items and that you can get other items in the place. i def. am not complaing, i love the place!!!

I agree. The new owner is doing the best she can with the cards she was dealt. There was water damage and She did say she was getting rid of the cats and I'm sure she will stick to it or she may lose her most loyal customers. She is also currently hiring some new employees, hopefully friendly girls like the ones we used to know. For those of you who have been in the store and were disappointed with the selection, you must also take into consideration that they do not order their products. The items in their store are brought in by people in our community. It is not the store's fault if they do not carry a numberous selection of an item you are looking for. They only have what has been brought in. The prices are very reasonable. None of the clothes with exception of the formal gowns are priced over $5. I buy my son name brand clothes there all the time. I've never payed more than $3.99 for any of his clothes which are usually Timberland, U.S. Polo, and FUBU. And maternity clothes... are you kidding me, good luck finding jeans and dress shirts for that big ole belly anywhere cheaper.  I too wish they still carried the outside Step2 toys, but there wasn't much they could do about it after the chains on the toys were cut and they were all stolen.  I will continue to shop there no matter what the rest of you think.   

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2008, 04:25:21 PM »
My daughter will starting there sat. She cant wait. She is friendly and I doubt she woudnt be in the store.
They are a great store and it is up to whom bring the items in. I know I took in my bassinet the one that matched my daughters and it went while I was still in the store by a customer. Same as the other one so they dont stay long. Especially if they are clean and in great shape.
Some of the things people bring in is terrible and they should be ashamened not the store.
They do a great job there.

Offline sapperwife1976

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2008, 01:22:40 PM »
For the first time, I finally brought some stuff in there.  Really sorry I did.  The one employee was a snot and the other one not so friendly.  The only one that was nice was the one that took my stuff in the back and helped me with the computer.  I have no idea how they judge things because all the stuff I brought in was brand name and a hell of a lot nicer than other stuff I've seen in there. My daughter didn't have time to wear any of it out because she grew so fast.  I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon.
If it has tires or testicles, it's gonna give you trouble. *anonymous*

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2008, 01:47:23 PM »
I noticed the last time I was there that my stuff added up to 57 dollars store credit and I asked for cash and was cut a check for 14.00. I didn't think that sounded right at all but they swore up and down that it was. The employees are nice sometimes, rude and hateful others, but it always takes so long for them to help you when you're standing at the register. I just think they need more staff.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2008, 01:55:12 PM »
It's strange, but when I took my daughter to the store in Springfield 8 years ago, it was the same way!  Rude employees and a crazy system of running the place.  Daughter had a stack of little boy outfits that were maybe worn once and several with tags from Famous Barr and they told her they were only taking in boys undershirts and onsies(?).  So we took a chance and ran over to Famous and they gave her a full in-store credit.  That was our one & only adventure with OM's.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2008, 02:01:25 PM »
Wow, that's awesome. Worth doing if you have clothes that are still tagged. I guess they figure they will always have customers because there will always be people looking for a deal and they are  the only one in the area.

Offline melissacaroline

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2008, 02:34:28 PM »
I just hate the fact that they stand outside the door and smoke...ergh....It doesn't bother me that they smoke, but wouldn't it be better for business if they moved further away from the main entrance, especially when mom's are coming in with babies???
Melissa

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2008, 02:38:01 PM »
The best time to go to Good Samaritan in the summer is on Mondays. 
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2008, 05:46:48 PM »
my daughter didnt get called to work there so she isnt going to work there like we thought.
However.... I have taken some of my grandson's stuff there and it doesnt seem like you get much credit for them unless its in store credit. Some of his big items I didnt get much for either and I bought most of it there for way more than they gave and priced afterward.
I still love the store though, I just wish I knew what they did with what they dont take cause I would like to have some of it! So I dont know what they base it on.
I have to admit some of the stuff is outdated and not in very good shape. I always take mine in washed and smelling good. and nice outfits/sleepers etc.
Since my grandson is getting bigger I havent been able to find anything i like. Just when it was newborn to 6 months.
My daughter will starting there sat. She cant wait. She is friendly and I doubt she woudnt be in the store.
They are a great store and it is up to whom bring the items in. I know I took in my bassinet the one that matched my daughters and it went while I was still in the store by a customer. Same as the other one so they dont stay long. Especially if they are clean and in great shape.
Some of the things people bring in is terrible and they should be ashamened not the store.
They do a great job there.

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2008, 05:52:50 PM »
I went the other day as well, the lady checking my stuff out was talking to the other employees about what she wanted for lunch, ran to her purse, got money out....never said a word to me. Then someone went to go and get the "Lunch" and and cashier asked her boss if she could go with. When she was told yes, she ran out the door and just left me standing there with my bag of clothes still attached to the holder thing, and receipt still on the computer. I had to reach across the counter to get my own stuff in order to leave!
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline dream

• It may be those who do most, dream most.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2008, 06:50:37 PM »
This place sounds dreadful.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2008, 06:56:19 PM »
Sounds like poor customer service to me.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”