Author Topic: Prosecutor's Office Press Release 08-17-16-Green Pleads Guilty to Murder  (Read 803 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
08/16/16
SHAWN GREEN PLEADS GUILTY TO THE MURDER OF ROBERT WILLHITE
IN JULY 2014
Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that today in Circuit Court action in Dent County, on a change of venue from Pulaski County, Shawn Green of Waynesville,  pled guilty to the Murder of Robert Willhite.  The murder occurred at Mr. Willhite’s home on T Highway in the Swedeborg area on July 25, 2014 during a burglary. 

Judge Kelly Parker accepted Green’s plea, found him guilty, and set sentencing for October 24, 2016 at 11 am in Dent County.  Green faces a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.  In addition, Green is currently serving a twenty-year sentence imposed after he was found guilty of numerous charges at a jury trial last August.

“I am very pleased that we are able to bring closure to this case with a plea of guilty to murder, especially for Mr. Willhite’s family,” said Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman.  “I want to commend the excellent police work by the Sheriff’s Department that went into solving this crime which resulted in this guilty plea. Specifically I want to commend Detectives Christian Butler, Linda Burgess, and Doug Renno who spent numerous hours working on this case.”

This story will be updated, to include more comments, once sentencing is completed.

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman