Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Thoughts about Heaven's View "Christian" Boarding Accademy??  (Read 21593 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
Re: Thoughts about Heaven's View "Christian" Boarding Accademy??
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 02:29:19 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

a warm falstaff? that should be punishment enough!! the difference he had a parent that would not bow to some unqualified &^%$#, that thought they knew what was best,according to the state. some kids do need the outside help those places offer. It is a shame , but a fact of today's life. I think the ritalin,prozac and drugging instead of parenting has a lot to do with kids problems.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 02:32:47 AM »
Agreed. Seems to me the only proof of wrong doing is on the acuser here.
Zilphah/Capone_fan/gudiarani/ and Nefertiti spends entirely to much time reading Al Copone stories and searching for ghost.
 She is a young woman of 31 years of age and surely can find better things to do.
 Yeah Right I'm one to talk I spend all my time on the internet and going to the Beach.
 But that's the price you pay living in paradise :th_thwhistling: ;D :poke:

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 02:43:08 AM »
A Degree does not make you smart, Common sence is the best thing a person can have.

I know a lot of people that have degrees hanging all over their walls and the don't have one lick of common sence.

In others words they have no more brains than a red worm and try to put 5 gallons of gas in a 1 gallon can.
Kinda like Democrats huh? ;D   :th_gen129:   (((**&^^%
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 02:56:59 AM »
  common "sense", maynard

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 03:08:52 AM »
Oh i see what you meant, wasn't reading it right.  You are right about that.  I feel bad for kids who live in two seperate households where rules in one house are different than rules in the other house.  Never knowing where you belong.  Usually there are other kids at one home or the other that get to stay in one place and that doesn't seem fair either. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we could all stay with the person we started out with and made children with.  Just doesn't always work out that way.  As with many things on this board the world would be perfect if only........
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2009, 03:13:21 AM »
  common "sense", maynard
I always have trouble with that word............ Now I have to put you on my list. *****
Believe it or not i spelled it that way first but it just didn't look right.
It all come down to this word........ cents now does that make sense? ***(((*

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2009, 03:16:07 AM »
  common "sense", maynard
I guess i have to give you reps for catching my screw up ;D
Now watch your back ((*(*&

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2009, 04:04:03 AM »
Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we could all stay with the person we started out with and made children with.  Just doesn't always work out that way.  As with many things on this board the world would be perfect if only........
Only if it was another person I had the kids with! lol  ;D   We all have our little rosey glasses... the "if only's"......ahhhhh, happy place!
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline KRsGMa

• Hmmmmmnnnn.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2009, 04:14:22 AM »
I agree, if I had done that I wouldn't have the "perfect husband" that I have now..would not change any thing.

Offline mommy-4

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2009, 04:22:08 AM »
I agree totally.  From my experience with my 4 kids and me raising them by myself-I seem to let things slide alot-just because I have 2-4 kids trying to talk to me at once.  And my kids got way out of control!  Now we have a chore chart and they know excatly what I expect of them and it isn't perfect yet (probably never will be...lol), but they respect me ALOT more and know how to follow directions they first time or they get disiplined, and that depends on what they have done.  But I have had to learn that I HAVE to be consistant or they run over me.  It is very frustrating sometimes, because it is much easier to just give in.

Only one of my kids sees their dad, and yes evrytime she comes back she seems to have forgotten my rules and tells me that her dad lets her do this and that.  So it is better for the child to have a 2 parent home and not weekend visits-but that is not always possible.  And it does make it hard for the parent who is trying.

Offline KRsGMa

• Hmmmmmnnnn.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2009, 04:30:32 AM »
I'm so glad that I don't have to go through any of that...weekend visits I mean...just another reason that makes me know that I have the perfect situation with my family. Mutual respect does go a long way....with teenagers, at least in our house it seems to be a lot of give and take...

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 04:51:12 PM »
Maynard,
 it all "comes" down to this word, or it all "came" down to this word. now see what you started??

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 05:05:49 PM »
Maynard,
 it all "comes" down to this word, or it all "came" down to this word. now see what you started??
&&*&^ You were on the bottom of my list but now you heading to the top 'FAST' :poke:   ;D   ;D   ;D   ((*(*&

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 04:03:59 AM »
I let a few slide on other topics. I won't say where. I don't want to move up the list too fast.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2009, 01:58:56 PM »
I've seen so many families that the children lived in two separate homes.  I just can't imagine how difficult it has to be for all involved, especially the children!  Though my 'X' was there (ah, somewhat), I was the disciplinarian, educator, Doctor, Nurse, Mommy, Daddy, etc.  When Dad wasn't there, it was no big deal, just more room on the sofa!  ;D
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline P4jamap4rty

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2009, 04:18:48 AM »
Zilphah, what is your first name if I may ask?
Is it Meggan?

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2009, 12:41:26 AM »
"What is your first name" is not the kind of question we ask on Pulaski County Web.

Offline imnightrain

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2014, 04:53:29 AM »

I went to Heaven's View about 12 years ago. My aunt was a once a month volunteer, and told my mom about it. I wanted to get away from home because of issues and my mom took me down there to see what I thought. I was lied to and told that the girls have a blast "oh they were just having a snow fight the other day." They made it sound so wonderful. I agreed to go and soon later, I "moved in."
   My first night was spent on a couch in the same room used for counseling. I was not given a bed. The next day I was given a white shirt (orientation level), and put in the big room with all the other girls. I went to sit on the couch to watch some tv and the girls looked at me funny. I soon found out that while in orientation, you are not allowed to associate with other girls. You are forced to sit at a cubicle all day by yourself. You can't even eat at the table with the other girls. You're basically immediately put in isolation. For 21 days.
   It turns out all the fun things they offer is only for high level girls.. and it takes months to earn it and one can only hope to reach that level after months of infuriation for the way staff treats you for starting at a low level. The highest I reached was level one in 8 months.
   The curriculum you use is decent.. but if you didn't know the answers to your test, don't worry, a certain staff member was willing to whisper all the answers to you to help you pass. We later found out why he was so nice, always sneaking in candy bars to us. He was having sex with multiple teenagers in the facility. To reward them he would sneak in cigarettes for them to smoke in the bathroom after bedtime.
   If you need to use the restroom within the first thirty minutes after eating, too bad. They assume you will want to throw up your food. ??? Also, if you need a pad while on your period, they aren't placed discreetly in the bathrooms. You must ask a staff member for one (who is usually male), and he unwraps it in front of everyone and puts your initials on it before you use it.
   You can't get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom because the motion sensors will go off. There's always someone that sleeps upstairs to supervise, but we are still not permitted to use the restroom.
   You are allowed to see family members only once every three months. Phone calls are short and only once a week and they make a transcript of all that you say. There is no privacy to warn your parents what really goes on there. And when you do tell them during your first 3 month visit while in tears and begging to go home, the staff points out that you're obviously a troubled child and just trying to manipulate your way into going home. We're just making stuff up.
   One male staff member was retired military and forced military lifestyle on people. Once I had a punishment of 1 push up and it took me 30 minutes to do one that met his standards. This is also the same man that twisted my friends arm behind her back for back talking. He is also the one that flipped a girl out of the top bunk bed.
   I remember that night all too well. The girls had had enough. For a whole night, the girls took over and trashed the place. Broke the security cameras, mirrors, and a good friend of mine that is normally calm (which I still speak to this day), even got on a staff member and hit her. We were tired of being abused. And what happened to that normally calm, laid back girl? She was placed in a dark room for days until her parents came. Hardly fed and lucky to be able to use a restroom.
   Soon after this incident my mother came for a visit .. I was able to go home for the weekend. I packed light because I didn't want to haul much but soon after we left she asked "Do you want to go back?" I said "No." She said "Then you don't have to." I left a lot of important things behind but I guess it was worth it to get out of there.
   Many girls were fortunate enough to leave after this incident. Staff was required to alert the parents so they knew what happened. I remember one mother coming in and demanding her daughter, and we watched them walk hand in hand down the hill and we were left wondering when our turn would come.
   For a few years after that my mom would hope "Maybe one day you'll appreciate going" Well it's been 12 years and I wouldn't send a dog there. There's probably so much more I could add, but I have blocked most of it out.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2014, 07:51:23 PM »
That sounds horrible...
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »
It's been closed for a couple years.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline 1neidaz_lilgrl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2014, 07:02:42 AM »
 ***(((*Since it is my first name that is in question i shall speak for myself, P4pajamap4rty if you will pm me i will answer you. and for the poster who wrote her experiance as a resident everythhing ahe said is true abd its only obe story of many. look up HV on wikipedia because that's also written by a former resident.  Igahma do you personally know they sauces stories that didn't come out more messed than they went in...? just because you know Judi? nit to say ofcourse that there are NONE but i cann assure you that the number of success stories is Farr outweigh ed by the number of ladies who left emotionally scarred by the treatment they recieved. when i posted this i was telling the full truth and isee   that a former resident has posted her account. i cainly hope noone on here would call hr a liar on top of the abuse she experianced. HV has been closed for some time now and that was a positive thing for those whwere still there after i was gone. I do find it interesting how easy some people who never worked there or lived there as residents find it to pass false judgement based on misplaced good faith.

Offline 1neidaz_lilgrl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2014, 07:04:22 AM »
Success. stories* hahaha not sauces. derrr lol

Offline 1neidaz_lilgrl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2014, 07:09:58 AM »
And please. excuse my typos I'm on my phone with itty bitty letters on a touch. screen and it makes it hard to hit the right letters and when i went back to edit it i made it worse because the cursor kept jumping around....but you get the gist

Offline 1neidaz_lilgrl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2014, 07:12:32 AM »
Rest assured, only those who lived there and worked there have the correct version of the facts.

Offline 1neidaz_lilgrl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2014, 07:33:03 AM »
Its opened back up now but not as HV. And Maynard you don't know as much about me as you'd like to pretend you do...if you did that'd be called stalking lol Anyway i heard there were some other posts on this thing so i figured i would say my peace. now that is that. Everyone have a great Christmas.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2014, 01:34:22 PM »
Its opened back up now but not as HV. And Maynard you don't know as much about me as you'd like to pretend you do...if you did that'd be called stalking lol Anyway i heard there were some other posts on this thing so i figured i would say my peace. now that is that. Everyone have a great Christmas.

Maynard has not been with us for quite some time. May he rest in peace....

I also wonder if this is also why Grace Covenant closed/changed their name.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”