Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Why Breed when we can self replicate.  (Read 3547 times)

Offline ebilly99

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Why Breed when we can self replicate.
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:03:31 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Re: Why Breed when we can self replicate.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:33:47 PM »
Profound advances in the fields of molecular biology in recent years
have enabled the elucidation of cell structure and function in detail
previously unimaginable. The unexpected levels of complexity revealed at
the molecular level have further strained the concept of the random assembly
of a self-replicating system. At the same time, the recent discovery of fossil
algae and stromatolites (primitive colonies of cyanobacteria) from as early
as the Precambrian, have reduced the time for development of the first cell
as much as tenfold. Together with implications of this for the oxidative
state of the primitive atmosphere, these developments will force researchers
to rethink many fundamental ideas pertaining to current models of the origin
of life on Earth. The evidence for the nature of the primitive atmosphere is
examined and the possibility of ribonucleic acid (RNA) as the first selfreplicating
molecule is evaluated. The focus is then on DNA, proteins and
the first cells.    http://legacy-cdn-assets.answersingenesis.org/assets/pdf/tj/TJv10n3_origin_life.pdf
KEY POINTS
• The presumed rise of oxygen levels in a primitive
reducing atmosphere formerly attributed to the
evolution of photosynthesis can be explained by
oxygen-independent biological iron oxidation.
• Recent investigations indicate that the Earth’s
atmosphere was never as reducing as previously
thought.
• Recent discovery of fossil stromatolites and algae
from the Precambrian has reduced the time for
evolution of the first cell ten-fold.
• The atmosphere of 3.5 billion years ago could have
contained significant quantities of oxygen.
• Under oxidising conditions, the formation of organic
compounds and their polymerisation do not occur.
• Biological homochirality of sugars and amino acids
remains an enigma.
• Hypotheses of ribonucleic acids (RNAs) as the initial
self-replicating molecule have serious unresolved
difficulties.
• Extrapolating results of in vitro synthesis of purines
and pyrimidines should take into account that
biosynthesis utilises different reaction pathways.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 02:39:55 AM »
more atheist bs. no one has been able to create life the same way God has.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:49:06 AM »
more atheist bs. no one has been able to create life the same way God has.
No, you do not get to talk. I asked Mark to debate on this thread because he has asked a honestly good question, You assert things with no evidence and get upset and make stuff up. You will get no answers on this thread.

Mark, I do not want to tell you no on this, but I honestly only wanted to debate why we breed. The other stuff can go back to the other thread, but this one question was brilliant and I wanted to debate it. Is that ok?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 05:10:53 AM »
I don't get to talk? LOL LOL

Exploring the physiology of the human species is fascinating. however, science has not created a human from nothing. all the different hypothesis' are used to deny the fact God created us all.

The evidence God created us is plain for most to see. the fact that science has yet to replicate any of God's creations proves His existence everyday.

the atheist handbook is fantasy, the bible is fact!

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 02:09:29 PM »
No, you do not get to talk. I asked Mark to debate on this thread because he has asked a honestly good question, You assert things with no evidence and get upset and make stuff up. You will get no answers on this thread.

Mark, I do not want to tell you no on this, but I honestly only wanted to debate why we breed. The other stuff can go back to the other thread, but this one question was brilliant and I wanted to debate it. Is that ok?
That's fine, but before you start telling me about RNA I want you to read the latest scientific work on the subject... Hypotheses of ribonucleic acids (RNAs) as the initial
self-replicating molecule have serious unresolved
difficulties.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 02:47:14 PM »
 What did the first little a-sexual guy eat? Did lightning hit pond scum more than once? (Wait till I post the odds for this happening) Was it a girl the second time? (again the already IMPOSSIBLE odds go way up ) We all have to eat! That's why God put everything here at the same time. Read about "the food chain! And the trillion or so little guys that live on or in the human body to help us survive! Heck watch the Lion King! food chain  (fo̅o̅d)

The sequence of the transfer of food energy from one organism to another in an ecological community. A food chain begins with a producer, usually a green plant or alga that creates its own food through photosynthesis. In the typical predatory food chain, producers are eaten by primary consumers (herbivores) which are eaten by secondary consumers (carnivores), some of which may in turn be eaten by tertiary consumers (the top carnivore in the chain). ♦ Many species of animals in an ecological community feed on both plants and animals and thus play multiple roles in the chain. Parasites feed on living tissues, generally without killing their hosts, and may themselves be hosts to smaller parasites. In addition, organisms that die without being eaten are consumed by detritivores, some of which serve as prey for other consumers. The complex system of interrelated food chains in an environment is known as a food web.  See more at trophic level.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
What did the first little a-sexual guy eat? Did lightning hit pond scum more than once? (Wait till I post the odds for this happening)
What are the odds?                                           
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 04:12:18 PM »
What did the first little a-sexual guy eat?
Any simple compounds to begin with, It wouldn't be RNA that there would be any form of choice in what the molucules it would eat. Right now it was nothing more than a fat bubble. 
Did lightning hit pond scum more than once?
No not pond scum, we are talking about oceans, and there is a heck of a lot of oceans so it isn't odd that lightning would strike the ocean quite often.
(Wait till I post the odds for this happening) Was it a girl the second time? (again the already IMPOSSIBLE odds go way up ) We all have to eat!
Yes we do, but what we eat is the question. Again another great question, a little off topic but considering it has to due with dual-ality and the needs of more then on, I think it is worthy for a conversation.
That's why God put everything here at the same time. Read about "the food chain! And the trillion or so little guys that live on or in the human body to help us survive! Heck watch the Lion King! food chain  (fo̅o̅d)

The sequence of the transfer of food energy from one organism to another in an ecological community. A food chain begins with a producer, usually a green plant or alga that creates its own food through photosynthesis. In the typical predatory food chain, producers are eaten by primary consumers (herbivores) which are eaten by secondary consumers (carnivores), some of which may in turn be eaten by tertiary consumers (the top carnivore in the chain). ♦ Many species of animals in an ecological community feed on both plants and animals and thus play multiple roles in the chain. Parasites feed on living tissues, generally without killing their hosts, and may themselves be hosts to smaller parasites. In addition, organisms that die without being eaten are consumed by detritivores, some of which serve as prey for other consumers. The complex system of interrelated food chains in an environment is known as a food web.  See more at trophic level.
All good points, and we do need to get to this, as without these questions asked we can't even get to sex. However that said I feel that this is overwhelming to you and others if I try to answer all of this at once. Perhaps we can go point by point.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 04:55:16 PM »
All of this was in place when God finished creating the universe and all in it.

Trying to disect God's creations and apply man's terms to them is idiotic. Pick apart the creations all you want, but God gets the credit for what you are picking apart to exist to begin with!

Offline DollarBill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 05:27:13 PM »
Cause breedin's FUN!  Can I get an AMEN?

I'm old but not ded...  Dumb kids..

$Bill
I was alright . . .   I got over it.   
It takes 43 muscles to frown; 17 to Smile.
But Only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze....

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 05:59:52 PM »

$Bill
LOL
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 12:43:00 AM »
you betcha bill! Some things don't need explaining!

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 12:59:41 PM »
If I smash a bug on my window........How long will it take for life to come alive? ALL the elements for life will be within an inch of each other. And I will grab an extention cord to shock it twice a day. How long? By the way our food supplies have been sitting on our shelves for hundreds of years with all the elements for life in close proximity, and guess what NO NEW LIFE! You really BELIEVE that by random chance everything gathered in a "bubble" and lighting hit it?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 01:58:56 PM »
If I smash a bug on my window........How long will it take for life to come alive? ALL the elements for life will be within an inch of each other. And I will grab an extention cord to shock it twice a day. How long? By the way our food supplies have been sitting on our shelves for hundreds of years with all the elements for life in close proximity, and guess what NO NEW LIFE! You really BELIEVE that by random chance everything gathered in a "bubble" and lighting hit it?
Actually you want to get specific life is still there. Microbes quickly digest the cellular materials, bacteria and even fungi are already there so you never have a point where these is no life. However that said you are trying to argue that a cell like today could come from non living things. Mt Improbable has a much smother side on the back, come on over, the slant is so easy.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 02:02:49 PM »
I need to reign this in. We want to know why we breed. The most obvious answer is to share Genetic information and implant it in the next generation. Mutations that are maintained in a single strand of life can easily be lost... However are you asking how that evolved?

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 02:12:22 PM »
I need to reign this in. We want to know why we breed. The most obvious answer is to share Genetic information and implant it in the next generation. Mutations that are maintained in a single strand of life can easily be lost... However are you asking how that evolved?
Don't be confused. I'm not "asking" I know the answers long before I post questions on here. I just want to hear you TRY to explain these things in "scientific terms". Humor helps me get through the day :) How do we implant something in the next generation when there is only one of us? You know the first little guy that took the lighting strike? Spliting in half and having sex with yourself does not explain it!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 03:12:32 PM »
Don't be confused. I'm not "asking" I know the answers long before I post questions on here. I just want to hear you TRY to explain these things in "scientific terms". Humor helps me get through the day :) How do we implant something in the next generation when there is only one of us? You know the first little guy that took the lighting strike? Spliting in half and having sex with yourself does not explain it!
If you know everything than why are you arguing. Do you feel that you need to be right all the time. I have to study after good questions are asked. I know that may sound strange but I love to debate becuase I don't have all the answers but love to learn. That said most cells reproduce asexually by splitting in half, however some have shown the ability to reproduce sexually. http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/01/26/7508.aspx. There are signs pointing to sex being very early in life's history.

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 03:48:39 PM »
The first support for this idea of life arising out of the primordial soup came from the famous 1953 experiment by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey, in which they made amino acids—the building blocks of proteins—by applying sparks to a test tube of hydrogen, methane, ammonia, and water.

If amino acids could come together out of raw ingredients, then bigger, more complex molecules could presumably form given enough time. Biologists have devised various scenarios in which this assemblage takes place in tidal pools, near underwater volcanic vents, on the surface of clay sediments, or even in outer space.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 04:00:16 PM »
The first support for this idea of life arising out of the primordial soup came from the famous 1953 experiment by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey, in which they made amino acids—the building blocks of proteins—by applying sparks to a test tube of hydrogen, methane, ammonia, and water.

If amino acids could come together out of raw ingredients, then bigger, more complex molecules could presumably form given enough time. Biologists have devised various scenarios in which this assemblage takes place in tidal pools, near underwater volcanic vents, on the surface of clay sediments, or even in outer space.
Geeeez.  This experiment was proven flawed 40 years ago! Get with the times! No oxygen = no life!
Miller/Urey experiment. Fact or Fraud?
January 11, 2008 — whiteman0o0 

The Miller experiment, (more commonly known as the Miller/Urey experiment due to the great influence on Miller by his college professor Urey), is often attributed as one of the best evidences for the evolution of man in history. The experiment in essence brought about Amino acids(one of the building blocks of human life) in a “early earth” environment. I will use this post to bring to light some of the problems with the Miller experiment and expose it for what it is.

Parameters

http://www.darwinismrefuted.com/molecular_biology_09.html

The parameters of the Miller/Urey experiment were to find out if life could have spontaneously generated in an early earth environment, he simulated what was thought to be the atmosphere of the early earth. This environment was composed with high levels of Ammonium, Hydrogen, Methane, and Water vapor. Any chemist worth his weight will tell you that these gasses do not react under natural circumstances, so in order to make up for this Miller added electrical current to the apparatus.(The early earth was thought to have been under constant bombardment by electrical storms at this point in time).

Now while Millers concotion did indeed make random amino acids in a jar, and evolutionists used that to mean that life could spontaniously generate, Millers experiment had several flaws.

Misconceptions.

Millers experiment formed 3 of 20 amino acids necessary for human life, however, a portion of the experiment commonly left out of the text books is how he got them.

Miller used a contraption called a cold trap

“In vacuum applications, a cold trap is a device that condenses all vapors except the permanent gases into a liquid or solid. The most common objective is to prevent vapors from contaminating a vacuum pump. Cold traps also refer to the application of cooled surfaces or baffles to prevent oil vapours from flowing from a pump and into a chamber. In such a case, a baffle or a section of pipe containing a number of cooled vanes, will be attached to the inlet of an existing pumping system. By cooling the baffle, either with a cryogen such as liquid nitrogen, or by use of an electrically driven Peltier element, oil vapour molecules that strike the baffle vanes will condense and thus be removed from the pumped cavity.”

In essence, Miller’s experimental atmosphere was not capable of sustaining the amino acids for an extended period of time. Miller knew this because in his other attempts without the cold trap(which are conviniently not oft mentioned) Miller could not successfuly make the amino acids. He was only able to sustain the amino acids by removing them from his concoction as soon as they were created by the use of the cold trap. I.E.) Using liquid nitrogen, Miller used the cold trap to freeze the amino acids as soon as they were created and removed them from his apparatus thru a vacuum.

This is a strong argument against Miller’s case considering as how he couldnt keep his amino acids alive without taking them out of his concoction.

Recently scientists have decided that the early environment was not the one which Miller used, they also state that the early earth was not bombarded with lightning as we had once thought. However they still find a way to assert that even if you changed around the atmosphere and removed the constant electrical current, you would still get some form of life building material.

Summary

So far I have not heard of a single successful experiment to create and sustain amino acids in the more realistic early earth environment. So with the flaws that have been found in the Miller/Urey experiment, I would think it is safe to say that we cant make life in a jar with gas and electricity.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 04:44:12 PM »
Life does not need oxygen........

http://phys.org/news189836027.html

Do we need to have the talk about sources again?  A website thats sole purpose is to refute darwinism is not a reliable source as it is biased.

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 04:54:55 PM »
Not to mention the author is a quack job.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Oktar

The man thinks the holocaust was a hoax.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 05:23:46 PM »
Not to mention the author is a quack job.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Oktar

The man thinks the holocaust was a hoax.
Pick an Author! Anyone with the sense God gave a fence post can tell you it was a badly flawed experiment!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 05:39:24 PM »
We want to know why we breed? LOL LOL I suppose "The most obvious answer is to share Genetic information and implant it in the next generation" is popular with the ladies! LOL LOL

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 06:10:12 PM »
Modern science has proved that a single cell is more complicated than the space shuttle, its full of DNA that is loaded with information! The odds of this appearing by chance are so incredibly high they are not just improbable they are IMPOSSIBLE! The Odds Against Life

Last week we discussed how unlikely Planet Earth is. Every facet of our planet—its solar system, and its galaxy—makes life possible. Change anything, and our planet would be as lifeless as space is.

What about life itself? How did life come about? Could there be life elsewhere? NASA conducted an interesting study.They needed to know the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe. Earth could not afford the danger if one of our space vehicles were to bring back a deadly microbe for which man had no resistance. 

NASA hired Yale University’s Harold Morowitz, a theoretics expert.  Dr. Morowitz deals with “the laws of large numbers and probabilities.”

Here is how the probabilities theory works: you take a set of circumstances, and you scientifically determine the odds of a certain outcome. For instance, if you flip a coin, you have “even odds” of heads or tails. The more you flip it, the greater the odds are against it coming up “heads”

every time. Once you get to 1/1015, the probability of an event ever happening is negligible.  If you get to 1/1050, the event could not have happened even once in 15 billion-years. After studying the complexity of a protein molecule, Dr. Morowitz concluded that the probability of life occurring by chance is 1/10236. 1/10236 takes into account all the atoms in the universe, and the chance that the right ones came together just once to form a protein molecule.

He said “The universe would have to be trillions of years older, and trillions of times larger, for a protein molecule to have occurred by random chance.”

It’s a bit like throwing 4 billion pennies into the air and having them all land heads-up. Evolutionists tell us that given enough time, this could happen. But as we just learned, there wasn’t enough time and there weren’t enough pennies. (This does not say that life does not exist elsewhere. It just says that it could not exist by random chance.)

The study reminds me of the joke about Neal Armstrong’s first moonwalk. About 100 feet from the Lunar Lander, Neal stooped down and picked up a Rolex watch lying on the moon’s surface. It even had the correct time. Armstrong frantically radioed Houston and asked, “What do we do now? The camera was on me when I picked up the watch! People will think that we weren’t first to the moon. They may even believe the Russians beat us here!”  Houston radioed back, “Don’t worry. We already have a story that earth will believe. We’ll just tell them that the watch evolved on the moon!”

I enjoyed the movie “Contact” starring Jodi Foster. She played a SETI scientist. SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) uses an array of huge radio receivers that listen for “organized”

radio signals. If a signal is random static, it is natural. If it is organized, however, it was undoubtedly sent by an intelligent source. For instance, the signal “2 – 2 – 4″ (about 10 bytes of information) is intelligent. Although SETI has not yet heard any such signal in its 30 years, they keep listening.

By some stretch of logic, many of those same scientists say that a DNA molecule containing four billion bytes of perfectly arranged information did not come from a source of intelligence. It just “happened!”

Considering the odds against evolution being true, why is it so important to some folks that wedo believe in evolution? What does our belief in evolution make possible?
1.The discarding of “right and wrong.” If life is an accident of random atoms, does it really matter if a Boy Scout helps an elderly lady across the street or shoves her under a bus?
2.Abortion rights. If we are just an accident of physics, does it matter if we kill our preborn children? After all, they have no soul. They have no rights. They are just “tissue.” Call any Planned Parenthood abortuary to hear this firsthand.) Tell that to any expectant mother who has felt a kick, heard the heartbeat, or seen the sonogram.

The theory of evolution has put humanity on a slippery slope with no bottom. After all, if mankind becomes extinct through its own excesses, it’s all part of evolution. We just weren’t fit to survive. 
 Somehow, that last assumption seems logical. For if mankind clings to something so unproven, so impossible, and so destructive, perhaps “man wasn’t intelligent enough to survive.”

A fitting epitaph.
 2008 by George V. Caylor
 So if its IMPOSSIBLE for the first guy to have evolved.........Its even more impossible for his wife to have evolved! and right next to him so they could well...."Do-it"  Its Impossible folks. We were created by God as a complete bio system that rely on one another for survival. There are trillions of bugs , bacteria, and plants and animal that aid in the survival of humans!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 11:07:07 PM »
Geeeez.  This experiment was proven flawed 40 years ago! Get with the times! No oxygen = no life!
Miller/Urey experiment. Fact or Fraud?
January 11, 2008 — whiteman0o0 

The Miller experiment, (more commonly known as the Miller/Urey experiment due to the great influence on Miller by his college professor Urey), is often attributed as one of the best evidences for the evolution of man in history. The experiment in essence brought about Amino acids(one of the building blocks of human life) in a “early earth” environment. I will use this post to bring to light some of the problems with the Miller experiment and expose it for what it is.

Parameters

http://www.darwinismrefuted.com/molecular_biology_09.html

The parameters of the Miller/Urey experiment were to find out if life could have spontaneously generated in an early earth environment, he simulated what was thought to be the atmosphere of the early earth. This environment was composed with high levels of Ammonium, Hydrogen, Methane, and Water vapor. Any chemist worth his weight will tell you that these gasses do not react under natural circumstances, so in order to make up for this Miller added electrical current to the apparatus.(The early earth was thought to have been under constant bombardment by electrical storms at this point in time).

Now while Millers concotion did indeed make random amino acids in a jar, and evolutionists used that to mean that life could spontaniously generate, Millers experiment had several flaws.

Misconceptions.

Millers experiment formed 3 of 20 amino acids necessary for human life, however, a portion of the experiment commonly left out of the text books is how he got them.

Miller used a contraption called a cold trap

“In vacuum applications, a cold trap is a device that condenses all vapors except the permanent gases into a liquid or solid. The most common objective is to prevent vapors from contaminating a vacuum pump. Cold traps also refer to the application of cooled surfaces or baffles to prevent oil vapours from flowing from a pump and into a chamber. In such a case, a baffle or a section of pipe containing a number of cooled vanes, will be attached to the inlet of an existing pumping system. By cooling the baffle, either with a cryogen such as liquid nitrogen, or by use of an electrically driven Peltier element, oil vapour molecules that strike the baffle vanes will condense and thus be removed from the pumped cavity.”

In essence, Miller’s experimental atmosphere was not capable of sustaining the amino acids for an extended period of time. Miller knew this because in his other attempts without the cold trap(which are conviniently not oft mentioned) Miller could not successfuly make the amino acids. He was only able to sustain the amino acids by removing them from his concoction as soon as they were created by the use of the cold trap. I.E.) Using liquid nitrogen, Miller used the cold trap to freeze the amino acids as soon as they were created and removed them from his apparatus thru a vacuum.

This is a strong argument against Miller’s case considering as how he couldnt keep his amino acids alive without taking them out of his concoction.

Recently scientists have decided that the early environment was not the one which Miller used, they also state that the early earth was not bombarded with lightning as we had once thought. However they still find a way to assert that even if you changed around the atmosphere and removed the constant electrical current, you would still get some form of life building material.

Summary

So far I have not heard of a single successful experiment to create and sustain amino acids in the more realistic early earth environment. So with the flaws that have been found in the Miller/Urey experiment, I would think it is safe to say that we cant make life in a jar with gas and electricity.

OBJECTION...
The Miller–Urey experiment[1] (or Urey–Miller experiment)[2] was an experiment that simulated the conditions thought at the time to be present on the early Earth, and tested for the occurrence of chemical origins of life. Specifically, the experiment tested Alexander Oparin's and J. B. S. Haldane's hypothesis that conditions on the primitive Earth favored chemical reactions that synthesized more complex organic compounds from simpler organic precursors. Considered to be the classic experiment concerning the experimental abiogenesis, it was conducted in 1953[3] by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey at the University of Chicago and later the University of California, San Diego and published the following year.[4][5][6]
After Miller's death in 2007, scientists examining sealed vials preserved from the original experiments were able to show that there were actually well over 20 different amino acids produced in Miller's original experiments. That is considerably more than what Miller originally reported, and more than the 20 that naturally occur in life.[7] Moreover, some evidence suggests that Earth's original atmosphere might have had a different composition from the gas used in the Miller–Urey experiment. There is abundant evidence of major volcanic eruptions 4 billion years ago, which would have released carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrogen (N2), hydrogen sulfide (H2S), and sulfur dioxide (SO2) into the atmosphere. Experiments using these gases in addition to the ones in the original Miller–Urey experiment have produced more diverse molecules.[8]

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 12:53:49 AM »
an awful lot of trouble to try to disprove God created all!

an awful lot of unnecessary trouble to prove God created all. logic proves HE  created all!

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 01:47:22 AM »
Can't believe the sheeple still fall for this crap!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 02:05:55 AM »
it is satan's work. confuse and divide, then conquer! Simple logic disproves evolution and any "theory" that is used to try and disprove God created all.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2014, 03:16:39 AM »

$Bill
AMEN
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"