Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Corporate and Republican Manufacturing of Dissent: Lies Lies and More Lies  (Read 1212 times)

Offline What_The?

• View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

On Wednesday night, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow named names and called out Republican operatives and organizations that are “generating exploitative, manufactured, strategically deployed outrage” to benefit their corporate clientele. These political consultants and big-money backers are selling “crazy, disprovable, but nevertheless endlessly stoked conspiracy theories that health care reform is communism, that it’s a secret plot to kill your grandpa, that it’s a government takeover, it’s something called Obama-care. It’s going to mandate abortions. It’s going to mandate sex change operations.”

She added: “I would make up something that could be the next crazy thing, but everything I could think of that is that crazy has already been actually used by these people.”
(Health reform, Maddow went on to say, is of course not a plot to kill old people.The GOP has claimed it is, pointing to a measure that would cover the cost of making a living will — even though that measure was proposed by a Republican.)

The centerpiece of Maddow’s shot at the so-called healthcare “mobs” was an examination of a Web site promoting protests during the congressional recess through August.
The site — recessrally.com — features a list of sponsoring groups that include familiar names in conservative spheres, such as Michelle Malkin and the Red State blog. But it also includes a number of vaguely-named organizations like “Freedom Works,” “American Majority” and “The Sam Adams Society.”

At time of this writing, recessrally.com and the site that appears to host some of its digital assets — americanlibertytour.com — were offline. In Google’s cache of both sites (1, 2), neither provides image assets and it was not immediately apparent as to why. Recess Rally’s Facebook page illustrates their ties to the tax day tea parties and advertises anti-health protests outside every congressman’s office on August 22.

And just who are behind these groups?

“The executive director of American Majority’s Minnesota office — ko’inky dink — regional field director for Bush-Cheney ‘04,” began Maddow. “Executive director of their Kansas office would be a former Republican state legislator; executive director of their Oklahoma office, a former Washington, D.C. conservative lobbyist — you know, just your average middle-class Americans.”

Another ‘Recess Rally’ sponsor is The Sam Adams Society, run by “the former executive director of the Illinois State Republican Party,” said Maddow. “Sam Adams Alliance is also led by a former Dow Chemicals engineer who’s also president of the nation’s largest conservative state-level policy think tank…”

Finally, and what Maddow called “the most illustrative of all,” is Americans for Prosperity, run by Art Pope.

“Art Pope. Art Pope,” she said. “Why does that name sound familiar? Oh, right! That’s the headquarters of the North Carolina Republican Party. That building is named after Art Pope because Art Pope is a multi-millionaire far-right activist who’s given the Republican Party in North Carolina so much money over the years that they could think of no grander gesture than to name their headquarters building after him.”

After all, they’re just “average, middle-class Americans” much like yourself, Maddow concluded with a smirk.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline fish

• View Profile
rachel maddow? LOL LOL

no mention of move on? they didn't interfere with any campaigns?

people are speaking out,whether the dems like it or not. the one's speaking out are reading what the dems say they don't have time to read.

Matrsnot posted a partial list of things in nobama's healthcare scheme, many people are seeing the devil in the details and the dems want to squash any attempt made to get the truth out.

Offline fish

• View Profile
more renegade protesters?

Church will have no part in health care that destroys life, New York archbishop insists
cna ^ | August 6, 2009

Phoenix, Ariz., Aug 6, 2009 / 02:52 pm (CNA).- “Health care reform is a good thing,” New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan told CNA on Wednesday during in interview in Phoenix, Arizona. However, if it “leads to the destruction of life, then we say it’s no longer health care at all - it’s unhealthy care and we can’t be part of that.”

Responding to a question about the Catholic Church’s view health care reform, Archbishop Dolan explained to CNA that the Church regards health care reform as a good thing. “The Catholic Church has been saying that for a long time,” he explained, adding that because of our human dignity, “means that one has access to quality affordable first rate health care.”

Speaking directly to President Obama’s current initiative to reform health care, the archbishop said that “in principle” the Church says, “bravo!”

“That having been said, the devil is in the details,” he warned. While the Church agrees on the “what,” namely, “on the reform and renewed, reinvigorated health care,” it has some things to say on how it is carried out.

The Archbishop of New York explained that the first thing that needs to be said is that “every health care system exists only to serve human life, not the other way around.”

“Human life is not some commodity, some customer, some cog that is at the service of a bigger system or some bureaucratic network,” but rather, it is “the end in itself and health care is how it is protected."

If health care begins to lead to the “destruction of human life” through avenues such as abortion, end of life care, or the discarding human embryos, then “we say it’s no longer health care at all.

“It’s unhealthy care and we can’t be part of that,” Archbishop Dolan stated.

While some people question the Church’s involvement in the debate surrounding health care reform, Dolan insisted that the Church should have a voice in the health care debate “because nearly one out of every five patients in the United States who is in a hospital is under the embrace of the Church in a Catholic health care network.”

“So please listen to us because we’ve been in this business a heck of a long time,” he said recalling that members of the Catholic Church were the ones who “opened up the first clinics, hospitals and health care networks.”

“Don’t exclude us now because you might be uncomfortable with the very values that gave rise to this magnificent network,” he urged.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
rachel maddow? LOL LOL

no mention of move on? they didn't interfere with any campaigns?

people are speaking out,whether the dems like it or not. the one's speaking out are reading what the dems say they don't have time to read.

Matrsnot posted a partial list of things in nobama's healthcare scheme, many people are seeing the devil in the details and the dems want to squash any attempt made to get the truth out.
TokyoSnot posted Drivel and is the last person i would get info from concerning health care reform which he knows absolutly nothing about

Offline fish

• View Profile
so you would have no problem signing up for government run healthcare?

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
so you would have no problem signing up for government run healthcare?
  I have healthcare at the moment.  But the millions out there who do not have any type of heath insurance must be elated knowing that they may soon be able to get treatments for issues which may easily save there life or improve the quality of.    what is wrong with that TokyoFish?

Offline fish

• View Profile
healthcare and health insurance are not the same thing. I would support a health insurance proposal. insurance is for the unexpected. when someone has a heart attack, cancer,dibilitating disease, it can bankrupt them. that is what insurance is for. just like car insurance,in case their is an accident. car insurance doesn't pay for preventive maintenance, juat as health insurance should not. the first step in making healthcare more affordable is to lower healthcare costs. has there been any hearings on capitol hill like the auto maker ceos, or big oil ceos? no. the healthcare bill is not about healthcare, it is about controlling us. read the bill, or at least those items mentioned that show what will happen if the bill passes. there has been legislation introduced to exempt military retirees and allow them to keep tricare. as of now if the bill passes,goodbye tricare.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
  I have healthcare at the moment.  But the millions out there who do not have any type of heath insurance must be elated knowing that they may soon be able to get treatments for issues which may easily save there life or improve the quality of.    what is wrong with that TokyoFish?
TokyoSnot posted Drivel and is the last person i would get info from concerning health care reform which he knows absolutly nothing about

Then read the bill.

http://brainshavings.com/2009/07/text-of-us-houses-obamacare-bi.html