Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM
  • mikrzy55: :)
    October 17, 2015, 10:31:46 AM

Author Topic: “The Sheriff’s View” (#137)  (Read 2859 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
“The Sheriff’s View” (#137)
« on: September 21, 2015, 02:33:27 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

For those of you looking for the “new or unusual” as we report in some of these articles, this week may seem a little mundane for readers seeking something exciting. Not that newsworthy incidents did not occur in this County last week but I try to avoid being redundant regarding drugs and crime.

In some ways were are fortunate that no major incidents have occurred recently, due to the lack of manpower this agency has been dealing with over the past two months. Your Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department has been four patrolmen short lately, with three being out with surgeries. Two of these resulted from on-the-job injuries and the third was an off-duty accident. One of the on-duty injuries occurred during a dog attack on the deputy and the second happened during a foot chase.

This agency also recently lost a deputy who took a job with another law enforcement agency. This is expected on occasion due to deputies finding jobs at larger and/or higher paying departments. Even though the deputy who left was immediately replaced, we are confronted with a 3-5 month field training period before the new road deputy can be released to work solo.

This week it is expected that all three of the injured deputies will return to work, along with the new deputy being released from training. With a department that is very understaffed anyway, when four deputies are out, it makes a huge impact on the workload and response times to people needing law enforcement assistance. So needless to say, we welcome the return of a full staff this week.

Once again Cow Days returned to Dixon this past weekend, which resulted in a large draw of people from Pulaski and neighboring counties. Hopefully many of you had the opportunity to stop by and visit your deputies at the Sheriff’s Department booth, or those on foot patrol during the event. As usual, I enjoyed visiting with some of you while I was out there on Saturday.

I have been asked by numerous individuals recently about when we might start up the Town Hall meetings again. I am hoping for the next one to be around the end of October, or a few weeks afterwards. I really value the opinion and concerns of Pulaski County residents and these Town Hall meetings supply the prefect venue for us to visit. I should be announcing the next date and location in a few weeks.

This concludes another week’s summary as your Pulaski County sheriff, and I hope to see you here again next week. For more information about the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department and other related items of interest, please visit our website (www.pcsheriff2.com), or on Facebook.

As always, stay safe and do something positive for your community.
 Sheriff Ronald Long

Offline TheKnock

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Re: “The Sheriff’s View” (#137)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »

For those of you looking for the “new or unusual” as we report in some of these articles, this week may seem a little mundane for readers seeking something exciting. Not that newsworthy incidents did not occur in this County last week but I try to avoid being redundant regarding drugs and crime.

In some ways were are fortunate that no major incidents have occurred recently, due to the lack of manpower this agency has been dealing with over the past two months. Your Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department has been four patrolmen short lately, if you want to learn about Phen375 then click here to read more about it with three being out with surgeries. Two of these resulted from on-the-job injuries and the third was an off-duty accident. One of the on-duty injuries occurred during a dog attack on the deputy and the second happened during a foot chase.

This agency also recently lost a deputy who took a job with another law enforcement agency. This is expected on occasion due to deputies finding jobs at larger and/or higher paying departments. Even though the deputy who left was immediately replaced, we are confronted with a 3-5 month field training period before the new road deputy can be released to work solo.

This week it is expected that all three of the injured deputies will return to work, along with the new deputy being released from training. With a department that is very understaffed anyway, when four deputies are out, it makes a huge impact on the workload and response times to people needing law enforcement assistance. So needless to say, we welcome the return of a full staff this week.

Once again Cow Days returned to Dixon this past weekend, which resulted in a large draw of people from Pulaski and neighboring counties. Hopefully many of you had the opportunity to stop by and visit your deputies at the Sheriff’s Department booth, or those on foot patrol during the event. As usual, I enjoyed visiting with some of you while I was out there on Saturday.

I have been asked by numerous individuals recently about when we might start up the Town Hall meetings again. I am hoping for the next one to be around the end of October, or a few weeks afterwards. I really value the opinion and concerns of Pulaski County residents and these Town Hall meetings supply the prefect venue for us to visit. I should be announcing the next date and location in a few weeks.

This concludes another week’s summary as your Pulaski County sheriff, and I hope to see you here again next week. For more information about the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department and other related items of interest, please visit our website.

As always, stay safe and do something positive for your community.
 Sheriff Ronald Long

Anyone know when the next town hall meeting will be?