Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Our Commander in Chief Giving Shout out's  (Read 6479 times)

Offline Probie

• View Profile
Our Commander in Chief Giving Shout out's
« on: November 06, 2009, 05:20:50 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Am i the only one that caught this?   :o  He gave a "Shout Out" before he spoke about the Fort Hood tragedy?? Could he not of picked a worse time to give a shout out, If bush had done something that embarrassing it would have made world news for a month...  :anger: Way to make us proud Mr.President.... ::)

[size=117%]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYldhOp1p34[/size]

Offline fish

• View Profile
Re: Our Commander in Chief Giving Shout out's
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:35:01 PM »
I caught it on drudge. unfortunatly nobama's hatred for our troops and the country is routine and not reported by his media.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 05:37:41 PM »
seriously.... that was the most inappropriate time to do that.  How ridiculous!!!
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 06:42:34 PM »
Am i the only one that caught this?   :o  He gave a "Shout Out" before he spoke about the Fort Hood tragedy?? Could he not of picked a worse time to give a shout out, If bush had done something that embarrassing it would have made world news for a month...  :anger: Way to make us proud Mr.President.... ::) 

Yes Probie I did notice.
I also gave him a shout back thru the TV.
You want to know what I said?
I said you sorry :th_tha3ab577b-1: I hope you :th_tha3ab577b-1: and This goes for Nancy the :th_tha3ab577b-1: and the rest of you no good :th_tha3ab577b-1: nancy boys :th_tha3ab577b-1: :th_tha3ab577b-1: :th_tha3ab577b-1: :th_tha3ab577b-1: :anger: %%$%$$#
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 07:05:38 PM »
I see you light becoming brighter as I type. :)
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 07:37:14 PM »
I see you light becoming brighter as I type. :)
Damn did Rick turn my warning light on again? ^^^%%%
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 08:38:25 PM »
I agree that he should have mentioned the shooting first. But this was not a press conference about the shooting but was addressing Indian concerns. So he would have caught flake from one group or another.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 09:26:22 PM »
Hes an idiot. I hoped like hell He would be a good president.
Biscuit

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 09:38:04 PM »
I agree that he should have mentioned the shooting first. But this was not a press conference about the shooting but was addressing Indian concerns. So he would have caught flake from one group or another.
Exactly, the press conference was not put together to talk about the shooting and had nothing to do with it. He chose to mention it during the press conference. So what's the big deal?
I am not sticking up for him because I am an Obama fan, because that's not the case. I just think that no matter what he does or any other president for that matter, the people that do not approve of him will find any little thing they can to nit pick about.
JMO
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 10:04:33 PM »
I'm sure you would feel the same way if someone in your family was injured at ft.hood and he mentioned a medal winner before this tragic incident.  I just think he should have prioritized a little bit better than what he did....  Like I said before if bush would have done something like this it would have been inexcusable to the public IMO

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 10:11:02 PM »
If it had been a conference about the shootings I would totally agree with you. But it wasn't. He thanked everyone for putting together a great conference and gave a "shout out" to the medal winner for attending the conference. Then talked about the shooting.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 10:20:53 PM »
31 seconds into the video it says "News Conference on deadly mass shooting at Fort Hood"

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 10:35:22 PM »
Yes it does. But if you listen to what he is talking about in the beginning it's obvious that the conference wasn't about the shooting. They put that across the screen because they knew he would talk about the shooting.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 10:36:35 PM »
Here is what the conference was about.

November 5, 2009              By Victor Merina of Reznet

Obama: Tribal Nations Conference Just a Start             
WASHINGTON, D.C. Fulfilling a campaign pledge, President Obama welcomed nearly 400 tribal leaders to his White House Tribal Nations Conference on Thursday and assured them that his support of Native issues is genuine and his historic summit is no mere "lip service" to Indian Country.
Tribal leaders, many of whom had supported Obama during his campaign, greeted him warmly as he underscored his political and personal kinship to Natives and provided access to his top officials so they could hear firsthand the concerns of tribal communities.
Obama also publicly signed a memorandum aimed at beefing up an old executive order from the Clinton Administration that was supposed to help Native communities but has languished for nine years in the bureaucracy.
That order was intended to establish 'regular and meaningful consultation and collaboration" between Native nations and the federal government, Obama said, but little has been done. With the signing of his memorandum, Cabinet agencies will now have to produce a plan in 90 days.
'Part of a Lasting Conversation'
"And I want to be clear about this," he told the group at one point, "Today's summit is not lip service. We're not going to go through the motions and pay tribute to one another, and then furl up the flags and go our separate ways. Today's sessions are part of a lasting conversation that's crucial to our shared future."
In inviting representatives of 564 federally recognized tribes, Obama was making good on a campaign promise to bring tribal leaders to Washington to help his administration shape federal policies regarding Indian Country.
Critics and even some of his supporters had questioned whether such a summit would take place or, if it did, whether it would turn out to be a one-time event. While stopping short of any timetable, Obama indicated that the tribal summit was just a start.
In his talk, Obama said he understood such skepticism and that few people have been more marginalized and ignored by Washington as Native Americans.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 10:41:08 PM »
And another clip of the conference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlRX1hjkGDc

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 10:42:56 PM »
The media didn't show the entire conference, only showed what was relevant to the breaking news story

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 10:54:49 PM »

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 11:29:08 PM »
Yes it does. But if you listen to what he is talking about in the beginning it's obvious that the conference wasn't about the shooting. They put that across the screen because they knew he would talk about the shooting.
If anyone was watching it as it was happening It was anounced by the networks as they recieved word from the white house (this was CNN,MNBC and FOX)That there would be a news conference ON THE SHOOTING AT FT. HOOD............

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 06:53:47 PM »
Its Fox News.

Go figure.

Isn't that enough said?

Offline Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 08:38:35 PM »
I think combining the two was a poor choice on his part........

The following is a transcript of remarks by President Barack Obama during the closing of the White House Tribal Nations Conference, November 5. Provided by the White House.

THE PRESIDENT: Please, everybody have a seat. Let me first of all just thank Ken and the entire Department of the Interior staff for organizing just an extraordinary conference. I want to thank my Cabinet members and senior administration officials who participated today. I hear that Dr. Joe Medicine Crow was around, and so I want to give a shout-out to that Congressional Medal of Honor* winner. It's good to see you. (Applause.)

My understanding is, is that you had an extremely productive conference. I want to thank all of you for coming and for your efforts, and I want to give you my solemn guarantee that this is not the end of a process but a beginning of a process, and that we are going to follow up. (Applause.) We are going to follow up. Every single member of my team understands that this is a top priority for us. I want you to know that, as I said this morning, this is not something that we just give lip service to. And we are going to keep on working with you to make sure that the first Americans get the best possible chances in life in a way that's consistent with your extraordinary traditions and culture and values.

Now, I have to say, though, that beyond that, I plan to make some broader remarks about the challenges that lay ahead for Native Americans, as well as collaboration with our administration, but as some of you might have heard, there has been a tragic shooting at the Fort Hood Army base in Texas. We don't yet know all the details at this moment; we will share them as we get them. What we do know is that a number of American soldiers have been killed, and even more have been wounded in a horrific outburst of violence.

My immediate thoughts and prayers are with the wounded and with the families of the fallen, and with those who live and serve at Fort Hood. These are men and women who have made the selfless and courageous decision to risk and at times give their lives to protect the rest of us on a daily basis. It's difficult enough when we lose these brave Americans in battles overseas. It is horrifying that they should come under fire at an Army base on American soil.

I've spoken to Secretary Gates and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, and I will continue to receive a constant stream of updates as new information comes in. We are working with the Pentagon, the FBI, and the Department of Homeland Security, all to ensure that Fort Hood is secure, and we will continue to support the community with the full resources of the federal government.

In the meantime, I would ask all Americans to keep the men and women of Fort Hood in your thoughts and prayers. We will make sure that we get answers to every single question about this horrible incident. And I want all of you to know that as Commander-in-Chief, there's no greater honor but also no greater responsibility for me than to make sure that the extraordinary men and women in uniform are properly cared for and that their safety and security when they are at home is provided for.

So we are going to stay on this. But I hope in the meantime that all of you recognize the scope of this tragedy, and keep everybody in their thoughts and prayers.

Again, thank you for your participation here today. I am confident that this is going to be resulting in terrific work between this government and your governments in the weeks, the months, and years to come. God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.

If the Indian conference was really a top priority as he said why did he say little about it and more about the tragedy?

Why did he play down the tragedy with a shout out prior to?

He did a lose, lose here. He belittled Indian relations and the troops.

He should have closed the conference then spoke to the Ft. Hood shooting. IMHO

"The Republicans know we have a constitution, and they dismiss it with contempt and arrogance ... The Democrats simply act like they never heard of it ..."

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 07:10:49 PM »
I'm sure someone would have found something wrong no matter HOW he delivered the data.

This is like Bill Clinton all over again...

The Republican Propaganda Machine just keeps on turning...

Offline DollarBill

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 02:21:36 PM »
You all still haven't figured out that Obama is a complete and certifiable idiot?

It doesn't matter what party he is.  He's a friggin idiot.  He does not have his finger on the pulse of America, nor, do I believe have a clue to what we are about.

He's a politician.  He's about politics.  He has already demonstrated his contempt for the US and its history, military, and most of all its people.
Yet you all want to defend him as he's not as bad as Bush.  Who gives a fat rat's ass who he's not as bad as?  He's freakin bad Okay?  End of story.

When the time comes lets do better.   As for you rants along political lines, STFU.  We are all tired of hearing this crap.  From both sides.

Just like I told them when I walked from work.

Screw you guys; I'm going home.  Thank you Eric Cartman.  A freakin cartoon character that seems to have a better insight than many.

Write what you want in reply.
I won't read it anyway.  I'm done here
Bill Turner
Waynesville.
I was alright . . .   I got over it.   
It takes 43 muscles to frown; 17 to Smile.
But Only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze....

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 04:11:30 PM »
After reading the article, I have to ask a question.  What personl kinship can he have with the Native Americans of this country?  He is half Kenyan and half white the last time I remember his claims.  With myself and my wife having Cherokee in us, this is an insult to both of us and all Native Americans.  He is a joke and a terrible president.  The only thing Obama is about is Obama.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 06:04:34 PM »
You cry more about the most insignificant shit, its a wonder you don't have permenant mascara runn marks around your eyes.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 06:27:19 PM »
Insignificant to you perhaps.  Not to us.  Perhaps you should try to stop the kool aid and learn about real truths instead of only those you seem to believe in.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 07:00:13 PM »
He doesn't have a clue what we are about?

What are YOU about?  Enlighten me.  This is your big chance to speak out and be heard.  Oh... wait... your won't read this anyway.  Your done here.

You told your job to screw off and then walked home?  Ok.  I guess your doing the same with this site it seems.  I wonder what else you have told to screw off and walked away from.

Wait... I don't guess I really care because it doesn't matter.  You told the site to screw off and walked home.

Have fun watching South Park.  I thought the episode that the world lost internet was pretty funny, if disgusting.  I can't remember much else about the show except that it got more and more old with each passing season.

They just try too hard to be shocking lately I think.

You all still haven't figured out that Obama is a complete and certifiable idiot?

It doesn't matter what party he is.  He's a friggin idiot.  He does not have his finger on the pulse of America, nor, do I believe have a clue to what we are about.

He's a politician.  He's about politics.  He has already demonstrated his contempt for the US and its history, military, and most of all its people.
Yet you all want to defend him as he's not as bad as Bush.  Who gives a fat rat's ass who he's not as bad as?  He's freakin bad Okay?  End of story.

When the time comes lets do better.   As for you rants along political lines, STFU.  We are all tired of hearing this crap.  From both sides.

Just like I told them when I walked from work.

Screw you guys; I'm going home.  Thank you Eric Cartman.  A freakin cartoon character that seems to have a better insight than many.

Write what you want in reply.
I won't read it anyway.  I'm done here
Bill Turner
Waynesville.