Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Questions for Atheists  (Read 23495 times)

Offline ebilly99

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Atheists
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2014, 08:39:17 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Atheism is a religion too! For a theist there’s nothing quite like watching an atheist get an intellectual walloping from a preacher.
I agree it must be a rare treat. I do hope to see it someday but I doubt I will live long enough... But perhaps.
There’s just something apocalyptic about it, and it most easily occurs when the atheist tries to chop up religion to irrelevancy without realizing that he is himself awfully religious.
So asserting that religion is everywhere makes it so.

It happened again recently at the Cambridge Union debating society when former Anglican Archbishop Rowan Williams took on the best known name in contemporary atheism, Richard Dawkins. They were debating whether religion has a role in the 21st century.
http://youtu.be/rlqr9hGYB9A Watch it yourselves. If you include something tell us how to get there.

Dawkins said it didn’t.

Williams said it did.

Everyone needs and everyone has a “God.” That’s why we’re so religious.

In the end, Williams was handed a decidedly strong victory with more than two times as many votes from the audience as the infamous atheist, Dawkins. It was a triumphant day for the faithful and a shameful one for the irreligious.
So Rowan won and every christian debater on youtube has lost. I am ok with that.

But actually no one really is irreligious.

This world beats to the rhythm of religion in a thousand ways, and absolutely everyone is religious -- including atheists.
Prove it, You can't just assert things.

Religion certainly includes an idea of a God under whom man is inherently subservient, but religion also governs the belief system undergirding the way people think about, and live, their lives.
Being alive does as well. I like to believe as many true things as is possible and as few untrue things as possible.

It tells them who their authority is and it informs their values and behavior. It gives them their sense of morality and goodwill, and it guides them in the way they treat themselves and others. Religion does nothing less than construct one’s view of the world.
Being a human does as well. One choeses how to act and morphs there religion (If they have one) Thusly. That is why you can have christians commit Holocaust (Hitler) Religion does not shape morality, but morality shapes a persons reality. 

Atheists are, in fact, some of the most religious people.
Prove it.

First, they have a functioning God under whom they are subservient (normally it’s science or rationality, but mainly themselves), and that idea of God informs the way they live and interpret their lives. It informs their biases and determines their values, and governs any sense of morality or ethics they adhere too, or ignore.
So god is anything that they believe in. I believe in true things. I guess truth would be my god. It's nice when we can make up our own words.

Once that’s all settled all that’s left is the preaching.

And they preach all the time.

This new breed of atheists is obsessed with the idea of God. They write books, deliver speeches, comment-bomb the evangelical blogosphere and generally rant on ad nauseam about the ills of believing in God.
If christians stopped imposing there would be no athiest on the street. (Ok a few but everyone has a few crazies.) Christians make there own enemies.

Honestly – comically – some atheists must type the word “God” on the Internet five times more often than most Christians I know and they do it with the fury of a fire-and-brimstone zealot!
TANGENT

Maybe no one invokes the name of “God” more than they, and they are doing so in more and more virulent ways such as the shocking moment when Dr. Dawkins recently told Al-Jazeera television that he believed being raised Catholic was in itself even more psychologically damaging than being abused by a priest!
So one person is all atheist now. I guess we can chose hitler to identify with all theist? Of course not, that is stupid.

Instead of just ignoring God, or the idea of God, atheist preachers feel somehow compelled to rid the Earth of him; so they argue endlessly that theists can’t prove God exists without confessing that they can’t prove he doesn’t either.
Not the earth just our government... Like the law says it should.

Occasionally, some of them discover that they do indeed worship a God, but it is an insufficient one.
LOL this one.

They worship a God that loses his car keys when they are in his hand, or that misplaces the glasses on his face – a God filled with flaws and inadequacies, and a God (themselves) whose probability of helping them supernaturally is absolutely zero.
What, maybe you were drinking when you wrote this... Oh that's right you didn't write this.

Everyone needs and everyone has a “God.” That’s why we’re so religious.
I don't thank you very much.

It’s a matter of which religion is yours.
None of the above

One of the nice things about the Christian God is that he seems to be as concerned about those that do not believe as those who do.
Yep so much that he cares who you have sex with and if you eat the right type of fish and meat.

Or as one skeptic-turned-believer has said of the Him, “a young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading. There are traps everywhere – God is, if I may say it, very unscrupulous.”
Source please.

He knew it well.

For C.S. Lewis, the iconic British scholar, was himself a convert from the religion of the atheism to the religion of Christianity because, as he later said: “atheism turns out to be too simple.”

Oddly enough, atheists often accuse theists of being the simple ones. We are “anti-intellectual,” they say, and in so doing they become exactly what they accuse us of being.

It must be an unfortunate plight to be both anti-intellectual and religious!

God help them.
C.S. Lewis, at least you are choosing people from this millennium(Ok last, but close enough)... Funny how he insulted people for the very thing he was.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2014, 08:55:26 PM »
Atheists consistently attempt to take the higher ground by pointing fingers of accusation at theists and accusing theists of committing all sorts of human rights violations in the name of "cultish religions," as they are fond of putting it. According to atheists, it is the belief in God that has caused people to commit the various atrocities common to mankind. Remove religion, belief in God, and belief in the Bible, etc.--the atheists argue--and the world will be a better place. This latter conclusion is mortally flawed for the following reasons:

1. Atheists have committed human rights violations en masse throughout history. For instance, Joseph Stalin--the atheist--ordered the deaths of between 40 million to 62 million people (20 million of which were everyday Soviet civilians), compared to the 6 million killed by Adolph Hitler the Roman Catholic "Christian."
Oh only 6 million? I think you might want to do the math again. 50-70 million people died during WW2, all Hitlers fault.

In other words, the problem is not the Bible or God. The problem is people, including those in false religions which have failed to teach the masses Biblical truths. An appreciation for Biblical truths and  standards of what's right and what's wrong is the only detriment against people committing human rights violations. Blaming God for the crimes of false Christians is an attempt at passing the buck.
I can accept that, but athiesm makes no claims about how humans Ought to act, only that they act on there own accord.

"See! This only I have found, that the true God made mankind upright, but they themselves have sought out many plans." (Ecclesiastes 7:29)
Megatron must be stopped. (Covenant of Primus, Book of the Rodimus) Now lets actually not involve either Sci fi or fantasy

"They have acted ruinously on their own part; they are not his children, the defect is their own. A generation crooked and twisted!" (Deuteronomy 32:5)
Obiwan never told you what happened to your father. Luke I am your father. (Every time you use the bible to justify the bible, I will use a random movie quote.)

2. Atheism is itself a religion aka a cult. While atheist will argue that they don't believe in any god, the issue is not merely non-belief in God or gods but in having ANY sort of belief system. The belief system of atheism is centered around the philosophy of "secular-humanism."
Stop changing the meaning of words. If religion means belief than so be it. We have a religion but do not believe in god or gods and do not accept the supernatural. Are you happy.

3. Atheism is a religion according to a 2005 Wisconsin federal court ruling as well as the U.S. Supreme Court—the highest court in the land.
I want to see the actual court papers.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2014, 02:47:57 AM »
just clarifying the term as it pertains to your son ebilly. read your previous post again. Now YOU want to stop the name calling??LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

read matt 1:18 again.
mary and joseph were Jesus' earthly parents. they were married before Jesus was born. so by your analogy, if a child is born of parents that are married, but only one is a biological parent, the child is a bastard? if a woman is pregnant from another man but marries someone else before the child is born, the child is still a bastard??? better look up the definition again! LOL LOL
better look up immaculate conception. you are welcome to put it on the list of what you don't believe in, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

are adopted children bastards???

Jesus was doing His Father's will, (one of the names of God). God worked his will through Jesus.

you really are delusional! LOL LOL LOL LOL Jesus had no rights? LOL LOL LOL LOL ya better reread the ot on the prophecies of the MESSIAH that was to come!

non marital child is just pc for bastard. doesn't change what the child is as a result of being born out of wedlock. a rising level of bastards is a positive thing???????????

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2014, 03:19:33 AM »
just clarifying the term as it pertains to your son ebilly. read your previous post again. Now YOU want to stop the name calling??LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

read matt 1:18 again.
mary and joseph were Jesus' earthly parents.
Doesn't matter jesus was not josephs kin. James, wasn't a bastard but Jesus was.
they were married before Jesus was born. so by your analogy, if a child is born of parents that are married, but only one is a biological parent, the child is a bastard? if a woman is pregnant from another man but marries someone else before the child is born, the child is still a bastard???
Yes, he is not a legitimate child. The father is not the one who the mother married. 
better look up the definition again! LOL LOL
better look up immaculate conception. you are welcome to put it on the list of what you don't believe in, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

are adopted children bastards???
Yeah can be

Jesus was doing His Father's will, (one of the names of God). God worked his will through Jesus.
Jesus was god's bastard child.

you really are delusional! LOL LOL LOL LOL Jesus had no rights? LOL LOL LOL LOL ya better reread the ot on the prophecies of the MESSIAH that was to come!
Yep Jesus had no legal rights as a bastard.

non marital child is just pc for bastard. doesn't change what the child is as a result of being born out of wedlock. a rising level of bastards is a positive thing???????????
I'm glad you agree that jesus is not non marital but a bastard... Can we end it now.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2014, 03:29:20 AM »
maskate??? making up words again??????LOL LOL LOL atheists have the "smoking gun" ? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

nope a theory is an idea that some want to prove. evolution, bbt and other theories of universe creation have not been proven.

Christianity is truth and logic. the bible has not been refuted, just denied!

my dogs haven't changed into different dogs or animals! go figure! LOL LOL LOL LOL

because dogs could not breed with wolves they were considered a new/different species? LOL LOL LOL so the gays that no longer have sex with opposite sex humans become a new species when they choose homosexuality????????????????? don't think so! LOL LOL LOL LOL

nope , the parents were married when the child was born. the child is legitimate

http://www.chattertonlaw.com/uncategorized/establishing-paterity-of-child-born-during-marriage

you really should read a little bit more! LOL LOL LOL LOL

sarcasm! LOL LOL LOL you don't get it!

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2014, 03:53:56 AM »
maskate??? making up words again??????
Did it show up red... Nope it's a real word... Look it up.
LOL LOL LOL atheists have the "smoking gun" ? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Yeah called the background radiation...

nope a theory is an idea that some want to prove.
No it isn't. Words have meanings and we have told you what it means. Now go stand in the corner until you use the right word in the right place.
evolution, bbt and other theories of universe creation have not been proven.
Nothing can be proved. Not a single thing in our universe can be proved, but there is enough evidence that it is true that there is no real argument against it.

Christianity is truth and logic. the bible has not been refuted, just denied!
Nope, the bible is all wrong, Utter garbage. I deny the claim.

my dogs haven't changed into different dogs or animals! go figure! LOL LOL LOL LOL
A single generation won't, idiot. Do your puppies look identical to there parents?

because dogs could not breed with wolves they were considered a new/different species? LOL LOL LOL so the gays that no longer have sex with opposite sex humans become a new species when they choose homosexuality????????????????? don't think so! LOL LOL LOL LOL
Can't and won't. Do you know the difference?

nope , the parents were married when the child was born. the child is legitimate
Sure keep telling yourself jesus isn't a bastard.

http://www.chattertonlaw.com/uncategorized/establishing-paterity-of-child-born-during-marriage

you really should read a little bit more! LOL LOL LOL LOL

sarcasm! LOL LOL LOL you don't get it!
So should you. There was a dispute about Jesus's father. Jesus himself claimed that not joseph but Yhwh was his father. Jesus himself made him a bastard.

You know all you have to do is end this whole bastard talk and I will end it. Otherwise I will continue this line... Jesus the bastard child.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »
You can blaspheme God and Jesus all you want. that's your problem, not mine. guilty conscience? it is partly YOUR fault your son is a bastard.

maskate? definition, in english??? LOL LOL LOL LOL

The bible is fact whether you like it or not.  saying the bible can't prove the bible is a self defeating argument! too many collective works and witnesses to deny it is truth. you can deny it all you want, that doesn't make it untrue! LOL LOLLOL The bible is also a  history collection. verified history!

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2014, 08:11:51 PM »
You can blaspheme God and Jesus all you want. that's your problem, not mine. guilty conscience? it is partly YOUR fault your son is a bastard.
Well at least he is in good company with the son of god, right. I mean if god can have a bastard child it's not so bad.

Jesus denied josephs fatherhood. He chose to be a bastard.

maskate? definition, in english??? LOL LOL LOL LOL
You have a internet do it yourself.
The bible is fact whether you like it or not.
Prove it.
  saying the bible can't prove the bible is a self defeating argument!
Starwars proves Luke skywalker. LOL you provide not one piece of evidence.
too many collective works and witnesses to deny it is truth.
I deny that. Name a witness that can testify that the bible is true. Just one written tomb that said, hey there was a guy named jesus and he had 12 diciples, did magic and died for Blasphemy. I mean it wouldn't prove god but it is a start, something you don't even have. 
you can deny it all you want
Yes I can when facts back me up.
, that doesn't make it untrue! LOL LOLLOL The bible is also a  history collection. verified history!
Who verified it. I want to see that... Unless you are lying... which you are.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2014, 01:18:31 AM »
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL you won't prove maskate is a word but you want me to prove the bible is fact!!!!!!!LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

a bit hypocritical??? you criticize me for doing what you are doing??????????LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL I have repeatedly proven the bible is fact, yet you refuse to prove a word you used is not made up! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

read a little history! Jesus is supported by historical facts as are the diciples(disciples)

nope, you are the liar, the lazy liar at that! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

who is St Peter's basilica named after???LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

you can play the fool, you are good at it, all you want. but you know the bible is true. it has never been disproven.

you will not accept any proof, yet your beliefs are based on theories that still haven't been proven! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/24/vatican-st-peters-bones-display-pope-francis

you can't prove Jesus is a bastard, yet you have proven your son is a bastard. odd, eh???????????LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2014, 02:53:37 AM »
The world is crazy.
With all the debates, arguments and even wars about religion.
Why isn't there a good example of a Theistic form of government?
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2014, 04:35:40 AM »
The world is crazy.
With all the debates, arguments and even wars about religion.
Why isn't there a good example of a Theistic form of government?
This wouldn't be a important point, as I am sure Fish will clip in and say it is because we are faulty humans... However the problem with that is that the less a country relies on god, the more free, happy educated and healthy it's people become. It's funny, actually that christians claim to have absolute morality, but when they get there way everyone is more miserable, enslaved, Ill informed and sick...

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2014, 04:45:11 AM »
what is the source of the steam? rain water? if it any other water it is not pure!

rain water is pure water, no chemicals, no minerals, nothing but pure water. ionized water is not pure water, it acquires calcium and bicarbonate Try again LOL LOL LOL

show me the post where I stated this: the posts by many also include those,like you, that do not believe in God! Caught in another lie. liar!
"You stated that god exist because many people believe in him."

Show me the post, liar, where I stated this!
"I did, You stated that god is popular so he must exist."

God is the Creator of the universe, sound familiar, liar? I have stated it many times.

you having trouble keeping track of your lies? then stop lying! LOL LOL LOL LOL
Fish I can admit when I am wrong. I had called you stupid, and while I do not agree with your methods I do see the little trap you put me in. I applaud you, and though it was trickery I must admit that it was well played. For the longest time I had assumed that you were rambling on trying to prove the existence of the supernatural. I had not considered that you were attacking my reason for knowing things. (Though the way you played it was sloppy I had never seen it.) I applaud your efforts and concede that I had not seen it coming. However the problem is that I do know what to do now. Lets end the insults and blame game now. Neither of us have been adults about this.

Am I right, is this a attack on how I can know anything, is it a attack on my basis of knowing anything without a god to guide it to?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2014, 01:02:50 PM »
LOL LOL LOL LOL I love being entertained first thing in the morning!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL you are the one craving negative attention, you are the one that sunk to the low depths you have to insult me and my beliefs. I apologize for nothing, you just can't take what you dished out. don't like it ? don't do it. I see a backlash coming...again. it happens everytime you do a mea culpa.

christians do not claim absolute morality. we know we are flawed. we know Jesus is the answer. we know God created the universe and sent Jesus as our advocate.

the less a country relies on god, the more free, happy educated and healthy it's people become? that's like saying the fewer laws we have the freere we are. look around the world, especially africa. how are those non christian countries doing??