Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: Practically Enchanted....Awesome store!  (Read 71053 times)

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
Re: Practically Enchanted....Awesome store!
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2008, 09:59:32 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2008, 10:26:59 PM »
I don't post much on this site as I prefer to sit back and just take things in, you learn more that way.  However I will enter into the fray on this thread. 

I find some of the posts offensive in nature and downright flippant/arrogant.  If you don't agree with someone's beliefs and practices then so be it.  Some of the insinuations just have me flabbergasted.  I know the people that own this store and it bothers me to see some of what is being posted about them and their beliefs. 

Wiccans are not satanists.  They are not evil and morally corrupt (as one poster seems hell bent on insinuating). 

Why does anyone find it "appropriate" to post some of what has been put up?  Would you post likewise to someone who....say attends Westside Baptist?  How 'bout the Methodist church or the Catholic church.  But you say that those are religions and those should be held sacred right? 

Well this is THEIR religion and they hold it sacred.  So just because you don't believe you find it ok to poke fun at or worse? 

Some folks should be ashamed at themselves. 

I think the folks at Practically Enchanted have shown just how gracious, kind and considerate they are to have remained so kind after reading some of these posts.

I know I might ruffle some feathers but so be it.  I just don't like folks singling out another person just because they are different and don't fit in with what "they" think is acceptable.  It is like being in Jr. High all over again.  Let's poke fun at the person who is different.

Hats off to the folks at PRACTICALLY ENCHANTED!  I love your store!    :yahoo:

yeah whatever~*

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2008, 10:40:22 PM »
 ***(**& :th_thgoodpost:

Offline "DJ"

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2008, 10:45:24 PM »
 :yahoo: I agree with you Carpenter . Great post.

Offline silvanusmoonspirit

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2008, 10:52:41 PM »
 ***(**& :woohoo:
I agree with you 150%!!!!!

I don't post much on this site as I prefer to sit back and just take things in, you learn more that way.  However I will enter into the fray on this thread.  

I find some of the posts offensive in nature and downright flippant/arrogant.  If you don't agree with someone's beliefs and practices then so be it.  Some of the insinuations just have me flabbergasted.  I know the people that own this store and it bothers me to see some of what is being posted about them and their beliefs.  

Wiccans are not satanists.  They are not evil and morally corrupt (as one poster seems hell bent on insinuating).  

Why does anyone find it "appropriate" to post some of what has been put up?  Would you post likewise to someone who....say attends Westside Baptist?  How 'bout the Methodist church or the Catholic church.  But you say that those are religions and those should be held sacred right?  

Well this is THEIR religion and they hold it sacred.  So just because you don't believe you find it ok to poke fun at or worse?  

I think the folks at Practically Enchanted have shown just how gracious, kind and considerate they are to have remained so kind after reading some of these posts.

I know I might ruffle some feathers but so be it.  I just don't like folks singling out another person just because they are different and don't fit in with what "they" think is acceptable.  It is like being in Jr. High all over again.  Let's poke fun at the person who is different.

Hats off to the folks at PRACTICALLY ENCHANTED!  I love your store!    :yahoo:
Merry Meet and Merry Part, Bright the cheek and warm the heart!
Blessed Be!

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2008, 11:12:48 PM »
I read this thread I don't recall anyone calling them "satanists or morally corrupt" Yet they keep telling us that their not?
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2008, 02:03:59 AM »
I read this thread I don't recall anyone calling them "satanists or morally corrupt" Yet they keep telling us that their not?

I figured that you would respond.  You need to be more mindful of what you post my dear.  Wasn't one of your recent posts insinuating something was "amiss' because there were several cars in their parking lot and the shop was closed???  Or did we just forget that "we" made that comment (which btw served no purpose other than to have another haha at their expense?).  I don't know you and I don't give a rats hiney if what I say upsets you. I call em' like I see them. 

SOMEONE needs to tell you that not everything that you put up is funny, and good gracious, APPROPRIATE.  You are mocking something that is of great importance to them.  It isn't a laughing matter and even I find it offensive  and I am not a practicing Wiccan. 

Just please lay off ok?
yeah whatever~*

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2008, 02:25:03 AM »
I don't post much on this site as I prefer to sit back and just take things in, you learn more that way.  However I will enter into the fray on this thread. 

I find some of the posts offensive in nature and downright flippant/arrogant.  If you don't agree with someone's beliefs and practices then so be it.  Some of the insinuations just have me flabbergasted.  I know the people that own this store and it bothers me to see some of what is being posted about them and their beliefs. 

Wiccans are not satanists.  They are not evil and morally corrupt (as one poster seems hell bent on insinuating). 

Why does anyone find it "appropriate" to post some of what has been put up?  Would you post likewise to someone who....say attends Westside Baptist?  How 'bout the Methodist church or the Catholic church.  But you say that those are religions and those should be held sacred right? 

Well this is THEIR religion and they hold it sacred.  So just because you don't believe you find it ok to poke fun at or worse? 

I know I might ruffle some feathers but so be it.  I just don't like folks singling out another person just because they are different and don't fit in with what "they" think is acceptable.  It is like being in Jr. High all over again.  Let's poke fun at the person who is different.

Hats off to the folks at PRACTICALLY ENCHANTED!  I love your store!    :yahoo:

Great post!
+ karma for you.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2008, 02:45:50 AM »
I have a challenge if anyone is up to it...come into the store and sit down for ten minutes just to visit with us and get to know us. It would be nice if you would get to know us for us.  If you would like to see what we do, feel free to attend a full moon open circle.  You may stand outside the circle and observe if you like, or if you are comfortable with participating, you are more than welcome to participate.  The circle is open to all who wish to attend. Before you judge us, or accuse us of anything, get to know us.  Feel free to ask us questions, we will gladly answer them.
Blessed Be!

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2008, 03:57:15 AM »
I was wondering if business has picked up since this thread has started up?  I hope so cause you have lots of free advertising going on here! lol  :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Offline WinterSerenity

• Tollerance starts with an open mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2008, 04:08:20 AM »
i have been watching this tread and other threads related to it on this forum for a few days now, and i must say i agree with carpenter. i find some of these posts disgusting and ill humored. since when was it the christian way to judge people and tell them they are wrong? would your beloved jesus be proud of you for doing so? i highly doubt it. i grew up catholic and in all the stories i heard about Jesus, never once was it mentioned how he was cruel to those who saw things differently then he did. never once was it mentioned how he bashed someone's beliefs because they were different from his own. think about this next time you get into a conversation with a pagan/wiccan/anyone who isn't a christian and you feel the need to speak in a belittling mannor to them.

the staff at PE are wonderful people. take the time to get to know them and the other people in the community and you just might change your mind about them. just please please please, refrain from trying to convince them they are on the wrong path or are doomed to an afterlife burning in some make believe pit with a red man wielding a pitchfork.
Goddess Bless

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2008, 04:38:02 AM »
Thanks folks for keeping your tempers when posting.

Now if everyone can just keep being nice, somewhat objective and on topic here as we have been.  Don't want anybody gettin carried away like they have over in the opinion threads tonight.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2008, 12:28:32 PM »
I have a challenge if anyone is up to it...come into the store and sit down for ten minutes just to visit with us and get to know us. It would be nice if you would get to know us for us.  If you would like to see what we do, feel free to attend a full moon open circle.  You may stand outside the circle and observe if you like, or if you are comfortable with participating, you are more than welcome to participate.  The circle is open to all who wish to attend. Before you judge us, or accuse us of anything, get to know us.  Feel free to ask us questions, we will gladly answer them.
So you can get some of my hair...I think not!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2008, 01:12:02 PM »
People tend to make fun of something and worse when they don't understand it, that's human nature. truthfully a lot of the snide remarks stopped after people associated with the store started to explain better what they are all about.  The worst thing of it is that people assume christians aren't going to do these things. Since when are christians not human. I'll probably cause a fight again which isn't my intention but Carpenter's post is what a lot of us have been posting on the religion board, defending their faith. So yes there are those on here who poke fun at and make fun of christians and they defend it, its the nature of the board. I'm not saying that's how it should be, but that is how it is. I'm glad you support Practically enchanted and all who are involved in the store but there are better ways to show it. I myself would love to go there and see what its like and try some sweets and I will as soon as I can get over there sometime.

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2008, 03:40:41 PM »
And Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will.  Harm none.  We don't want your hair.
So you can get some of my hair...I think not!
Blessed Be!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2008, 03:48:59 PM »
And Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will.  Harm none.  We don't want your hair.
I don't know about you silvanus but those of us whom are hair impaired could use some of Marks, he has so much and its just not fair :crying:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »
Bald is beautiful JT. Didn't you know that?

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2008, 03:53:28 PM »
Bald is beautiful JT. Didn't you know that?
Not bald its just that my brush has more in it than my head does or so it seems sometimes :jester:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2008, 05:25:03 PM »
Joe is the same way and he's only 20. :D

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2008, 05:52:21 PM »
All joking aside, I am fearful for your souls. The devil looks for any opportunity he can to get in your life (and spirit) And I think if you play in the devils playground it is far to easy for him to take over. I think without "The armor of God" you are very vulnerable. I truly love, and care about everyone on here and only want the best for you.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2008, 06:00:42 PM »
Mark, they asked that no one do that.  And anyway, I'm sure their
"soles" are just fine.  (The bottom of their feet?)
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2008, 06:28:17 PM »
I only hope that prE4cher reads this thread and will see that the 'spelling, correction, and typo' thing happens to more than  just him and by more than just me.
That being said, Mark, you are right --Sore tired feet stink!
Mark, they asked that no one do that.  And anyway, I'm sure their
"soles" are just fine.  (The bottom of their feet?)
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2008, 06:36:06 PM »
I fixed it, and yes it was funny.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline WinterSerenity

• Tollerance starts with an open mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »
i can assure you mark, their souls are just fine where they are. best to worry about your own soul before anyone else's.
Goddess Bless

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2008, 06:54:51 PM »
I know, I think I get that from my mother.
~Teilhard de Chardin

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2008, 07:31:56 PM »
Feel free to pray for us Mark.  We will graciously accept any positive energy you want to send our way.  I can assure you my soul is just fine.  I know exactly what I am supposed to do in this life.  I have a great respect for people of all different paths.  I respect everyone and love them as though they are like family.  I learn all that I can and keep an open mind about everything.  I do not judge others.  I do not cast people out because they are not perfect or do not see things from my perspective.

All joking aside, I am fearful for your souls. The devil looks for any opportunity he can to get in your life (and spirit) And I think if you play in the devils playground it is far to easy for him to take over. I think without "The armor of God" you are very vulnerable. I truly love, and care about everyone on here and only want the best for you.
Blessed Be!

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2008, 01:22:49 AM »
That is your opinion Mark, not mine, but thank you for caring for everyone...in your own way..

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2008, 11:30:49 AM »
Please share your views!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2008, 03:09:15 PM »
LOL Oranges?

igahmah - good for you for going by the store, despite your earlier reservations!  :{:{:  +karma to you!

I drove by to get a look at it, had no plans to go in, but they weren't open anyway.   I still hold firm to my belief system and will not be supporting the store.  Still have my reservations.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline angelamo

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2008, 03:24:37 PM »
Well...atleast you were curious enough to go take a look. ;) You still get that + Karma. Have another.