Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Missouri's shame!  (Read 2137 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Missouri's shame!
« on: February 07, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I'm embarrassed to be a Missourian today! Our constitutional right to vote has been stripped away from us. We now have to depend on 56 yet to be named crooks to do our voting for us. Sad day for Missouri. What is democratic about this? Shame on you governor and all other state politicians! I voted for RON PAUL this morning. And you crooks spent 7 million dollars of our tax money so it wouldn't count! HERE MY VOICE!

Missouri will hold a primary tomorrow that is not recognized as being a part of any delegate allocation or selection process. A precinct caucus will be held on 3/17/2012 to begin the process of choosing their 52 delegates which will be chosen at district conventions on April 21, 2012, and a state convention on June 2, 2012. Candidates for delegate must state a presidential preference at the time of nomination and will be bound to support that candidate for one ballot at the national convention.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
Re: Missouri's shame!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 03:10:24 PM »
 There will be 960,000 tax paying voters turn out to vote in an election that doesn't count today. My proposal is as follows: These voters should split the 7 million tax dollars that were wasted on this farce! My share is about $7290.00 Please send my check as soon as possible.
                                       Sincerely,  Mark Harpstrite
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 04:53:22 PM »
there will be caucus's held for missouri and other states later. the vote can influence the delegates awarded. that is the process and it is not new. but there are other issues on the ballot, such as employers being required toi verify employees are us citizens. I am not a missourian, I am a US citizen. but you are welcome to move to where you are not embarrassed to live at.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 05:56:13 PM »
The frustration is that the caucus is not bound by our votes.  And most of those votes will be centered around the large cities (read Liberal)

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »
It is a waste of money and time to have on the ballot. Fish, do you live in Missouri?

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 06:37:08 PM »
Mark, I'm embarrassed that you are a Missourian too. See i do agree with some stuff you say. This is not the governorís fault or any other elected politician.  It the fault of GOP. Late last year the Missouri Republican Party voted to abandon the Feb. 7 primary. The Missouri Republican Party chose to implement a county caucus for selecting a nominee. The party decided to turn their regular primary into a non-binding primary. The voters would still be allowed to vote on Feb. 7. The vote would be a non-binding caucus of voters. This caucus would effectively reduce the amount of voters voting.  The Missouri Republican Party only voted to change the primary date to mid-March after the National GOP rules changed. The new rules stated that the GOP only wanted certain states to be a part of the early primaries. 

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 06:58:12 PM »
Mark, I'm embarrassed that you are a Missourian too. See i do agree with some stuff you say. This is not the governor’s fault or any other elected politician.  It the fault of GOP. Late last year the Missouri Republican Party voted to abandon the Feb. 7 primary. The Missouri Republican Party chose to implement a county caucus for selecting a nominee. The party decided to turn their regular primary into a non-binding primary. The voters would still be allowed to vote on Feb. 7. The vote would be a non-binding caucus of voters. This caucus would effectively reduce the amount of voters voting.  The Missouri Republican Party only voted to change the primary date to mid-March after the National GOP rules changed. The new rules stated that the GOP only wanted certain states to be a part of the early primaries. 
So why did they spend 7 million tax dollars again????
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 08:36:09 PM »
There was other stuff on the ballot.  The GOP made it a non binding vote.  Could you please post a site where you got the 7 million dollar figure. I would like to read it. I believe you that it cost that much but I would be curious as to why myself. If it was 7 million for that one ballot item, where do I get printing press?

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
It is also a state law that the primary be held on Feb 7, and, whatever happened in Jefferson City, they didnt get that law repealed, so by law it was held even though it is not binding.  But i also believe that depending on how the voters vote would impact the caucus.  On a side note, Newt wasnt on the ballot and 3 people on the ballot are no longer in the race.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 10:11:20 PM »
 Sounds to me like a bunch of crooks found or bribed 52 more crooks to be Missouri's delegates And they don't want the voters to to have any say in the matter!  "Oops we missed the deadline and now we have to spend 7 million on a primary that doesn't count"? Yes I know you can use political "pig latin" to try and explain it. Truth is we got screwed!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 10:57:57 PM »
Chas, this was the result of Missouri (primarily Republicans) changing the date of our primary into February.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 12:11:33 AM »
Yes this was a waste of time and money, but only for the republicans. The Secretary of State's office said the primary will cost Missouri taxpayers $7 million for what will be a non-binding vote on the Republican side. The Democratic results will count, but President Barack Obama is the only well-known candidate on the ballot. http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/01/30/missouri-primary-next-week/ How screwed up is this. To bad our MO reps. Wouldn't do anything about this except cost us 7 million dollars.  The article stated that the governor veto this bill because of other provisions in the bill. If the LAZY bat rastards in all of the states and national houses and senates would do their jobs they could vote on one thing at a time. Instead of adding riders and pork to bills. The very least they could  do is group bills. If you have a bill about elections then you can't add anything except for stuff about elections.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 01:46:16 PM »
 Told you it was fixed! Did anyone really vote for Rick Santorum?
http://www.ky3.com/news/elections/
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »
Your just mad because that nut case ron paul didnt get more votes

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »
Ron Paul now that it is a waste of time and money.  Can you say snowball chance in hell