Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: What did Vicky Hartzler write on Facebook today?  (Read 13228 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
What did Vicky Hartzler write on Facebook today?
« on: November 13, 2010, 05:41:23 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What did Vicky Hartzler write on Facebook today?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 05:42:18 PM »
Met her at the Parade, she didn't utter a  sound after I said nice to meet you.. Gone to her head already.

Vicky
Hartzler
First day of deer season! Lots of
hunting in the Fourth today! Hope everyone has a gets a big one! Be
safe!

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 06:00:48 PM »
Met her at the Parade, she didn't utter a  sound after I said nice to meet you.. Gone to her head already.

Possibly, but I don't think she's trying to ignore her constituents. I do know that she's making significant efforts to reach out to media throughout the district, many and probably most of which virtually ignored the congressional race, either because they assumed (wrongly) that Ike Skelton could not be beaten or because the vast majority of local newspapers simply do not have the staff or knowledge to effectively cover a congressional campaign.

On the other hand, if you identified yourself with the Pulaski County Web, between my reporting on her and some information she's been getting from certaiin local leaders, I think she might just be concerned that anything she said could show up on the internet.

That's not a wrong guess on her part if she had been talking to me and I have a tape recorder or a pen in my hand. Anything said by a politician at her level at a public event is on the record; Skelton knew that, virtually everyone in Congress knows that, and if Hartzler doesn't know it yet, she'll find out fast with reporters far more aggressive than me. For a member of Congress, probably the only way I would ever agree to consider comments at a public event off the record would be for national security reasons if he/she wanted to say something to troops without broadcasting it to our enemies.

Hartzler's media relations people do understand the difference between the Pulaski County Web and the Pulaski County Daily News, but considering that I was usually the only person covering events by her or Ike Skelton in Pulaski County and there are so many different newspapers in the Fourth Congressional District, I think there's a good guess that she wouldn't have a reason to know the difference between us.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
uhmmm, not so much...she has her poor overworked campaign manager setting up phone interviews, then canceling them right and left....of course, he takes the blame" I over booked her, I gave her wrong dates"...yeah right....and by the way, is she going to have Thanksgiving dinner at the mess hall? hahahaha
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 06:14:04 PM »
oh, and actually they dont even call and cancel....only when poor Steve is contacted and he says what?, I will get back to you....then it is all his fault.....

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
uhmmm, not so much...she has her poor overworked campaign manager setting up phone interviews, then canceling them right and left....of course, he takes the blame" I over booked her, I gave her wrong dates"...yeah right....and by the way, is she going to have Thanksgiving dinner at the mess hall? hahahaha

Interesting.

Years ago, I used to cover mess hall events on Thanksgiving when the senior officers were dishing out food to the troops -- for the most senior of leaders who started out years ago as Vietnam-era draftees who decided after Vietnam to use the GI Bill to go to college and joined ROTC programs, it typically gave a nice Thanksgiving story about how general so-and-so or colonel so-and-so used to be a private on KP duty.

I don't think I've never done that at Fort Leonard Wood, but if Vicky Hartzler is coming, unless PAO objects (which they may) I owe it to Hartzler to go out there and report whatever comments she wants to make about valuing the sacrifices of military personnel away from home on Thanksgiving.

I am quite sure she will not cancel that sort of media event.
Darrell Todd Maurina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »
I believe her answer was, I will keep it in mind...paraphrasing there....

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 06:33:22 PM »
I believe her answer was, I will keep it in mind...paraphrasing there...

Thank you for the clarificiation. Serving at the mess hall and eating with the troops is actually a really good idea, but Vicky Hartzler has a young elementary-school-aged daughter and I think most people would entirely understand if she wants to be with her family. This and the upcoming Christmas holiday may be the last time she can do that for a very long time.

oh, and actually they dont even call and cancel....only when poor Steve is contacted and he says what?, I will get back to you....then it is all his fault.....

I get the picture.

BTW, just so people know, the "Steve" being referred to here is not a political flack but rather a career journalist with a couple of decades of media experience, most recently working for MissouriNet. He got into some sort of problem with Democrats that I haven't bothered to track down, and decided to leave the media and start working for Republican campaigns.

Steve is a professional and knows what he's doing -- including the importance of protecting the candidate or the elected official by taking the blame for mistakes involving the media. That's what PR people do.
Darrell Todd Maurina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »

Thank you for the clarificiation. Serving at the mess hall and eating with the troops is actually a really good idea, but Vicky Hartzler has a young elementary-school-aged daughter and I think most people would entirely understand if she wants to be with her family. This and the upcoming Christmas holiday may be the last time she can do that for a very long time.

I get the picture.

BTW, just so people know, the "Steve" being referred to here is not a political flack but rather a career journalist with a couple of decades of media experience, most recently working for MissouriNet. He got into some sort of problem with Democrats that I haven't bothered to track down, and decided to leave the media and start working for Republican campaigns.

Steve is a professional and knows what he's doing -- including the importance of protecting the candidate or the elected official by taking the blame for mistakes involving the media. That's what PR people do.

okay then, the higher calling, lol...her kids can come too.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 06:38:42 PM »
Yes I was introduced as Rick Lepard from Pulaski County Web. The people near me all got the impression she was snobish..

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 06:40:38 PM »
I was not privy to that meeting, but I was told by several others that she was snobbish and stand offish.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 06:59:19 PM »
Yes I was introduced as Rick Lepard from Pulaski County Web. The people near me all got the impression she was snobish..

The local people advising Hartzler range from some who have known and respected me for years to others who regard me as a dangerous reporter who can't be avoided but has to be handled carefully. A few of them regard me as somewhat lower than a piss ant. There's a good chance that you got tarred because of associating with me.

I've been involved with politics literally all the way back to when my father was taking me as a baby to political rallies in his role as a Republican Party official. I realize it will take time for any incoming politician to figure out who he/she needs to pay attention to in an unfamiliar county, and who is trying to get the politician's ear for their own agendas rather than to be helpful. If I were Vicky Hartzler, I'd be doing a lot of learning about Pulaski County, and I can't blame her for listening to some people who warn her to steer far away from both me and you. She needs to rely on the advice of others until she can make her own evaluation.

What Vicky Hartzler does in Washington and how the rest of the media cover her will determine whether I pay attention to her or not, other than her occasional appearances in Pulaski County. Covering Congress is not my job, but the meetings of the House Armed Services Committee are often televised, and if nobody else is paying attention to her, I will have to.

Unfortunately, it would not surprise me if I end up being the only reporter from Hartzler's district covering what does does in Congress, and if that happens, I guess I'll have to add videotaping of the House Armed Services Committee to the list of meetings I need to be covering.

I think anybody who has spent very much time reading my work knows what happens when I start paying attention to what people say at meetings.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 07:32:34 PM »

I just did some checking on Steve Walsh, the media liaison for Vicky Hartzler who used to work for MissouriNet.

Walsh got blasted by Missouri's liberal blogosphere for a "tweet" on his personal Twitter account pointing out that Osama bin Laden has decided to call global warming a worldwide danger. Apparently it is not allowed to be a "global warming denier" in the Missouri news media.

Here's his tweet, sent on Jan. 29, 2010:

http://twitter.com/#!/stevemonet/status/8369127456

TEXT: "Osama Bin Laden formally joins the American Left ... buying into global warming and blaming the U.S."

And here's his post on the issue:

http://stevewalsh2010.posterous.com/im-outta-here-for-now

Sounds to me like Walsh took a position with which most of us on the Pulaski County Web would agree. It's the greenhouse gas/global warming issue that underlies the "cap and trade" vote that would dramatically increase electricity bills; Ike Skelton's vote for that bill was a major factor in Farm Bureau endorsing Hartzler and seems to have been a major factor in Skelton's defeat.

However, he got eaten alive by a liberal "attack of the blogs":

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201001290022

http://www.firedupmissouri.com/content/missourinets-walsh-osama-bin-laden-formally-joins-american-left-because-he-believes-global-w

http://www.firedupmissouri.com/content/thought-your-friendly-thought-police

Here's Walsh's summary from his own blog: "Yup, it was a joke. But the left wing blogosphere got hold of it and went nuts. It was an attempt at humor, but clearly I had struck a nerve - causing considerable angst among the folks at Fired Up! Missouri here in the Show-Me State and Media Matters on the national level. I forgot a cardinal rule - never poke fun at someone's religion. My humor led to a backlash from those for whom global warming - or climate change as it is called when the weather turns cold - is a sacred religious belief. The furor has yet to die down."

Here are some other posts by liberal bloggers attacking Walsh's conservative views:

http://www.firedupmissouri.com/content/when-good-thing-bad-thing

http://www.firedupmissouri.com/walsh_on_bloggers

Sounds to me like Steve Walsh is a pretty good guy. The least that can be said is that he has the right enemies.

And here, by the way, is a really good piece by Walsh on how, as an old-school journalist, he's had to interact with the "new media" of the internet. I've made some very deliberate decisions about how to be involved with the Pulaski County Web, and Walsh's essay touches on a number of the issues involved in running a blog and how it carries risks that are different from traditional media.

http://missourinet.posterous.com/the-differences-between-us-and-them

And by the way, for the people who think I'm alone in being a reporter who gets taken apart from time to time by bloggers, here's a timeline of attacks on Walsh:

http://www.firedupmissouri.com/category/topics/steve-walsh

Bottom line: I can't see a problem with Walsh. Looks like Vicky Hartzler made a good decision in hiring him. There aren't very many conservatives in the news media and while it's too bad he's now in PR work, I understand better than a lot of people how difficult it is to deal with left-wing media managers or to run an internet news operation.
Darrell Todd Maurina

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »
and that has what to do with my post...I also think Steve Walsh is a good guy, caught up in a bad situation

he is getting blamed for her inattentiveness.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 07:47:47 PM »
and that has what to do with my post...I also think Steve Walsh is a good guy, caught up in a bad situation. he is getting blamed for her inattentiveness.

No criticism of you intended at all, Okie... We both agree that Steve Walsh is a good guy.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 09:13:52 PM »
Steve Walsh has been a friend for a number of years, I can assure you he is a great guy.  Just throwing in my 2 cents since his name has come up. 

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 09:25:22 PM »
"On the other hand, if you identified yourself with the Pulaski County Web, between my reporting on her and some information she's been getting from certaiin local leaders, I think she might just be concerned that anything she said could show up on the internet."  DTM Quote

So what you are saying is she has time for the media but not for anybody else.  Face it, she lost in Pulaski County and she could care less whether anybody here likes her or likes what she does.  She won without this vote.  Now what we need to do it kiss her butt so she thinks Pulaski County is a great place and will work hard to do what is best for this county and not just the ones that voted for her.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 09:31:45 PM »
"On the other hand, if you identified yourself with the Pulaski County Web, between my reporting on her and some information she's been getting from certaiin local leaders, I think she might just be concerned that anything she said could show up on the internet."  DTM Quote

So what you are saying is she has time for the media but not for anybody else.  Face it, she lost in Pulaski County and she could care less whether anybody here likes her or likes what she does.  She won without this vote.  Now what we need to do it kiss her butt so she thinks Pulaski County is a great place and will work hard to do what is best for this county and not just the ones that voted for her.

It's true that Pulaski County went by a sizeable majority for Ike Skelton, and was one of the few counties to do so.

We'll see how Hartzler handles that reality.

At least for me, I have no intention of trying to "kiss her butt," or that of anyone else. She'll get the same treatment as any other elected official, though probably a lot less attention than our local people since I cannot realistically do much of anything to cover her work in Washington except watch her on C-Span.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 11:05:58 PM »

Ya folks, "Send Ike Home", "Take a Hike Ike".  You got what you asked for.  Mrs. Fartzler will really give a damn about you and our area.  You better get ready to Kiss her rear. ^%^%$   Pucker up.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 11:52:45 PM »
A simple nice to meet you and a hello to the people around me would have went a along way.. She was miss ice queen..

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 12:08:15 AM »
Am I to understand our country wants to stiffle the sales of coal when it is a huge export and we have a good chunk of it on our continent?

Sounds to me like Walsh took a position with which most of us on the Pulaski County Web would agree. It's the greenhouse gas/global warming issue that underlies the "cap and trade" vote that would dramatically increase electricity bills; Ike Skelton's vote for that bill was a major factor in Farm Bureau endorsing Hartzler and seems to have been a major factor in Skelton's defeat.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 01:17:18 AM »

Ya folks, "Send Ike Home", "Take a Hike Ike".  You got what you asked for.  Mrs. Fartzler will really give a damn about you and our area.  You better get ready to Kiss her rear. ^%^%$   Pucker up.

Not me, I voted for Ike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 01:26:39 AM »
Am I to understand our country wants to stiffle the sales of coal when it is a huge export and we have a good chunk of it on our continent?

That's exactly what the people who believe in global warming want to do.

Of course if they're right and coal burning will raise the planet's temperatures as much as they say, their plans for cutting coal usage and a lot of other things that produce greenhouse gasses make sense.

Only one problem: Somebody needs to get the Russians as well as the Chinese, Indians, and a whole host of other smaller developing countries to agree. Considering that many of them have minimal if any environmental regulations now, that will be a neat trick.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline sarah page

• "When The Rich Wage War, Its The Poor That Die"-Linkin Park
  • Muchlove To All
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 01:08:57 PM »
I was at a bible study last night with a bunch of pure Republicans. I am a Democrat. But they we all very angry about the Vicky Hartzler vote which surprised me. But one is worried about the fate of her job as an nurse on the fort, one has a husband who works with this friend on the fort, and the other is a college student, plus others who dont vote yet. But we are also worried about the fate of Whiteman. I personally have friends who work at Whiteman and we are worried about it's fate. We all we're laughing at her stupidity about the whole "Why dont we have a naval base", and we came to the came to the same conclusion. Lake of the Ozarks is going to be the next naval base. LOL

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 02:32:51 PM »
maybe wait till she is sworn in to start bitchin? If she doesn't deliver, she will be toast in 2 years, just like Ike was this year.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 04:37:08 PM »

Vicky
Hartzler
Am heading to Washington to begin New
Member Orientation. Looking forward to a good, big week!

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 11:18:20 PM »
Some one broight her over to me and introduced her to me as a member of the Patriot Guard and Freedom Of *Road Riders. She lloked at me and said, yes, i have heard of you bikers before and turned her back to me and walked away. i also go the impression she was snobish
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2010, 11:30:30 PM »
wonder if she was nice to Fish?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 11:58:49 PM »
she would have been nice to me, I just know it! LOL LOL If she is that way with her constituents, she will have a short career, no matter what good she may do.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2010, 12:56:50 AM »
Some one broight her over to me and introduced her to me as a member of the Patriot Guard and Freedom Of *Road Riders. She lloked at me and said, yes, i have heard of you bikers before and turned her back to me and walked away. i also go the impression she was snobish
Wow, she sounds like a "lovely" lady.... I'm THRILLED I didn't vote for her!
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC