Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Rodeo in Crocker forced to not sell beer.  (Read 9535 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Rodeo in Crocker forced to not sell beer.
« on: July 27, 2012, 03:16:35 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Justin Smith ATTENTION CROCKER AND SURROUNDING AREAS AGAIN; Due to the MINORITY of people being upset that we were going to sell beer at our Rodeo in Crocker. We were forced to CANCEL THE BEER GARDEN. Let me explain, the few people who were upset got lawyers involved and basically forced us to shut it down, or the stock contractor, Mr. Bob Kasper, would suffer the consquences of losing money. I can not justify making someone else, trying to earn a living, to lose out because of a few hipocrits in my town. I do, however, ask that everyone still please attend the Rodeo as all proceeds will go to repair the playground equipment. I apologize that I could not win this battle for my community, but, I assure you the war is not over. So again, please attend and plan on eating dinner with us at the park. We will still have our concession stand open and that will be, now, our only source of income. I also want to thank all that have supported our efforts to improve our community.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rodeo in Crocker forced to not sell beer.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 03:19:04 AM »
He claims the oposition was. Pat Ruckman, Angela & Bill Medlen, Richard Harris (pastor of the Amazing Grace church), Larry Richardson (pastor of the Crocker Christian Church) Kenny & Sherry Moore. And a few others who wouldn't give their names.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:54:55 AM »
what a joke....makes me sad this town is my home.  Pat was the 1st to go running into city hall throwing a fit and she dont even live in city limits.
John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 04:15:45 AM »
Ted W. Helms This really upsets me. I have started to write several things on here that would not have been appropriate for me to write. Forgive me for that, but I guess all I will say is that I am ashamed and sorry this happened, and I ask the Lord to forgive those who imposed their will on others. Time for me to shut up now.18 minutes ago Edited LikeUnlike 1
  • Justin Smith Thanks for your support Ted W. Helms! At least i know their is one person of faith who actually gets it!17 minutes ago LikeUnlike 2
  • Ted W. Helms I wonder if those who opposed this have ever attended a Cardinals game, a chiefs game or a hockey game. If they do, when asked to pass the beer down to the middle of the row, what do they do? Do they walk around the vending section of the stadium to get to their seats. I ask if they have a church member who was in a bar would they go in and talk with that person to offer support and to get them to come home to their children? I would certainly hope they would. I have done that in the past. I am not for drinking, but I am not here on earth to condemn those who do either. We are talking about an event to better our park for our children and their families, a one time event. They should have joined the park board and voiced their opposition at the meeting instead of stopping the event the day before with all the advertising that went out. I can think of other things in our communities that need to be addressed other than a beer garden. How about the scurge of drugs like meth and heroin in our community. Why is there not a public outcry about that. I am done here, sorry for my outburst.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 04:32:21 AM »
what a joke....makes me sad this town is my home.  Pat was the 1st to go running into city hall throwing a fit and she dont even live in city limits.
Next time have a wine tasting event and you will see all the whiners there sucking down wine and cheese :anger:
Being as hot as it is and NO beer is inhumane!!

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 12:20:54 PM »
It is fast becoming a norm in this country.  The minority rules over all.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 12:36:44 PM »
f**k em!
Every damn one of them had better be holding a position within the city, to improve their city.  If not, they can shut their mouths and preach whatever hypocritical crap they want to spew on Sundays.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 12:58:23 PM »
tell me religious nuts dont rule. i think they should have the beer garden and deal with the lawyer later.

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 01:48:18 PM »
well maybe some of those so called Holly rollers will donate some of their time and money to help rebuild the park, after all they are sucking the money out of the locals and not paying taxes, so that is the least they can do.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 02:13:24 PM »
New American Standard Bible 1 Timothy 5:23
No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.

Beer is 100% natural, no additives, no preservatives. a couple hydrate you faster than water. It's got to be good for you.

It is obvious these so called church leaders don't know their bible.

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 05:28:32 PM »
Did the organizers have the required permits to have the beer garden?  If so they should go ahead and have it, if not then it should not be allowed and a lesson learned for their next event.

If they had the permits what exactly was threatened to get them to chnge the plans?

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »
Just another one of those contradictions of the bible.  However most of the stuff in the bible says not to get drunk. Sounds like a bunch of self-rightous SOBS got a lawyer so they had to back down. it is Christians like thes that make me question all Christians.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »
The churches should have to make up the difference or stay out of it and stick to saving souls. Those that would not give their names should be known as Cowards for Christ.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 05:39:28 PM »
Did the organizers have the required permits to have the beer garden?  If so they should go ahead and have it, if not then it should not be allowed and a lesson learned for their next event.

If they had the permits what exactly was threatened to get them to chnge the plans?
They did have the permits and Justin had mentioned the the Mayor was going to help run the tent.  I guess he just did not get permission from Pat Ruckman  (((**&^^%

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 05:47:37 PM »
no contradiction at all. the bible clearly states God says it is good to drink wine. beer was around then too. No condoning of drunkedness though.

those so called church leaders should be billed for any costs they caused the people setting this up.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 05:48:42 PM »
I'm thinking that people can withstand a few hours without beer.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 05:55:56 PM »
it isn't the main draw, just an option for those of legal age.

an ice cold beer is mighty refreshing on a hot day. so is iced tea and soda but I am guessing permits may not be needed for those.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 06:01:07 PM »
I'm thinking that people can withstand a few hours without beer.

As a non-beer drinker, I agree.  However, you are missing the point.  The beer tent was to be a well regulated, well organized, FUND RAISER for the children of Crocker.  Those who think they know what's best for others have now taken that fund raiser away.  If they want to "do the right thing" then THEY need to donate funds to the park board to offset the loss of the beer tent.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 06:02:37 PM »
so what was the threat that caused the beer garden to be dropped?

They did have the permits and Justin had mentioned the the Mayor was going to help run the tent.  I guess he just did not get permission from Pat Ruckman  (((**&^^%

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 06:12:41 PM »
   I have not heard specificly from anyone other then what justin had wrote..  "We were forced to CANCEL THE BEER GARDEN. Let me explain, the few people who were upset got lawyers involved and basically forced us to shut it down, or the stock contractor, Mr. Bob Kasper, would suffer the consquences of losing money. I can not justify making someone else, trying to earn a living, to lose out because of a few hipocrits in my town."
I wondered if they directed anything toward AFRA? 

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 06:29:10 PM »
It seems to me that something is being left out of this story, it all the required permits were obtained how were a few people and their lawyers going to cause anyone to lose money.

I have not heard specificly from anyone other then what justin had wrote..  "We were forced to CANCEL THE BEER GARDEN. Let me explain, the few people who were upset got lawyers involved and basically forced us to shut it down, or the stock contractor, Mr. Bob Kasper, would suffer the consquences of losing money. I can not justify making someone else, trying to earn a living, to lose out because of a few hipocrits in my town."
I wondered if they directed anything toward AFRA?

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »
It is not the point that people can stand a few hours without beer. It is that few got a lawyer and forced the shut down. The sorry SOBs

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 08:26:03 PM »
ROFL....Bird.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 08:53:23 PM »
I swear I should make that county asshole list I been debating for years.. Only think keeping me from it is deciding wether I belong on it or not.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 09:08:53 PM »
As a non-beer drinker, I agree.  However, you are missing the point.  The beer tent was to be a well regulated, well organized, FUND RAISER for the children of Crocker.  Those who think they know what's best for others have now taken that fund raiser away.  If they want to "do the right thing" then THEY need to donate funds to the park board to offset the loss of the beer tent.
Damn you Timmy... Don't do that to me,...As a non-beer drinker, I spit,Sh*t coughed and choked on that statment  :wink1a:

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
Just more do gooders driving good people away from the church. They get angrier every time the donations go down.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 09:32:40 PM »
Damn you Timmy... Don't do that to me,...As a non-beer drinker, I spit,Sh*t coughed and choked on that statment  :wink1a:

lol
It's true... Gave up beer around 06ish & hard liquor last year... I still have a beer every year on Pop's Ride and the occasional shot in memory of someone, but my drinkin days are behind me if I want to stay vertical....

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 10:16:38 PM »
lol
It's true... Gave up beer around 06ish & hard liquor last year... I still have a beer every year on Pop's Ride and the occasional shot in memory of someone, but my drinkin days are behind me if I want to stay vertical....
You make me so proud young fellow!!  :th_gen129:
Now if I could just get you to stop chasing women.....OH crap what am I saying....never mind :wink1a:

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 03:51:45 AM »

from Justin Smith... They actually threatened to sue the AFRA Rodeo for "false advertisement" on their website. I had full support of the AFRA and the stock contractor Bob Kasper. I just could not justify them losing money. I truly hope everyone comes out and supports us. We need all the help we can get.

It states on all AFRA Rodeo paperwork that there is not to be any alcohol at any of there showings BUT Justin and others talked to them and got the go ahead to have a beer garden, so all the complainers said if they have it they were going to sue AFRA for false advertisement.   

It is just stupid because these older people that are complaining have no kids that play in the park and could careless about the town !!!! It is people like them is why Crocker has NOTHING for kids to do, because they want it to be a complete retirement village. I can say I don't see any of the complainers going to the rodeo and i think that the people who live out of town and want to complain should shut their faces...I know for a fact that people like Pat Ruckman think they can rule everyone, I found that out 1 year when the river flooded 1 time down by her daughters place and she went to the county shed DEMANDING they do something to get her daughter out and make the river go down. HAHA People like that are a joke. But everyone can thank people like her because as long as they think they have a say Crocker will never have anything...it is time for a change.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does