Author Topic: Help Wanted  (Read 11028 times)

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
Re: Help Wanted
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 04:31:49 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 05:27:11 PM »
MY GOODNESS! I was using a friends computer.

I was excited to see the position, I am qualified, I needed a part-time job. Pulaski County Web is a public forum. I was NOT applying for the job on this thread. However, since I am so poor with my grammar; I will refrain from putting in my application. Wouldn't want you questioning or degrading me on this site if I was to get the job, no matter how qualified I may be and, possibly making errors at my job that I am getting paid to do. I do believe there is not one individual who is perfect! (I used my explanation point correctly btw) OOPS! By The Way.

Want to critique this post too?

* I do have my computer up and running now thanks to a friend. Although, it is missing some keys it works. But, I won't be coming back here. I have been humiliated enough. I do hope Mr. Hillman finds an individual worthy of this position, he would be wonderful to work for. However, I hope they know their grammar well on public forum.

Don't leave. Don't own his problem, what he did was in rather bad taste, but only you can control how you feel. Don't allow him to make you feel less than you are!! 

Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 05:58:37 PM »
don't let an  ass-umer bother you. some folks satisfy their own short comings by down grading others. put in for it. I hope you get it, karma works.

Offline Hi

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 06:15:54 PM »
yes karma works....rofl are you kiddding me, thats like saying god helps you in your life, if thats true what about the child molesters winning the lottery, or the meth heads that are approved for buying homes when honest hard working people cannot.  Explain that plz oh great believerin crazy ass ideals.  Hmm just some other off the wall crazy stuff you believe has a purpose I suppose.  The cancer survivor that you say god cureds only to kill in a car crash a week later.  Terrorists squeekeing through security so they can blow shit up, yes your right all working as intended.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 06:29:46 PM »
yes karma works....rofl are you kiddding me, thats like saying god helps you in your life, if thats true what about the child molesters winning the lottery, or the meth heads that are approved for buying homes when honest hard working people cannot.  Explain that plz oh great believerin crazy ass ideals.  Hmm just some other off the wall crazy stuff you believe has a purpose I suppose.  The cancer survivor that you say god cureds only to kill in a car crash a week later.  Terrorists squeekeing through security so they can blow shit up, yes your right all working as intended.

This post has nothing to do with God, leave Him out of it.
BTW, see the little blue box "spell check" in the right hand corner, try it, it works.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 05:38:01 AM »
Listening, don't worry about the folks on this board.  They critique me, the Sheriff, Darrell, David Day etc. all the time.  It is just part of the free nature of a blog.  I would welcome you to turn in your application.

For others, I filled the part time position but may have other spots in the future.  I had a lot of qualified folks apply and I will keep the resumes and consider them for the future.  Thanks to all that applied.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »
I would love to turn it in. I loved doing that kind of work and did it for four years. I have quite work due to disability but now can work part time and need too since I have been divorced now and just walked away. I need extra income. I will get it in as soon as I can. Busy week this week. But will take whatever hours you can. Cant make over 700.00 a month so that is cheap labor for a job I love to do.
Thanks Mr. Hillman!

Listening, don't worry about the folks on this board.  They critique me, the Sheriff, Darrell, David Day etc. all the time.  It is just part of the free nature of a blog.  I would welcome you to turn in your application.

For others, I filled the part time position but may have other spots in the future.  I had a lot of qualified folks apply and I will keep the resumes and consider them for the future.  Thanks to all that applied.
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 08:18:06 PM »
PLEASE don't let that jerk keep you from applying for this job!  I've known you on here for years and you are a smart and confident woman who could use a break.  You better get in there and apply for this job.  I mean it!  Don't you dare let him influence you.  You are much better than that.

MY GOODNESS! I was using a friends computer.

I was excited to see the position, I am qualified, I needed a part-time job. Pulaski County Web is a public forum. I was NOT applying for the job on this thread. However, since I am so poor with my grammar; I will refrain from putting in my application. Wouldn't want you questioning or degrading me on this site if I was to get the job, no matter how qualified I may be and, possibly making errors at my job that I am getting paid to do. I do believe there is not one individual who is perfect! (I used my explanation point correctly btw) OOPS! By The Way.

Want to critique this post too?

* I do have my computer up and running now thanks to a friend. Although, it is missing some keys it works. But, I won't be coming back here. I have been humiliated enough. I do hope Mr. Hillman finds an individual worthy of this position, he would be wonderful to work for. However, I hope they know their grammar well on public forum.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 08:58:58 PM »
Damn Igamah at work did your position from earlier in this thread go from

I don't want to have a grammar war anywhere.  I am terrible at grammar and at punctuation.  I have to look things up all the time.  I wish I knew all there is to know, my job would be so much easier.

To wanting to have a spelling war.  Dust the sand out plz.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2011, 03:26:31 AM »
The subject of this thread has long since moved beyond the original topic posted by Kevin Hillman. I don't think this thread is doing any good for his office or for the reputations of a number of people posting.

It's Kevin's thread and his call what to do. My suggestion would be to have those who want to keep talking do so, but by creating a new thread with a title such as "Why we think 'Hi' is a Jerk" or "Why grammar and spelling are important on job applications."

One thing is quite clear... this thread no longer has much if any connection to job openings in the prosecutor's office. There are going to be people who click on the thread based on the title and are going to find something that is very different from the original intent of the thread.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2011, 03:54:30 AM »
The subject of this thread has long since moved beyond the original topic posted by Kevin Hillman. I don't think this thread is doing any good for his office or for the reputations of a number of people posting.

It's Kevin's thread and his call what to do. My suggestion would be to have those who want to keep talking do so, but by creating a new thread with a title such as "Why we think 'Hi' is a Jerk" or "Why grammar and spelling are important on job applications."

One thing is quite clear... this thread no longer has much if any connection to job openings in the prosecutor's office. There are going to be people who click on the thread based on the title and are going to find something that is very different from the original intent of the thread.

Darrell,
You should know by now, that threads tend to meander from the original topic. It is not a linear process like a news article, it is much like normal conversations with a group of people. In that related topics spring up, but eventually they return to the topic at hand. That is just how it works.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2011, 04:17:53 AM »
Darrell,
You should know by now, that threads tend to meander from the original topic. It is not a linear process like a news article, it is much like normal conversations with a group of people. In that related topics spring up, but eventually they return to the topic at hand. That is just how it works.
Also a few people are assuming that this person is a male.
I very much disagree.
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2011, 02:16:23 PM »
HI is a girl?
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2011, 04:18:09 PM »
maybe even both

Offline ReallyYouThinkSO

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2011, 09:12:31 PM »
Oooh a morpodite, well that makes many things clear.  Obviously you are a very unhappy individual so the need for finding fault in others continuously must be linked to you lack of self identity. 

(Just in case you want to argue about my use of the word: morpadite, see dictionary reference posted below- I believe many of use find that fitting for you.) 
Main Entry:   morphodite
Part of Speech:   n
Definition:   shortened version of hermaphrodite

her·maph·ro·dite   [hur-maf-ruh-dahyt] Show IPA

–noun
1. an individual in which reproductive organs of both sexes are present. Compare pseudohermaphrodite.
2. Biology . an organism, as an earthworm or plant, having normally both the male and female organs of generation.
3. a person or thing in which two opposite qualities are combined.

–adjective
4. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a hermaphrodite.
5. combining two opposite qualities.
6. Botany . monoclinous.

Origin: 1350–1400; Middle English hermofrodite < Latin hermaphrodītus <Greek hermaphródītos hemaphrodite, name of the son of Hermes and Aphrodite.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2011, 10:24:01 PM »
Oooh a morpodite, well that makes many things clear.  Obviously you are a very unhappy individual so the need for finding fault in others continuously must be linked to you lack of self identity. 

(Just in case you want to argue about my use of the word: morpadite, see dictionary reference posted below- I believe many of use find that fitting for you.) 
Hmmm so what your saying is if you tell them to go
:th_tha3ab577b-1:  them selves They really can?  :th_thmuwahaha-1: Bahahahahaha
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ReallyYouThinkSO

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2011, 10:27:26 PM »
 ((*(*&  Yeppers.  Bet you are jealous!  :lurking:  to see  $%$#@%^

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2011, 10:34:10 PM »
((*(*&  Yeppers.  Bet you are jealous!  :lurking:  to see  $%$#@%^
No not really I'm a Lesbian :poke:

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2011, 10:39:44 PM »
Talk about topical drift  :offtopic: