Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Why Obama Should be Elected?  (Read 1277 times)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Why Obama Should be Elected?
« on: April 06, 2008, 04:37:29 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

A[/color][/b] [/color][/b]PAID POLITICAL[/color][/b] [/color][/b]ANNOUNCEMENT[/color][/b]
[/color][/b]BY [/b]SENATOR BARACK OBAMA (D-IL)[/b]
[/b] [/color][/color]M[/color]y fellow Americans,[/color] [/color]
[/color]As your future president I want to thank voters of all political stripes for their mindless support, despite my complete lack of any legislative achievement, my pastor's ties with Louis Farrakhan and Libyan dictator Moamar Quadafi, and my blatantly liberal voting record while I present myself as some sort of bipartisan agent of change.   [/color]I also like how my supporters claim my youthful drug use and criminal behaviour somehow qualifies me for the presidency after 8 years of claiming Bush's youthful drinking disqualifies [/i][/i]him.  Your hypocrisy is a beacon of hope shining over a sea of political chicanery.  I would also like to thank the Kennedys for coming out in support of me.  There's a lot of glamour behind the Kennedy name, even though JFK started the Vietnam War, his brother Robert illegally wiretapped Martin Luther King Jr., they both slept with Marilyn, and Teddy's negligence caused the death of a young girl.  I'm not going anywhere near the Kennedy cousins, especially Michael Skakel.  And I'd like to thank Oprah Winfrey for her support.  Her love of meaningless empty platitudes will be the force that propels me to the White House.  Americans should vote for me, not because of my lack of experience or achievement, but because I make people feel good.  White people who vote for me get some relief from their racist guilt.  ]I say things that sound meaningful but don't really mean anything because Americans are tired of things having meaning.  If things have meaning, then that means you have to think.  Americans are tired of thinking.  It's time to shut down the brain and open up the heart.  So when you go to vote in the primaries, remember don't think, just do. [/i][/i]And do it for me. [/color]Thanking you in advance.

Barack[/size][/color]

Offline fish

• View Profile
Re: Why Obama Should be Elected?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:09:22 PM »
Exactly matrs!!
Every candidate runs on change and it rarely happens. Ronald Reagan was the exception.
Barak Hussein Obama is relying on charm decieve his way into the whitehouse. it won't work but that doesn't mean he won't try.

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:15:20 PM »
Wow,  I don't know who wrote this, but I would not be surprised if these were his true thoughts.  It is kind of the way I feel he really is.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline ladyitchb

• I see you........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 01:17:58 PM »
Actually it's getting to the point where I don't want to vote for any of them...You can never tell the lies from the truth (LOL Government) and I still wish Ross Perot would run again....We need someone hard nosed in business to get this country back on track with the budget..
Sometimes you feel like a nut......sometimes you just want to kick..........

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 03:20:01 PM »
I watched a program this weekend that discussed Obama's voting record in the State of IL and now the Congress.  It was pretty fun watching how he would vote present in some cases so he could play both sides of a topic.  I also liked how he would vote (yes or no) and then say something to the effect of let the record show I tried to vote (no or yes), again all so he can play both sides.  Typical politicion if you ask me.  Please by all means vote any way you wish, but vote!  I personally will not be voting for a guy that plays this type of game no matter how eloquent he/she may be.

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 03:43:01 PM »
I watched a program this weekend that discussed Obama's voting record in the State of IL and now the Congress.  It was pretty fun watching how he would vote present in some cases so he could play both sides of a topic.  I also liked how he would vote (yes or no) and then say something to the effect of let the record show I tried to vote (no or yes), again all so he can play both sides.  Typical politicion if you ask me.  Please by all means vote any way you wish, but vote!  I personally will not be voting for a guy that plays this type of game no matter how eloquent he/she may be.

02Tundra I want to vote,really.  But all this mudslinging, and embelishing stories, and all the political games make me feel like my vote will not matter in the least, what with superdelegates making our decisions and all that.  I have almost decided to switch parties, and then I think, what will it really matter?  I don't understand this super-delegate thing, if they will decide why did we even vote in the primaries?  Can you explain this for me, you seem to know a lot about it all, more than me anyway.  Thanks!

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 06:39:12 PM »
The way the Dems apportion their delegates is pretty complicated and I wouldn't even attempt to try and explain it, because I'm not really sure if they really understand it themselves.  The issue of "Superdelegates" is very delicate too say the least.  I don't think they ever thought they would see a primary this close, which could cause many problems for the Dems, depending on how the superdelegates vote compared to how the majority of voter's across the Country voted.  Hillary still thinks that she can convince superdelegates to vote for her no matter what the voter's have done and I think that will blow up in her face, if he doesn't watch out.  Other than that, I would say attempt to learn as much as you can about the candidates and then make up your own mind about who you will support.  Don't forget there is more then one party, so you have another option, if your not pleased with the two running for the Dems. 

I just feel voting is a civic duty and if you don't vote, then you don't really have anything to complain about, I would hope you agree with that thinking, but if not that's your right!

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 06:45:11 PM »
Thanks 02Tundra, I appreciate you explaining it to me.  I feel the same as you about voting, and I am leading towards going republican,  I used to be serious about Hillary, but she has changed my mind, and I will never vote for Obama, so that leaves McCain, and he seems to be the best and most likely of the 3.  I hope he can beat Obama.  again, i appreciate you !!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 02:49:10 AM »
the dems are the only ones that have caucuses. they are also the only ones that award delegates in proportion to the votes recieved. They are also the only ones with super delegates. they are to make sure the wishes of the party, not necessarily the voters are fulfilled. Hubert Humphrey won the dem nomination in 1968 without winning a single primary(there were only 13 then). he relied on the super delegates. Hillary could still get the nomination.
Ya gotta vote! It gives you the right to complain about the ones in office.

shadylane

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 05:27:11 AM »
According to the polls, Obama is leading with the troops in Iraq. Also 72% polled said we should pull out within one year of less.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 12:00:18 PM »
Which polls?  I don't remember seeing any polls regarding soldiers.  Point me to it so I can read the questions also please.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 01:53:46 PM »
By all means, due the the results of that poll "shadylane" mentions, we should immediately pull out of Iraq and allow it to go to hell in a hand basket.  We need to start conducting all our international business by the results of polls of the American people.  If you think our government is screwed up now, wait until they start making every decision based upon the latest polls of the American public!   

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 03:22:37 PM »
Except they are NOT polls of the American public, they are polls of the American LEFT.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...