Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Arrest in Death case - Routh  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Arrest in Death case - Routh
« on: May 03, 2007, 09:58:06 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Press release

Arrest in Death case

Pulaski County Sheriff J. B. King

May 3, 2007

As a result of an investigation into the death of John L. Routh, age 32, of Crocker, Missouri on April 28, 2007 by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, a statement of probable cause was sent to the Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.

The statement of probable cause outlined an incident where felony possession and use of a controlled substance occurred. As a direct result of the felony violation of the controlled substance laws the death of Mr. Routh occurred. Whenever a death occurs during the commission of another felony that death may result in a charge of Murder in the second degree.

As a result of the investigation into John L. Routh’s death a charge of murder in the second degree was filed by the Pulaski County Prosecutor on May 3, 2007, against another Crocker, Missouri resident. It is the policy of the Pulaski County Sheriff not to disclose the names of the accused until such time as they have been arraigned in Pulaski County Circuit Court. The name will be released at a later date.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
Re: Arrest in Death case - Routh
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 12:00:58 PM »
I'm glad to see some actions have been taken. I knew John and the rest of his family, My heart goes out to his Mom, Dad, His Sisters and his young son. John was such a sweet young man.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline L. Poe

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 03:44:21 PM »
It's a shame that another life has been wasted by drugs.  At least someone is taking action.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 12:32:46 PM »

A Crocker man died after overdosing on stolen drugs while his son waited in another room, according to court documents filed last week by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.

Shortly before the Daily Guide’s press deadline for Friday’s paper, Sheriff J.B. King announced that an investigation into the suspicious death on April 28 of John L. Routh, 32, had led to an autopsy and a decision to ask the prosecutor’s office to charge an unidentified man with second-degree murder. The man’s name was not released by King pending arraignment on the charges.

On Friday, Prosecuting Attorney Deborah Hooper announced that Travis E. Pierce, 30, of Crocker, faces a Class A felony charge of second-degree murder for his role in Routh’s death. According to Hooper’s criminal complaint filed with the court, “Routh was killed by lethal injection of Fentanyl, a controlled substance, as the result of the perpetration of the Class B felony of distribution of a controlled substance.”

As a Schedule II controlled substance, Fentanyl is a powerful narcotic available only by prescription and illegal to use by methods and doses other than those prescribed by a doctor.

The probable cause statements filed by deputies accompanying the criminal complaint detailed the circumstances surrounding Routh’s death.

According to the deputies’ report, when they arrived at Routh’s home on the 13000 block of Billiard Drive, they found ambulance personnel doing CPR and preparing to transport Routh. Deputies spoke with Routh’s mother who said she had received a call earlier in the day reporting that her son was in the tub with his clothing on. The mother called, demanded to speak with her son, and was told by Pierce that he was not responsive and that she should come to the home. The mother told deputies that when she arrived at the home, she suspected a drug overdose due to her son’s “past history of drug addiction” and told deputies that Pierce “is an addict.” The mother then told Pierce to call 911; attempts by her and her husband to save Routh’s life by CPR were not successful.

Pierce had earlier refused to call 911, according to court documents.

A third man who has not been charged in the incident told deputies during their investigation that he had given Pierce a ride to Routh’s house and said Routh “went into the bathroom for approximately 10 minutes and looked sick when he exited,” and then passed out. The man “said they could call 911 but (Pierce) refused, alleging he knew what to do” and asked for the man’s help getting Routh into a Jacuzzi tub. The man then left and didn’t tell anyone about the overdose until interviewed by deputies.

Three days after the initial interview, the man amended his statement and said Pierce said he had broken into a house and stolen Fentanyl patches.

“When they were at (Routh’s), (Pierce) offered (Routh) a patch,” according to court documents. “(Routh) accepted but did not have a syringe; then (Pierce) said he would ‘hook John up.’ (Pierce) went into the bathroom and prepared the dose. While (the third man) watched (Routh’s) minor son, (Routh and Pierce) went into the bathroom. A few moments later, (Routh) came out then passed out. After getting (Routh) in the tub, (Pierce) struck (Routh) in the face and held his head by the hair, claiming (Routh) was all right. (The third man) told (Pierce) not to hurt (Routh) and was told to leave because he was making (Pierce) nervous. (The third man) said he locked the bathroom door so (Routh’s) son would not have to watch (Pierce) trying to revive (Routh).”

When interviewed by deputies, Pierce said he had been called by Routh who had invited him to his residence to use drugs and said “after (Routh) used, he fainted so (Pierce) put him in a tub of cold water to shock him back. (Pierce) said he took (Routh’s) clothing off, ripping the leg of (Routh’s) jeans in the process… (Pierce said Routh) was gasping but thought he would be all right, so he closed the door.” According to Pierce, when Routh’s mother called, Pierce forced the door open and saw Routh “had not moved from the position he had been left in approximately 10 minutes earlier” and told Routh’s mother to come over. Pierce said he was told to leave and walked the railroad tracks back to Crocker.

Pierce was arrested on Wednesday. The second-degree murder charge carries a penalty of 30 years in prison but can be upgraded to life in prison under certain circumstances.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »
This is 1 guy that it wouldn't bother me to see him hang

Offline Louise Cann

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 09:05:52 PM »
This post I've commented on because although old,it's important.I feel like Crocker did not call for help because of this law.Addicts will call for help before this law was written,.Now addicts either use by their selves and die alone with no help if they o.d. or their friends will frantically try to revive them and if they can't they quietly leave assuring the demise of the mutual friend.As for supplying the man named Rouse,I can assure you that addicts don't have to be held down in order to get high.It would have eventually happened without the assistance of Crocker.I can assure you that if Crocker wasn't afraid of arrest for calling for help,the young man that overdosed would be alive and well.Anyone wonder why the other man present ,who told Crocker to call for help, wasn't charged for not only being there but not calling for help himself? Howlong and how many must die before foolish people think before unleashing such a catch 22 law on the population.? If you want to save lives,make treatment available for those poor unfortunate addicts.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 07:51:55 PM »
Narcan, the opiate anti-overdose drug went on sale 9-1-2016 over the counter throughout Missouri. No longer is a script from a doctor needed.

JB