Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Missouri Voters May be Asked to Legalize Marijuana in 2012  (Read 9342 times)

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
Missouri Voters May be Asked to Legalize Marijuana in 2012
« on: November 08, 2011, 08:47:40 PM »

Share/Bookmark

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: Missouri Voters May be Asked to Legalize Marijuana in 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 11:21:25 PM »
won't lying Eric love that one

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 09:23:40 AM »
I think its about time America woke up and legalize this, Alcohol is legal and causes way more problems. Personally i dont like it, makes me paranoid and retarded, but I love to drink beer. My vise is legal, yet people drive drunk and kill people , Men beat wives,kids, women do stupid  shit as well, but its legal.......the only thing i have ever seen Weed do is make someone sink into the couch and maybe get hungry. Ive never seen a guy high want to beat some ass. Never, nor seen a guy Gal high want to drive. Im sure it happens, but at a really slow pace...lol. I dont understand why it isnt legal
Biscuit

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 12:41:58 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if it passes. I don't personally use it, but I don't know many people that don't. I would rather be in a room full of people that were high on weed...than drunk on alcohol! There are far more people smoking pot than anyone realizes.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 03:36:04 PM »
Plus if they put on a special tax on Chips and twinkies they will make a bundle
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 06:37:16 PM »
Legalize it and tax it.   Agree with you all about the comparisons to alcohol and peoples behavior.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »
Why not?  Obama put a tax on Christmas trees

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 08:46:37 PM »
With as many people that use and sell it, if it were legalized and taxed like cigarettes the government could make a great dent in the deficit. People have been smoking it for a looooong time, and always will so why not let the government make some bank on it?
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 09:22:45 PM »
With as many people that use and sell it, if it were legalized and taxed like cigarettes the government could make a great dent in the deficit. People have been smoking it for a looooong time, and always will so why not let the government make some bank on it?
I can see it now Twinkies and chips on every government workers desk.
LSD, Crack, Heroin and more will be next :poke:
I say Ban Tobacco and alcohol not tax it.
The money that will be lost will make up for it in healthcare cost.
Get rid of it and your healthcare will be cut in half.
JMO
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 09:31:23 PM »
I can see it now Twinkies and chips on every government workers desk.
LSD, Crack, Heroin and more will be next :poke:
I say Ban Tobacco and alcohol not tax it.
The money that will be lost will make up for it in healthcare cost.
Get rid of it and your healthcare will be cut in half.
JMO

Maynard... MJ is no more a "Gateway Drug" than Coke, Pepsi or Coffee. 
Healthcare costs WILL be lowered, because the medicinal uses of MJ will eliminate the need for some prescription medications for some people (I'm not naive enough to think that it's the super drug that will cure the worlds ailments).
I know you grew up with the guberment propaganda "Devil Weed" garbage that we all believed for so long.  But, if you take the time to do some research, you'll see the many benefits of MJ and realize that what you've been told most (or all) of your life regarding MJ is garbage...
Don't take my word for it, spend some time researching and reading.  You might be surprised at what you find, I know I was.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 10:22:25 PM »
Maynard... MJ is no more a "Gateway Drug" than Coke, Pepsi or Coffee. 
Healthcare costs WILL be lowered, because the medicinal uses of MJ will eliminate the need for some prescription medications for some people (I'm not naive enough to think that it's the super drug that will cure the worlds ailments).
I know you grew up with the guberment propaganda "Devil Weed" garbage that we all believed for so long.  But, if you take the time to do some research, you'll see the many benefits of MJ and realize that what you've been told most (or all) of your life regarding MJ is garbage...
Don't take my word for it, spend some time researching and reading.  You might be surprised at what you find, I know I was.
Don't be so naive Timmy, I was smoking pot 54 yrs. ago.
Hell I can get a script now if I wanted__ I don't.
With age comes wisdom
And your full of crap about A gateway drug ask any Crackhead or
Herion addict if they smoked pot before they done the other,
In most cases they do both.
And I was talking about Banning alcohol and tobacco on the healthcare issue.
Have you got that school girl outfit on again? &^&&(
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline christy550679

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 10:26:27 PM »
Tax it!!!!!!!!!! Empty jail cells and beds from people who have been incarcerated for MJ crimes. Save tax payers money for incarceration of these petty crimes. I would rather see a drunk driver in jail for killing a family then a pothead! JMO

This is how I look at it. God made weed, man made beer, who do you trust?

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 10:38:47 PM »
Tax it!!!!!!!!!! Empty jail cells and beds from people who have been incarcerated for MJ crimes. Save tax payers money for incarceration of these petty crimes. I would rather see a drunk driver in jail for killing a family then a pothead! JMO

This is how I look at it. God made weed, man made beer, who do you trust?
I Like the way you think  :{:{:

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 11:07:31 PM »
God gave man the wisdom to make beer.  I ain't givin up my beer.  I like it.  I don't drink it to excess.  Look at what happened the last time they tried banning booze.

Offline christy550679

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 12:24:06 AM »
I knew I would get slammed for that comment. I don't think anyone should have to give up beer or pot if they know how to control it. I just think it makes more sense to legalize something that is natural. It's a way to generate more tax revenue and we need that. And yes it does make some people lazy..that is a fact but in some instances where it is used for medical purposes it takes away pain and allows a person to get out of the bed and function. There is a positive and negative to everything that is considered illegal or legal. 

I just think that everyone should look at it from both sides of the argument. I can see why people who are against legalization feel that way just as I think some people can understand why others feel the opposite.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 12:30:19 AM »
I knew I would get slammed for that comment. I don't think anyone should have to give up beer or pot if they know how to control it. I just think it makes more sense to legalize something that is natural. It's a way to generate more tax revenue and we need that. And yes it does make some people lazy..that is a fact but in some instances where it is used for medical purposes it takes away pain and allows a person to get out of the bed and function. There is a positive and negative to everything that is considered illegal or legal. 

I just think that everyone should look at it from both sides of the argument. I can see why people who are against legalization feel that way just as I think some people can understand why others feel the opposite.
Who slammed you?  It wasn't me I thought what you stated was awesome.

Offline christy550679

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 12:32:30 AM »
Who slammed you?  It wasn't me I thought what you stated was awesome.

No one. I read it wrong. Darn glasses must be dirty. lol

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 12:40:51 AM »
No one. I read it wrong. Darn glasses must be dirty. lol
If you talking about the guy who said pot makes you lazy,
I'll Bet he knows this for a fact. LOL

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 12:45:08 AM »
Damn I feel guilty now. I just had a beer with my pizza and wings.
Now I need to take my medication. ;D
And I'm not kidding :th_thwhistling:

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 01:11:42 AM »
another boost for business! more greenhouses, gardening stuff sold,don't forget more donut shops! It might be better to fight the war on drugs with money hat was spent on pot raids. regulate it like alcohol and tax it.

Offline SC Susie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 02:40:46 AM »
I say legalize it.........

I wonder if "unemployment" will increase due to businesses , who only prior to legalization demanded PRE-employment screenings, possibly implementing frequent testing or mandatory testing  causing either people to voluntarily not seek employment or be fired.

Im really curious if advertising  would change.....possibly seeing..."Use me,  Mr Adder, CPA, for your tax needs this season, Im pot free and will happily prove it to you" or "Cab Company X - all our drivers submit to weekly testing".......( I know, lame examples....)

And Im glad to see on the petitions legalization  for MEDICINAL use for some minors.....yes, there will be fraud...but...  a 15 year old bone cancer patient's pain and quality of life deserves to be addressed just as much as the 36 year old suffering from the same  JMO.

Who kept the faith and fought the fight;
The glory theirs, the duty ours.
~Wallace Bruce

Offline JShultz

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 12:40:22 PM »
Smoking ganja doesn't make me lazy...Though it makes me less motivated to give a damn about stupid stuff.

Marijuanna is a gateway drug. It is not due to the nature of THC though. Why is it a gateway then? Because it puts people in an illegal environment where there are other drugs to try. The other time in American history where there was this much illegal drug activity was the time period between the 18th amendment and the 21st amendment...
Opinions are like kittens, I was giving them away. I had allot to say!

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 06:51:58 PM »
Don't be so naive Timmy, I was smoking pot 54 yrs. ago.
Hell I can get a script now if I wanted__ I don't.
With age comes wisdom
And your full of crap about A gateway drug ask any Crackhead or
Herion addict if they smoked pot before they done the other,
In most cases they do both.
And I was talking about Banning alcohol and tobacco on the healthcare issue.
Have you got that school girl outfit on again? &^&&(
Not trying to pick a fight, just trying to have honest debate.  Something many folks don't realize is the pot you smoked 54 years ago is completely different than the pot being grown today, especially in the medicinal market.  The THC content of what you smoked many many many moons ago was about 1/3 of the THC content of today (some studies say more some say less).  So you most likely did not see the medicinal value that there is today, but you probably had a lot more headaches than folks smoking today because you were smoking a weed with a little bit of THC instead of a higher concentration of THC that there is available today.

Regarding the "gateway drug" thing... Depends on who you listen to and what research you believe.  Bottom line (for me) is people either have addictive personalities or they don't.  If someone has an addictive personality they will become addicted regardless of whether MJ is legal or not.  Yes, most who do hard core drugs used MJ first, but they also used over the counter medications, stole meds from mom & dad, abused alcohol, cigarettes, etc... Someone who does NOT have an addictive personality can pick up & put down a joint at will.  It's not the DRUG that opens the door to addiction & abuse; it's the person's hard wiring (brain) and whether or not they are susceptible to addiction & abuse.  Same goes for alcoholism & a host of other addiction based diseases we have today.

As for banning alcohol & cigarettes… Sure, it would be nice to ban them right along with internal combustion engines, which pollute our air & indirectly cause cancer & a host of other health problems.  But, that’s not what America is about.  Our guberment should not have the ability to tell you as a citizen what you can or can’t eat, drink, drive, etc.  You have free will and we live in a “free” society.  Besides, we already tried that.  I’m sure you remember how prohibition went over, don’t you?  :th_thbeer1-1:

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 07:24:16 PM »
Not trying to pick a fight, just trying to have honest debate.  Something many folks don't realize is the pot you smoked 54 years ago is completely different than the pot being grown today, especially in the medicinal market.  The THC content of what you smoked many many many moons ago was about 1/3 of the THC content of today (some studies say more some say less).  So you most likely did not see the medicinal value that there is today, but you probably had a lot more headaches than folks smoking today because you were smoking a weed with a little bit of THC instead of a higher concentration of THC that there is available today.

Regarding the "gateway drug" thing... Depends on who you listen to and what research you believe.  Bottom line (for me) is people either have addictive personalities or they don't.  If someone has an addictive personality they will become addicted regardless of whether MJ is legal or not.  Yes, most who do hard core drugs used MJ first, but they also used over the counter medications, stole meds from mom & dad, abused alcohol, cigarettes, etc... Someone who does NOT have an addictive personality can pick up & put down a joint at will.  It's not the DRUG that opens the door to addiction & abuse; it's the person's hard wiring (brain) and whether or not they are susceptible to addiction & abuse.  Same goes for alcoholism & a host of other addiction based diseases we have today.

As for banning alcohol & cigarettes… Sure, it would be nice to ban them right along with internal combustion engines, which pollute our air & indirectly cause cancer & a host of other health problems.  But, that’s not what America is about.  Our guberment should not have the ability to tell you as a citizen what you can or can’t eat, drink, drive, etc.  You have free will and we live in a “free” society.  Besides, we already tried that.  I’m sure you remember how prohibition went over, don’t you?  :th_thbeer1-1:
I agree with most everything you said.
and as far as Prohibition. I had relatives that owned and opperated Speak easy's in Gary Ind. , Chicago and Calumet city ILL. >:D

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 07:34:54 PM »
http://www.wboc.com/story/16006847/heavy-meth-use-linked-to-schizophrenia
Meth and pot use linked to schizoprenia
Read this and tell me the first person that pops into your mind on this Blog/message board.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001925/

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 09:06:20 PM »
My opinion? Legalize it.. I couldn't care less either way, I have no use for it myself..