Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Motorcycle Wreck  (Read 3026 times)

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
Motorcycle Wreck
« on: July 12, 2010, 01:08:06 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
Re: Motorcycle Wreck
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »
Has anyone heard anything about a guy going down on his bike Saturday, Heard he passed away but have not heard or seen anything posted.

I heard about a Highway Z crash on the scanner on Saturday evening. It appeared to be a minor wreck involving a car and a motorcycle in which the car was still driveable under its own power, the helicopter (which is routinely put on standby for motorcycle wrecks) was cancelled, and as far as I can tell, nobody was transported by ambulance. That's why I did not go out there. Non-injury crashes happen all the time, not uncommonly a half-dozen or more per day.

However, I will look into this further based on your report.

There are other reasons why I may have heard nothing on the scanner, and they include the police and fire departments taking reports of a serious injury off the radio and moving them onto cell phones to make sure family members know before everybody else. Also, while taking the helicopter off standby usually means the injury was not serious enough to warrant air transport, it could also mean much worse things.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 03:58:03 PM »
This weekend a car pulled out of big louie's infront of a bike. The bike swerved to miss but caught some of the cars bumber and wrecked. There were two on the bike, both are bruised and scrapped up, but will be OK
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 04:09:36 PM »
A motorcycle also went down on Sunday around 12:30 on Eastlawn, just east of Missouri Ave. SR police had Eastlawn blocked at the intersection. Haven't heard if deaths or injuries were involved.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline cd

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 05:16:32 PM »
We were riding on the south outer road (going to pick blueberries in Dixon) cause I'm not too crazy about riding on the interstate.  A vehicle was waiting to pull out of big loui's parking lot, my husband braked and the car paused then pulled out into us.  Dan swerved as much as he could, but the trackers front bumper caught the pipe six inches behind my leg.  We went flying; Dan went into the gravel, I went straight on the road and the bike came after me and hit my back.  Eight and a half hours in the ER and I have some stitches in my knee and lots of pretty bruises, Dan has some stitches in his lip and a cracked rib.  We both have some road rash.  My helmet was full face, his was not.  We are both thankful our guardian biker angel was with us, thanks God!

Offline cd

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 05:20:12 PM »
Thank you to the St. Robert P.D., the St. Robert F.D and the PCAD for their good work and great care!  A special thanks to Chuck Fraley for getting there quick on his day off and to the unknown guy who held my neck in place until the neck brace arrived.  Your service does not go unappreciated!!

Offline FordGuyu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 08:26:25 PM »
The guy on eastlawn will probably be alright. I saw the accident and stood by with several other bystanders making sure he didn't get up and holding his head still, but he was awake and talking and didn't have any obvious physical trauma. Who knows what the real deal was, but we kept him still till they hauled him away in the ambulance. I figure he was more pissed about dumping that brand new Harley than anything.

Just from what I saw (I was across the intersection lookin right at him) I don't think he was goin too fast when he had his git off. Kudos to Fire and Police, they where there in less than 2 min.

FG

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 12:55:25 PM »
cd, I am glad you and Dan are for the most part OK. I hate that entire south outer road. twice I have almost been taken out, once by McDonalds by people pulling out and not looking and once at that apartment complect past Big louie's. I either take the interstate or the north outer road now.
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 12:56:35 PM »
I heard the Kathy Crawford was in a serouis wreck on the news this morning, that she hit a deer crossing the road. Anyone else hear anything?
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 01:06:30 PM »
Just got this email

A lot of you know Kat and Wild
Bill (Kathi and Bill Crawford) The were just appointed as the CMA State Leadership Rep. The more prayers the better.

Please share this prayer request with everyone that you know.

Kathi was in an accident on her motorcycle last night 10:30 on her way home involving a deer. The info I have is that she in St. John's hospital in Springfield in ICU. So far they have not found any broken bones but blood on the brain and is kept unconscious. As of 6:30 AM the
doctors don't see a need to go in. Bill is at the hospital with her.

Please pray for Kathi and Bill, please pray for the greatest doctor of all to give her healing and a great recovery.

Freedom Of Road Riders,