Author Topic: C. Willcoxson pleads guilty to charges resulting from high speed chase May 2011  (Read 797 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
4/4/12

Cody Willcoxson Pleads Guilty to Two Counts of Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer in the First Degree As a Result of May 2011 Incident Involving High Speed Chase from Fort Leonard Wood to Rolla

Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that Cody Willcoxson has pled guilty to two counts of Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer as a result of the high speed chase with shots fired that took started on Fort Leonard Wood and went to Rolla.  These pleas are only related to the incidents that took place in Pulaski County and Mr. Willcoxson still faces numerous other charges in Phelps County.

The plea agreement in this case is simply that in exchange for Mr. Willcoxson entering a plea of guilty to these two charges, which as Class A felonies were the most serious of the charges.  In exchange, the Prosecuting Attorney agreed to dismiss the other lesser charges related to the Pulaski County portion of the chase.  The Board of Probation and Parole will now conduct a Sentencing Assessment Report to provide to Judge Storie.  Sentencing will take place on June 11, 2012.  Mr. Willcoxson faces two potential life sentences as a result of these pleas.

“I am happy to see this case brought to a close with Mr. Willcoxson facing a long, long time in prison.  His actions on that day put the lives of not only the law enforcement officers who were simply doing their job, but the lives of many innocent people in danger,” said Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman.  “After consulting with the officers who were the victims in this case, and with the many additional charges pending in Phelps County, I believed it best to close out the Pulaski County cases with these significant convictions and the lengthy sentences that are likely to follow.  I believe that this case sends a message that conduct that puts law enforcement officers and innocent citizens in danger will not be tolerated.”

The Prosecutors Office would like to thank the St. Robert Police Department and specifically Chief Curtis Curenton and Officer Trenton Herr for their bravery during this incident and their hard work afterwards with the investigation helping to ensure these convictions. 

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman