Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: The Cave  (Read 18908 times)

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cave
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2009, 01:59:39 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I send people there every week. They are here a few days and want somewhere cool to go eat so i send them down the road. They all love it. They love the food and the experience they get. Im glad Gary bought it and got it goin in the right direction finally. They are even starting to open up some of the cabins to rent.(i dont send them there for that though. my bosses might get a little mad)

Offline FLWArmyWife2009

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 03:56:47 PM »
We ate at the Cave, last night.  Overall it was a disappointing experience.  We got there at about 6:40.  Our food wasn't served to us until about 8:15.  We waited over 20 minutes just for someone to take our drink order and then about another 15 minutes to get the drinks.  Then we ordered bread for an appetizer and never received it.  We would ask for drink refills and never get them.  Then when our food was finally delivered, one person in our groups' food wasn't ready yet.  The waitress said it was supposed to be ready in about a minute.  About 15 minutes later, after everyone else was almost finished eating the food was finally delivered and a baked potato had been ordered with this plate and wasn't received.  The food was disappointing, as well.  It was very pricey and too much for what we got.  The only good thing I have to say is that the atmosphere was cool!

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 01:46:10 PM »
now you know where they got the phrase a "hole in the wall".

Offline knpeterson

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 07:31:10 PM »
We have eaten at the cave about five times since new owners took over and it is MUCH better than it was when Dave had it.  We live a 1/2 mile away from it and only ate there once when Dave ran it.  Just like any business there are some kinks to work out when you are new.  We had a bad experience waiting for food when they first opened.  I have learned that a LOT has to do with your server at the cave.  We have had one server a couple of times and if breathing didn't come natural she would be dead.  She was the worst!  AND she is still working there.  We almost didn't go back after the first time but I figured out it wasn't Gary's fault, it was hers.  We got her the third time we went back and we ended up with our apps, salad, and entree sitting in front of us at the same time.  Why she is working there still I do not know.  She actually used to work for Dave at one time and he fired her for poor service.  If you go eat there, ask for a server named Debbie...she is wonderful and funny!  We ask for her section now when we go.  BTW he does not have the same menu as he did at Dowd's.  Some contract thing says he cannot serve catfish for a year. I look forward to the time when he gets to make his awesome catfish again!   I always get the clamstrips.  Very good!  We always end up leaving with a to go box.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Human natural selection= just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 07:47:22 PM »
Did you point out to Gary what a bad waitress she is?  If not she will still be working there next time you go.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline knpeterson

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 07:58:15 PM »
I probably should have.  I'm going again this weekend with my parents, I may point that out to him then.  BTW, they have a revised holiday menu.  I don't really like it much.  They have a big holiday feast option or a parred down menu.  My clam strips are not on there  :crying:
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Human natural selection= just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Offline sapperwife1976

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2009, 02:18:08 AM »
My husband and I ate there a few months ago and we liked it.  Our bill wasn't very much at all, but we didn't order shrimp and steak so it was very affordable.  I had chicken and it was great.  A lot of food for not a lot of money. The service was great, we didn't wait long for anything.  I believe we went during the week, not at a busy time but we loved the atmosphere and would go back.
If it has tires or testicles, it's gonna give you trouble. *anonymous*

Offline GreekMeadow

• WHATEVER!!
    • View Profile
CAVE
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 03:07:56 AM »
Has anybody been to the Cave Resturant lately?  Hows it been?  Has it improved from what it used to be?  My sister has been talking about giving it another try. 
Revenge is such a pretty thing and the good always wins in the end!!

When I die, bury me upside down so the whole world can KISS MY ASS!

gloom despair & agony on me~deep dark depression excessive misery~~~ohhhh~~~*If It Weren't 4 Bad Luck I'd Have No Luck At All*gloom despair & agony on meeeeeE!

********************NASCAR RULES********************

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
Re: CAVE
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 03:30:01 AM »
Has anybody been to the Cave Resturant lately?  Hows it been?  Has it improved from what it used to be?  My sister has been talking about giving it another try. 
I wonder if it is handicap assessable?
We don't do stairs. :(
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 03:59:08 AM »
I wonder if it is handicap assessable?
We don't do stairs. :(

They have an elevator.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 04:09:29 AM »
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline SC Susie

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2011, 01:51:28 PM »
When he went about 6 mnths ago, my bro-in-law, who is in a wheelchair, was allowed to drive his truck up to the restaurant, then transfer into his chair and use the elevator.....worked out great - only bad part was seating choices were a little limited due to the bi -leveled dining area - but the servers bent over backwards to put together a table large enough for our party on the higher level. (someone  drove his truck back down to the parking area and brought it back up after dinner). I dont know if the restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
Who kept the faith and fought the fight;
The glory theirs, the duty ours.
~Wallace Bruce

Offline medicm

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2011, 04:52:08 AM »
We brought some family, including my elderly grandfather there in November.  From the mouth of the owner, their elevator didn't pass inspection, and has been closed for public use. If you want to eat there, you have to climb about a 2-storey spiral staircase (their fire-escape).  Apparently it's going to cost at least $100K to replace the elevator, so it may not be in operation for a while.  The food is WONDERFUL, and the service is great if you do decide to go. I suggest calling beforehand to see what the elevator situation is if you want to bring kiddos, older adults, and others who may have issues climbing!

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2011, 04:03:11 AM »
We chose to eat here tonight for Mothers Day, I was a little hesitant due to the fact of all the bad reviews from other sites, but I'm very glad we went! When we arrived we didn't even wait 5 minutes before the van was there to take us up to the restaurant. On the ride up he told us the history if the cave and the all the things in the area. We took the elevator(which seems to be very updated from what it was back in the day) up to the restaurant, the whole staff was very polite. One thing that bothered me, they had a different menu for Mothers Day that had about 10 selections for dinner, we were told we could not order off the regular menu... Which makes no sence to me! Luckily the Ribeye was on the "Mothers Day Selection" I ordered it med rare... And it came out perfect! Was suppose to be 12oz but I'm for sure it was about 16, I took half home!!!! My fiancé had the BBQ platter (what he always got at Dowds in Lebanon) There were 4 of us and the total came to 89$.... It was worth it... Gary was walking around making sure everything was good.  My fiancé did did mention the restrooms were not very modernized.... And the land around the cave needs a little work... But all in all I give the experience a 8 out of 10. I definitely think people should give it a try... It's open 7days a week 11-8, is what the sign said.
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2011, 11:40:28 AM »
OH!  THE ELEVATOR IS FIXED!!!!  That is great!  When we were there last they were working on it.  Were the little shops open for Mother's Day?
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2011, 03:42:03 PM »
Yes they were all open... Our 5th old was more intrested in the candy store! Lol
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2011, 12:53:04 PM »
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2011, 04:40:14 PM »
We just went there last night. It was busy and I don't think they expected it to be because it was so understaffed. The food was good but the service was frazzled and overworked. The old owners didn't want anyone walking around on the property which always seemed strange to me, but I think the shuttle should be something you have to take to the top. We waited in the small line for the shuttle and in the meantime 3 very large groups walked and got in front of us, even though we were actually there 20 minutes before them. It was pretty frustrating.