Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: Practically Enchanted....Awesome store!  (Read 70116 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Practically Enchanted....Awesome store!
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2008, 05:38:35 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Blow things up.. LOL

Dayam sorry about you not being able to freeze time or blow things up or orb.....bummer. But boy that would be so :{:{:
 Have you got any spells for Erectile Dysfunction ??
 That little blue pill don't mix well with my other medication.
 P.S. its good to know you have a sence of humor :th_gen129:

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2008, 06:11:15 PM »
I told you so!  LOL
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline silvanusmoonspirit

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2008, 07:16:12 PM »
There actually is an herb that helps with that male problem. It is called Horny Goat Weed. You should mix 1 tsp with 1 pint of water and drink up to 3 times a day. This is a Chinese Remedy. They also say that you should mix it with a Yin Tonic (Tonic consisting of Yin energy herbs), to avoid any side effects.

Dayam sorry about you not being able to freeze time or blow things up or orb.....bummer. But boy that would be so :{:{:
 Have you got any spells for Erectile Dysfunction ??
 That little blue pill don't mix well with my other medication.
 P.S. its good to know you have a sence of humor :th_gen129:
Merry Meet and Merry Part, Bright the cheek and warm the heart!
Blessed Be!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2008, 07:28:58 PM »
There actually is an herb that helps with that male problem. It is called Horny Goat Weed. You should mix 1 tsp with 1 pint of water and drink up to 3 times a day. This is a Chinese Remedy. They also say that you should mix it with a Yin Tonic (Tonic consisting of Yin energy herbs), to avoid any side effects.
Eeyore.... you just keep your mouth shut on that don't you dare comment on this.
If you do i will CAST a fertility spell on you and you will have 8 more childern with my new found power.

Baaaaaaaa  >:D  Baaaaaaaaaa  >:D  
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2008, 07:29:43 PM »
*snicker*

He said 'horney goat' then Rick showed up   ;D

'Course, I'm back too....    ???
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »
DANG IT!  I do wish Sabrina were here!
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2008, 07:46:49 PM »
DANG IT!  I do wish Sabrina were here!
This is one time i am glad shes not ::) :th_thwhistling:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline princesso8788

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2008, 01:20:48 AM »
 :karma: Great Store ,,,,,Wonderful friends.   Let me clue you in on something if you dont like it dont go,,,,,,if you do come on back .  If you want to know the truth drop by and ask questions a great group of people are there to answer whatever questions you have. 

We live next door to you,,,,we do business with you and you do buisness with us.  We are the person behind the counter at the store,,,,,,,the waitress who just took your order.  The Nurse who soothed your pain.  We may even be the best friend who helped you through the roughest time of your life.  I am the Battle buddy that kept you going and your barracks room mate who was there when you found out you lost a loved one.  I may be anyone you pass on the street or anyone you may come in contact with.  What do I look Like what do I sound like,,,,,,how can I make your day just a bit nicer .  Are those the words you expect to hear from a witch if not ,,,,,,,guess what you just did. 

Blessed Be
Princess (Red Hawk)  :karma:

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2008, 03:12:47 PM »
If you want to know the truth drop by and ask questions a great group of people are there to answer whatever questions you have. 

We live next door to you,,,,we do business with you and you do buisness with us.  We are the person behind the counter at the store,,,,,,,the waitress who just took your order.  The Nurse who soothed your pain.  We may even be the best friend who helped you through the roughest time of your life.  I am the Battle buddy that kept you going and your barracks room mate who was there when you found out you lost a loved one.  I may be anyone you pass on the street or anyone you may come in contact with.  What do I look Like what do I sound like,,,,,,how can I make your day just a bit nicer .  Are those the words you expect to hear from a witch if not ,,,,,,,guess what you just did. 

Blessed Be
Princess (Red Hawk)  :karma:

OK, you encouraged us to ask you questions, so I have a question.

Since you mentioned that some Wiccans are in the military as battle buddies and barracks mates, are any of you involved with either the Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers that attacked the Lebanon church's Christian retreat for basic trainees, or are any of you involved with the Fort Leonard Wood chaplain who became a Wiccan and got some national media attention? If either is the case, I'd be interested in interviewing a representative of the local Wiccan coven about what you see as the role of witchcraft in the Army and specifically at Fort Leonard Wood.

Regards,
Darrell Todd Maurina
Waynesville Daily Guide
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline lilbobbysmom

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »
Practically Enchanted and all of the people involved with it are not a coven, they are solitary practitioners who occasionally get together for a full moon ritual. There is no bloodletting, sacrifice, nudity, or group sex as someone stated earlier. Most of them are married and are monogamous. My mother is wiccan and married, she would never do anything to jeopardise her marriage. I think too many people mistake movies for reality and I feel for those who do because wicca is a very loving RELIGION! I hope, those of you who are truly worried about what they do, will go talk to them. They are a great bunch of people and I know you all would find them very normal! They are just like everyone else and would like to be treated as such.

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2008, 03:57:47 PM »
There were not any Wiccans that I know of involved in the attack on the Lebanon Church's Christian Retreat for Basic Trainees.  My question is does the military also offer a retreat for people of other faiths???  As I do know several Wiccans in the Military, most of them say the basic trainees cannot come off of post to go to a Full Moon Open Circle.  Doesn't seem fair that the Christian Basic Trainees would be able to, but that is just my thought process on the situation.  
As far as local coven's there is a small group.  Most people, however, are not part of a coven.  They are solitary practitioners.  There are numerous Elders in the area, which play an important part in the pagan community.  Age does not make one an Elder in our community, knowledge does.  
Most Wiccans accept the fact they are discriminated against on a regular basis by the mainstream, but we are always glad to help.  We understand that our actions create Karma, either for the good or the bad.  This is why most Wiccans are nonviolent.  I know of a lot of people that say they are "Wiccan," but dabbling or reading one book and thinking you know everything DOES NOT MAKE YOU WICCAN.  Wicca is not only a religion but a way of life.  If you have questions, stop by Practically Enchanted and visit with its staff members.
OK, you encouraged us to ask you questions, so I have a question.

Since you mentioned that some Wiccans are in the military as battle buddies and barracks mates, are any of you involved with either the Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers that attacked the Lebanon church's Christian retreat for basic trainees, or are any of you involved with the Fort Leonard Wood chaplain who became a Wiccan and got some national media attention? If either is the case, I'd be interested in interviewing a representative of the local Wiccan coven about what you see as the role of witchcraft in the Army and specifically at Fort Leonard Wood.

Regards,
Darrell Todd Maurina
Waynesville Daily Guide
Blessed Be!

Offline pctiger_wife

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2008, 04:07:11 PM »
THANK YOU for stating that.  Too many people that I've talked to have only read a book and now believe they're Wiccan.  They read the book and see some movies like The Craft and think..."Wow that looks neat....guess what?!  I'm a WITCH NOW!!"

LOL

I know of a lot of people that say they are "Wiccan," but dabbling or reading one book and thinking you know everything DOES NOT MAKE YOU WICCAN.  Wicca is not only a religion but a way of life.

Offline lilbobbysmom

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2008, 04:11:09 PM »
As for the person making comments about the sword fighting, if you would have checked your facts first you would know that they are having a barbecue and learning how to do re-enactments for upcoming Renaissance events in Missouri! I just can't believe the filth that runs through peoples minds sometimes. And you people are saying pagans are bad! I wonder if the person who wrote that was CHRISTIAN? Anyway, please go talk to the people at Practically Enchanted if you really want to know what it is they do, I did. With my mother being wiccan I wanted to find out as much as I could about it, because, in the beginning I thought exactly what most of you are thinking before I spoke with them. I am very proud of the choices my mother has made for herself, and although I am not wiccan, I see that she IS a better person because of the choice she made!

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2008, 05:35:39 PM »
OK, if there is no connection between Practically Enchanted or what appears to be the one local coven to the people attacking the Lebanon church or the Army chaplain who became a Wiccan and got a lot of media attention, I'll drop the question. We don't routinely cover small Christian churches and the same would apply to other religious groups, unless they're doing something of widespread interest beyond their membership.

However, this has certainly been an interesting addition to the local mix of discussions. It is something I never expected to find in rural Missouri -- except perhaps Appalachian "folk magick" of herbal remedies passed down from mother to daughter that "big-city Wiccans" might want to use as resources.

I had to spend a lot of time dealing with Wicca, various Eastern-themed religious practices, and similar items of esoterica in some previous places, however. My home church is in Greenwich Village in New York City, where it was for many years the only evangelical congregation in the area, and those who know what Greenwich Village is know what I mean when I say evangelical Christians are scarcer than atheists in foxholes in a lot of the places I've lived and worked.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline brucerhowell

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2008, 07:07:48 PM »
 :wee_fly: This is a really neet little store, I've been in there a lot just to buy incence and cletic items as I like my Scotish heratige. they do pay state and local taxes as they are no church, but I imagine they could get an IRS exemt if they filled out the right paper work. As far as not lasting in business, they are expanding, as business is better in Saint Robert. They pratice rites that where in place a long time before theChurch took most pagan holidays and made them what we celebrate today. Christmas, Easter, Holloween. all our pagan pratices, that you celebrate today.believe me watch the History Channel or A&E They do no harm as I see, The Iquestion did more harm to people then this little group At PE and our forefathers did to our American Indians and South American Indians in the name Christ. I hope them well in St Robert, and hope there business keeps growing. :yahoo: $%$#@%^

Offline princesso8788

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2008, 11:52:08 PM »
I dont have any idea of what you are talking about as far as the attack goes first I heard of it.  I have heard of the retreat and as has been pointed out The millitary makes no such provisions for its Wiccan or any other alternative religions.   It seems they go out of their way to assist those who are Christian and Wiccans or other Pagans are left to fend for themselves.  It seems to me that freedom of religion only counts if you are christian to them.    I dont push my beleafs on others and I expect the same respect in return. 

As far as the the chaplain who turned Wiccan I suggest you contact Public Relations for the post.  I am sure they will tell you exactly what they think. 

Princess (Red Hawk)

If Negativity is what you seek ,then that is all you will allow yourself to find or see. :shame:

Offline Desrt Sky

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2008, 12:00:25 AM »
lol
*snicker*

He said 'horney goat' then Rick showed up   ;D

'Course, I'm back too....    ???

Offline Desrt Sky

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2008, 12:08:03 AM »
Do they also do fortune telling with torro cards, palm reading, or crystal balls at this store?  :lurking:

Offline princesso8788

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2008, 08:15:36 AM »
Nope no torro cards,,,,,,,nope no palm reading,,,,,,,,,and nope no crystal balls :wee_fly:

Red Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »
We do carry Tarot Cards, Book on Palm Reading, and Crystal Balls.  From time to time we hold clases teaching Tarot and Scrying (Crystal Balls are used in a form of Scrying).  There are several people in the Store that read Tarot and Runes, but it is not offered as a service.
Nope no torro cards,,,,,,,nope no palm reading,,,,,,,,,and nope no crystal balls :wee_fly:

Red Hawk
Blessed Be!

Offline princesso8788

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2008, 01:44:51 AM »
 ((*(*&   LOL yea we do ,,,,have Tarot Cards and the like in there,,,,,,but no Torro cards.   Was joking around ,,,feeling a little bla so trying to goof off and get in a bit of a better mood. 

###$$#@! :yahoo: :wee_fly: ***(((*

Offline Desrt Sky

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2008, 01:47:55 AM »
 &^&&(  funny stuff...

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2008, 01:51:00 AM »
I went by the other day, lots of cars in the parking lot but store was closed.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2008, 11:50:24 AM »
Give me an O.. Give me an R...Give me an................
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2008, 03:26:30 PM »
Just to be clear the cars were all parked in front of the store and not cars parked by the restaurant or any other store front.  Probably about 6 cars.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2008, 03:45:44 PM »
Give me an O.. Give me an R...Give me an................

Where are you going with this Mark?
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2008, 04:23:39 PM »
 Oranges!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline angelamo

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2008, 08:06:32 PM »
LOL Oranges?

igahmah - good for you for going by the store, despite your earlier reservations!  :{:{:  +karma to you!

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2008, 09:33:26 PM »
Yes, we were having a class on Introduction to Tarot, you should have joined us!
I went by the other day, lots of cars in the parking lot but store was closed.
Blessed Be!

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2008, 09:41:48 PM »
Can you give me a "reading" over the computer?
~Teilhard de Chardin