Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: One of the most brilliant pieces of provocations in recent years.  (Read 2987 times)

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Be sure to read the bar names at the end!!!!!!!!! 
One of the most brilliant pieces of provocations in recent years.

Greg Gutfield from Fox News’ Red Eye announced today via his blog that he is actively speaking to investors and plans on opening a gay bar next to the controversial mosque being built near Ground Zero in New York. To make matters worse (better?) the bar will be specifically designed to cater to homosexuals of the Islamic faith. God, this is going to be an exciting block.

Here’s Gutfield’s entire post which he will expand upon during tonight’s Red Eye:
“So, the Muslim investors championing the construction of the new mosque near Ground Zero claim it’s all about strengthening the relationship between the Muslim and non-Muslim world.
As an American, I believe they have every right to build the mosque – after all, if they buy the land and they follow the law – who can stop them?
Which is, why, in the spirit of outreach, I’ve decided to do the same thing.
I’m announcing tonight, that I am planning to build and open the first gay bar that caters not only to the west, but also Islamic gay men. To best express my sincere desire for dialogue, the bar will be situated next to the mosque Park51, in an available commercial space.
This is not a joke. I’ve already spoken to a number of investors, who have pledged their support in this bipartisan bid for understanding and tolerance.
As you know, the Muslim faith doesn’t look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I’m building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world.
The goal, however, is not simply to open a typical gay bar, but one friendly to men of Islamic faith. An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith. The bar will be open all day and night, to accommodate men who would rather keep their sexuality under wraps – but still want to dance.

Bottom line: I hope that the mosque owners will be as open to the bar, as I am to the new mosque. After all, the belief driving them to open up their center near Ground Zero, is no different than mine.

My place, however, will have better music.”
[/t][/t]

Among the names suggested have been:
  • Turban Cowboys 
  • Suspicious Packages 
  • Submission 
  • Outfidels 
  • Brokeback Mecca 
  • Trčs Sheik 
  • Infidelicious 
  • Shake your Shi'a 
  • The Camel's Hump 
  • Allah's Closet 
  • The Pink Crescent 
  • The Queeran 
  • JiHot! 
  • The Sphinx's Sphincter 
  • Ram-a-Dan 
  • Turbinatrix 
  • Lady Agha 
  • Al-Gay-Da 
  • Religion of Piece 
  • Allah Cock Bar 
  • Yassir, That's My  Booty 
  • I-Slam 
  • Homohammed's 
  • The Ba'ath House 
  • House of Saudomy 
  • The Circle Turk 
  • You Mecca Me Hot 
  • The Lonesome Camel 
  • Mecca and My Weena 
  • We Put the Ass in Madrassa 
  • Sandjobs 
  • Osama's Been Ridden 
  • The  Holy City of  Me-Cum 
  • I Dream of Weenie 
  • Talibuns
http://www.dailygut.com:80/?i=4696[/t][/t]
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
Re: One of the most brilliant pieces of provocations in recent years.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 05:48:29 AM »
Is this for real? Im no advocate of gay rights, but then again Im no more tolerant of Muslims, so I hope to hell this is real.
Biscuit

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 12:45:11 PM »
Is this for real? Im no advocate of gay rights, but then again Im no more tolerant of Muslims, so I hope to hell this is real.

Careful.  They want to make it a hate crime now to speak out against the Muslims.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/24/criticizing-islam-harvard-professor-pc-war/?test=latestnews

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 02:04:35 PM »
When do we get a law for "hate crimes against Americans?"

If there was one, the president of Iran would be in jail right now.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 03:13:29 AM »
I think he is for real, stay up late and watch the red eye. Only on fox. That alone pisses some folks.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 01:56:12 PM »
Careful.  They want to make it a hate crime now to speak out against the Muslims.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/24/criticizing-islam-harvard-professor-pc-war/?test=latestnews

.... it's funny..  people say the liberals are "niave" about things, but conservatives are more prone to believing and repeating lies that come from thier own flock...

matrsnot, the statement you made and the article you linked to do not mesh together..  you either misunderstood what that article was about or you have purposely misrepresented the story...   fake outrage once again..  people are "publicly lambasted for their statements" every day and over such a long list of topics thats its not even worth counting... for a conservative "analyst" to conclude that the students and staff of harvard university protesting someone speaking on their campus [who has publicly made hateful statements] is the equivilant of making statements against islam a "hate crime" is preposterous and a clear indication of that individuals willingness to skew anything into fuel to feed their agenda..

We are not stupid. We are not children. Lieing to us in a loud voice is not going to convince me that you are right. The conservative track record of being correct about the things they have been outraged over is a prime example of the intelligence and maturity that is sadly missing from the conservative agenda....

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 02:35:31 PM »
You must be hoping for Sharia Law in this country.

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 03:38:56 PM »
lol        i can see how my being an atheist, a veteran of the iraq war, and a firm believer in equality by law would lead you to believe i secretly hope sharia law becomes the law of the land in America... 

honestly, i'm more fearful of the christian right and their agenda than I am of radical islam. radical islam threatens my life, where the christian right [the tea party] threaten my constitutional freedoms. i still insist that sharia law is an impossible outcome for this country because of our founding documents.. but with the "success" of the christian right in oppressing the freedoms of our citizens who wish to live their life outside of the biblical teachings of christianity, i fear that you have set a dangerous precedent through which the religious beliefs of the muslim population may indeed oneday threaten my freedoms. thank you christianity... your desire to be the moral code of this country regardless of the constitution has made it possible for the religious ideology from the other side of the world to impose their unconstituional will on us as well...

imagine no religion: the towers would still be standing...    put your faith in science and reason..  science flew us to the moon. religion flies you into buildings...

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 04:00:16 PM »
Your last comment made me laugh.  And you are right.  However, having been in the Iraq war does not necessarily impress me.  Don't know how old you are, but we had another little conflict called Viet Nam.  As for the Constitution, our beloved government is doing the best it can to shred that document.  Freedom of choice is now gone regarding healthcare.  Freedom of Speech is derailed by political correctness fears.  And yes, Bush was even guiltier than O is. Justice is not done if the victims happen to be white.  We have a narcissist in office who placed people in high positions and should not have been there.  Avowed communist Van Jones among them.  O is also an associate of a known terrorist, Ayers.  O also has stated on more than one occasion, he would support Islam and thusfar, he has. I have my own code about how things are and what they should be and I do not impose all my bleiefs on others.  I will express them whenever I want to though.  That includes disagreeing with any and all supporting the agenda and train wreck posed before us now. I have yet to find one good thing this administration has accomplished.

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 04:21:58 PM »
you seem to forget that the republicans have accused Obama of being an enemy of the constitution for over a year now, and they were the first ones to suggest that we start repealing amendments...

i still fail to see how the democratic party or the president are worthy of the fearful sentiments you have..   trying to make us communist AND trying to force sharia law on us?  those two ideologies can not exist at the same time...  these are nothing but false fears shouted by the extreme right in an effort to get voted back into office...

i don't fully support the democratic party, or the president..  but the one thing about this country that I can't stand is how quick people are to latch on to fabricated fears and shout them at the top of their lungs while all the while voting for those who have no intentions of making things better for them...   it's depressingly sad, and i'm afraid you are one of those people..

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 05:13:58 PM »
Be afraid.  Be very afraid then.  I am voting against any federal incumbent I can.  Just because I can.  Because the incumbents are the ones bringing us this mess.  And mostly democrats at that.  remember the dems had congress for two years of the Bush administration too and they are the ones who have put the screws to us.  When tax time comes around perhaps you will understand better.  Honor killings have already been upheld in NY.  Freedom of Religion you know. What is next?  and you ignored the rest of the facts.  known association with terrorists among them.

What you call fear, I call observation.  Big difference.  I hold no fear about these things.  I do observe though and will make them known.   

Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it?   That’s $3,800 on a $100,000 home etc.   When did this happen? It’s in the healthcare bill.
SALES TAX TO GO INTO EFFECT 2013 (Part of HC Bill)
REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

So, this is "change you can believe in"?
Under the new health care bill - did you know that all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax?  The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 (presumably after obama’s re-election).  You can thank Nancy, Harry and Barack and your local Democrat Congressman for this one.  If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax.  This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often
downsize their homes.  Is this Hope & Change great or what?  Does this stuff makes your November and 2012 votes more important?
Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either (result of clandestine midnight voting for huge bills they've never read). AND, there are a few other surprises lurking.

Why am I sending you this?  The same reason I hope you forward this to every single person in your address book.

People have the right to know the truth because an election is coming in November!

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 04:02:55 AM »
imagine no religion: the towers would still be standing...    put your faith in science and reason..  science flew us to the moon. religion flies you into buildings...
[/quote]

This country was founded by religion. Our money says" In god we trust" If that really bothers you even being a vet as you say. Pack your bags and move.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 09:17:53 AM »

This country was founded by religion. Our money says" In god we trust" If that really bothers you even being a vet as you say. Pack your bags and move.

The idea to put "In God We Trust" on money did not come about until 1861....

http://www.ustreas.gov/education/fact-sheets/currency/in-god-we-trust.shtml
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 10:00:56 AM »
ty LB. i would have responded with the same but i'm in a different time zone at the moment...

Pete...   this country was not founded on religion. that is a wishful revisioning of history that has become a very widespread misconception in the past century..

check your constitution..  the first mention of religion is in Article VI, and it says "but no religious test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any office or public trust under the United States"  -  strange that a country founded on religion would not have made it the other way around...

the second instance that could be considered religious is in Article VII - Ratification.  "Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven...."   -  and as you can see, that's not really an affirmation of the religious intentions of our founding fathers. its just how they said things back then.

and the last mention of religion is found in the first amendment: "Congress shall make no laws respecting an establishment of religion"

you would think that the founding fathers would have made it very clear that they were founding a christian country... when in fact they created a nation where religion is a personal choice which shall have no favor in matters of governing the people..  the christian right in this country is trying very hard to change that, and has convinced millions of citizens that this country was christian all along and it has been taken from them. the fact is, this country has slowly become a christian country, and the will of those citizens have jeapordized the equality and liberty promised by law to the rest of our citizens..

and yes. I am a vet. and I swore an oath to DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION from enemies foreign and domestic.  don't insult me by suggesting I find a new place to live because the christian right wishes to impose their dogma on the rest of us through judicial means.. which is as frightening to me as sharia law is to many of you [myself included]

Offline FordGuyu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 01:26:33 PM »
lol        i can see how my being an atheist, a veteran of the iraq war, and a firm believer in equality by law would lead you to believe i secretly hope sharia law becomes the law of the land in America... 

You guys may not agree with him, but I do. I know Iraq doesn't really matter to most people, it's just a long irritating news story that most wish would go away. For me, it opened my eyes.

Iraq was a life changing experience for me, I got to see things first hand, and watch the colored lens of the media distort things I saw with my own eyes. I saw the Sec of Def blatantly lie on national television. I saw people die because the Army didn't think Humvees needed uparmor. I know this doesn't really matter.. it's just history, but it has a large bearing on my political (and life) views.

So, matrsnot, understand that many veterans don't trust the government, in either party, and that doesn't mean that we hope for sharia law, communism, socialism, or anything else. I know you're old enough and smart enough to know all this stuff, but it's pretty offensive to me that you could suggest the guy wants Sharia law just because he disagrees with you.

Offline petersam

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 12:26:12 PM »
Be afraid.  Be very afraid then.  I am voting against any federal incumbent I can.  Just because I can.  Because the incumbents are the ones bringing us this mess.  And mostly democrats at that.  remember the dems had congress for two years of the Bush administration too and they are the ones who have put the screws to us.  When tax time comes around perhaps you will understand better.  Honor killings have already been upheld in NY.  Freedom of Religion you know. What is next?  and you ignored the rest of the facts.  known association with terrorists among them.

What you call fear, I call observation.  Big difference.  I hold no fear about these things.  I do observe though and will make them known.   

Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it?   That’s $3,800 on a $100,000 home etc.   When did this happen? It’s in the healthcare bill.
SALES TAX TO GO INTO EFFECT 2013 (Part of HC Bill)
REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

So, this is "change you can believe in"?
Under the new health care bill - did you know that all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax?  The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 (presumably after obama’s re-election).  You can thank Nancy, Harry and Barack and your local Democrat Congressman for this one.  If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax.  This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often
downsize their homes.  Is this Hope & Change great or what?  Does this stuff makes your November and 2012 votes more important?
Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either (result of clandestine midnight voting for huge bills they've never read). AND, there are a few other surprises lurking.

Why am I sending you this?  The same reason I hope you forward this to every single person in your address book.

People have the right to know the truth because an election is coming in November!

Matrsnot, just wanted to clarify about that little tidbit you posted concerning the real estate tax and the healthcare bill.  Basically, you copied and pasted an email that was going around that's blatantly false.  One would think that at this point you'd be familiar with factcheck.org.

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 01:11:42 PM »
Matrsnot, just wanted to clarify about that little tidbit you posted concerning the real estate tax and the healthcare bill.  Basically, you copied and pasted an email that was going around that's blatantly false.  One would think that at this point you'd be familiar with factcheck.org.

and thats exactly why, after our little back and forth before that particular post, that i decided not to respond to that one.. 

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 02:41:06 PM »
 it is  called the 3.8% Medicare tax. It only takes effect when when you sell your home for a profit above the capital gains threshold 250,000 per individual or 500,000 per coouple then the 3.8 applies to any gain over that.