Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Don't Ask-Don't Tell  (Read 15844 times)

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Ask-Don't Tell
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2009, 07:43:29 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I'm in my forties, not my seventies, but considering that I'm married to a Korean from a culture where youth is not good and age is highly valued, perhaps I should consider your reference to my apparent advanced age as a compliment? LOL... ;-)
I vote for the Korean way of thinking about age!!!!!!!  :{:{: ***(**& ***(**& ***(**& ***(**& ***(**& ***(**&
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2009, 02:26:08 PM »
Hey Preach, let me ask this once again:

Does your knowledge of the "military mentality" reflect your belief that "the military will be professional enough to deal with homosexuals serving openly in the military"?
I will answer this as a retiree. Yes I think the Army can overcome this. It overcame allowing black to coexist, when everyone said it would not work. I overcame men and women working together in the same units, when everyone said it would never work. Yes, the old timers will grumble, and yes there will be isolated incidents but a few narrow minded people that will not accept it, but just like everything else, the military we adapt, overcome and move on.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2009, 02:36:27 PM »

The physical requirements should be different for someone in the infantry and someone in supply. Not all jobs are in the field. Paperwork has to be done too. I just think it is crazy to kick out a career soldier after 15 years for being eight pounds overweight. Certainly they could have found something he could have done.
There is a reason why every soldier has to maintain a certain weight and physical condition. There are no easy jobs that don't require this. If you remember, it was a supply convoy that got attacked, and captured and killed a few soldiers, who were not prepared for combat, because they were REMF or POGs. Now the army is changing how truck drivers and transportation units train and are outfitted.
The old days of having a front line are over. In an insurgent war which we will be fighting for quite a few more years, the enemy is everywhere, so therefore all soldiers, regardless of what duty position they hold, must be prepared to fight as infantry, and be physically fit to do so.
The way we will be fighting wars has changed. There are no more massive armies that we will meet on the battle field, they will all be under resourced terrorist type units that will attack at will anywheres on the battlefield. These means there are no more REMFs or POGs as you never know who or where the next battle will be.
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2009, 02:41:58 PM »
Good points Taz...

The Army will over come...the question is how long will it take.

as for physical standards.....everyone that joins is primarily an infantfyman.  That is what the "basic" training is for....to teach basic infantry skills.  The rest is advanced training.  Your job position is no excuse to be unfit.  If it was, there would have to be different standards within the infantry for those in the field and those serving in the S3 shop....not all infantry guys are on the ground geting boots dirty.

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2009, 06:18:29 AM »
There are no more massive armies that we will meet on the battle field, they will all be under resourced terrorist type units that will attack at will anywheres on the battlefield.

You honestly believe we will never see another war with massive armies? Just wondering.

These means there are no more REMFs or POGs as you never know who or where the next battle will be.

There will always be POGs. I'd like to see a supply soldier go in a bar full of infantrymen and give them your argument.

True story. When freethinker got out of the military, me and a couple of buddies picked him up. We stayed the night at some baracks bunnies house, and went to a bar with a few of his battle buddies. My friend Jay was sitting at the end of the bar talking to this soldier about being a Sapper. He was saying that Sappers are equivelent to Rangers and yada yada. Well, the guy he was talking to got real pissed. He started to yell, and Jay yelled back. You should have seen the crowd gather behind the infantry guy. They were ready to kick our butt. The only thing that saved us was that the bartender really liked freethinker. Freethinker tips well. She got security to throw the other guys out. She really saved us that night.

If they get mad about sappers thinking they are grunts, then they will get really mad at a truck driver for saying it.

(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2009, 02:18:01 PM »

You honestly believe we will never see another war with massive armies? Just wondering.

There will always be POGs. I'd like to see a supply soldier go in a bar full of infantrymen and give them your argument.

True story. When freethinker got out of the military, me and a couple of buddies picked him up. We stayed the night at some baracks bunnies house, and went to a bar with a few of his battle buddies. My friend Jay was sitting at the end of the bar talking to this soldier about being a Sapper. He was saying that Sappers are equivelent to Rangers and yada yada. Well, the guy he was talking to got real pissed. He started to yell, and Jay yelled back. You should have seen the crowd gather behind the infantry guy. They were ready to kick our butt. The only thing that saved us was that the bartender really liked freethinker. Freethinker tips well. She got security to throw the other guys out. She really saved us that night.

If they get mad about sappers thinking they are grunts, then they will get really mad at a truck driver for saying it.

If you think the the grunts have the monopoly on bar fights, you have not seen all there is to see about the Army. When I was stationed in germany in the 70s, The 275Th Engineer used to have weekly rumbles with the MP unit there in Stuttgart.
In Hanau, on old labeau Strasse, the Engineer and Artillery used to wear out the infantry.

What I am trying to say, there is no specific MOS or branch that was the best at bar fights. It depend on where you are stationed. Bragg naturally will be rangers, and SF, but i can guarantee the sappers mix it up just fine with the rest of the population.

If you go to Hood, now you bring an Armor mix into it, and I have seen those boys group and clear a bar.  I don't think it has anything to do with a certain MOS, I think it has to do with attrition. Who ever has the most there wins!
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2009, 02:20:02 PM »
I'm so impressed.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2009, 03:22:22 PM »
Last night watching all the festivities in DC I saw the Inaguration Ball for the military people.  Quite cute, Obama and Michelle both danced with enlisted military people.  But the thing I wanted to comment on was the reporter was saying how she had talked to a lot of military people in the crowd and some of the things they said were (of course she didn't list them all at once, this was over the period of time they were at that ball) 1. The soldiers all said they had great respect for Bush but now they would shift their respect to the new Commander in Chief. 2. They "hoped" the "don't ask don't tell" provision would stay in place.
3.  They want the troops to stay in Iraq until the mission is complete and their mission as they see it is rebuilding the country, not necessarily fighting a way.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2009, 03:25:08 PM »
Maybe that was the reason President Obama wanted only junior officers and enlisted invited first and foremost.  Get a real idea of what is going on, instead of the senior "yes men" whose opinion isn't theirs anymore.

Last night watching all the festivities in DC I saw the Inaguration Ball for the military people.  Quite cute, Obama and Michelle both danced with enlisted military people.  But the thing I wanted to comment on was the reporter was saying how she had talked to a lot of military people in the crowd and some of the things they said were (of course she didn't list them all at once, this was over the period of time they were at that ball) 1. The soldiers all said they had great respect for Bush but now they would shift their respect to the new Commander in Chief. 2. They "hoped" the "don't ask don't tell" provision would stay in place.
3.  They want the troops to stay in Iraq until the mission is complete and their mission as they see it is rebuilding the country, not necessarily fighting a way.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...