Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: The Hub  (Read 24313 times)

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
Re: The Hub
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2008, 06:00:16 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

We ate there this past week for the first time. We all had the seafood platter - wow - talk about a lot of food! Three of us could have eaten on one platter, but we had lots for the next day. It was my birthday so I got the cheesecake too. The price was too much for my pocketbook, but it was a birthday gift so I didn't have to worry about that. We also had the escargot - it was covered in garlic, butter and mushrooms so I have no idea what it really tasted like. We just ordered it so we could say we have eaten it. Over all, great food and service (we ate in the bar, there was a private party on the other side).
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2008, 06:14:47 PM »
What does escargo taste like?  I started to get it one evening, but didn't.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2008, 06:53:29 PM »
tastes like 'SmileyCentral.com border=0'  ::D:
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 04:36:21 AM »
Naw --- Tastes like chicken

(but seriously) that is what someone told me.  I have never had them.    But consider what they eat afterall . . .
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 12:41:11 PM »
they tasted like garlic and butter to me.....which would lead me to believe they may not taste very good

Offline r_ray_mc

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2010, 09:45:06 AM »
went to hub to eat herd all about it took the family salad was brown the rolls were so hard they would break the floor its noth worth it wont go again

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2010, 01:32:46 PM »
I know what you mean.  I personally think it is one of the worst places to eat around here.
There is NEVER a right way to do the wrong thing!

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2010, 03:26:23 PM »
went to hub to eat herd all about it took the family salad was brown the rolls were so hard they would break the floor its noth worth it wont go again
The hard "rolls" are brochen, german bread, suppose to be hard on the outside, soft on the inside.  Many of us eat brochen with butter, as a "nosh"-snack.  Like many italian breads/rolls, that is how it's suppose to be.  Had I gone there and the brochen was "soft" on the outside, I would have complained!

I'm surprised to hear the salad was not up to par.....  All you would have had to do was tell your waiter/waitress and they would have taken it back, actually shouldn't have served it.  The final inspection of the food, is a matter for the server. 

Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »
I have never been dissappointed at the hub. they have a cake( I won't say which) my wife has to make sure she is sitting down when she eats it. something about women and chocolate.

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2010, 04:44:27 PM »
The last time I ate there I was order schnitzel and I was brought a piece of meat that was almost burnt on the outside and raw on the inside. They did take the meat back and brought me the same piece of meat back. It was HORRIBLE!!!!!  I will never eat there and again and I would not recommend eating there to anyone.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2010, 04:48:14 PM »
For those that like this kind of food, here is a great one to try in Jefferson City if you are up there, behind the Truman Hotel (old Ramada Inn).  Was a favorte hang out for Governor Carnahan, we at there many times (yes a Democrat Governor and Republican political worker at the time).  GREAT food.  http://www.dassteinhaus.com/

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2010, 05:45:05 PM »
I have never had a bad experience at the Hub, and I've been going there for years.  I do know that cooks can have "off days", it's very possible that's what happened, and I'm sorry you had the experience you did JuneBug67. 
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline cenwoman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2010, 01:02:18 AM »
I love the Hub. Been eating there for more than 25 years and will continue to so .

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2010, 01:52:02 AM »
I love the Hub, and only twice in twenty plus years has my food been over cooked, and my service has always been very good..
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2010, 07:08:08 AM »
The hub is one of the best places in town to eat. I have eaten there plenty of times in the ten years I have lived here, and I have never once had a bad experience with their food. The only complaints that are reasonable to me are the ones that people make about the food not being as good as authentic German food, and those aren't even that reasonable when you consider where we live.

P.S. If you say the food wasn't good at the Hub, then I say you are a liar. Good day, sir. I SAID, "GOOD DAY!!!"
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2010, 07:21:08 AM »
The hub is one of the best places in town to eat. I have eaten there plenty of times in the ten years I have lived here, and I have never once had a bad experience with their food. The only complaints that are reasonable to me are the ones that people make about the food not being as good as authentic German food, and those aren't even that reasonable when you consider where we live.

P.S. If you say the food wasn't good at the Hub, then I say you are a liar. Good day, sir. I SAID, "GOOD DAY!!!"

I totally agree....... ***(**&
Read my lips...I said.....
v
v
v
v
v
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKG07305CBs&feature=related

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 12:10:47 PM »
This conversation reminds me of the time someone I know went to an Italian restaurant and was unhappy that almost everything on the menu was pasta. (True story, BTW -- I broke out laughing until I realized they were serious.)

It's been a few years since I've eaten at the Hub since for me, upscale restaurants are "special occasion" things I do for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Things could have changed, and I do know a number of German military wives who don't like the Hub because they don't think it's authentic enough, but they believe it's the best German restaurant in the area. I do think the objections voiced here, especially about the rolls, may have more to do with people not liking German cooking styles than not liking the Hub.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2010, 12:29:54 PM »
Trust me Darrell I know about German rolls lived in Germany twice.  I have only been in this area for 7 years and raw on the inside and practally burnt on the outside, is pretty sick. I will say this was several years ago but enough for me not to go back.  I worry about getting sick because of food not prepared correctly. 

One last thought, I would hardly call the Hub "upscale".

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2010, 01:57:56 PM »
Fair point... if you've lived and eaten in Germany then you have an educated opinion; we simply disagree, or perhaps I was luckier in my visits to the Hub. I can say that I didn't have your bad experience and if I had been served undercooked food, I would have a similar opinion.

By "upscale" I mean around here something higher than Ryans or our other typical chain restaurants. Other than The Pointe, I'm not aware of any restaurants in this immediate area which serve the sort of food I would have called "upscale" in other communities where I lived, and The Pointe markets their food and their window view rather than their internal decor and other amenities -- there simply isn't enough of a market around here to support a high-end restaurant like what I would have considered "upscale" in places like New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, or even in smaller cities like my hometown of Grand Rapids.

Trust me Darrell I know about German rolls lived in Germany twice.  I have only been in this area for 7 years and raw on the inside and practally burnt on the outside, is pretty sick. I will say this was several years ago but enough for me not to go back.  I worry about getting sick because of food not prepared correctly. 

One last thought, I would hardly call the Hub "upscale".
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline A_MARIE

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2010, 11:19:32 PM »
Terrible place to eat and terribly ran in my opinion new owners and that place would have alot of potential.

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2010, 03:10:00 AM »
new owners? Thats place has been there for 30 years ran by same family. . . New owners and it wouldn't even be the hub. . . I think Rita has done good job running the place.
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2010, 03:24:01 AM »
Maybe Rita would benefit from knowing that some people think her food is not good and have had bad experiences.  I've never eaten there, lived here since 1970 and never eaten at the hub.  I'm not a fan of German food with the exception of German potato salad.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2010, 03:59:53 AM »
I have ate there 5 or 6 times and will go back again...they have a large enough clientel i dont think they will have to worry about a few stray comments and believe it or not.....

I have overcooked a steak before!   **** happens

Offline dolphins29

• Proud momma
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »
We went to there last night and it was very very good. I'm not a big fan of german food but i love their cordon bleu and spatzel

Offline medicm

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2011, 06:27:19 PM »
It's been over a year since the last post... I haven't been to The Hub, but my family & I are debating on trying it. Does anyone have any recent opinions on it?  What would you suggest ordering? We've been trying to visit the "lesser knowns" in the county to see what it has to offer!

Offline Jen

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2011, 05:50:12 PM »
The Hub is still a wonderful place to eat. I have dined there for over 20 years and it's great. For those that have not gone in a few years you should go back. I remember about 3-4 years ago the food wasn't up to The Hub's standards during a few visits the schnitzel was burnt and the geman potato salad tasted scorched but it didn't take long for the kitchen to be back on track and up to their standards they have always set. I highly recommend the Hub to all that ask.