Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Mass shooting at Ft. Hood  (Read 26688 times)

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
Re: Mass shooting at Ft. Hood
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2009, 01:59:14 AM »

Share/Bookmark

"I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2009, 02:23:25 AM »
What the heck is wrong with our leadership?

"We don't know all the answers yet and I would caution against jumping to conclusions until we have all the facts," Obama said."

Jumping to conclusions, hhhmmmmm, you mean something like "the police acted stupidly" when your friend was breaking in his home ??? Guess it all depends on the conclusion jumped to..........

This has got to be the worst President of my lifetime. I saw him on his first press conference after the shooting happened and the first couple of minutes he was bragging on the darn conference he was at and someone that attended. He must just despise the military and what they represent. I need a drink...............
"The Republicans know we have a constitution, and they dismiss it with contempt and arrogance ... The Democrats simply act like they never heard of it ..."

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2009, 03:16:47 AM »
There is no "jumping" to conclusions.... fact: Major Hasan, Muslim, didn't want to fight against his fellow Muslims, shot and killed his fellow soldiers, wounding many others, counseled soldiers who suffered from PTSD due to service in Iraq or Afghanistan, argued with fellow soldiers over their support of the war, yelled “Allah Akhbar” BEFORE shooting his fellow soldiers......nope, not jumping to anything...fact IS fact.

Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2009, 03:54:50 AM »
There is no "jumping" to conclusions.... fact: Major Hasan, Muslim, didn't want to fight against his fellow Muslims, shot and killed his fellow soldiers, wounding many others, counseled soldiers who suffered from PTSD due to service in Iraq or Afghanistan, argued with fellow soldiers over their support of the war, yelled “Allah Akhbar” BEFORE shooting his fellow soldiers......nope, not jumping to anything...fact IS fact.

I told you there was a lot that we agreed on! 

Another thought about this..... how about being a soldier coming home from war after attempts on your life by Muslim "extremists" and being counseled by um .... a Muslim extremist.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2009, 06:03:07 AM »
I told you there was a lot that we agreed on! 

Another thought about this..... how about being a soldier coming home from war after attempts on your life by Muslim "extremists" and being counseled by um .... a Muslim extremist.
Go one step further.... suffering from PTSD, having a Muslim extremist counseling you, AND writing reports that you have to rely on for disability!  Wonder how the military, or VA are going to use his reports?  Did he put down in their medical records what was really going on, or his extremist views of those that were in conflict with "his Muslim brothers"?  How many of my comrades are going to be denied benefits and help, because a Muslim extremist felt they were in the "wrong", and gave them erroneous diagnosis just so they couldn't make a claim?

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2009, 07:05:43 AM »
Go one step further.... suffering from PTSD, having a Muslim extremist counseling you, AND writing reports that you have to rely on for disability!  Wonder how the military, or VA are going to use his reports?  Did he put down in their medical records what was really going on, or his extremist views of those that were in conflict with "his Muslim brothers"?  How many of my comrades are going to be denied benefits and help, because a Muslim extremist felt they were in the "wrong", and gave them erroneous diagnosis just so they couldn't make a claim?

Good points!  I don't have the exact quotes but I do remember reading that he had to be "counseled" about his rapport with his patients at Walter Reed.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2009, 01:35:26 PM »
I heard news reporters on tv referring him to the "alleged" shooter.  When you see someone doing the deed are they still alleged.  Call him what he is a murderer.

Also a spokesperson for the muslim religion was on tv this morning telling how he had been harrassed by fellow soldiers for being muslim.  So that will be his defense.  Someone called him a name so he killed 13 people and shot 30+ more.  Sounds like a good defense to me. ???
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2009, 03:04:38 PM »
Let's see....I was the only Jew in my unit for a long time, had to work on the holiest day of the Jewish calendar, had NO on Post Rabbi, heard all the "Jew jokes", then got out and because of a prejudice Doctor (I have the actual medical report (from that Doctor) that noted, numerous times, I was a "Jewish" female, which had NOTHING to do with my gallbladder!) I suffered with a bad gallbladder from Sept. 1977 until May 2000 (yep, almost 23 years, because he felt I was a "nervous Jewish female" and thus faking it!).... I didn't kill one single person, including that a$$hole Doctor!

Now, Muslim shrink, possibly teased about his religion, and he killed and wounded dozens.  Yep, sounds like he has one hell of a case for his defense!  IF, by any chance, he uses such a defense and our military allows him to get a shorten sentence, or puts him in a mental hospital, then there is no doubt that this Country has lost it's b@lls!

Offline cenwoman

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2009, 04:55:18 PM »
I saw the interview with the soldier who said he was harrassed and there was alot more to it. He said the military was good about taking care of the problems and that he would welcome more background checks into Mulims in the Military. He felt the Muslim religion was bieng hijacked by extremists . He was not defending what happened or the man who did it,

Offline whatsnew

• I love coffee
  • I must have coffee or I am very grouchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2009, 06:08:32 PM »
I saw the interview with the soldier who said he was harrassed and there was alot more to it. He said the military was good about taking care of the problems and that he would welcome more background checks into Mulims in the Military. He felt the Muslim religion was bieng hijacked by extremists . He was not defending what happened or the man who did it,
"A lot of us work very hard for this country, to make America a better place," said Muqtedar Khan, a progressive Muslim scholar who has just given Congressional testimony on U.S. foreign policy in Afghanistan before Thursday's attack. "And this one nut like Maj. Hasan comes along and in one crazy episode of a few seconds he undermines these years and years of hard work we are doing to make American Muslims part of the mainstream in the community."
This quote is right on target.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33748670/ns/us_news-faith/
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
Thats why they call it the present

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2009, 08:38:42 PM »

The interview I saw was a muslim woman and it said she was a spokesperson for some muslim group.  It was not a soldier.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!