Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: Brac will be next  (Read 3774 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
Brac will be next
« on: December 18, 2013, 02:08:55 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
Re: Brac will be next
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 02:31:30 AM »
The Republican-led House passed the bill last week to cut pensions of military retirees.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 03:22:49 AM »
and the dem led senate will vote to pass it. plenty of blame to go around. It will be a "bipartisan" effort . Next yr is an election yr. It should be interesting.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:37:09 PM »
I've always said, be careful what you ask for, you might get it.
You've been wanting the government to spend less, well here it is.
BRAC will hit FLW especially hard.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 01:58:13 PM »
Out of control spending is good? Cutting spending is bad? LOL LOL the dod is one of the first places cut because it is easy. welfare is one of the last because that is where thelib constituency is. We all know parts that could be cut. Such as the child care credit the illegals claim. It would save how many billions? But cut military retirees pensions is a better idea? Brac will happen, you reduce the size of the military, not as many bases are needed. FLW may be affected, maybe not. I am more concerned about the nation then one fort. Elected officials need to be contacted to let them know what we think. next yr is an important election yr. The house and a third of the senate is up for reelection!

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 04:48:19 AM »
We all know parts that could be cut. Such as the child care credit the illegals claim. It would save how many billions?

"There you go again" Repeating right wing fairy tales.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »
Why do you think this a fairy tale?

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 02:56:06 PM »
What do you think it means when they say they are cutting pensions.   Does this mean they will receive less money than they do today?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 04:42:55 PM »
the cola raise will be reduced by 1%. It doesn't sound like a lot to some, but the retiree pension will not keep pace with inflation over time.

maybe read a little news shady before spouting off?
http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/18/senate-dems-block-amendment-to-restore-veteran-benefits-by-closing-illegal-immigrant-welfare-loophole/#!

the nobamaphones cost 2.2 bil a yr. cutting those would save 22 bil over the same 10 yr period as congress is trying to save 6 billion over 10 yrs on military retirees backs.

Offline berto45

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 12:39:45 PM »
Every right wing nut is drinking Faux News Kool-Aid. Retirees pensions are not being cut, my check of 50% of my high-3 is not being touched. Yes, no "pay" raises as far as COLA is concerned but I am ok if that it takes to fix this mess. Everyone is ok with cuts as long as it is not your piece of the pie. Hypocrites!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 01:35:32 PM »
It is not hypocrisy as I see it.  And I am old enough this does not affect me at all.  Having said that, there are numerous ways to cut spending without screwing retirees and disabled veterans.  Want some examples?  Cut funding to the UN.  Cut funding to Islamist groups who want to kill us.  Muslim Brotherhood ring a bell?  Friends of Obama though, so we know that will not happen either.  Stop NSA funding for spying on all Americans. Cut DHS spending and their ability to violate the Constitution.  Cut Congressional pay and retirement programs as well as perks.  Make Congress a PART TIME job so they have to earn money from WORKING.  Defund obamacare.  Cut foreign aid. 

Right now, the government is getting more funding in taxes than at any time in history.  Problem is they keep spending more than We the People have and they have bankrupted this nation in the deliberate attempt to take over We the People.  Think about that.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 11:25:01 PM »
when your retirement doesn't keep pace with inflation you will care.

the military is always a target because it is easy and many people don't care. wait until brac hits, then they will care.

The Air Force is cutting 25,000 next year

the army is cutting 4000 officers and is doing qmp on enlisted now. the other branches are cutting also.

fewer people mean fewer bases will be needed.

Offline berto45

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »
I agree with your comments but don't sell it as a retirement cut because is not. I have concerned friends and family calling asking how bad this will affect me and I have to explain for what is actually is, I will not be getting my 20 dollars increase. I never said I wasn't concerned.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »
over time is where the effects will be felt. by then it will be too late.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 05:38:27 PM »
You know it is funny when you think about it. The baby boomer generation put us in the mess we are in now. There government overspent. (Yes there's as the Majority of senators are over 50 and in the baby boomer generation.) Yet we generation x and yers are expected to pull the slack. Why shouldn't the eldery be forced to make cuts. (OH NO THEY GOING TO TOUCH MY SSI)If your disability or pension dries up why not just go back to work. I am sure that you can still talk on a phone all day. I am sure a lot of telemarketing firms will hire you for min wage. OH WHATS THAT, can't live off min wage?  Well work harder.
All you old foggy's think that the government needs to cut back don't realize that it is you and the Military that are the largest spenders. If we cut those two out of the picture we would have a huge surplus... And no amount of cuts in other areas will ever touch the debt we have acquired.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 06:15:06 PM »
The boomer generation got us in this mess? LOL LOL

what was the deficit when nobama took office? what is it now? why hasn't nobama had a budget passed since he took office. no budget = unlimited spending. Check the last 5 yrs.

what is the unemployment  rate? How many quit looking for work?

every generation supports the generation ahead of it. ss is funded by workers, not retirees.

the xers are the whiners, the y's are the entitled. neither have respect for those that paid their own way.

The elderly have paid their own way.

Us old fogy's(fogies) know that the government needs to cut back. the entitled and whiners have their hands out, they are the ones that don't want their handouts cut.

What price would you put on freedom? We don't need a military? How are the old foggy's (fogies) one of the biggest spenders?

We have such a large debt because an idiot can't stop spending. Was cash for clunkers necessary? Bailing out GM? Solyndra, fiskars, nobamacare, nobamaphones, tax credits for illegal aliens, how many vacations at our expense? The list goes on, but the mess we are in now happened since the idiot took office.

true to gen x and y's, you have no clue about the government and how it works.  But at least us old fogies can spell! LOL LOL

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 08:56:18 PM »
ebilly, I am 66 years old, an old fogy, and I am still working 40 hours a week.  I don't expect generation x, y or z to support me, I just want to be able to keep what I work for and not have to support generations x, y or z.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 02:03:36 AM »
I know where several cuts in spending could be made and not affect social security (which is NOT an entitlement.  It is and was paid for by those now receiving it) or the military or retirees and veterans.  of course you "progressives" can't comprehend what is actually necessary and what is not.  You are too full of hate for anyone and anything that does not fully support or agree with your agenda.  No more personal choices are needed.  You want a nanny state from the moment you are born as if you were entitled to it all just because you were born.

Progressives seem to hate Everything.

Can anyone cite what Progressives actually Love without mentioning:
a) Big Government
b) Power to control how people live and what personal choices people make
c) Power to silence dissenting voices
d) Roll your own, it is so easy because Progressives are so transparent

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 03:28:13 AM »
that is all most of us want Igahmah. I don't think that is asking too much. The liberals have a different take.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 03:34:35 AM »
you are right matrs. SS was funded by those working, when they retire ss is continued to be funded by the working class. It used to be 5 workers for everyone drawing ss. now I think it is 2:1. what screwed it up isn't just unemployment (fewer people paying into it), but ssi, and people drawing disability when their unemployment runs out. not to mention the gov't raiding the fund also.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 01:13:50 PM »
If we ever get out of the Bush Wars, the Military budget can be decreased to peace time levels.
That is after we repair and replace all the equipment we wasted and wore out.
The only thing these "unfunded" wars did was raise the cost of crude oil and weaken our military.
It did make Haliburtan, KBR and the oil sheiks that funded the 911 terrorists richer.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 04:33:26 PM »
 the wars are nobama's wars. He followed W's drawdown plan for Iraq. Nobama said he would get out of these wars. what is the hold up 5 yrs later? What equipment was wasted and is worn out? do you know the purpose of military equipment? Nobama gave haliburtin no bid jobs and bowed to the sheiks.
Lack of refining capacity raised oil prices. The old war for oil crap has been disproven and worn out.
5 yrs later it is still W's fault? LOL LOL that shows how much of a failure nobama has been. This country is in worse shape now than when nobama took office. Rally around your hero all you want, but the facts are nobama has and is still ruining this country