Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Aussie Jack's  (Read 18661 times)

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Aussie Jack's
« on: March 12, 2007, 12:02:38 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline ctmom20

• View Profile
Re: Aussie Jack's
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 06:19:15 PM »
I just can't bring myself to. I had too many bad experiences there. I shouldn't judge b/c I haven't been there with the new owners. But I have a personal problem with the old owners. They are sick, heartless people.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »
We ate here for our anniversary.
They were not busy, so service was good overall.
The food was tasty, and reasonably  priced.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 01:36:16 PM »
Well - you hit on 3 major improvements that needed to happen.  I still have no interest in dining there however, as many of the employees remain the same as the old one's, and with them many of the problems not readily evident to the customer will exist.

The current owner used to bartend under the old regime.
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 10:55:11 PM »
I am a bit puzzled as to your comment about the same employees/same issues comments. 

My husband works there and has for the last 2 years.  There are VERY few ( as in under 5 tops ) original employees that are there.  My husband is one of them along with the bartender (Hilary) and General Mgr. (Denise King) and a few other servers.  I can't think of anyone having a bad thing to say about any of them either.  They are incredibly customer oriented.    My husband gives exemplary service and his customers love him as evidenced in their repeated requests that he alone serves them.  He treats people the way HE wants to be treated while dining out.  EVERYONE is special to him. 

The new owner of Aussie's  used to work under the old owner's. She does not run things the same way and the atmosphere, service and overall mood of the place is day & night different. 

Any restaurant will, on occasion, have issues where the food doesn't come out quite right or there is a delay (normally when they are slammed) but the folks at Aussie's are working incredibly hard to show the public that they DO care, unlike the previous owners.

You ought to give them a chance. 
yeah whatever~*

Offline ghost_of_notsniw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 11:14:20 PM »
I think a lot of locals are gunshy about going back to a place that has been under "new management" so many times without any real substantive changes in the food or service.

A new name and a remodel would probably go a LONG way to change the perception.

Offline sassy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 01:47:12 AM »
I used to go all the time and Denise is wonderful. She knows what shes doing and she makes time for everyone..We havent been back cause of all the mouthing but we want to try again. So im glad to hear she is still there.

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 04:19:41 AM »
I think a lot of locals are gunshy about going back to a place that has been under "new management" so many times without any real substantive changes in the food or service.

A new name and a remodel would probably go a LONG way to change the perception.

I don't know what you mean by the notion of "new management" so many times.  Sandy Sutcliffe is now the new owner, having bought it from Yong & Larry Burrell. 

I don't agree with the idea that such broad sweeping changes are necessary for success.  They offer good food, good service and a welcome change from the usual fare that this locale is known for. 

I DO know that there have been recent menu changes and there are other things that will be "tweaked" in the future.  Folks are either going to have to give them a try (and the new owner a try) or they won't. 

A new name, new decor is not going to make it "better"...

What counts is your product, service and attitude.  Without those lined out you can throw up all the new decor your budget can tolerate and put a new sign up... but like they say.  If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......

yeah whatever~*

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 02:17:47 PM »
I am a bit puzzled as to your comment about the same employees/same issues comments. 

The new owner of Aussie's  used to work under the old owner's. She does not run things the same way and the atmosphere, service and overall mood of the place is day & night different. 

You ought to give them a chance. 

My comment that has you puzzled is cryptic; intentionally - people either know what I am talking about, or have no idea.  If they don't know it is best left unsaid.

Yes, Sandi did work for Kim - and yes, Sandi was fired by Kim - interesting history there in itself.

My post was not directed at your husband - I don't know him, and have no reason to doubt his professionalism.  Every place has has people that do care - but they can't make much of a difference in a fundamentally flawed environment.  I wish him luck, and much success, that said in all sincerity.

I would like to see the place be successful, and the old problems gone - this is our community, afterall.
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline ghost_of_notsniw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 04:22:15 PM »
I don't know what you mean by the notion of "new management" so many times.  Sandy Sutcliffe is now the new owner, having bought it from Yong & Larry Burrell. 

I don't agree with the idea that such broad sweeping changes are necessary for success.  They offer good food, good service and a welcome change from the usual fare that this locale is known for. 

I DO know that there have been recent menu changes and there are other things that will be "tweaked" in the future.  Folks are either going to have to give them a try (and the new owner a try) or they won't. 

A new name, new decor is not going to make it "better"...

What counts is your product, service and attitude.  Without those lined out you can throw up all the new decor your budget can tolerate and put a new sign up... but like they say.  If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......

So there is a new owner, "some" new food, a new attitude...but the same old store and decor, and you wonder why people are reluctant to go? 

Gee, what was that about looking like a duck and quacking like a duck?

Cuz if it looks like the old Aussie Jack's, quacks like the old Aussie Jack's and walks like the old Aussie Jack's, no matter how many changes you make that the public CAN'T see, it'll ALWAYS be the OLD Aussie Jack's to me.

Get it now?

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 06:18:21 PM »
Yep...I know what you mean Ghost.  We were practically assaulted once by the old woman because she didn't feel like she charged our group enough for our meals and said she was going to change the price on the menu right away :-\  THEN she actually did get physical with an acquaintance who tried to use the St. Robert coupon book which said to buy one dinner and get another dinner free.  After putting it in the book, she didn't want to honor it because too many people were using the coupons....oh, I could go on and on about other incidents.  That's why we are reluctant to step foot in the building...like it holds a curse or something.  HOWEVER, to be fair about it, we will go this weekend and report back here Monday. 
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ghost_of_notsniw

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 06:48:11 PM »
As I said, it's a matter of locals who have been there for more than the past 2 years, who have experience with "Under New Management/Ownership" signs that basically mean nothing, and who have had experiences like the one described above being reluctant to give that place ANOTHER chance.

My suggestion was simple.  I haven't the slightest clue why the new ownership would want to keep the name and decor of a place with such a terrible reputation in town.   The decor, perhaps, but even that has it's own associations with people in town.  The name, though, no way.  It would be like a legitimate health spa buying out Daisy's but keeping the name.  Bad idea if you want to generate real business.

Offline ghost_of_notsniw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 06:57:40 PM »
I keep forgetting to add my experience to the thread...

Went there a long, long time ago, in the first months it was open.

This was not a happy customer, to say the absolute least.

Now, as some have said, to be fair, I should go back.  But I won't.  Why?  As far as I am concerned, it's still Aussie Jack's. 

Telling me that the new owner was an employee of the old owner doesn't help.  That just makes me think, "More of the same old same old."  Telling me that the general manager is still there doesn't help either.

Is this fair?  Nope, but neither was the way my party was treated on my visit there.  Lie to me.  Make me at least think that everything under that roof is new, and I'll at least be dumb enough to give it a try.

But that's me.  Other's seem more forgiving.  That's them.  I guess time will tell.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 12:46:22 PM »
I was going to go this weekend, but husband said no.  He want's to hear more about changes. 
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Sandi Sutcliffe

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 04:59:16 PM »
Hi my name is Sandi Sutcliffe.  I am the new owner of Aussie Jacks.  I was born and raised in Pulaski County, one of eight children, wonderful parents (any of you who know my parents Gerald and Ella Mae Veasman, happily married now for 50 years, know they are the kindest, they send a sincere smile to all they meet, always see the good in people, and did I mention they are the most down to earth people you could ever meet) as you could guess a Catholic family.  I grew up on a farm with gardens, all the pigs, cows and chickens imaginable, and yes my parents taught me to work and I feel I learned some of these valuable lessons in life. I started my first job at 12 years old, now that would be abuse now but then it was necessary just to make ends meet.  I have 4 wonderful children and yes, that is my biased opinion, but every Mothers right.  (Just thought maybe some of you would be interested, if not just don't curse me for feeling my need to let you know my roots in the Pulaski County area and if you have something kind to say it would sure make my day bright.) 
To continue on about Aussie Jacks as that is the reason you are on here:  Yes, I did in fact work under the old owners in accounting.  I was hired because my accounting background.  I did not make the rules, I did not make the food, I did not hire or fire the staff.  As far as bartending, I wasn't a bartender (I tried to help out when they were short staffed for 6 weeks or so back in 2002, still am not, but sure like to help out when I can.)  I prefer not to comment on the Burrells' personally because I'm not here to be negative.  All of you who know Mr. and Mrs. Burrell can judge then if you feel that is necessary, but in my opinion they are gone from here and a non-issue to this forum. 
As far as buying Aussie Jacks. I saw the great potential of this place and wanted it to be a place with great food, a fun, relaxed family atmosphere.  As far as a name change or major overhaul, that would be great in the perfect world but the expense would be too great of a challenge for me personally.  Please understand, I am not a major franchise, and don't have investors to back me financially. Oh, please believe me when I tell you, I could have slept better this past year if I had!!!
Ghost writes: that alot of locals are gunshy about going back to a place that has been under "new management" so many times.  Ghost, this is the first change of "ownership" ever at Aussie Jacks. 
Strictly Confidential: not sure who you are being that you are confidential and all but Kim did not fire me, just want to make that clear.  As far a one person not making a difference, I do intend to make a difference here, but not by myself but by all of the residents of Pulaski County who still believe in locally owned businesses.
I want to show you all that Aussie Jacks is a great place.  If you ever have an issue with a staff member failing to serve you properly, let me know.  My job is to make sure you are happy and please know, I do care!!! 
Feel free to post, email or to come see me at Aussie Jacks!!!

ck2boys

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 05:35:49 PM »
Welcome, Sandi!  I just found out from Brenda that you were her niece and the new owner of Aussie Jacks.  I hope people can be open minded and give you a try, I've heard good things and will be coming in to see for myself soon.  ;)

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 06:04:23 PM »
i love aussie jacks ! they are freakin awesome, i always get great service and an awesome waiter, we and try and get the same guy everytime we go there. i have no complaints on this place
Addiciting and expensive just like cocaine

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 06:53:19 PM »
Any truth to the recent rumor that Aussie's will be closing down?  Heard it yesterday.

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 06:58:01 PM »
I am SO happy to hear that folks are having a positive experience at Aussie's!  I know that Sandi is committed to providing the best dining experience for the folks of Pulaski County whether they be locals or those visiting/passing through. 

The crew at Aussie's enjoys working together and the atmosphere at the restaurant is very upbeat and fun.  We LOVE our guests and we like to think that it shows. I know that the past history of Aussie's is something that we are "competing" with, but we are striving to overcome the negativity that was associated with Aussie's in the past.  We are constantly working to give our customers a wonderful dining experience and the feedback that we get from diners (as they are leaving) is showing us that we are indeed headed in the right direction.  Just this week I have gotten SEVERAL rave reviews not only for the food but for the service. 

There are always going to be naysayers (as evidenced by some prior posts).    I will not argue with them but I can say that if they don't want to give the new and improved AUSSIE'S a chance it will definitely be their loss.  Also there will be instances from time to time when a dining experience might not be up to par (after all, it happens in ALL restaurants) in cases like this we will bend over backwards to try to rectify the situation and achieve a good outcome.  We truly are committed to our customers. 

Come out and see us !

yeah whatever~*

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 07:00:42 PM »
Any truth to the recent rumor that Aussie's will be closing down?  Heard it yesterday.

HUH???

If you are talking about Jack's Diner, that is being auctioned today.  The owner's of Jack's Diner are not the owners of Aussie Jacks.

I would definitely check into your information and your informant ...as it seems questionable.
yeah whatever~*

Offline Sandi Sutcliffe

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 07:13:42 PM »
Thanks ck2boys!  Brenda is the Greatest!!!  Sway, you are awesome, thanks for posting.  Mike Carpenter must be your server, he is wonderful...  Haven't heard anything about closing, but if you hear something before I do please let me know... HE-HE  But it is true that Jacks was auctioned off yesterday but we are no way affiliated with them.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 08:06:21 PM »
Good to hear that you are 'healthy'. I know the Jack's story, and understand the affiliations (or lack thereof).  Honestly I don't patronize either place, so have little interest in the 'gossip' aside from the local economic factor(s) - closure came up yesterday and I shrugged it off as heresay, but since you were on (Sandi) thought I would ask.

I do wish you luck

Offline ret1sg

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 12:34:00 AM »
Need to get some one in there to manage employees to much bias going on behind the scene.

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 05:07:19 AM »
What is that suppose to mean?
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 02:52:14 PM »
I didn't know they were still open.  Every day?

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 03:39:21 PM »
yeah, ..for lunch too

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 06:09:18 PM »
That is a true statement! He is the grill cook week nights!! He is AWESOME!

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 06:05:27 PM »
I have heard that there have been some major changes at this place recently...

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 08:56:13 PM »
That is so true! New guy came in, swept everyone out and started clean, basically! I'll have to get a new menu to Rick. The food is ohhhhhhhhh so Yummy now!

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »
I haven't been to that place since they were in the building on the other side of the interstate, what was that place called.  Used to be a gas station when it first opened, then there was a club in the back, they have torn it down now.  I'm sure things have changes since I was there.   ::)   Was not happy with my experience when I went so just never went back when they moved.  Maybe I will try it again.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!