Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: nobama on a roll  (Read 2940 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
nobama on a roll
« on: June 24, 2011, 12:53:15 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Commander In Chief Misspeaks About Soldier Killed in Afghanistan 
During his remarks to troops at Fort Drum today, the President was reminiscing about the times he has spent with the US Army's 10th Mountain Division, when he got something wrong.

"Throughout my service, first as a senator and then as a presidential candidate and then as a President, I’ve always run into you guys.  And for some reason it’s always in some rough spots.       First time I saw 10th Mountain Division, you guys were in southern Iraq.  When I went back to visit Afghanistan, you guys were the first ones there.  I had the great honor of seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously."

The problem is, Jared Monti was killed in action in Afghanistan, on June 21, 2006.  He was awarded the Medal of Honor posthumously, September 17, 2009.  President Obama handed the framed medal to his parents, Paul and Janet Monti.  He and the First Lady comforted them in the Oval Office following the ceremony.

I contacted the White House to see what happened.  I'm told the President didn't have prepared remarks.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, "“At Fort Drum, the President misspoke when discussing the first Medal of Honor he presented posthumously to Jared Monti, who was a member of the 10th Mountain Division.  The President paid tribute to Monti in his remarks to troops in Afghanistan in March 2010.  Last year, the President presented the Medal of Honor to Salvatore Giunta, who was the first living recipient of the Medal who served in Afghanistan.”

The gaffe comes one day after the President announced his plan to bring troops home from Afghanistan at a faster pace.  He deliberately spoke at Fort Drum because of the 10th Mountain Division's multiple deployments to Afghanistan.

http://blogs.cbn.com/WhiteHouseWrap/archive/2011/06/23/commander-in-chief-misspeaks-about-soldier-killed-in-afghanistan.aspx

Offline fish

• View Profile
Re: nobama on a roll
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 12:54:50 AM »
YOUR GOVERNMENT AT WORK
Afghanistan police get millions in U.S. funding
At same time, White House slashes support for state, local officers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=314145

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 01:02:04 AM »
Political Expediency vs. National Security
"It is a common observation here that our cause is the cause of all mankind, and that we are fighting for their liberty in defending our own." --Benjamin Franklin

On the horizon In opposition to the advice of military and intelligence advisers -- but with the support of popular polls -- Barack Hussein Obama is moving ahead with his plan to withdraw American forces from Afghanistan beginning this July. In other words, though the drawdown does not comport with the best interests of U.S. national security, it does conform to his 2012 political campaign agenda.

(Excerpt) Read more at patriotpost.us ...

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 04:23:19 AM »
Political Expediency vs. National Security
"It is a common observation here that our cause is the cause of all mankind, and that we are fighting for their liberty in defending our own." --Benjamin Franklin

On the horizon In opposition to the advice of military and intelligence advisers -- but with the support of popular polls -- Barack Hussein Obama is moving ahead with his plan to withdraw American forces from Afghanistan beginning this July. In other words, though the drawdown does not comport with the best interests of U.S. national security, it does conform to his 2012 political campaign agenda.

(Excerpt) Read more at patriotpost.us ...

Nice post Barry Goldwater.  Where is your little girl?  History does indeed repeat itself.

Offline SC Susie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 12:02:15 PM »
A quick opinion piece out of SPringfield regarding more DOHbama (using my best Homer SImpson voice) logic: Blaming ATMS & Airport Kiosks for unemployment rates........

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20110623/OPINIONS05/106230330/Johnson-Remark-ATMs-displays-ignorance?odyssey=mod|mostview
Who kept the faith and fought the fight;
The glory theirs, the duty ours.
~Wallace Bruce

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 04:44:27 AM »
OK folks you got your first black president, a senator that voted present instead of yes or no. I think its time he goes back to community organizing, another word, just talk the talk and let others pay the price. He is in way over his head and it is plain to see. I really find it hard to believe the democrates are not coming up with a differant candidate.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 01:51:23 PM »
OK folks you got your first black president, a senator that voted present instead of yes or no. I think its time he goes back to community organizing, another word, just talk the talk and let others pay the price. He is in way over his head and it is plain to see. I really find it hard to believe the democrates are not coming up with a differant candidate.

You seem like a really tough guy.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »
the dems know they have a sinking ship with nobama. but they can't come up with a candidate to challenge him, the dems have supported nobama's policies that are destroying the country. Hillary not challenging nobama speaks volumes, especially after how he screwed her and bubba.

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 04:41:56 PM »
the dems know they have a sinking ship with nobama. but they can't come up with a candidate to challenge him, the dems have supported nobama's policies that are destroying the country. Hillary not challenging nobama speaks volumes, especially after how he screwed her and bubba.

I think its the Rep's that can't find a candidate and it was bubba who was screwing, everyone except Hillary.   ;D

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »
don't read the news much, eh racer? LOL nobama only has 30% of the vote(for now)
latest polls show him losing to a generic gop challenger,translated(LOL LOL) that means he would lose to any gop candidate.
Michelle bauchman is doing well as is cain. just wait till Sarah announces! then it will be a real show!

Offline petersam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 08:13:54 PM »
don't read the news much, eh racer? LOL nobama only has 30% of the vote(for now)
latest polls show him losing to a generic gop challenger,translated(LOL LOL) that means he would lose to any gop candidate.
Michelle bauchman is doing well as is cain. just wait till Sarah announces! then it will be a real show!

I think you're confused as usual, Fish.  Rasmussen puts Obama up 2.5% and the worst looking poll for the President has him at 5% behind a GOP candidate.  Obama beats Romney in all but one of the national polls and beats Paul, Gingrich, Bachmann, Huntsman, and your beloved nut case Palin, in ALL national polls, typically by double digits.

Do your research.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 12:16:05 AM »
just wake up from a dream? LOL LOL

Obama Losing Voter Support in Green and Blue States
Aamerican Thinker. ^ | June 24, 2011 | Brad O'Leary

I just received some very interesting results from a poll I commissioned with IBOPE Zogby International. 

While it is well-known that President Obama is losing voter support nationwide, the lesser known fact is that the President's support is eroding among two key voter groups:  Democratic Blue states and battleground Green states.  The Zogby poll question asked:  "Do you think President Obama deserves to be re-elected or do you think it is time for someone new?"

Overall, a 54% majority of voters say it is time for someone new in the White House, and just 40% say that Obama deserves re-election.  That's certainly bad news for the President, however, an even worse trend is developing.

One month ago, just 41% of voters from Green states said they would vote to re-elect Obama, and today that number has plunged four percentage points to 37%.  A sizeable 56% of Green state voters say it is time to elect someone new to the Oval Office.  These Green states are the crucial states that President Obama won in 2008 but are now considered in play as a result of Republican gains in the 2010 election.

The President's support among Blue state voters is eroding quickly as well.  One month ago, 47% of Blue state voters said they would vote to re-elect Obama and 47% said it was time for someone new.  Today, a plurality of Blue state voters (49%) say it is time for someone new and just 44% say Obama deserves re-election.

These new poll results clearly show that President Obama can be defeated in 2012, but only if the eventual Republican candidate runs on the issues and resists the temptation to run against Obama the person.  Even then, and despite these poor poll numbers, Obama should still be considered the odds-on favorite in 2012.  The reasons for this are three-fold:

1) There still could be a third-party candidate.

2) Obama has a $1 billion fundraising goal and he has 14 months to accomplish it.  On the other hand, his Republican challenger can't start raising money for a general campaign until September 2012, and then he or she will only have 60 days to compete with Obama and try and match his war chest.

3) The national press seems to still be enamored with Obama, and will spend the next 16 months convincing the public that he should be re-elected.  Over on the Republican side, there will be at least 12 Republican voices competing for media over the next 15 months.

If you read the polling data and analysis in my new book, How Obama Can Be Defeated in 2012, which I co-authored with Dr. Jerome Corsi, you'll see that on all of the major issues, 75% of voters disagree with President Obama.  You'll also discover that two-thirds of voters reject his vision for the future of America and the cost we'll have to pay to achieve his vision.

For example:

•59% of voters disagree with Obama's desire to borrow more money to spend on education, infrastructure and technology.
•87% of voters want teachers unions to get rid of their tenure system and fire bad teachers.  Just 7% want to keep the tenure system.
•79% of voters disagree with the federal government regulating Internet access and content.
•62% of voters think Obama should be reducing spending and balance the budget.
•69% of voters are opposed to Congress raising the debt limit.
•63% of voters disapprove of Obama's use of stimulus money to try to create jobs for the small business community.
•58% of voters support a law that would grant citizens with permits to carry a firearm in the thirty-nine states that have reciprocal agreements in place for concealed carry permits, to carry a firearm in all of those states.
•51% of voters would support a filibuster should the President appoint a Supreme Court justice that would change the current make-up of the Court.
•59% of voters disapprove of Obama's handling of the economy.
•58% of Americans think that Obamacare is unconstitutional.
Go to www.BarackObamaTest.com where you can see for yourself where you and the rest of the American public stand in relation to Obama on the issues.

The Poll was conducted by IBOPE Zogby International and surveyed 2,013 likely voters from June 17-21, 2011.  The Poll has a margin of error of plus-or-minus 2.2 percentage points. 

Red states:  AL, AK, AZ, AR, GA, ID, KS, KY, LA, MS, MT, NE, ND, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, WV, WY

Blue states:  CA, CO, CT, DE, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, MN, NV, NJ, NY, OR, RI, VT, WA

Green states:  FL, IN, IA, MI, MO, NH, NM, NC, OH, PA, VA, WI

Brad O'Leary is publisher of The O'Leary Report, a bestselling author, and is a former NBC Westwood One talk show host. To interview Brad about his new book, "How Obama Can Be Defeated in 2012," co-authored with Dr. Jerome Corsi, please contact Tim Bueler at (530) 401-3285 or mediatimbueler@aol.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline petersam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 04:17:57 AM »
just wake up from a dream? LOL LOL

Obama Losing Voter Support in Green and Blue States
Aamerican Thinker. ^ | June 24, 2011 | Brad O'Leary

I just received some very interesting results from a poll I commissioned with IBOPE Zogby International. 

While it is well-known that President Obama is losing voter support nationwide, the lesser known fact is that the President's support is eroding among two key voter groups:  Democratic Blue states and battleground Green states.  The Zogby poll question asked:  "Do you think President Obama deserves to be re-elected or do you think it is time for someone new?"

Overall, a 54% majority of voters say it is time for someone new in the White House, and just 40% say that Obama deserves re-election.  That's certainly bad news for the President, however, an even worse trend is developing.

One month ago, just 41% of voters from Green states said they would vote to re-elect Obama, and today that number has plunged four percentage points to 37%.  A sizeable 56% of Green state voters say it is time to elect someone new to the Oval Office.  These Green states are the crucial states that President Obama won in 2008 but are now considered in play as a result of Republican gains in the 2010 election.

The President's support among Blue state voters is eroding quickly as well.  One month ago, 47% of Blue state voters said they would vote to re-elect Obama and 47% said it was time for someone new.  Today, a plurality of Blue state voters (49%) say it is time for someone new and just 44% say Obama deserves re-election.

These new poll results clearly show that President Obama can be defeated in 2012, but only if the eventual Republican candidate runs on the issues and resists the temptation to run against Obama the person.  Even then, and despite these poor poll numbers, Obama should still be considered the odds-on favorite in 2012.  The reasons for this are three-fold:

1) There still could be a third-party candidate.

2) Obama has a $1 billion fundraising goal and he has 14 months to accomplish it.  On the other hand, his Republican challenger can't start raising money for a general campaign until September 2012, and then he or she will only have 60 days to compete with Obama and try and match his war chest.

3) The national press seems to still be enamored with Obama, and will spend the next 16 months convincing the public that he should be re-elected.  Over on the Republican side, there will be at least 12 Republican voices competing for media over the next 15 months.

If you read the polling data and analysis in my new book, How Obama Can Be Defeated in 2012, which I co-authored with Dr. Jerome Corsi, you'll see that on all of the major issues, 75% of voters disagree with President Obama.  You'll also discover that two-thirds of voters reject his vision for the future of America and the cost we'll have to pay to achieve his vision.

For example:

•59% of voters disagree with Obama's desire to borrow more money to spend on education, infrastructure and technology.
•87% of voters want teachers unions to get rid of their tenure system and fire bad teachers.  Just 7% want to keep the tenure system.
•79% of voters disagree with the federal government regulating Internet access and content.
•62% of voters think Obama should be reducing spending and balance the budget.
•69% of voters are opposed to Congress raising the debt limit.
•63% of voters disapprove of Obama's use of stimulus money to try to create jobs for the small business community.
•58% of voters support a law that would grant citizens with permits to carry a firearm in the thirty-nine states that have reciprocal agreements in place for concealed carry permits, to carry a firearm in all of those states.
•51% of voters would support a filibuster should the President appoint a Supreme Court justice that would change the current make-up of the Court.
•59% of voters disapprove of Obama's handling of the economy.
•58% of Americans think that Obamacare is unconstitutional.
Go to www.BarackObamaTest.com where you can see for yourself where you and the rest of the American public stand in relation to Obama on the issues.

The Poll was conducted by IBOPE Zogby International and surveyed 2,013 likely voters from June 17-21, 2011.  The Poll has a margin of error of plus-or-minus 2.2 percentage points. 

Red states:  AL, AK, AZ, AR, GA, ID, KS, KY, LA, MS, MT, NE, ND, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, WV, WY

Blue states:  CA, CO, CT, DE, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, MN, NV, NJ, NY, OR, RI, VT, WA

Green states:  FL, IN, IA, MI, MO, NH, NM, NC, OH, PA, VA, WI

Brad O'Leary is publisher of The O'Leary Report, a bestselling author, and is a former NBC Westwood One talk show host. To interview Brad about his new book, "How Obama Can Be Defeated in 2012," co-authored with Dr. Jerome Corsi, please contact Tim Bueler at (530) 401-3285 or mediatimbueler@aol.com.

So you're relying on ONE poll, commissioned by an organization of Conservatives, and I'm relying on multiple polls.  Makes tons of sense.  But you're right, Fish, as usual.  No sense in arguing with crazy...

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 12:52:24 PM »
Petersam, Your debating with someone who thinks the universe is several thousand years old, GW bush was great and Sarah Palin is smart. Why do you sound surprised when he isn't rational?
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline petersam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 01:45:57 PM »
Petersam, Your debating with someone who thinks the universe is several thousand years old, GW bush was great and Sarah Palin is smart. Why do you sound surprised when he isn't rational?

Point very well made, Shadylane.  Moving on :)...

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 03:53:19 PM »
ALL polls are skewed by those making them.  The liberals have their polls which are ALWAYS suspect and the conservatives have theirs which are suspect too.  Just like the "number of jobs" saved or created were skewed and imaginary numbers.  Now they include such great jobs as McDonalds and Burger King when they do their numbers.  Nobody can live in that kind of wage.  I do believe many supporters of Obama in 2008 are now coming to see the light and will not again vote for him.  They voted for charisma and words and got nothing in the delivery process.  And they won't.  He needs to go back to community organizing and leave the country to someone who can and will take us off the path of destruction.  He is now using the troops for political expediency.  He has three times the troops in the region he began with and will now with the election process starting, reduce the number to about twice what was there, putting them in even more danger.  Many berated Bush for the war and now we have obama who is guilty of trebling the number of troops and trebling the national debt and then wants to talk about "fiscal responsibility."  Can't have it both ways.  He is on a roll.....hopefully right out of government housing and back to a "safe" Chicago.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 06:22:39 PM »
you don't need a poll to see that the country is going down the tubes.

nobama is more concerned about his golf game than the state of the country.

Where is a list of what positive things  nobama has done FOR the country? There is a long list of what he has done TO the country.

start singing nobama's praises shady, ps, winston. let's see you defend him based on his record!