Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Dear Congress  (Read 10655 times)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Dear Congress
« on: August 31, 2009, 03:57:17 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Subject: Congress HELLO TO ALL 535 voting members of Congress:

It is now official: You are all morons.

The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775 - you have had 234 years to get it right; it is broke.

Social Security was established in 1935 - you have had 74 years to get it right; it is broke. Fannie Mae was established in 1938 - you have had 71 years to get it right; it is broke.

War on Poverty started in 1964 - you have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor"; it hasn't worked.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965 - you've had 44 years to get it right; they're broke.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970 - you have had 39 years to get it right; it is broke.

Trillions of dollars in the massive political payoff called the TARP bill of 2009 shows NO sign of working.

And finally to set a new record: “Cash for Clunkers" was established in
2009 and went broke in 2009! It took good dependable cars (that were the best some people could afford) replaced them with high priced (people who couldn't afford who are now making payments) mostly Japanese models so a good percentage of the profits, from the sales, went out of the country.

And lastly, the American taxpayers are now going to be dinged with paying for yet 3 billion more dollars of our government’s experiments to make our wallets even thinner.

So with a perfect 100% failure rate and a record that proves that "services" you shove down our throats are failing faster and faster, you want Americans to believe you can be trusted with a government-run health care system? (15% of our economy?) Are you crazy?

Truly, the inmates are running the asylum! And what does this say about voters who put such pond scum in office?

Maybe we need to inform others of this brilliant record before 2010 and just vote against incumbents – especially those who legislate emotionally and have no sense of logic or finance.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Congress
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 06:42:51 PM »
If you think that you could do better...

run for office.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 07:04:42 PM »
cash for clunkers was a huge success..they added more money because it worked so well.  and i now own a new car which i never would of had the chance of doing if not for the program.  it gets 28mpg my old truck  only got 8.  i had a 150 a month payment on the clunker i had...the money i save a month on gas will make up the differance on my new payment and i have peace of mind knowing i will get to and from where ever i decide to go.  whom ever idea it was is F$#@ Brillant!  and i hope they do it again soon

Offline LarryG

• 4 gold stars
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 07:07:21 PM »
cash for clunkers was a huge success..they added more money because it worked so well.  and i now own a new car which i never would of had the chance of doing if not for the program.  it gets 28mpg my old truck  only got 8.  i had a 150 a month payment on the clunker i had...the money i save a month on gas will make up the differance on my new payment and i have peace of mind knowing i will get to and from where ever i decide to go.  whom ever idea it was is F$#@ Brillant!  and i hope they do it again soon
did you buy an american made car?

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 07:09:54 PM »
And who pays the state sales tax on that $4500?

Offline fireman_jeff

• Common sense isn't so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 07:19:18 PM »
Cash for clunkers was a joke. It did just as described above. Talked people into making purchases they can't afford. I don't mean to offend anyone, but if you can not afford a new car unless you are given $4500 for your old one, you don't need it. Many of the car dealers saw these suckers comming and just raised the prices of their cars. People are so easily tricked!
1*

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 07:21:14 PM »
did you buy an american made car?
i bought a ford

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 07:25:40 PM »
Cash for clunkers was a joke. It did just as described above. Talked people into making purchases they can't afford. I don't mean to offend anyone, but if you can not afford a new car unless you are given $4500 for your old one, you don't need it. Many of the car dealers saw these suckers comming and just raised the prices of their cars. People are so easily tricked!
no car prices were raised?  how do you figure that   uncle sam pays the money to the dealer so why do they need to raise the cost.  my new vehicals MSRP was 17700 and i got my car for a lil over 13000 which included other rebates normally added...do some research.   the dealers made out like a fat rat as well as the consumer.... my truck only qualified for 3500

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 07:27:26 PM »
And who pays the state sales tax on that $4500?
i payed sales tax on what i paid for the vehicle

Offline LarryG

• 4 gold stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 07:39:33 PM »
i bought a ford
It looks like 8 of the top 10 cars sold sure helped Japans economy.
Top 10 cash for clunkers purchases
    Toyota Corolla  Honda Civic  Ford Focus  Toyota Camry  Hyundai Elantra  Toyota Prius  Nissan Versa  Ford Escape FWD  Honda Fit  Honda CR-V AWD [/list]

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 07:46:01 PM »
    It looks like 8 of the top 10 cars sold sure helped Japans economy.
    Top 10 cash for clunkers purchases
    Toyota Corolla  Honda Civic  Ford Focus  Toyota Camry  Hyundai Elantra  Toyota Prius  Nissan Versa  Ford Escape FWD  Honda Fit  Honda CR-V AWD [/q]
     if i could of found the toyota  i wanted in the 1st place i would be driving it....not one to be found in the midwest area at the time...the 09's were selling out fast

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 07:47:54 PM »
    Notice nobody is disclaiming any of the other items I listed.  They (congress) have proven their incompetence over and over again.  The biggest problem  see is that congress critters are in it only for themselves and not for their constituents.

Offline LarryG

• 4 gold stars
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 07:48:28 PM »
    I would have rather seen them money given to car companys to bail out there mismanagement given to the social security fund that has been robbed by CONgress.
     I sure would like to see some money left so the older folks have at least a chance to survive.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 07:50:41 PM »
    Notice nobody is disclaiming any of the other items I listed.  They (congress) have proven their incompetence over and over again.
      did you know the post office is not run by the goverment but is sub contracted out?   not many know this but it is a fact

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 08:00:02 PM »

War on Poverty started in 1964 - you have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor"; it hasn't worked.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965 - you've had 44 years to get it right; they're broke.

these 2 programs may be broke but since the were up and running have aided millions who may never of otherwise had a chance.   but i guess TokyoSnot has a vendetta against the less fortunate people in our society..
        Instant Karma gonna get you?

Offline Chas

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 08:34:42 PM »
    did you know the post office is not run by the goverment but is sub contracted out?   not many know this but it is a fact.
    The USPS is an independent agency of the US government. It is a quasi – governmental agency. (wikipedia)  I think they do contract out certain parts like rural delivery.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 08:40:18 PM »
    ok.  Then WHY WHY WHY don't they use some of this money and investigate EVERY SINGLE Medicaid user and find out who is using the program when they aren't qualified to do so.  I've said this before...we had an acquaintance who owned a lucrative business, owned their home, had a new lincoln and new esclanade, played at their house on the Lake, boat, wave runners, 4-wheelers, etc. etc. etc. and the wife and kids were on M+.  Heard it from the horse's mouth.  Seem to think if you juggle the books, you are entitled to it.  How many more of them are there???  THEN maybe you can help more of the people who need it and can't get it because they make $1.00 a week too much.
    ....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 09:04:24 PM »
    That's the American way now days!

the "I want everything for nothing attitude"

the "why should I be responsible for myself attitude"

Enforcement of Medicaid rules is a joke.  I know someone who was court ordered to provide medical insurance for the children of the marriage, the other spouse is still on medicaid and almost 10 years later and not one claim has been made against the medical insurance.  And yes those children have been to a doctor many times.  I may be wrong but I don't think someone is eligible for medicaid if they have insurance.  If I am wrong the rules need to be changed.

Maybe this health care insurance reform is the democraps way of dealing with the medicaid fraud that is going on.

Quote from: Coyote
    link=topic=18637.msg198186#msg198186 date=1251751218
    ok.  Then WHY WHY WHY don't they use some of this money and investigate EVERY SINGLE Medicaid user and find out who is using the program when they aren't qualified to do so.  I've said this before...we had an acquaintance who owned a lucrative business, owned their home, had a new lincoln and new esclanade, played at their house on the Lake, boat, wave runners, 4-wheelers, etc. etc. etc. and the wife and kids were on M+.  Heard it from the horse's mouth.  Seem to think if you juggle the books, you are entitled to it.  How many more of them are there???  THEN maybe you can help more of the people who need it and can't get it because they make $1.00 a week too much.

Offline fireman_jeff

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 09:25:44 PM »
    That's the American way now days!

the "I want everything for nothing attitude"

the "why should I be responsible for myself attitude"

Enforcement of Medicaid rules is a joke.  I know someone who was court ordered to provide medical insurance for the children of the marriage, the other spouse is still on medicaid and almost 10 years later and not one claim has been made against the medical insurance.  And yes those children have been to a doctor many times.  I may be wrong but I don't think someone is eligible for medicaid if they have insurance.  If I am wrong the rules need to be changed.

Maybe this health care insurance reform is the democraps way of dealing with the medicaid fraud that is going on.

The health care insurance reform is another joke. I heard a number last week, so I may not be completely accurate. But, it said that if you are not participating in the government run (owned) health care, you will be pentalized 2 1/2% of your gross income. Why is it my responsibility to keep supporting others? I just can't understand. I worked hard in high school and college to make sure I was able to land a job where I could have good insurance. I have worked at jobs that I had no insurance. I also had a child during this time. I never applied for any assistance. I feel it is not anyone's responsibility to take care of my responsibilities. Come on people. Take action for yourselves. I don't want to, and my children shouldn't have to.
    1*

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 09:27:46 PM »
    Amen.
    ....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 11:18:04 PM »

The health care insurance reform is another joke. I heard a number last week, so I may not be completely accurate. But, it said that if you are not participating in the government run (owned) health care, you will be pentalized 2 1/2% of your gross income. Why is it my responsibility to keep supporting others? I just can't understand. I worked hard in high school and college to make sure I was able to land a job where I could have good insurance. I have worked at jobs that I had no insurance. I also had a child during this time. I never applied for any assistance. I feel it is not anyone's responsibility to take care of my responsibilities. Come on people. Take action for yourselves. I don't want to, and my children shouldn't have to.

So basically everyone who is without health insurance, affordable health insurance or coverage (along with 50% of all bankruptcies) hasn't worked hard enough, studied hard enough and demands you and your kids pay for their lives?

You really think a lot of yourself, and little of others.

So here are a few questions:

1.  Did you go to a public school?
    2.  Did you go to a public college/university?
    3.  Do you drive on public roads?
    4.  Do you use the interwebs?

And for follow ups:

1.  Did you pay me back for providing you with your public education? 
    2.  Did you pay me back for providing you with a university/college (and did you recieve any government grants or scholarships?) to attend?
    3.  Did you pay me back for the roads I paid for?
    4.  Did you pay me back for the internets?

Because I am going to be just as selfish and self-centered as everyone who believes that Americans should not pay for anything that other Americans use.

This includes your public utilities.

I want my money for providing you with sewer pipes to poo into.

Now.

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline fireman_jeff

• View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 11:41:13 PM »
    So basically everyone who is without health insurance, affordable health insurance or coverage (along with 50% of all bankruptcies) hasn't worked hard enough, studied hard enough and demands you and your kids pay for their lives?

You really think a lot of yourself, and little of others.

So here are a few questions:

1.  Did you go to a public school?
    2.  Did you go to a public college/university?
    3.  Do you drive on public roads?
    4.  Do you use the interwebs?

And for follow ups:

1.  Did you pay me back for providing you with your public education? 
    2.  Did you pay me back for providing you with a university/college (and did you recieve any government grants or scholarships?) to attend?
    3.  Did you pay me back for the roads I paid for?
    4.  Did you pay me back for the internets?

Because I am going to be just as selfish and self-centered as everyone who believes that Americans should not pay for anything that other Americans use.

This includes your public utilities.

I want my money for providing you with sewer pipes to poo into.

Now.

To answer your questions, I did go to a public school. One in which my parents have always paid taxes to support and now the same school I pay taxes for. I do however believe that people without children should not have to pay school taxes.
    I went to a community college. The money used to pay for my college came from student loans in which I have paid back with interest.
    I do drive on public roads. I pay taxes to drive on public roads. My road is not kept up by the county.
    I do in fact pay for my internet. I do not understand how I would owe you for that. But yes I pay for my internet.

I just feel that if I am going to pay for someones health care, they should have to quit smoking and drinking. As we all know these cause health problems. The men should get a vesectomy and women should have their tubes tied. I am outraged everytime I see the so called "Octomom". I pay into the medicade system for her to have AI? I think the government needs to step back and let the businesses run the economy not the government (ie: banks, auto makers, etc.). These are just my opinions and you do not have to agree with me, that is a right we still all have.
    1*

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 12:51:12 AM »
    I don't think anyone here has forgotten your American right to have an opinion as you stated in your last sentence.

Though I'm commenting mainly on your public school comment about taxes.

People without children pay school taxes because even not having children they benefit from funded education.  Education is key in turning our productive members of society... which in turn improves our culture and solidifies our countries foundation at survival as a nation.  Just look at most people who didn't go to school or had a poor education... this area is FULL of these unfortunate souls who suffer because of (sometimes) events beyond their control stemming from a poor education.

The education system as we know it would collapse if the way taxes were handled ever made such a drastic change.

Also... your saying that corporate America should run our government?  Don't they already?

Nobody just wants to admit it.

To answer your questions, I did go to a public school. One in which my parents have always paid taxes to support and now the same school I pay taxes for. I do however believe that people without children should not have to pay school taxes.
    I went to a community college. The money used to pay for my college came from student loans in which I have paid back with interest.
    I do drive on public roads. I pay taxes to drive on public roads. My road is not kept up by the county.
    I do in fact pay for my internet. I do not understand how I would owe you for that. But yes I pay for my internet.

I just feel that if I am going to pay for someones health care, they should have to quit smoking and drinking. As we all know these cause health problems. The men should get a vesectomy and women should have their tubes tied. I am outraged everytime I see the so called "Octomom". I pay into the medicade system for her to have AI? I think the government needs to step back and let the businesses run the economy not the government (ie: banks, auto makers, etc.). These are just my opinions and you do not have to agree with me, that is a right we still all have.

Offline fireman_jeff

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »
    I don't think anyone here has forgotten your American right to have an opinion as you stated in your last sentence.

Though I'm commenting mainly on your public school comment about taxes.

People without children pay school taxes because even not having children they benefit from funded education.  Education is key in turning our productive members of society... which in turn improves our culture and solidifies our countries foundation at survival as a nation.  Just look at most people who didn't go to school or had a poor education... this area is FULL of these unfortunate souls who suffer because of (sometimes) events beyond their control stemming from a poor education.

The education system as we know it would collapse if the way taxes were handled ever made such a drastic change.

Also... your saying that corporate America should run our government?  Don't they already?

Nobody just wants to admit it.

The whole school thing, I feel we should go to a privitized system. You pay for the school you go to. The competition would lead to better teaching, due to the fact that a parent could send their child to any school they want. Just my opinion.

As far as the business end, businesses have ran the economy for ever, "capitalism." I just see our government trying to have too much business in what they need to leave alone. Socialism is not what this country was built on and there is no need to change now.
    1*

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 05:56:59 PM »
    If we went to privatized schools, there would be better teachers and they would likely teach actual facts and history, unlike the current government system whereby our children or grandchildren are being dumbed down with fallacious lies.  I have no children in the system, but do have grandchildren already in or about to begin school.  I pay taxes for them to get a real education and I expect them to get one.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 06:13:43 PM »
    It's been a long time since I've been in school but what lies are you referring to?

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 11:48:51 PM »
    Subject: Congress HELLO TO ALL 535 voting members of Congress:

It is now official: You are all morons.

The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775 - you have had 234 years to get it right; it is broke.

Social Security was established in 1935 - you have had 74 years to get it right; it is broke. Fannie Mae was established in 1938 - you have had 71 years to get it right; it is broke.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970 - you have had 39 years to get it right; it is broke.

Trillions of dollars in the massive political payoff called the TARP bill of 2009 shows NO sign of working.

And finally to set a new record: “Cash for Clunkers" was established in
    2009 and went broke in 2009! It took good dependable cars (that were the best some people could afford) replaced them with high priced (people who couldn't afford who are now making payments) mostly Japanese models so a good percentage of the profits, from the sales, went out of the country.

And lastly, the American taxpayers are now going to be dinged with paying for yet 3 billion more dollars of our government’s experiments to make our wallets even thinner.

So with a perfect 100% failure rate and a record that proves that "services" you shove down our throats are failing faster and faster, you want Americans to believe you can be trusted with a government-run health care system? (15% of our economy?) Are you crazy?

Truly, the inmates are running the asylum! And what does this say about voters who put such pond scum in office?

Maybe we need to inform others of this brilliant record before 2010 and just vote against incumbents – especially those who legislate emotionally and have no sense of logic or finance.
    Congress HELLO TO ALL 535 voting members of Congress:

You said  "It is now official: You are all morons."
    Its easy to call members of congress names. Its difficult to do their job.
    If you think you can do it better, then give it a try.
    Bet you would fail miserably when the spot light is shining on you!

"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 12:11:34 AM »
    In that event, where would the children whose parents cannot afford to send them to school go to school?

Are they to just do without?

That would make our country full of uneducated citizens... you seriously dont think that that is a great idea do you?

Take a look at a few countries in Europe that still have small communties living in the dark ages such as Romania or select sections of Russia and tell me thats a good idea.

The whole school thing, I feel we should go to a privitized system. You pay for the school you go to. The competition would lead to better teaching, due to the fact that a parent could send their child to any school they want. Just my opinion.

As far as the business end, businesses have ran the economy for ever, "capitalism." I just see our government trying to have too much business in what they need to leave alone. Socialism is not what this country was built on and there is no need to change now.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 01:15:23 AM »
    Shadylane what makes it difficult to do the job for those in power is they are corrupted by the power and the money coming to them form the lobby groups.  How can they represent anyone excpet themselves when they are getting these huge amounts of money and the intoxicating power they perceive they have?

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 01:17:41 AM »
    Coyote.  If you have children in school, ask them about the US Constitution and what it means.  Including the Bill of Rights. Ask them about the history of this country, both good and bad. Perhaps you will find out something you didn't know about.  Ask them about whether or not they are learning ebonics as a second language.  Ask them about how Thanksgiving is an offensive holiday and Christmas is also.  The school system not only does not give a clear indication of the facts, it also tends to insure students are indoctrinated into the way the teachers feel.