I would agree that the roads and bridges in MO are in need of repair, but not with a raise in sales taxes.
1) sales taxes have nothing to do with transportation, everyone including the poor will be hit hard with this taxes.
2) raise the gasoline taxes instead, Mo has the 6th lowest and have not been raise in years, I guess it makes too much sense for the politicians
3) who is behind this ammendment? The largest contributors to politicians in Jefff City, contractors, engineers and trucking companies
4) Trucking companies will benefit the most with contributing the least since they are the ones that destroy the roads. They also do not want
a raise in gasoline taxes for obvious reasons.
5) Money will not only go to roads and bridges but to mass transport, airports and trails (really!!).
6) Vote no and tell Jeff City to go back to the drawing board.