Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Don't Ask-Don't Tell  (Read 15827 times)

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Ask-Don't Tell
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

On the money, Taz! Let's live and let live.
I agree with others though, who have said that PDA should be restricted. There's a time and place for everything, and out in public is not the place for overt physical friendliness. That's why G-d made bedrooms and motels!
Now would you all please bow you heads in a momment of silence while i book a room thru the PWC link.

Thanks Sex_ ED i needed that ;D  opps i mean EX_ED :th_gen129:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 07:20:40 PM »
If I were married and was cheating on my husband I wouldn't want everybody to know that either.  If I was married and we had great sex the night before, I would keep that to myself too.  Sex and the discussion of such, has no place in the workplace whether gay or hetero.
I agree that sex has no place in the workplace, both homo and hetero..... Now, when I have great sex the night, morning, afternoon, evening, before, EVERYONE would know it just by my sh*t a$$ grin and AWESOMELY wonderful mood the next day!  ::) ;D
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »
So what was wrong with Don't ask and Don't tell?  Why do I need to know?

I could care less what you do at home. Just keep it at home.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 07:40:30 PM »
Do you really think Black men and women's compare their struggle for equality with Gay men and women???....come on now.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2009, 01:04:36 AM »
if you spent time in the military preach, you know the answer to your question. if you haven't spent time in the military you wouldn't understand the answer.

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 01:20:00 AM »
Now would you all please bow you heads in a momment of silence while i book a room thru the PWC link.

Thanks Sex_ ED i needed that ;D  opps i mean EX_ED :th_gen129:

You're very welcome NayNard! -- I mean MayNard.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 01:26:27 AM »
I'd pity the poor soul that reported into a infantry line company with a known homosexual orientation.   All the sensitivity training in the world wouldn't resolve the hostility it would create.

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2009, 01:38:37 AM »
if you spent time in the military preach, you know the answer to your question. if you haven't spent time in the military you wouldn't understand the answer.

Nice cop-out. I wouldn't understand because I haven't spent time in the military? Good one. Because people in the military are so much different than everyone else. Oh yeah. That's right. I forgot. They are whiny. They are too afraid to actually know if their battle buddies are gay because occasionally they have to cuddle to stay warm.

Obviously you don't understand the civilian world, or the benefits the military can contribute to a person's civilian life. Discipline, camaraderie, honor, etc. are all things that would benefit the civilian world as much as the military. Now try again.

What exactly does the military require that the civilian world doesn't need?
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2009, 01:46:57 AM »
I'd pity the poor soul that reported into a infantry line company with a known homosexual orientation.   All the sensitivity training in the world wouldn't resolve the hostility it would create.

Why would they have a known homosexual orientation? It's not like they are going to be wearing rainbow patches or anything. If they are ballsy enough to stroll into an infantry company and declare their sexuality, they are definitly in the right MOS. The infantry loves crazy people like that.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 01:49:29 AM »
 not everyone can be in the military. but anyone can be a civilian. what is the mission of the military?

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2009, 01:49:41 AM »
Should weight standards be lifted also?  That's discriminatory.  Just asking............

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2009, 01:51:41 AM »
Do you really think Black men and women's compare their struggle for equality with Gay men and women???....come on now.

Regardless of what black people believe, there are comparisons to be made. At some point, being black in the wrong place could get you killed. The same applies for homosexuals.

The struggles are significantly different, but the hate they have endured is the same.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2009, 01:56:28 AM »
You're very welcome NayNard! -- I mean MayNard.
Oh man am I so disappointed, I waited 6 hrs. for a responce and all you could come up with is NayNard ??
How about Nay'NERD' Or may'nerd' or turd.
Come on Dan i deserve more effort don't I :crying:   :crying:
Dang it I get no disrespect >:D ***(**&
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2009, 02:08:47 AM »
height and weight standards are not real big in the af. I don't know about the other branches.. pt tests are becoming the discriminator whether a person is fit .

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2009, 02:10:46 AM »
Should weight standards be lifted also?  That's discriminatory.  Just asking............

I think it should depend on the situation. Obviously you don't want obese people in the infantry, but I am sure there are jobs that could be done by obese people. I have also heard of people being too muscular for the military. They have little body fat, but they are still too heavy or big to meet the standards. This seems counter productive to me.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2009, 02:13:07 AM »
Weight standards are already by the wayside.  They choose to ignore their own regulations when it suits them.  Preacher I was young once too and thought I knew everything about everything.  Then I grew up too.  You know nothing of the military or the infantry for that matter.  You have only preconceived conceptions.  I was in the infantry part of my carreer.  Crazy people are not needed there.  What is needed is a complete team.  Each member depending 100% on the other.  Regardless of the PC comments, it is difficult for many infantrymen to come to terms with having a homosexual in their midst.  A loss of trust and the team falls apart.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2009, 02:17:24 AM »

I think it should depend on the situation. Obviously you don't want obese people in the infantry, but I am sure there are jobs that could be done by obese people. I have also heard of people being too muscular for the military. They have little body fat, but they are still too heavy or big to meet the standards. This seems counter productive to me.
It's not just overweight.... Had the Doctor not allowed me to weigh in with all my clothes, winter coat, boots and pocketbook, I would not have made the weight requirement!  Nice Doctor!
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 02:26:14 AM »
I think if a person assumes that troops will have the same privacy and luxuries as afforded to them on Fort Leonard Wood, they're mistaken.  During my first 10 years in the USMC we had no privacy.  In most deployable units, people eat, breath, piss, and sleep in close proximity 24/7 365.  I'm sure the Army is quite similar as outlined above.
I just don't think this policy would fit well under these conditions.

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 02:30:24 AM »
matrsnot even stated in better...........

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 02:31:04 AM »
nope again preach, the military has standards that all have to meet and maintain. The marines, for example. all marines have to qualify on the m-16. officers on down.
there are physical requirements for certain jobs because the jobs are strenuous,these are above the minimum standards. there are no jobs designed for people that don't meet minimum standards

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 03:15:09 AM »
You know nothing of the military or the infantry for that matter.  You have only preconceived conceptions.  I was in the infantry part of my carreer.  Crazy people are not needed there.

You can't BS a BS'er. The infantry is full of nutty people. I have hung out with enough people in the infantry to know that. Since you were in the infantry, how about telling us what it was like going to a bar with all of your infantry buddies outside an infantry base(campbell, benning, bragg)? It's a much different experience than going to a bar at a pogue(POG: Person Other than Grunt) post(Leonard Wood). It's different because infantry people are generally a little crazy. Some are proud to be crazy, they are called Marines.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 03:34:59 AM »
nope again preach, the military has standards that all have to meet and maintain. The marines, for example. all marines have to qualify on the m-16. officers on down.
there are physical requirements for certain jobs because the jobs are strenuous,these are above the minimum standards. there are no jobs designed for people that don't meet minimum standards

The physical requirements should be different for someone in the infantry and someone in supply. Not all jobs are in the field. Paperwork has to be done too. I just think it is crazy to kick out a career soldier after 15 years for being eight pounds overweight. Certainly they could have found something he could have done.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 01:29:57 PM »
In the end, ALL soldiers may have to be in the infantry.  They are taught to shoot and fight.  Preacher, you seem to think being in the infantry is all about going to bars and fights.  It is not.  those guys let off steam when they get away from the constant training is all.  Not sure what you deem "crazy" either.  The Army is not inflexible, but there are standards to be met.    the only place I ever had a problem was with "dual" standards for men and women. in the PT test.  You really should not go after something about which you do not know or have not lived when it comes to this subject.  As far as AR 600-9 goes (Weight Control), try coming to the post sometime and look at all the fatties they have running around.  This regulation is not currently being enforced as far as I can see.  Just Saying.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 01:43:38 PM »
In the end, ALL soldiers may have to be in the infantry.  They are taught to shoot and fight.  Preacher, you seem to think being in the infantry is all about going to bars and fights.  It is not.  those guys let off steam when they get away from the constant training is all.  Not sure what you deem "crazy" either.  The Army is not inflexible, but there are standards to be met.    the only place I ever had a problem was with "dual" standards for men and women. in the PT test.  You really should not go after something about which you do not know or have not lived when it comes to this subject.  Just Saying.

Yeah. I understand now. The only way to know the military is to have actually been in it. Brilliant. You couldn't possibly fathom the military life by just spending your ENTIRE life in or around military bases. You couldn't possibly know anything about the military by having a father that was in the military practically your whole life. We all know how easy it is for parents to leave that military life at work. It wouldn't at all bleed out on their children. Drill sargeants never ever bring that mentality home with them. Never. Being the child of a soldier is just like being the child of a civilian. We don't know jack about nothing.

So does that go for military wives too? If military brats aren't allowed to have opinions about the military, are the wives of soldiers allowed to?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 02:01:40 PM »
Preacher, you seem to think being in the infantry is all about going to bars and fights.  It is not.  those guys let off steam when they get away from the constant training is all.  Not sure what you deem "crazy" either.

Maybe the reason I seem to think it is because that is what they would lead you to believe. Since you were in the infantry, you had to have had friends who liked to fight. Friends that decided even before leaving the house that they were going to fight someone at the bar.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not condemning it at all. We need people like that in the infantry, and people like that need to fight a lot. The locals who go to bars that have a lot of infantry guys at them take the risk of getting beat up. They are locals, they should know better. If they get beat up at a bar full of infantry, they deserve it. They should have left right away. Especially when the sh*t hit the fan. You don't want to be the four locals in the bar fighting twenty soldiers. You start out fighting a couple, but then the rest jump in instinctively. If you aren't in the military, and at a bar full of military guys; if you ever hear someone yell "Ranger Down", you might want to vacate the area swiftly. You really don't want to get caught up in that mess.

You don't have to worry about that crap happening in this town. This is a pogue(POG:Person Other than Grunt) post. You generally don't have to worry about fighting all the military in the bar. There just isn't that kind of military camraderie at POG posts. Guys here don't just jump into fights because another military guy is in one. They generally only jump into fights for people they personally know. I like this post. Just wish the town was a little bigger.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 02:13:30 PM »
What does "POG" mean?

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2009, 02:17:45 PM »
What does "POG" mean?

POG- Person Other than Grunt...pronounced pogue.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »
Thanks

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 02:21:48 PM »
Thanks

No problem. I probably should have clarified it to begin with. I forget that not all the people on here have been affiliated with the military or people in the military.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 02:25:38 PM »
I've heard the term used when spelled out, but never abbreviated as such.