Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Highway Patrol kill wanted man in Pulaski County.  (Read 5080 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Highway Patrol kill wanted man in Pulaski County.
« on: November 21, 2011, 03:15:57 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

It has been reported that two state patrol shot and killed a wanted fugitive on highway W yesterday.  I have heard it was in a different location near exit 150 on I-44 west of there on a gravel road. He was wanted in Texas county and this was part of a man hunt. We are waiting for the highway patrol to release further information. Here is a picture from the scene. All information in this article has not been confirmed..

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: Highway Patrol kill wanted man in Pulaski County.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 04:45:56 PM »
Wonder why KY# is calling him a "victim?"  Subject of a manhut.  Possibly armed and dangerous.

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 05:00:09 PM »
Wonder why KY# is calling him a "victim?"  Subject of a manhut.  Possibly armed and dangerous.
although he is a suspect...or wanted man.  If they killed him he is a victim by definition.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 05:09:20 PM »
Pen pal of Neldon Neil (Nuff said?) State Patrol had been looking for him for week.  Heard he had rammed a state patrol car in Texas County..

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 05:13:18 PM »
Since we have no facts, I will wait.  If he rammed a patrol car, that is deadly force.  He is no longer a vicitm

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 05:27:11 PM »
He also came 3 feet from hitting another guy moments before he was shot, ramed a fence and a dumpster trying to flee..

Since we have no facts, I will wait.  If he rammed a patrol car, that is deadly force.  He is no longer a vicitm

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 05:49:05 PM »
still a victim...a well deserving one...but a victim none the less.  I would have to say he will hols more than one title for report purposes....victim...suspect...assailant...(insert as names as needed)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 06:05:27 PM »
Ok.  A victim of his own foolishness and stupidity.  use of a car as a weapon is the same as if he opened fire on the MSHP.  He is not a victim of anyting else.  Tired of the downstream media acting as if these perps who use deadly force are "victims."

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 06:14:03 PM »
Ok.  A victim of his own foolishness and stupidity.  use of a car as a weapon is the same as if he opened fire on the MSHP.  He is not a victim of anyting else.  Tired of the downstream media acting as if these perps who use deadly force are "victims."
I concur.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 06:42:00 PM »
JB made a brief mention of this in his column but said he was letting the MSHP handle the press.  Guess we know why now.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »
JB made a brief mention of this in his column but said he was letting the MSHP handle the press.  Guess we know why now.

That's what I was about to say. He said he was wanted in Texas county.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline scoobydoo84

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 07:00:27 PM »
http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=558277

(Richland, MO) -- The Missouri Highway Patrol releases details about the fatal shooting of a man from Licking, MO in Pulaski County Sunday.

Patrol Troop I spokesman Sgt. Dan Crane tells KOLR10 News Darryl Eye, 49, of Licking, was shot and killed by a trooper after pulling a gun.

Crane says the incident actually started Saturday with a car chase involving Eye, who was wanted on charges of tampering and resisting arrest.  A trooper's car was hit during the chase and Eye got away.

Sunday, the Patrol got a tip that Eye was hiding out on Randolph Road near the 151 mile marker of I-44 near Richland, Crane said. 

According to Crane, when the trooper approached Eye, he pulled a gun.  The trooper reported he believe he heard shots fired. He returned fired at Eye, hitting and killing him.

Crane says Eye had a criminal history of mostly minor traffic infractions and drug possession.

A formal investigation into the shooting is underway.  The trooper who fired the shots is on administrative leave. 

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 07:39:06 PM »
Praying for the family and for the trooper. Part of the job or not, warranted or not, it can't be easy to have to make that decision and then act on it. 

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 07:51:19 PM »
Release.

Officer-Involved Shooting In Pulaski County

MISSOURI STATE HIGHWAY PATROL
a division of the
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY

Troop I Headquarters, P.O. Box 128, Rolla, Mo 65402

News Release

For further information please contact: Sergeant Dan Crain
573-368-2345
November 20, 2011
I11B11

EMPHASIS: Officer-Involved Shooting In Pulaski County

On November 19, 2011, a Missouri State Highway Patrol trooper attempted to stop a stolen 2004 Chevrolet pickup in Texas County, which was believed to be operated by suspected fugitive Darryl L. Eye, 49, of Licking, MO. Felony warrants for tampering first degree and resisting arrest had been issued for Eye by Laclede County. Misdemeanor warrants for possession of marijuana and no valid driver's license had been issued for Eye by Dallas County. Eye also was suspected of stealing a 2000 Kia on November 11, 2011. Eye refused to stop for the officer and a pursuit ensued, which went from Texas County into Dent County on Missouri Route 32. During that pursuit, Eye caused his vehicle to strike the front of the trooperís cruiser, disabling the patrol vehicle. Eye continued and was not located that night.
At approximately noon, November 20, 2011, information was developed indicating that Eye was possibly on or near a county road, north of Interstate 44, in western Pulaski County. Approximately 30 minutes later, troopers located the stolen Chevrolet pickup, occupied by a white male, which they believed to be Eye, backed into a wooded area off Randolph Road, approximately one mile west of Missouri Route 7. When troopers ordered the suspect to show his hands he refused to comply. He then accelerated and steered his vehicle toward the officers. In response, the troopers fired at the suspect with their Patrol issued rifles. The suspect then drove west on Randolph Road, while being pursued by officers, until the vehicle traveled off the left side of the road and stopped. At that time, the trooper observed the suspect moving around in his vehicle and brandishing a firearm. The trooper responded by firing his Patrol-issued rifle at the suspect.
The suspect, who was wounded fatally, was identified as Darryl L. Eye. It was discovered that Eye had in his possession a hand gun, containing spent shell casings.
On November 21, 2011, an autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death. The investigation of the shooting is ongoing by the Missouri State Highway Patrolís Division of Drug and Crime Control.

(###)

http://notes.mshp.dps.mo.gov/si01/si01p001.nsf/9300de8f24f618a68625729800536892/a90ee6148cb8480d8625794f00696db8?OpenDocument

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »
Officer-Involved Shooting In Pulaski County

On November 19, 2011, a Missouri State Highway Patrol trooper attempted to stop a stolen 2004 Chevrolet pickup in Texas County, which was believed to be operated by suspected fugitive Darryl L. Eye, 49, of Licking, MO. Felony warrants for tampering first degree and resisting arrest had been issued for Eye by Laclede County. Misdemeanor warrants for possession of marijuana and no valid driver's license had been issued for Eye by Dallas County. Eye also was suspected of stealing a 2000 Kia on November 11, 2011. Eye refused to stop for the officer and a pursuit ensued, which went from Texas County into Dent County on Missouri Route 32. During that pursuit, Eye caused his vehicle to strike the front of the trooperís cruiser, disabling the patrol vehicle. Eye continued and was not located that night.
At approximately noon, November 20, 2011, information was developed indicating that Eye was possibly on or near a county road, north of Interstate 44, in western Pulaski County. Approximately 30 minutes later, troopers located the stolen Chevrolet pickup, occupied by a white male, which they believed to be Eye, backed into a wooded area off Randolph Road, approximately one mile west of Missouri Route 7. When troopers ordered the suspect to show his hands he refused to comply. He then accelerated and steered his vehicle toward the officers. In response, the troopers fired at the suspect with their Patrol issued rifles. The suspect then drove west on Randolph Road, while being pursued by officers, until the vehicle traveled off the left side of the road and stopped. At that time, the trooper observed the suspect moving around in his vehicle and brandishing a firearm. The trooper responded by firing his Patrol-issued rifle at the suspect.
The suspect, who was wounded fatally, was identified as Darryl L. Eye. It was discovered that Eye had in his possession a hand gun, containing spent shell casings.
On November 21, 2011, an autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death. The investigation of the shooting is ongoing by the Missouri State Highway Patrolís Division of Drug and Crime Control.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 10:48:24 PM »

Doesn't the first sentence answer what the cause of death was??
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 10:54:40 PM »

Doesn't the first sentence answer what the cause of death was??
but not who pulled the trigger

John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 11:04:13 PM »
Just heard the story again on KY3, they are reporting that the second time the deputy had to fire he was fatally wounded. Also the deputy that fired the shot is on administrative leave , which is standard policy.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 12:20:52 AM »
Just heard the story again on KY3, they are reporting that the second time the deputy had to fire he was fatally wounded. Also the deputy that fired the shot is on administrative leave , which is standard policy.
Deputy??
don't you mean MSHP__Highway Patrolman?
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 12:23:20 AM »
Deputy??
don't you mean MSHP__Highway Patrolman?
Yes, sorry. lol

Offline fireman_jeff

• Common sense isn't so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 12:28:05 AM »
I hate the part that we have to pay for the autopsy. I agree, the cause of death is known. A gun shot.
1*

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 12:38:16 AM »
I hate the part that we have to pay for the autopsy. I agree, the cause of death is known. A gun shot.
They have to match the bullet to the Troopers weapon.
Why you ask? Because It could be self inflicted.
You never know, and all deaths with an Officer involved have to be autopsied.
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 12:42:21 AM »
Also just think of all the money that was saved on a trial.
The state saved a bundle on that............. :wink1a:   :wink1a:

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 01:00:18 AM »

Not a deputy. I was the only PCSD close to the shooting and I was about three minutes to late on arrival time.

JB

Offline FordGuyu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 03:10:15 AM »
I feel bad for the guy who had to pull the trigger. I hope they don't release that trooper's name... he was just doing what he had to do.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 03:55:39 AM »
Praying for the family and for the trooper. Part of the job or not, warranted or not, it can't be easy to have to make that decision and then act on it. 

I was with them all day yesterday and no it's not easy. God bless them, it's not easy being a cops wife...
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that