Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: How much do you REALLY know about the canidate you back ?  (Read 5854 times)

Offline sway-

• View Profile
Re: How much do you REALLY know about the canidate you back ?
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2008, 07:45:45 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

why do you think a dem or liberal would be good for this country?

You want a president to sound out words and LIE to this country?
No i don't want a president that lies to his country which is what  stated.
And NCLB IS A JOKE !
the state of the economy is a joke
and you find un fair that ALL people should be able to afford and buy a house ?

And brag about how great you are doing with the economy being so great because some of us are hating life with the economy sucking...wish we were all so damn lucky.
Addiciting and expensive just like cocaine

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 01:28:59 PM »
lol - thanks all - back atcha   :laugh:

So, SSDD - under yer avatar - it says "yes, thats me ignorants"  But the pic would appear to be the BUTT of a CAMEL pack.  Now I don't wana read into this, but....   ;)

Anyhow, yea, the economy is in a hardcore down-turn, and it is going to get worse before it gets better - what peeves me is people actually blame the standing president for the dilema for which the seeds were sewn under a different administration - I get irritated that people are so lazy as to point a finger and accuse without trying to research and understand.

This is yet another reason why I think people should have to pass a test to demonstrate a certain level of comprehension BEFORE BEING ALLOWED TO VOTE.
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 02:13:24 PM »
I don't believe that the problems we are facing right now can just be blamed on any president, there are a lot more people making decisions for this country than the president, congress and the senate, so to me it is not an issue of democrat or republican, because I believe they can all take the blame equally.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

retired1_us

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »
Did anyone check out Nobamas Patriot Speech?  OMG - The man is clueless.

+ karma Murfy and SC

Happy Independence Day!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »
If you don't want a president that lies , than why would you want a dem or liberal as president.

the economy will always have ups and downs. the current down turn isn't as bad as the media reports or the dems wished. there is still economic growth.

Offline zetter

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 02:19:15 PM »
AMEN!

cenwoman

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 03:11:13 PM »
Fish I just don't get it. I have watched your comments on this board for along time and you have always just lumped every liberal and democrat as a liar and every republican as some kind of savior. Do you really believe that you can just slide everyone into one of two catagories ? Do you think Americans are not smart enough to actually look at the individual and not just the party ? Sorry but no party and no candidate is perfect and I personally like to check it out for myself, then decide. I don't need anyone shoving party rhetoric down my throat to make up my mind.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2008, 03:36:54 PM »
Email I just got:

545 PEOPLE

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget.   The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations.   The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices  545 human beings out of the 300 million  are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress.   In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason.   They have no legal authority.   They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing.   I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash.   The politician has the power to accept or reject it.   No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault.   They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall.   No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.   The president can only propose a budget.   He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes.   Who is the speaker of the House?   She is the leader of the majority party.   She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want.   If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility.   I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people.   When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Marines are in IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ .

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.
There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.   Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like 'the economy,' 'inflation,' or 'politics' that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses  provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2008, 01:45:25 AM »
you need to read them again cenwoman. to clarify my stance; I am a conservative, and a registered republican. republicans were known as conservatives(some still are, many are not), democrats are liberals(there used to be conservatives that were democrats).

I do not lump all democrats/liberals into one pile as liars. But I don't believe bill and hillary are honest, algore certainly is not. obama? no way. Joe leiberman? the best thing he did was change parties but he is still liberal and I believe an honest man.
what about the leadership in congress? Harry Reid and nancy pelosi are far from honest along with pos kerry. murtha? durbin? there are many more that I would consider dishonest/liars

which republicans fit this mold. none that I believe have misled us. any as saviors? not hardly. there is only one Savior and He isn't back yet.
there are some republicans that are not honest, some are in jail(where some of the dems should be) W may have made mistakes but I believe them to be honest mistakes. I will fault no one for making an honest mistake.
look at the state of the country and what the dems ran on in 2006. Lower gas prices is one thing that was promised. they have since risen at least 50%. why? the dems won't allow more drilling at home. they lied.
If there has been a dishonest republican I don't deny they are . but I have not seen one pointed out. Are republicans automatically honest? no, but they don't seem to get caught up in scandals and not prosecuted like the dems.

I don't shove rhetoric. I like to rely on facts. that is how a decision should be made.

I would love the dems and republicans to be partisan,none of this moderate crap. then there is a clear distinction between parties. work can still be accomplished. Reagan had a democrat congress and got a lot done. bubba had a republican congress led by conservatives and they forced him to get things done. being partisan does not mean legislation cannot be passed. it requires a healthy debate that unfortunately is squashed because of political manuevering.
The republicans lost their way and that is why they lost. there are more that need to go. But the upcoming election could very well be a democrat president and dem majority congress. That will be a reflection of the carter presidency. read about that, along with checking facts.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2008, 08:36:23 PM »
To honestly state that your 100% honest evaluation of Republican politicians has led you to hold the belief that not one has misled the US is to either be a liar who is desperately holding on to a public image that everyone knows is a lie or to be incapable of making rational judgments about issues.

Either way it is the unfortunate Republican and Conservative party line that nothing they do or have done is wrong and that Democrats are evil liars bent on destroying the American way of life. 

That they cannot see the forest for the trees is why the US is in such a mess.  That they want to continue this mess based on their lies shows just which party is sick and twisted.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2008, 09:09:19 PM »
To honestly state that your 100% honest evaluation of Republican politicians has led you to hold the belief that not one has misled the US is to either be a liar who is desperately holding on to a public image that everyone knows is a lie or to be incapable of making rational judgments about issues.

Either way it is the unfortunate Republican and Conservative party line that nothing they do or have done is wrong and that Democrats are evil liars bent on destroying the American way of life. 

That they cannot see the forest for the trees is why the US is in such a mess.  That they want to continue this mess based on their lies shows just which party is sick and twisted.

What_the?     Whatever!

The most despicable acts of deceit ongoing in this country are the lies and hypocrisy perpetrated by the people
seen in this short video.

They are so blinded by their hatred for this President and the necessities of their party they have betrayed their
own consciences.

This should be seen by everyone in America ! 
Here's a video compilation you definitely won't see on main stream media. The next time you hear the expression 'Bush's war' remember this note that there's no 'opinion', just direct video which deserves wide
distribution.

http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2008, 10:36:33 PM »
Do you really believe that NO Republican has ever lied to the American public?
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2008, 01:41:37 AM »
nope, but the current congressional leadership's lies have drowned them out.

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2008, 01:43:16 PM »

Are you kidding?  The Dems dedicate vast resources to trying to discredit and smear the Republicans, and hypocracy is their watch-word.  I think you are 180 degress out on this - every time a republican (elected official) opens his/her mouth the dems turn around and go on the attack.  To state the repubs are responsible for the attack dog tactics is ludacrious...
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke