Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Mass shooting at Ft. Hood  (Read 26754 times)

Offline whatsnew

• I love coffee
  • I must have coffee or I am very grouchy
    • View Profile
Re: Mass shooting at Ft. Hood
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2009, 07:11:09 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

gov perry already said he will make sure hasan is executed, if he makes it to trial.

Just a question, he will be tried in a Military Court???Correct??
Could the State of Texas also try him since a civilian was killed? Just curious because of the governors statement.
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
Thats why they call it the present

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2009, 07:20:17 PM »
I hope they don't as long as the Military puts him to death. For Tx to try him as well would be show boating and waste of taxpayers money. I never understood the whole feds try someone then the state try the person. Try em and fry em. You can only kill them once.

Offline whatsnew

• I love coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2009, 07:22:33 PM »
I hope they don't as long as the Military puts him to death. For Tx to try him as well would be show boating and waste of taxpayers money. I never understood the whole feds try someone then the state try the person. Try em and fry em. You can only kill them once.

If the military doesnt put him to death THAT will be as harmful as what he has already done.
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2009, 07:24:34 PM »
I agree. But I would bet my last dollar they do.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2009, 07:53:32 PM »
10 or 15 years down the road....Maybe

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2009, 08:19:45 PM »
As with any death sentence it takes a while. Hopefully this one won't. But I would NOT bet my last dollar on it.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »
Iím sick of being politically correct about this.

AMEN!  This has been and will continue to be the main reason for the downfall of our great nation. And the spin is already on full-force.  The media is making this more about a man under stress than the issue of a man fulfilling what his "bible" teaches
"I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2009, 08:43:52 PM »
Even if this was stress he made it about religion when he yelled God is Great in Arabic. 

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »
Even if this was stress he made it about religion when he yelled God is Great in Arabic. 
EXACTLY!

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2009, 08:52:29 PM »
Sept 11th did a lot more than just kill innocent people.... it was more than just an attack on the United States.  Since 9/11, every Muslim is looked at suspiciously.... Islam was also assaulted.  I personally have known MANY Muslims that do NOT agree with the ideology of radical Islam, but so many are now in fear of their lives, and the lives of their families if they speak out against radical Islam.  Many remain silent.  Is this right?  I honestly can not say, because I personally do not know how I would react, if the life of my children and Grandchildren, would be at stake. 

Islam is NOT a religion of peace, but there are Muslims that accept only the good, peaceful aspects of the Qur`an, just as most Jews and Christians accept only the good, peaceful aspects of the Tanach.  Anyone who has ACTUALLY read/studied Judaism/Christianity, knows that they did NOT start as peaceful religions.  Each religion is responsible for atrocities against their fellow man, IN THE NAME OF G_D/religion, Islam is no different.  Sept. 11th changed the world, in more ways than many of us realize.
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2009, 09:05:05 PM »
Hope they feed him plenty of pork chops in the hospital.  He deserves every bit if humiliation they can provide him as far as I am concerned.  Give him a fair trial and then hang him

Offline whatsnew

• I love coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2009, 09:12:54 PM »
Hope they feed him plenty of pork chops in the hospital.  He deserves every bit if humiliation they can provide him as far as I am concerned.  Give him a fair trial and then hang him

STANDING O ***(**& ***(**& ***(**&
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2009, 09:55:52 PM »
While Judaism and Christianity didnít start out as peaceful religions and have killed in the name God. They are not doing now or here. Islam is not that new of a religion. Donít quote me but didnít Islam start around 600 yrs after Christianity. Does it say in the New Testament to kill people? While Iím not being PC I would like to add that if you move to this country then you should expect that your children are going to become westernized. Donít run them down in a parking lot for it. When you move here leave your laws and customs in the country that you trying to escape from. If your laws and customs say that women canít wear pants and you want to enforce that then stay in that country. I wouldnít go to another country and think that because Iím American that American laws and customs should apply.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2009, 09:57:13 PM »
Hey Matrsnot.... pork chops?  Way too good for him... I can think of another part of the hog they should feed him, then let him know that the testicles will be taped in his mouth, for him to be hung with.  He should have to be hung nude, by a Jewish woman, as executioner.  I'm willing to volunteer!
 :th_grinin:

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2009, 10:36:31 PM »
While Judaism and Christianity didnít start out as peaceful religions and have killed in the name God. They are not doing now or here. Islam is not that new of a religion. Donít quote me but didnít Islam start around 600 yrs after Christianity. Does it say in the New Testament to kill people? While Iím not being PC I would like to add that if you move to this country then you should expect that your children are going to become westernized. Donít run them down in a parking lot for it. When you move here leave your laws and customs in the country that you trying to escape from. If your laws and customs say that women canít wear pants and you want to enforce that then stay in that country. I wouldnít go to another country and think that because Iím American that American laws and customs should apply.
It says in the New Testament that you are to follow ALL of the commandments, not just 10... learn the commandments and you will find there are some horrific "laws".....

New Testament:
Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Hmmm, seems to me that's saying kill those that don't believe.....

To tell a people that they must leave their customs in the country they left, would mean that many of OUR customs, must be thrown aside.  Let's take a little look at what we would HAVE to get rid of.....Christmas, forget St. Nicholas, have to get rid of St Paddy's Day, don't light a menorah for Chanukah, etc.  I agree that customs that cause physical/psychological harm, such as honor killings, MUST not be allowed here, but they are also against our laws.  We are a melting pot, made up of many peoples, many customs and that, in itself, makes us the richest cultural country in the world.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2009, 10:49:48 PM »
You are on a roll, dear sir!

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2009, 11:05:16 PM »
The dead included a pregnant woman who was preparing to return home, a man who quit a furniture company job to join the military about a year ago, a newlywed who had served in Iraq and a woman who had vowed to take on Osama bin Laden after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline whatsnew

• I love coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2009, 11:14:21 PM »

Yes and deserves another standing O ***(**& ***(**&
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2009, 11:14:35 PM »

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Hmmm, seems to me that's saying kill those that don't believe.....

Kari, I believe you are taking a Scripture out of context here. I've always believed that one gets very little from a single Scripture as Scripture interprets Scripture - it must be viewed as whole and in it's entirety.   

Jesus was telling a parable and it is eschatological in nature and applies to the time of Christ's return.  In essence He was saying that whatever you are given you are to be faithful with - and then you will be given more.   Christ will then be the one to dole out the "rewards" and "punishment" (spiritual death) - not man.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2009, 11:20:06 PM »
You're right, I can hang out with him an entire evening and never get anything like this.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2009, 12:06:16 AM »
Kari, I believe you are taking a Scripture out of context here. I've always believed that one gets very little from a single Scripture as Scripture interprets Scripture - it must be viewed as whole and in it's entirety.   

Jesus was telling a parable and it is eschatological in nature and applies to the time of Christ's return.  In essence He was saying that whatever you are given you are to be faithful with - and then you will be given more.   Christ will then be the one to dole out the "rewards" and "punishment" (spiritual death) - not man.
You assume I am taking it out of context, fundamentalists...Jewish, Islamic, Christian, use such versus' (in their scriptures) to justify their behavior.  It was asked "does it say in the New Testament to kill people", and yes, it does.  Who are you to assume how your Jesus meant it?  You may wish to believe that Christianity is a peaceful religion, BUT it's all about interpretation!  Just as those who have killed Doctors, that performed abortions, and insist that they are justified because of THEIR interpretation of scripture.  Not all Christians are abortion Doctor killers, BUT all abortion Doctor killers HAVE been Christian.  Look at the women, in the past 10 years, who have killed their children, or allowed their children to die....due to their religious belief.  A little research will show that every one of them, were Christian, and they justified the murders using their religion.

It is way too easy for each of us to profess what a wonderful religion we may be part of, and look at the worse of other religions.  It is far more difficult to take a long hard look at our own religion, it's beginnings, and it's scriptures.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2009, 12:14:18 AM »
You assume I am taking it out of context, fundamentalists...Jewish, Islamic, Christian, use such versus' (in their scriptures) to justify their behavior.  It was asked "does it say in the New Testament to kill people", and yes, it does.  Who are you to assume how your Jesus meant it?  You may wish to believe that Christianity is a peaceful religion, BUT it's all about interpretation!  Just as those who have killed Doctors, that performed abortions, and insist that they are justified because of THEIR interpretation of scripture.  Not all Christians are abortion Doctor killers, BUT all abortion Doctor killers HAVE been Christian.  Look at the women, in the past 10 years, who have killed their children, or allowed their children to die....due to their religious belief.  A little research will show that every one of them, were Christian, and they justified the murders using their religion.

It is way too easy for each of us to profess what a wonderful religion we may be part of, and look at the worse of other religions.  It is far more difficult to take a long hard look at our own religion, it's beginnings, and it's scriptures.
Sheeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaack :wink1a:
Awe the old Kari is Back.
I'm not pissed yet but I will give her time ((*(*&
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2009, 12:54:12 AM »
  It was asked "does it say in the New Testament to kill people", and yes, it does. 
Kari, I really don't want to argue with you on this as I believe we have much more in common than what we disagree upon. 

However, to say that the NT commands murder from this verse is more than a stretch.  Jesus was telling an allegorical story to illustrate a central truth.  Anyone that dissects a parable and tries to make each part of it a fundamental view of Christianity is truly missing the point (and you are right, that is where we get some really hair-brained theology).

The Bible is full of rich metaphors that are not to be taken literally.  Jesus isn't a real vine, I'm not really a branch but the symbolic nature of a teaching like that can be very enlightening.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2009, 01:10:21 AM »
Seeg, surrender now.  She won't give in or give up. :)
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2009, 01:16:13 AM »

Kari, I really don't want to argue with you on this as I believe we have much more in common than what we disagree upon. 

However, to say that the NT commands murder from this verse is more than a stretch.  Jesus was telling an allegorical story to illustrate a central truth.  Anyone that dissects a parable and tries to make each part of it a fundamental view of Christianity is truly missing the point (and you are right, that is where we get some really hair-brained theology).

The Bible is full of rich metaphors that are not to be taken literally.  Jesus isn't a real vine, I'm not really a branch but the symbolic nature of a teaching like that can be very enlightening.

Yet there are many on here that say the verses are to be taken literally...So once again it boils down to personal belief...In all things, not just religion, we all believe what we CHOOSE to believe.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2009, 01:22:07 AM »
SOOOO True!!
The Most Pigheaded,Stuborn woman I have never met
 :th_thmuwahaha-1: Bahahahahaha
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2009, 01:29:51 AM »

Yet there are many on here that say the verses are to be taken literally...So once again it boils down to personal belief...In all things, not just religion, we all believe what we CHOOSE to believe.
***(**&

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2009, 01:34:13 AM »
We've had our debates before.  Kari is very intelligent and eloquent and I wouldn't expect her to "give in or give up" and that's not even my intent as I have absolutely nothing against Kari.  But to take a "story" that Jesus told and somehow convert that to an instruction of murder goes against the totality of Scripture itself.

And Okie is right as well.... we all "choose" to believe what we will.  Jesus was either a liar, a lunatic or Lord - there really isn't an option other than those three.  And we all have the right and responsibility to "choose" which of the three we believe.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2009, 01:47:26 AM »
I am extremely *guilty* of taking the middle ground, because so many people make so many good points..It must be nice to absolutely know that you are right, but I just can't do that. I just try to keep my mind open.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2009, 01:49:32 AM »
Sorry for the temporary hijacking.... back on topic for me.

Here is the typical, politically correct media response. Check this out..... I'll let you decide what is missing from this article.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/thehumancondition/archive/2009/11/06/from-ft-hood-to-florida-the-psyche-of-shooters.aspx