Author Topic: Prosecutor's Office Press Release 5-19-16-Plummer Pleads Guilty  (Read 994 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
05/19/16
FORMER DIXON CITY MARSHAL MICHAEL PLUMMER PLEADS GUILTY TO HINDERING PROSECUTION, SURRENDERS HIS PEACE OFFICERS LICENSE PERMANENTLY AND CONSENTS TO QUO WARRANTO JUDGMENT WAIVING ANY CLAIMS TO OFFICE OF DIXON CITY MARSHAL
Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney, announces that Michael Plummer, the former City Marshal for the City of Dixon, pled guilty today in Circuit Court action in a Phelps County case, which was originally filed in Pulaski County but had previously received a change of venue.

Pursuant to a plea agreement with the State, Plummer pled guilty to Count VI of the indictment, which was the Class A Misdemeanor charge of Hindering Prosecution related to the release of a driver who blew over the legal limit for alcohol, but whose case was never forwarded to the State or any prosecutor for charges.  Plummer entered a plea pursuant to North Carolina v. Alford, wherein he did not admit guilt, but did admit that based on the evidence, there was a substantial likelihood that he would have been found guilty at trial and wished to accept the plea agreement offered by the State.

The plea agreement was done after consulting with the City of Dixon and was done with the consent of the City of Dixon. 

The terms of the plea agreement are that in exchange for his plea of guilty to Hindering Prosecution, the following would occur:

• Defendant would receive a suspended imposition of sentence and be placed on one year’s probation.
  • Defendant would surrender his Peace Officer license permanently.
  • Defendant would consent to a judgment in the Quo Warranto removing any claim he had to the office of the City Marshal of the City of Dixon.
  • Defendant agreed to pay $1615.00 in restitution to the City of Dixon.
  • Defendant agrees to pay court costs in the matter.
  • Defendant agrees to return all city property to the City of Dixon.
  • The State agreed to drop all of the other charges against the Defendant now pending and to not file any other charges against Defendant related to his activities as a law enforcement officer or City Marshal.
  • The State agreed to drop the Stealing charges against Shelia Plummer.
  • The State agreed not to object to an early termination of probation if all conditions of probation are met.

“Our criminal justice system is built on the trust that the police, prosecutors, defense counsel, and judges all act with integrity and fairness in the handling of cases.  This case demonstrates that when a police officer does not act with integrity, it can cause the entire criminal justice system to be damaged and cause the public to doubt the work of all of those honest police officers who work hard everyday to ensure justice to both defendants and victims of crime,” said Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman. 

“With this plea agreement, the public can be assured that the Defendant will never again be able to be a police officer and will never again be able to do damage to the criminal justice system. In addition, this plea brings full closure to the criminal part of this case and allows the City of Dixon to move forward and begin the process of healing and rebuilding the police department.”

“I want to thank and commend the current and past city officials and staff, including the past and present mayors of Dixon, who fully cooperated with the Auditor’s Office, the Missouri State Highway Patrol, and my office as we went through this difficult process.  I appreciate their support in the investigation and ultimate resolution of the case.  I also want to commend the police officers who came forward to report the misconduct and the investigators of the Missouri State Highway Patrol who investigated this case, specifically Sergeant Dan Nash and Sergeant Jason Trammel.  Their hard work helped to uncover this misconduct and ensure the integrity of the criminal justice system. Finally I wish to thank the members of my staff, and the Assistant Attorney Generals who assisted with the prosecution of this case.”

This case was prosecuted by Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman, Assistant Attorney General Josh Harrel, Assistant Attorney General Ted Bruce, and Assistant Attorney General Danett Padgett.

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman