Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Colton's Steakhouse  (Read 8862 times)

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Colton's Steakhouse
« on: August 17, 2011, 06:07:45 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Opening soon in the old Bel Air Trailer Court / NAPA Auto Parts store area.

I have been to other Colton's Steakhouses, and for the most part have had decent meals. Let's hope this one is as good or better!
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
Re: Colton's Steakhouse
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:25:02 PM »
I don't think it is going to be as big as the one in rolla, the layout looks to be allot smaller.

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »
Correction: Old Bel-Air Trailer Court.......Tulane is by Taco Bell.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 01:37:17 AM »
Thanks Ed!
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline fumbled

• KC Chiefs Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 01:57:08 AM »
Opening soon in the old Bel Air Trailer Court / NAPA Auto Parts store area.

I have been to other Colton's Steakhouses, and for the most part have had decent meals. Let's hope this one is as good or better!

I am excited for the area to be getting a great restaurant, but on the other hand, I am disappointed that I cannot eat there. Being allergic to peanuts I cannot step foot in the place  %%$%$$#

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 02:29:49 AM »
I tried Coltons in Sedialia.  It was really good and i love the peanuts.  The only thing i didnt like about the bucket of peanuts was the bucket was half filled with sand, which made the peanuts shells dirty.  You would think that no matter where you go the food would all be the same quality.  But i have found out that is not the case, because depending on the quality of the work force so goes the quality of the food.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 07:36:59 AM »
Correction: Old Bel-Air Trailer Court.......Tulane is by Taco Bell.
Actually Ed he was right...Bel Aire was in the location next to Napa. Tulane is across the road and has been many years.
Biscuit

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »
Actually Ed he was right...Bel Aire was in the location next to Napa. Tulane is across the road and has been many years.
Right. That's what I tried to say. Coltons is located on the old Egan property, BelAir.
Tulane is on the west side of MO Ave, Bogad property.  But anyway, glad to have new businesses come to the area.

Offline ScarlettsMommy

• LOLOL!!11!1?!one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 11:56:10 PM »
It looks so small!! That can be all of it, can it??
I'm secretly frying your brain cells!

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 01:36:01 AM »
I thought Panera looked very small when they were building it too, but it is bigger than it looked when being built.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 03:53:38 PM »
I guess they must serve a larger menu than just steak.  I like the way my husband cooks steak on the grill the best and we just don't like to pay an arm and a leg for steak that might or might not be worth it.  But then again, isn't Ryan's a "steak house?"  That's really a stretch.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 11:46:51 PM »
There is steak, and then there is STEAK!!!!!  you decide

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 06:48:05 AM »
I guess they must serve a larger menu than just steak.  I like the way my husband cooks steak on the grill the best and we just don't like to pay an arm and a leg for steak that might or might not be worth it.  But then again, isn't Ryan's a "steak house?"  That's really a stretch.
I can agree with ya here, I can cook a steak, Bar none, better than any resturaunt, But Coltons has indeed impressed me. Their Sweet tea is the bomb and their side of mushrooms is awesome....Their Steak Melts in your mouth.........Im going by Rollas Franchise...So I hope this one holds the same quality.
Biscuit

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 11:54:15 AM »
I can agree with ya here, I can cook a steak, Bar none, better than any resturaunt, But Coltons has indeed impressed me. Their Sweet tea is the bomb and their side of mushrooms is awesome....Their Steak Melts in your mouth.........Im going by Rollas Franchise...So I hope this one holds the same quality.

It will all depend on the quality of the cook and the training provided. But i do hope it is as good as when i tried the one in sedialia.  Would lke to have a good place to go out to eat when i come down to pulaski county for visits

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 04:23:54 AM »
We went to the one in Rolla tonight.  I never ate so much in my life.  The onion stringy appetizer was very good.  I got some kind of chicken with bacon and some other stuff on top of it and a baked sweet potato.  Chicken was very good, couldn't eat all of it and the sweet potato was huge.  Hot rolls and sweet tea.  It was very good and I like the atmosphere.  I'm sure the one here will do great.  HOpe other restaurants can keep up.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 05:02:41 AM »
i enjoyed the atmosphere and the rolls and drink salad was ok and loved the boneless bbq wings but as for there t-bone steak have to say mine truly sucked no flavor at all was very very bland, my give the one they are putting in st robert a try but the 1 in rolla wont be going back to.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 06:41:10 AM »
i enjoyed the atmosphere and the rolls and drink salad was ok and loved the boneless bbq wings but as for there t-bone steak have to say mine truly sucked no flavor at all was very very bland, my give the one they are putting in st robert a try but the 1 in rolla wont be going back to.
Damn Girl How good a steak you expect....lol. I did have one bad one plum full of fat. Like any resturaunt some have a bad one slip by. Cant wait till this one opens.  I have never had a Steak as good as coltons. their service is bar none. Other than the one steak I got that was fatty Im a huge fan!!!!
Biscuit

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 11:15:31 AM »
Damn Girl How good a steak you expect....lol. I did have one bad one plum full of fat. Like any resturaunt some have a bad one slip by. Cant wait till this one opens.  I have never had a Steak as good as coltons. their service is bar none. Other than the one steak I got that was fatty Im a huge fan!!!!

lol for the price of it I expected 1 with flavor, I guess someone just forgot to season it up some and no I don't like alot of seasoning. My favorite place to get a steak is in Springfield at the Texas Roadhouse. To me a great steak has a good taste just the right thickness and as you can tell by when you have seen me I don't have upper teeth (To big for my mouth) and only have 6 bottom teeth, but I do wear them most of the time when I eat and if I can eat the steak without my teeth then that is a very good tender steak lol, but this steak I got at coltons i couldn't hardly chew it up with my teeth in, but I don't go to Rolla very often so maybe whoever was doing the cooking that day didn't know how to cook a steak.

Offline debhake

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »
Although they are not on the menu they have fried pickles that are great.  We have had them while traveling and in Rolla.  I assume they will have them here.  They are the sandwich sliced pickle fried.  Delicious!  We always get the steak and haven't had a bad one yet. 

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 01:08:39 PM »
so is the one is st robert open now? and if yes has anyone tried it?

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 01:26:09 PM »
I heard it is open
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 01:31:35 PM »
It opened yesterday to the public.  My friends daughter works there and they had a "friends and family" night on Sunday.  She said it was really nice inside and the food was excellent.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 12:26:40 AM »
My son started working there tuesday morning and pulled a double the first day.  He is excited about it.  He said it opened weds.  I wish i was coming back to pulaski county soon so i can try it out.  Could go for a good steak

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 02:14:15 AM »
I will have to give them a try when I come home.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 02:25:38 AM »
I will have to give them a try when I come home.
You may want to call and make your reservation now....from the number of cars in the parking lot the wait might be a few days :)

John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 02:41:20 AM »
Hope you come home soon littlebit, soon and safe.  Coltons will be busy for a while because it is new, almost all new places to eat are like that, nature of the business.  Continued high volumne of people will depend on how well the people that work there do there job and if they stay consistent with the quality of the food. 

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 03:32:46 AM »
Its so nice to have the option for a nice "Cheaper" Lunch.. I mean if ya wanted steak for lunch what were your options? Aussie Jacks and Pay an arm and a leg?
excited about COLTONS!