Author Topic: Press Release 3-23-11 Jury Trial Results  (Read 1794 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
Press Release 3-23-11 Jury Trial Results
« on: March 23, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
3/23/11

Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney, announces that today in the Circuit Court of Pulaski County, Craig Turner of Waynesville was found guilty of Robbery in the Second Degree after a two day jury trial.  The prosecution of the case was handled by Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman and Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Ken Clayton.

The jury found that Mr. Turner robbed a tourist from England during the early morning hours of November 5, 2010, at the Relax Inn in St. Robert, Missouri. Mr. Turner was apprehended shortly after the robbery by members of the St. Robert Police Department and much of the victim’s property was recovered and returned to him.

“I hope that this verdict today sends a clear message that these types of acts will not be tolerated in this county,” said Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman.  “My office will work hard to make sure innocent victims such as the one in this case are protected from these types of crimes and those individuals who perpetrate such acts are brought to justice.”

Mr. Turner will be sentenced on June 9, 2011, at 9:00 am by the Honorable Tracy Storie, Circuit Judge.  Mr. Turner faces a sentence of five to fifteen years in the Missouri Department of Corrections.

The Prosecutor’s Office wishes to thank the St. Robert Police Department for their hard work on this case, especially Detective Jeff Saylor, Officer Mike Hartness, Officer Dan Cordova, and Officer Jennifer Hicks.  The Prosecutor’s Office would also like to thank the board members of the County Law Enforcement Restitution Fund (CLERF) who agreed to fund the witness travel from England back to Pulaski County.  Without those funds, a conviction in this case would not have been possible.

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.

Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
Re: Press Release 3-23-11 Jury Trial Results
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 11:57:46 PM »
Yup, good case. I had to bailiff the case and got to hear most of the witnesses and it was well done. Good attentive jury for this one.

JB