Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: american eagle  (Read 2922 times)

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
american eagle
« on: July 01, 2008, 02:09:31 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Proud Army Wife and Mother of Twin girls!!!!!
Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: american eagle
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 02:53:03 PM »
My husband is a subcontractor of ArrowHead, who Subcontracts the painting of the housing from American Eagle. The take over has been in the process for quite some time. Everything has been kept hush hush through the whole process. But from what we have been told it was finalized a couple of weeks ago. They did keep alot of the staff, but some were let go or replaced.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline NClady

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 03:27:16 PM »
Yep, they came by with a little packet of info yesterday.  They are now doing the yards!  ...except fenced in backyards.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »
I thought they did that before, I've seen the lawn guys in green shirts out there for years. They actually had to pay for a window to be replaced on my old car becuase it got busted out by a flying rock. I'm not sure how it worked before becuase I noticed they didn't do all the neighborhoods.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline NClady

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 07:20:54 PM »
I noticed they did common areas before, but they (American Eagle) sure haven't been cutting our yard.  Hope things improve overall with Balfour Beatty.

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:11:48 PM »
I have not received any info yet, but them taking care of the yard will be nice. I hope they finally fix the mess American Eagle left in my backyard when they dug it up
Proud Army Wife and Mother of Twin girls!!!!!
Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Painter Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 12:15:30 AM »
Press Release as of June 30, 2008.

Balfour Beatty Communities Acquires Interest in the
Fort Leonard Wood Military Housing Project

Newtown Square, PA – June 30, 2008 – Balfour Beatty Communities (formerly GMH Military Housing) announced today that it has completed the purchase of interests previously held by American Eagle Communities in the U.S. Department of the Army’s Fort Leonard Wood Military Housing Privatization Project located in Pulaski County, Missouri. As part of the transaction, the company has acquired the outstanding equity interests of American Eagle in the project company for an aggregate purchase price of $3.25 million, and also assumed the existing
agreements for property management, development and construction/renovation relating to the project.

Simultaneously with the closing of the acquisition, Balfour Beatty Communities assisted the project company in successfully restructuring the project scope through negotiations with the Army and existing bondholders. The restructuring was necessary to account for changes in market conditions affecting occupancy rates for the project, and resulted in a reduction of the number of end-state housing units from 2,242 to 1,806. In addition, the project company completed a special redemption of approximately $79.5 million in outstanding bonds that were
issued as part of the financing based on the original scope of the project. The project has a 50-year term, the remainder of which extends through April 2054, and includes a remaining initial development period that ends in April 2014. Under the revised project scope, remaining initial development costs are valued in excess of $80.7 million, for a total of approximately $201.9 million in costs associated with the project as a whole. The project, under the terms of the
restructuring, consists of the new construction of a total of 472 homes (461 of which already have been completed), 1 community center and 2 neighborhood centers, major and minor renovations of 537 homes, and the conversion of an additional 503 homes.

“We are very pleased to have completed the acquisition of interests in the Fort Leonard Wood project, as well as successfully assisted the Army in the restructuring in order to ensure the ongoing stability of the project. This transaction represents not only an opportunity for Balfour Beatty Communities to expand its military housing portfolio through the acquisition of existing projects, but also exemplifies our proven ability to design and implement effective financing throughout our project portfolio. Our first priority in assuming operations for the project is to maintain the well-being and comfort of the current residents,” stated Bruce Robinson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Balfour Beatty Communities. “We look forward to serving the Soldiers and their families on base, and are extremely honored to join with the Army on this project in order to continue existing efforts to improve family housing at Fort Leonard Wood.”

Congressionally authorized since 1996, the Military Housing Privatization Initiative allows the Department of Defense, and the Department of the Army (via its Residential Communities Initiative (RCI) – Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Installations and Environment), to work with the private sector to upgrade the quality of family housing and operate and maintain that housing. The family housing assets are typically leveraged with private investment to accomplish housing construction and renovation goals faster and at a lower
cost than military construction.

Including the acquisition of the Fort Leonard Wood project, Balfour Beatty Communities, LLC (www.bbcgrp.com) operates 13 military housing privatization projects covering family housing at 38 military bases, including one unaccompanied personnel project; and is in exclusive negotiations relating to three additional family housing projects representing an additional five
military bases, as well as one unaccompanied personnel housing project. The Company previously has partnered with The Department of the Army for the military family housing privatization projects at:

• Fort Stewart, Hinesville, Georgia and Hunter Army Airfield, Savannah, Georgia

• Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC and Fort Detrick, Frederick,
  Maryland

• Fort Hamilton, Brooklyn, New York

• Fort Carson, Colorado Springs, Colorado

• Fort Gordon, Augusta, Georgia

• Carlisle Barracks, Carlisle, Pennsylvania and Picatinny Arsenal, Dover, New
  Jersey

• Fort Eustis, Newport News, Virginia and Fort Story, Virginia Beach, Virginia

• Fort Bliss, El Paso, Texas and White Sands Missile Range, Las Cruces, New    Mexico

The Company has partnered with the Department of the Navy for its Navy Northeast Region Project, covering eight Naval bases in Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York and New Jersey, as well as the Navy Southeast Region Project covering 11 Naval bases in South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, and Texas. The company has also partnered with the Department of the Air Force for Vandenberg Air Force Base, Lompoc, California and the Air Education and Training Command (AETC) Group I Project consisting of four Air Force bases located at

• Altus Air Force Base, Altus Oklahoma

• Luke Air Force Base, Glendale, Arizona

• Sheppard Air Force Base, Wichita Falls, Texas

• Tyndall Air Force Base, Panama City, Florida
   Balfour Beatty Communities has partnered with the Department of the Army  for the privatization of Unaccompanied Officer Quarters/Unaccompanied Senior Enlisted Quarters at Fort Stewart, Hinesville, GA.

About Balfour Beatty Communities
(www.bbcgrp.com)

Balfour Beatty Communities, LLC (formerly known as GMH Military Housing) is responsible for the development, renovation, operation and management of military privatization housing projects for the U.S. Departments of the Army, Navy and Air Force. The company has been a leader in the military housing industry, and provides services to members of the U.S. military
and their families residing on or near bases located in 21 states across the country. Currently based in Newtown Square, PA, the company employs approximately 1,000 people nationwide.

Offline sapperwife1976

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 03:54:04 PM »
I thought they did that before, I've seen the lawn guys in green shirts out there for years. They actually had to pay for a window to be replaced on my old car becuase it got busted out by a flying rock. I'm not sure how it worked before becuase I noticed they didn't do all the neighborhoods.

Same thing happened to us about a year ago!!  They acted like they didn't believe us either.....we left the rock there and everything and they actually started to question our claim.  But they ended up paying for it, so whatever.
If it has tires or testicles, it's gonna give you trouble. *anonymous*

Offline txrockingangel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 01:08:01 PM »
they all ready screwed up, i wish they wouldnt mow my yard. missed have of it and then weed-eated my flowers. im ready to move now. i love doing my yard. looks like they edged some streets but not ours of course.

Offline Painter Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 02:24:05 AM »
The developers who failed to build or rehabilitate the promised 1,200 houses at Little Rock Air Force Base apparently got a foot in the door by promising $200,000 to a retired Air Force general chief of staff and by working with a Republican fundraiser with ties to the Bush family and others.

The housing deal involving insiders was published earlier this month by Seattle Post-Intelligencer’s Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Eric Nalder.

The scandal has prompted Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) to sponsor a bill that would more closely scrutinize military contracts with private firms. Pryor said Monday that his bill had passed out of the Senate subcommittee and that he expected his bill to be part of the 2009 defense authorization bill.

“We will require a lot of nuts and bolts, monthly site visits and that the military does more due diligence in selecting the contractors,” Pryor said.

In his Post-Intelligencer article, Nalder’s identified Ret. Gen. Merrill McPeak, Air Force chief of staff during the Persian Gulf War, and a former lieutenant colonel from his staff as the consultants who were promised $200,000 for helping secure the first of six military housing contracts around the country.

Pryor said this appeared to be another example of the revolving door between the defense department and companies seeking influence in securing government contracts.

In 2004, American Eagle Communities, managed by Kathleen Thompson and otherwise made up of the Carabetta Carabetta Enterprises and Shaw Infrastructure, entered into a 50-year contract to build, rehabilitate, own and manage air base housing at Little Rock, Moody, Patrick and Hanscom Air Force bases.

They also won the contracts for the sprawling Naval housing at Puget Sound (Washington) and also at the Army’s Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri.

Thompson, who came to Little Rock Air Force Base for the groundbreaking of the American Eagle Community Center, was a major fundraiser for former President George H.W. Bush and counted Newt Gingrich, Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton and Ross Perot as friends.

But reports quickly surfaced that American Eagle was paying building contractors and suppliers late or not at all and three-years into the contract, it was already two years behind in the building program, according to Gen. Rowayne Schatz, commander of the 314th Airlift Wing at Little Rock Air Force Base.

Despite Carabetta’s 25-year history of bankruptcy, corruption allegations, unpaid contractors, slowly paid contractors, unfinished projects, unhappy partners, litigation and cross litigation, the Air Force determined that past performance was satisfactory for all four Carabetta/Shaw projects, according to Mike Hawkins. He is a spokesperson for the Air Force Center for Engineering and the Environment at Brooks City-Base, Texas, which manages the Air Force’s housing-privatization program.

Not only had Carabetta’s company filed for bankruptcy, but it had been prohibited in the 1990s from bidding on government housing programs, Nalder said, because it “improperly diverted millions from federal housing projects.”

Work at Little Rock Air Force Base stopped in May 2007, when the banks holding the construction bonds refused to advance American Eagle any more money.
At that time, the company had completed about 25 of the 1,200 houses and slabs had been poured for another 70.

The contract called for 468 new homes and 732 homes remodeled by 2011.
In response to American Eagle’s spectacular failure, Pryor last year introduced in the Senate a bill calling for increased oversight and transparency of those military contracts.

Of the Carabettas and Thompson, Pryor said, “I will be disappointed if they are allowed to bid other contracts. I support a death penalty. If you have a contractor that has had trouble before, they should not be able to bid on any contracts for a period of time.”

“I think Gen. Schatz has done a good job of monitoring this,” said Pryor, “as good as anybody in the system. The truth is that we’re going to end up with less housing than we had budgeted for. We’re trying to get a much as we can.

Of Carabetta, Thompson and American Eagle, Pryor said, “They are gaming the system. It’s inexcusable that we allow them to continue to bid.”

Pryor also said the death penalty should apply not only to the company, but to its principals and officers in the company so they can’t just change the name of their companies. The Air Force reportedly is withholding its decision of whether or not to blacklist Carabetta until all negotiations are finished. A new purchase and sales agreement will be signed within the next few months transferring the contract from American Eagle to Hunt-Pinnacle and should close in the fall, according to Hawkins.
That’s in line with Schatz’s estimation earlier this year that the deal could close in October with construction starting back up perhaps in the spring.

Hunt Building Corp. will be responsible for execution of the construction and renovation program and Pinnacle Property Management Services Corp. will provide day-to-day property management services, Hawkins said.

Hunt-Pinnacle, American Eagle and the Air Force all signed a letter of intent in April laying out the parameters of the remaining negotiations, although technically the Air Force is not a party to the negotiations.

Hunt-Pinnacle, which won the 2007 Air Force Professional Housing Management Association Award for best installation team for its work at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware, has built and manages tens of thousands of such units for the military.

Offline Painter Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 02:25:18 AM »
The above mentioned article was taken from the Saturday edition of the Daily Guide.