Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Motorcycle Accident????  (Read 20906 times)

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
Re: Motorcycle Accident????
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 09:43:20 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Read the article Princess posted. That just burns my.... well it burns. That SOB should have been behind bars, and this accident would not have happened, but because soem liberal bleeding heart judge want to continue to give him chances, he now is responsible for the death of an inoccent man.
Just like how many times have you read that some child molester got probation and a week later kills some poor kid, or rapes somebody.
We really have a messed up legal system in this country where crime pays because "we" feel guilty if we give out too much punishment. Look at the legal system in outher countries, even Europe. Germany, no such thing as a slap on your hand. Makes you think twice about commiting the crime.
Don't know how many of you remember, my wife was hit on Hwy 28 in 2005 by an idiot backing out onto the Hwy. It T-boned her and caused her to flip over, hurting her and totaling out the Blazer.
The kid driving had no license, it was suspended, no insurance and the vehicle was not registered. We hired a lawyer but he had absolutely nothing to sue for.
Well, originally we thought he was going to go to jail, as this was not his first time.... He got 5 years probation, and his lisence was re-suspended for another year.
GIVE ME A BREAK, If he could care less the first time you suspended it, what makes you think he is going to care now.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline ♣♥Young & Foolish♥♣

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 11:46:51 PM »
the vehicle was pulling out and the motorcycle hit the van. Either way it is a shame, that hill is bad anyway but people dont take the time to wait to make sure noone is coming over it. very sad he had to lose his life.

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 12:19:51 AM »
I have updated info directly from the SSG Warrens Memorial Ride POC to pass on. Here is an itinerary:  1. The actual funeral and internment will be held with family out of state.
2. A Memorial Service will be held 1000hrs, Wednesday, at the Soldiers Memorial Chapel. Practice begins at 0830 for members wishing to be in the ceremony. This includes anyone wishing to be in a flag line out front.
3. A Memorial Ride will be held at the Basic Military Police Training Division (BMPT-D) Site (near the South Dakota & Indiana Avenue curve). Meet between 1800-1825, kick stands up & rolling at 1830hrs. The route will be the one he rode last with friends from work. Leaving BMPT-D they will proceed right onto Iowa Ave, past the Airport, and out the back gate to Hwy 17. All members not wishing to enter FLW due to regulations, but wish to join the ride, please meet at the Hwy AW and Hwy 17 intersection. After a very brief stop the ride with proceed north on Hwy 17 towards Buckhorn, across I-44, and right onto Old Route 66 thru Waynesville. The Memorial Ride will stop at Peppers Bar & Grill in St. Robert.
4. Please notify people not riding motorcycles of the route so they can show their support somewhere along the route.
5. Please forward this throughout the community grapevine to other motorcyclists and/or organizations (especially, but not exclusive to, flag line Patriot Guard Members). SSG Warrens was a brother and a local member of this community, who unfortunately passed away riding his cherished bike close to home. A strong show of community support would be greatly appreciated.
If event changes occur I will attempt to get them out as quickly as possible.
Proud Army Wife and Mother of Twin girls!!!!!
Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 12:24:52 AM »
I always notice that sign on T.  It is just off T and the edge of Reporter Road, close to my turn off at Country Hills Estates.  It is a constant reminder to watch out for riders.  I wish there were more of them out there.  And I agree.  Cells phones should not be allowed to be used while driving.  $75 fine on post I am told. 

Offline ♣♥Young & Foolish♥♣

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2008, 03:40:12 AM »
  Cells phones should not be allowed to be used while driving.  $75 fine on post I am told. 
Last i knew it was $50, did they raise it? If someone has an ear piece for their phone than that is alright, but alot of people dont including myself.

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 03:43:09 AM »
Last time I drove on post the sign said $50
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 12:42:31 PM »
For all those that don't have ear pieces, or blue tooth and can't talk hands free, the solution is simple. Don't call on or answer your phone while driving. Pull over and stop somewhere safe and do it.
What did we do before cell phones..... oh yeah we wanted until we got home to get on the phone.
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2008, 12:48:42 PM »
It's fifty dollar fee and 25 or 30 dollars "court fees" because you usually just pay it but still have to pay the court fees. So you get hit with a 75 - 80 dollar ticket just because you couldn't stand to put your cell phone away for 20 minutes or pull over. (btw:this isn't personal experience, I hate cell phones, but people in my office have been pulled over)
I'm all for MO being cell phone free while driving.

Offline noseyneighbor2

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2008, 05:56:26 PM »
Years ago my husband was hit from behind by a motorist coming off the interstate right in front of what used to be Riveria Lounge.   The car ended up on top of him withthe exhaust burning his neck, both legs had to be operated on and he had road rash and still does all over him.  The kid that hit him had liability that barely paid his medical expenses.  Needless to say we no longer ride today.

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2008, 05:03:17 AM »
http://www.waynesvilledailyguide.com/news/police_and_fire/x2050108066/Two-motorcyclists-crash-one-dies-from-injuries-Thursday
Is this the same accident?  If so the motorcycle hit the suv and not the other way around --- Or I am confused from gathering election numbers all night ---
Help anyone?

"Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2008, 05:07:18 AM »
Article says he skidded the length of a Football field before hitting vehicle.

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2008, 05:16:50 AM »
That must have been awful

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2008, 05:22:13 AM »
I don't know about the skid mark length or anything.  All I know is just as I was driving over it this afternoon, some jacka$$ pulled out in front of me in the same spot.  People just don't pay attention sometimes.  I know I'm kind of guilty of it myself, but not when I'm pulling out of a drive into oncoming traffic for pete's sake!  That's a bad hill I guess...

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2008, 07:32:18 AM »
http://www.waynesvilledailyguide.com/news/police_and_fire/x2050108066/Two-motorcyclists-crash-one-dies-from-injuries-Thursday
Is this the same accident?  If so the motorcycle hit the suv and not the other way around --- Or I am confused from gathering election numbers all night ---
Help anyone?

Yes, he hit the SUV because the SUV did a illegal Uturn right infront of him. I think speed was a factor also
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2008, 11:51:35 AM »
Taz, how about a sign out in the area south of the gate and maybe one for the gravel road going to the Big Piney river.  I am sure I can get permission from someone in those areas to post the signs.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2008, 01:33:09 PM »
I have one left, until we get funds to buy some more. if you have a good spot, I can either pass it on to you or tell me where i have permission
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2008, 02:02:25 PM »
I will check with the people who live just out side the south gate and let you know.

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2008, 02:28:15 PM »
How much is a batch of signs for motorcycle safety?

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2008, 02:42:16 PM »
Not sure off hand, I beleive they were $5 apiece, but not sure the minimum number we have to order. Will have to check
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2008, 02:52:58 PM »
I was just thinking perhaps some folks might like to donate some signs is why I asked.  I'm not sure a lot of non motorcycle riders know what all you guys do.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2008, 03:46:09 PM »
Sad part is, alot of motorcycle riders don't know what all we do either, not to mention the freedoms we protect pertain to off road ATV, motocross, and such, and some of the laws we try to get also are helpful or prectect car drivers.
This site helps alot here in this area though.
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2008, 08:08:53 PM »
Not sure off hand, I beleive they were $5 apiece, but not sure the minimum number we have to order. Will have to check

You're right Taz, signs are $5 each, there is no minimum order.  We can either wait to order more at the next CC meeting, or we can go direct with the other local and order them early.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2008, 11:44:58 AM »
There you go, so if everyone willtell me who wants one and how many, I will get the local to purchase them, so you can put them out for display. Just let me know, might take me a month to round them up.
Freedom Of Road Riders,