Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: 3 die in Dixon crash..  (Read 15535 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
3 die in Dixon crash..
« on: November 19, 2011, 02:54:51 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Crash Report Details

Crash Information   
Investigated ByIncident#DateTimeCountyLocationTroop
SGT. DARRYL SUHR #449 ASSISTED BY CPL. STEVEN CUNNINGHAM #28511046960711/18/20119:22PMPULASKIMO. 28 5 MILES SOUTH OF DIXONI
Vehicle Information   
Veh. #Vehicle DescriptionDamageDispositionDriver NameDriver GenderDriver AgeSafety DeviceDriver City/StateDriver InsuranceVehicle Direction
12004 FORD MUSTANGTOTALJACKS WRECKER SERVICESHACKLEFORD, BRADLEY AMALE26UNKNOWNDIXON, MOUNKNOWNNORTHBOUND
21997 ACURATOTALJACKS WRECKERSTEWART, JAMES JMALE24UNKNOWNDIXON, MOUNKNOWNSOUTHBOUND
Injury Information   
Veh. #NameGenderAgeInjury TypeSafety DeviceCity/StateInvolvementDisposition
1MCMEEKAN, CHAD MMALE26FATALUNKNOWNDIXON, MOOCCUPANTAIR LIFTED BY ST JOHNS LIFELINE TO UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL IN COLUMBIA PRONOUNCED BY DR. WANEK AT 0337 HRS
1SHACKLEFORD, BRADLEY AMALE26FATALUNKNOWNDIXON, MODRIVERTAKEN TO LONG-KLOEPPLE FUNERAL HOME IN DIXON, MO
2STEWART, JAMES JMALE24FATALUNKNOWNDIXON, MODRIVERTAKEN TO LONG-KLOEPPLE FUNERAL HOME IN DIXON, MO
Misc. Information   
***FATAL*** VEHICLE #1 CROSSED THE CENTERLINE STRIKING VEHICLE #2 NEARLY HEADON. VEHICLE #1 TRAVELED OFF EAST SIDE OF ROADWAY, COMING TO REST IN A FIELD AND CAUGHT FIRE. VEHICLE #2 TRAVELED OFF WEST SIDE OF ROADWAY, OVERTURNED SEVERAL TIMES, ALSO CAUGHT FIRE. DRIVER OF VEHICLE #1 WAS PRONOUNED AT THE SCENE BY PULASKI COUNTY CORONER MIKEL HARTNESS AT 2227 HOURS. DRIVER OF VEHICLE #2 WAS PRONOUNED AT THE SCENE BY PULASKI COUNTY CORONER MIKEL HARTNESS AT 2228 HOURS. MCMEEKAN OF VEHICLE 1 WAS PRONOUNCED BY DR. WANEK AT 0337 HRS ON 111911. NEXT OF KIN HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED. TROOP I FATAL #34 FOR 2011.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Re: 3 die in Dixon crash..
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 03:05:20 PM »
How sad.... My thoughts are with their families in this time of grief...
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 09:30:15 PM »
Please mark don't post any other pictures, if you were in the families position and this was katherine you wouldn't want pictures all over the internet...  so please dont post any others

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 09:56:51 PM »
What was Mark doing on 28 last night? Looking for Bob?
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 10:03:11 PM »
 I was at home. I have a lot of family that live right there. One of them took the pictures.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »
I was at home. I have a lot of family that live right there. One of them took the pictures.
Okay, just checking lol.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline jlh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 10:53:36 PM »
How devastating this must be for all those parents...my heart goes out to them.

Offline OzarkCavs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 11:17:34 PM »
We live by the scene of this accident. This is one of the worst accidents that i have ever seen.  My heart goes out to the families of all of them.  JJ's family has already suffered through so much unexpected loss already.  Their holidays will never be the same.

Offline cricket

• me 115 feet up inn the air
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 04:33:40 AM »
My heart goes out to all of the families involved, such a terrible accident, and so close to the holiday's.

Live as you will wish to have lived when you are dying

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 06:39:27 AM »
I just can't even imagine! Just reading the accident report and then seeing it I cant even imagine what the poor victims went thru let alone their families. Such a horrible tragedy and probably could have been avoided. Im sorry but cars are dangerous and you have to pay attention ALL the time not just to yourself but other drivers. So sad this happened to them especially around the holidays.
EVERYONE  TAKE YOUR TIME, SLOW DOWN AND PAY ATTENTION AT ALL TIMES. Dont text, play with the radio/CD player, talk on the phone or drink while driving. I have seen woman putting on make up while driving! One split second and I mean literally a split second devistation can happen to any of us.
Prayers go out to the families.
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline OzarkCavs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »
Please mark don't post any other pictures, if you were in the families position and this was katherine you wouldn't want pictures all over the internet...  so please dont post any others
Probie, i understand where you are coming from.  It is terrible. But this is not the only website where pictures are posted, where family and friends can see. We are long time friends of the Stewart family. I myself, have seen three other photos on another website and photos from our own camera, taken while we were there. Perhaps by showing this picture to a parents teenager or even a reminder to adults, can also be used as a learning tool or reminder. It could just save his/her life! This paticular stretch of hwy goes unpatrolled far too often and we see vehicles traveling at high rates of speed on the straight away, passing in no passing zones, pulling out in front of someone, etc... The only way to stop it, is to stop the drivers doing it. Their have been several deaths this year in this stretch of hwy. The neighbor on the southside of the Gashopper refuses to trim back his/her bushes and trees so people can see oncoming traffic. Customers have two options. Listen for oncoming traffic traveling northbound or just guess and gun it. I can't even count how many accidents their were this past summer there alone.

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 04:55:21 PM »
What I think is so frustrating is the fact that JJ didn't stand a chance.  He literally happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Our daughter has known him & his family forever and is devastated over his death especially when the facts of the accident were brought out.  Meaning no disrespect , as she went to school with the other two guys...  but the facts of the accident have NOT been made known and that is so frustrating.  Drinking/alcohol, extremely high rate of speed, use of NOS/high performance vehicle to get their car TO that speed in an unsafe manner, etc etc.......  this accident was totally avoidable ...and because of a very very bad judgement call there are now 3 families that have suffered a loss.     
yeah whatever~*

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 06:48:51 PM »
I don't think you will get an argument about that.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 12:37:31 AM »
What I think is so frustrating is the fact that JJ didn't stand a chance.  He literally happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Our daughter has known him & his family forever and is devastated over his death especially when the facts of the accident were brought out.  Meaning no disrespect , as she went to school with the other two guys...  but the facts of the accident have NOT been made known and that is so frustrating.  Drinking/alcohol, extremely high rate of speed, use of NOS/high performance vehicle to get their car TO that speed in an unsafe manner, etc etc.......  this accident was totally avoidable ...and because of a very very bad judgement call there are now 3 families that have suffered a loss.     

I have not heard and was not aware of these conditions.
Until the day God hands over the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, no one on Earth has the right to judge anyone.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 01:06:45 AM »
I have not heard and was not aware of these conditions.
If no one survived and there were no witnesses, also no mention
of achohol in the traffic report it is just gosip and lies as far as i'm concerned.
 :th_tha3ab577b-1: :shame:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 05:28:56 AM »
Sorry bud but there are no lies here...  the family has the facts and they know what happened and why it happened....
yeah whatever~*

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 06:20:04 AM »
Sorry bud but there are no lies here...  the family has the facts and they know what happened and why it happened....
Well then if you know the facts you won't mind sharing them.
Just post a copy of them otherwise its heresay.
I havn't seen any news in any paper and you know that they will
check all records.
What you read on facebook is not gospel just gosip.
Now if the parents of these children havn't suffered enough people need to stop talking about it and let these children and there familys rest in peace..........
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 11:58:44 AM »
What I stated is from the family and close friends of the deceased who knew the particulars that lead up to that fateful night ... as for the media, oh yes we all know that all media is 100% factual non biased and never known to not report accurately let alone report on each and every situation ...   :o

I don't owe you or anyone "proof" of what is widely known as fact by many. 

I also don't do the facebook thing of he said, she said. 

You also talk of parents (don't forget family as well) suffering.  Were you there at JJ's funeral or any of the funerals.  No I didn't think so.  Tell JJ's family that they should  just stop talking about it and let it go...  that is so easy to say isn't it?

I'm done hashing this out with you.  Feel free to comment all you want as I know you will.   My point was made.
yeah whatever~*

Offline OzarkCavs

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 12:29:03 AM »
Like i said before, we have been long time friends of the Stewart family and all 3 of these families are suffering a kind of pain that no one can imagine unless they have lost a child of their own.  The general rule of thumb is that parents are suppose to out live their children.  I've known all of the Stewart kids since they were babies and watched them grow, while considering our families long time friends.  We were there the night that Tommy was killed by Indian Joe. Like Carpenter, we also have kids that went to school with all 3 of them.  I received an email from one of the classmates, who moved to IL and just found out his 3 buddies were now gone.
Maynard, the article of the accident is in last weeks issue of the Dixon Pilot. Also JJ's obit if you are interested.  If you do some research, the death certificates are also online. Before you ask, the answer is NO.  I wouldn't post the link without the parents permission, even tho if i can find it, anyone can.  Maynard, did you stop and think that maybe you actually WERE talking to close friends of the family when you were talking with Carpenter?  Some families don't just stop talking about it and sweep it under the rug like it isn't there.  Carpenter is absolutely right and is within bounds to find it offensive.  That may be the way you deal with it, but others may not.  Friends, family and members of church keep their memories alive, find closure and heal by talking, crying, offering acts of kindness and praying for their loved ones.
The facts are that The Shackleford vehicle was traveling at a VERY high rate of speed and crossed into the lane in which JJ was driving.  3 families lives will never be the same because of one driver who never should have been behind the wheel to begin with.  Im sure his family will forever feel the guilt of their son taking two other individuals lives.  He was a good kid, a decent young man, who was getting his education. But on that night, unfortunately, he made a fatal decision.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 01:39:36 AM »
Dixon Pilot does not post storys on line and the Death certificate is not accessable to me.
Case.net is, compare the 2.
May they rest in peace.
And you are correct in saying__ He was a good kid, a decent young man, who was getting his education. But on that night, unfortunately, he made a fatal decision.
now thats all I have to say....... except Prayers to the Familys.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 03:52:25 AM »
Who is Indian Joe?

Offline kctexan

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 04:08:35 AM »
Dixon Pilot does not post storys on line and the Death certificate is not accessable to me.
Case.net is, compare the 2.
May they rest in peace.
And you are correct in saying__ He was a good kid, a decent young man, who was getting his education. But on that night, unfortunately, he made a fatal decision.
now thats all I have to say....... except Prayers to the Familys.

So basically what you are saying is we should compare the worth of the individuals involved based on what Case.net says about them.  That's pretty shallow if you ask me.  The facts are clear - JJ was driving legally in HIS lane of traffic, and not under the influence, when he was struck 'almost head on' by the Shackleford vehicle, which contained two individuals completely under the influence.  Mr. Shackleford was driving a souped-up vehicle at an extremely high rate of speed (due to racing fuel being used).  While I feel bad for the Shackleford family, it is fact that the direct actions of their son took an innocent life.  Just because JJ was poorer, or not as popular, or his family not as well known in the county, does not negate the loss his family has suffered, nor mitigate the blame that should be rightly placed.  Bottom line - three families are suffering.  All their lives were equal, no matter their circumstances.  However, only JJ was truly innocent in this situation.  It's pretty sad when where you stand in society enters into the mourning process.  Do only the rich or popular deserve grief?  These people are proud and hardworking.  It must be very hurtful to see their loved one disregarded in such a fashion.  The display at the accident site just bears this out.  Poor JJ - almost nothing on his side of the road.  Yet on the other side it's a totally different story.  Does JJ not deserve to be remembered or recognized?  All three young men were members of the community, but the disparity in the display says otherwise.  What a sorry indictment of society in this county.

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 06:15:55 AM »
Jesus Christ Maynard! LET IT GO! Let the families grieve. You are not up to date. I for one am and I KNOW the circumstances and I will not say anything more than YES it was a tragic accident and nitro was involved and speed was way out of hand. RIP and may peace be with the families
FOUND the ignore button. Ha Ha

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 07:35:12 AM »
I wasn't at the accident scene, but maybe the activity was on the side of the #1 vehicle because one passenger in that car was still alive at the scene and it was obvious that no one was still alive in vehicle #2.  I think it is terrible that a person can be alive one minute/second and because of someone else's poor judgement the next minute/second their life on earth is over in a fiery crash. 

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 08:06:54 AM »
Can you imagine how many would like to go back in time. Maybe not have pulled that trigger, swung that board,poked that knife. It cant be undone. Life just goes on and it will never be the same and the pain dulls after a while but the thoughts and memories are forver.Enjoy life while youre here. Go fishing! Float a river. Tell your significant other I love you. Maybe just MAYBE this can open the eyes of the many and they can learn and think before they act. Lets hope its not in vain.
FOUND the ignore button. Ha Ha

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 09:26:10 AM »
I wasn't at the accident scene, but maybe the activity was on the side of the #1 vehicle because one passenger in that car was still alive at the scene and it was obvious that no one was still alive in vehicle #2.  I think it is terrible that a person can be alive one minute/second and because of someone else's poor judgement the next minute/second their life on earth is over in a fiery crash. 

I could be wrong, but I believe they were referring to the amount of memorial items that mourners are putting alongside the road...
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »
I think you are right littlebit.  I misread that statement.  I'm sure it is family members and friends putting things on one side or the other.  KC if you are a friend of the family go out and put something there in memory of JJ and tell his other family members and friends to do the same.  YOu can't blame people for wanting to pay tribute to their family member, no matter if they were to blame or not, they were loved by those people.

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 07:56:11 PM »
It is TRAGIC that all these lives were taken in this accident. HOWEVER, I know from seeing others and family members who have lost loved ones and I DO NOT CARE WHO YOU ARE!!!....you ARE going to blame the one responsible. Kids nowadays do not care and take no responsibility. Neither do drunks! They drive reckless, text on their cell phones whatever!
If racing fuel and high speeds were to blame and I have NO clue but from what I am reading...then that was and is lack of responsibility and he knowingly got into that vechicle and drove it on a public road and therefore used it as a weapon in the death of the others involved. End of story!
Had I have been on that road with my grandson in my car and we were hit and him killed in the process I would pray for the soul of the one who done it cause I would be after them with a vengence and make sure they lived the rest of their lives with it! you ALL know very well that you would feel the same way!! Accidents HAPPEN! YES THEY DO....but to be neglegent, careless and irresponsible is NOT AN ACCIDENT. I drive as safe and responsible as I can when I am in my car mostly looking out for the other person and I dont know how many times I have almost gotten hit from another car because they were on a cell phone texting and you could see they were, or whatever else they were doing. In a split second it can happen but to be so irresponsible and because of your name or who you are or the fact they died does not excuse the truth of what happened!! Just like the drunk man who hit the coach/teacher on the bike...since no one really KNEW his name he got reemed just like he should have for doing what he did and being so irresponsible! The "person" to blame was told so and even in court he was told so! Because he wasnt killed? Had he have been killed would you have felt differently for his lack of judgement for being drunk for the hundreth time only this time he killed a well known individual? Seriously! Whats right is right and whats wrong is wrong doesnt matter who you are.
Sorry for ALL families involved and my heart and prayers go out to them for I know any loss is hard no matter who is at fault! I feel for them and their losses.
But, stop sugar coating folks! Just be real!  If your going to talk about it, talk about it. Otherwise leave it alone. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Regardless... It is what it is. I am so sick of reading posts where you know people want to say something but they beat around the bush about it. It is what it is no matter what. Best you can do IS TALK ABOUT IT AND THE TRUTH AND PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING AGAIN. TEACH AND LEARN FROM IT. Only good thing that can come out of ANY tragedy.  (off my rant)
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!