Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Rodeo in Crocker forced to not sell beer.  (Read 9545 times)

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Re: Rodeo in Crocker forced to not sell beer.
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 04:16:41 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

when you google afra rodeo this is what it says on the front page  NOTICE: Per the AFRA rule book there is NO ALCOHOL allowed at any of our sanctioned events. Please see the rule book for complete details and consequences that will be enforced. http://americanfamilyrodeo.com/  but if you read the rule " per the AFRA rule book.. page 8 line 31 this is what it says 31. After a formal hearing presented to the AFRA Board, any stock contractor, judge, employee, director, AFRA personnel, members or appointed helper found guilty of being physically or verbally abusive to any AFRA members, abusive to any stock, consuming or distributing alcohol or drugs on the rodeo grounds may be fined $100.00 for the first offense and any further offense will be taken before the Board of Directors with the possibility of losing sanctioning and/or being banned from the association depending on the offense.
It only deals with AFRA association members and has nothing to do with a vendor at the venue,,,,those complaining had make copys of the front page and passed them out around town. did not copy the actual rule
a few of the complainers did show up

John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 04:23:53 AM »

Kevin Ware

This is in reference to the Crocker Community Park and the rodeo to be held this weekend. Community is defined in Merriam-Webster's dictionary as "A unified body of individuals". Somewhere along the way, we have lost sight of what a community truly is. Each individual is entitled and encouraged to have their own personal beliefs and should feel free to express them in such a way that does not become a detriment to their community. The beer garden was not something that the park board took lightly in any respect. The topic was discussed and debated in several publicly open meetings, legal research was done, the ethical implications were raised. All parties involved (AFRA, City Council, City Attorneys, Crocker Police Department, and the stock contractor) were all informed and gave approval before the matter was even put to a vote. Not all board members agreed at first, but after much deliberation, not coercion, we voted unanimously to approve. The beer garden was not implemented simply to promote a party atmosphere, but we saw it as an opportunity to raise a significant amount of money, every cent to be applied toward the repair of the playground equipment. We understand that the rodeo is a family event. Every member has a family in this community and many of us have small children. We would in no way, shape or form have a family event that we could not feel 100% comfortable that our family would be safe to attend. In order to maintain this family atmosphere the beer garden was to be in a location segregated from the arena. This area would have been roped off and no beverages were to leave this area. There would have been a significant police presence to eliminate underage drinking and unruly conduct. It is my and only my suspicion that the people who led the charge against this did not understand how seriously we took putting a beer garden in the park. We were fully prepared for resistance from a portion of the community but naively assumed that it would be done civilly. Instead, myself and several other members of the park board were subjected to a multitude of phone calls while we were at work. This may be acceptable to some, but as person who has volunteered countless hours of my time and effort to the improvement of our community, I found it in very poor taste. We are volunteers who have given our time, at the expense of our own families, for each and every one of you. We give freely to our community and ask little in return. Respect and support. Calls were also made to AFRA forcing them to threaten to cancel the rodeo entirely if the beer garden was not removed. This would have resulted in no money raised and a loss of income for the stock contractor. We were regrettably forced to comply with the wants of the few. I apologize on behalf of my fellow park board members if any person has been offended by any of the comments made but please understand our frustration and forgive us if we seem bitter. The people opposed to the beer garden should feel free to raise concerns and voice opinions at each and every park board meeting. As stated above, this was heavily debated over several months. We have meetings the first Monday of every month at 6:30 pm in the saddle club building at the park. Our agendas are posted and all members of the community are encouraged to attend. These meetings are the time and place to handle these issues. If you are unable to attend these meetings, there is a Crocker Community Park facebook page where we welcome your input. We would like to thank all of you for your continued support and encouragement. Lets not lose sight of what a community is..."A UNIFIED body of individuals". Come to the rodeo and help us improve our community.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 04:24:54 AM »
I was just told the event went well tonight. They are expecting even better tommorow night.. Go support it..

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 04:33:19 AM »
I was just told the event went well tonight. They are expecting even better tommorow night.. Go support it..
It did go well...i honestly can say i have never seen the park full of that many vehicles and stock trailers.
the Nacho's i had would of washed down better with a bud light tho

Offline whatsnew

• I love coffee
  • I must have coffee or I am very grouchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 01:33:26 PM »
what pi$$es me off anbout Pat Ruckman is she accepted a scholarship for her daughters college from VFW... hello...THEY SELL BEER!!!! can you say hypocrite... maybe Ruckmans don't need Crockers money... go rent storage sheds from the Currys and get your heating and cooling from Crawfords... wouldn't want any beer drinkers supporting them now would we??? (((**&^^%
And Angela and Bill Medlen? ??? is this for real? ??? ??? ??
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
Thats why they call it the present

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2012, 12:43:52 PM »
The rodeo Friday night was great.  And the beers that I bought at the gas station on the way in were still nice & frosty when I passed them out to some of the hard working folks there that night.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline oneandoneonly

• Don't like me? I really don't care!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »
I heard that turnout better than expected for both nights. Is there any truth to that?

To all the 'beer' fans, that would sure be a BIG blow...

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2012, 03:59:38 PM »
I heard that turnout better than expected for both nights. Is there any truth to that?

To all the 'beer' fans, that would sure be a BIG blow...

It's not a BIG BLOW... the beer tent would have brought in ADDITIONAL funds... There's no way to recoup the funds that were lost by not having the beer tent...
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline fireman_jeff

• Common sense isn't so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2012, 04:32:41 PM »
I have a question.... How much money did the park board lose in their deposit alone? I know for something like that there would have to have been a deposit placed. I wouldn't imagine it would be small.
1*

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 02:17:12 AM »
I have a question.... How much money did the park board lose in their deposit alone? I know for something like that there would have to have been a deposit placed. I wouldn't imagine it would be small.
i think they were just out the up front fees for the license...being a non profit event they only had to pay for each keg as it was opened...any left over beer in the keg would of just made for a nice "clean up the trash" event the next day :)

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 12:22:14 PM »
I did hear that the churches that these people belong to were willing to make a donation to the cause, and that some were more generous than others... but I'm not sure where that info came from other than someone who was working the rodeo.