Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Man Missing from FLW  (Read 9110 times)

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Man Missing from FLW
« on: March 21, 2007, 08:18:05 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

This was sent to all people on Post today.

The following is provided as a community service: 
Winston Day, an employee at the Truman Education Center, has been missing since late Monday night.  He was last seen on post.

Details provided by the Missouri Highway Patrol below:

MISSOURI STATE HIGHWAY PATROL
                             a division of the
                        DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY

ENDANGERED PERSON ADVISORY

For further information please contact:   Mo State Highway Patrol Troop I
(573) 368 2345
Troop I
03/21/2007

EMPHASIS:  Endangered Person Advisory

State of Missouri Endangered Person Advisory

TheMo State Highway Patrol Troop I has issued an Endangered Person Advisory for a missing person incident that occurred at Education Center, Fort Leonard Wood at 10:00 pm on 03/19/2007.

Missing Is:
Winston Day a White, Male, age 76

Vehicle Information:
Maroon 2000 Buick Lesabre bearing MO, 5SBW last seen at Education Center in Ft Leonard Wood unknown direction

Brief circumstances regarding the Endangered Missing Person incident (Include pertinent medical, mental, or other well being information) Winston Day is a 76 year old W/M suffering from the “early” stages of Ahlzheimers Disease.  Mr. Day works at the Education Center @ Fort Leonard Wood, Pulaski County.  Mr Day worked from 3:30 pm to 10:00 pm on Monday March 19, 2007 and has not been seen since leaving work.  Mr Day mentioned to family and friends lately that he wanted to go see family in the Mobile, AL area.

Anyone seeing the missing person, suspect, associate, or vehicle, or anyone having any information related to the endangered missing person should immediately dial 911 to contact the nearest law enforcement agency or call the Mo State Highway Patrol Troop I at (573) 368 2345.

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

watson

Re: Man Missing from FLW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 09:19:13 PM »
Oh gosh I hope we find that man before something bad happens to hiim if it hasn't already.....Bless his heart...I do hope and pray that he is found and is o.k.

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 11:39:20 PM »
BUMP!!

watson

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 11:42:36 PM »
What is BUMP Ed.....are you typing while driving or what....hehehe

Offline pctiger_wife

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 03:25:26 AM »
Poor Winston!  I hope he's ok.  He's such a sweet little old man.  When his wife died, I felt so sorry for him.  He was in Wal-Mart one day looking sad.  I asked him what was wrong, and he said his wife used to love to go shoe shopping.  She would spend a ton of time in the shoe dept, and it used to aggravated him.  Then he said, "I would give anything in the world to go shoe shopping with her just one more time."  Poor ole guy.

watson

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 09:33:45 AM »
A bump is when you want a topic moved to the top of the section.  So if you just post bump in the reply button, this topic will move up. 

Thank you very much for telling me Arkangel....I had no idea...you learn something new everyday......

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 11:54:06 AM »
This is David Days dad right?
Yes it is
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 12:06:14 PM »
I sure hope they find him soon and that he is okay. 

watson

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 03:32:20 PM »
Does anyone know if they have found him yet this morning....

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 05:12:07 PM »
Does anyone know if they have found him yet this morning....

Still no word.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

watson

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 09:24:40 PM »
My prayers will be with you sweetie till you find him.....stay calm and have faith.... &^^&&^^

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 07:11:50 AM »
I sure hope they find him soon and that he is okay. 

Me, too.
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 04:32:16 PM »
I hope Winston is okay.  I missed seeing him wandering the halls at the Ed Center this week.  He has been a part of that building for so many years that it seems empty without him in it.  The family is in our prayers.

Offline PattiJo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 04:54:46 PM »
Lots of prayers go out to the family.  Hope you hear something very, very soon..

Offline love2bowl

• Lurker
  • If money talks, my wallet is whispering
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 05:19:47 PM »
Have the roads that Winston would normally drive home on been checked in case he has ran off the road?  I know the West Gate road is a very good road but has some really deep ravines.  If necessay I would be willing to help look or do anything else that might help locate him.  My heart goes out to the family as this time must be very stressful to you.  I can only imagine how lost you feel.  Hope you hear something very soon.

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 05:28:36 PM »
      My heart and prayers go out to the family as well.  I hope you find him soon, and that all is well.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 07:25:29 PM »
Have the roads that Winston would normally drive home on been checked in case he has ran off the road?  I know the West Gate road is a very good road but has some really deep ravines.  If necessay I would be willing to help look or do anything else that might help locate him.  My heart goes out to the family as this time must be very stressful to you.  I can only imagine how lost you feel.  Hope you hear something very soon.

Yes they have.  Actually, the MSHP brought in choppers and went over all of them along with many of the roads south of FLW.  They have also driven them numerous times and have been going door to door in the area of his home to see if anyone has seen him lately.  Everyone, both at the state level, local level, wrecker drivers and mail delivery folks...and many others are doing everything possible.  We appreciate everyone so very much.  We are now on the 4th day of no leads and not hearing anything.  Hopeful but concerned.

Thanks for all of your prayers and concerns, we all appreciate them more than you know.

Dave

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 07:52:22 PM »
Dave,

Does Winston have a cell phone?
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline mommyto2boys

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 08:18:47 PM »
He is in my thoughts and prayers.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 08:46:13 PM »
Dave,

Does Winston have a cell phone?

Yes, but it appears it is dead, which he has always been bad for letting it do...but of course so is my daughter.

Dave

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 04:49:23 PM »
Has an all points bulletin been put out with the other police agencies (not just Highway Patrol) to watch for his car? Can amber alerts be issued for adults?

Last year, I was driving to Columbia, and stopped for gas. An elderly man asked me if the station was open, and I pointed out the cashier inside. He went to ask her for help operating the gas pump. I finished putting gas in, and he asked me which way to Rolla. I pointed him in the right direction, but as he was leaving, his turn signal showed he was going to go the opposite way. I approached his car again, and asked him if he was having trouble finding his way. He admitted that he lived in Rolla and was lost. He'd left home to go to Walmart in Rolla, and didn't remember how he ended up in Vienna. He agreed to let us call the police to help him, and the cashier did so, but the officer couldn't take him to Rolla. A girlfriend was meeting me, and she and I got him home. He'd never had this happen to him before, but it was also because of Alzheimer's, and he was put on medication and has done well since. (His wife updated me in a holiday card.)

I hope Mr. Day finds his way back home safely and quickly.

Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 07:16:28 PM »
For adults, the MSHP issues an Endangered Adult Advisory, which is what you saw on the first post.  It is similar to Amber Alerts, it does go out to all law enforcement.  However, it just doesn't get the publicity that Amber Alerts do.  Also, it is relatively new, most other states do not have that sort of system for adults.
Wandering is a very scary part of Alzheimer's disease.  The Alzheimer's Association has ways to help but nothing of course is foolproof.  Their Safe Return program is a nationwide registry, the Alzheimer's victim is given an identifying bracelet or necklace - similar to medical alert jewelry - with a toll free number and an identifier for the person.  The Alzheimer's Association provides training to law enforcement to look for these.  The Safe Return program can put out targeted alerts to media and law enforcement and covers every state, including those that do not have their own system for tracking missing adults. They will do this for ANY missing Alzheimer's victim, not just those that are registered with them.  Also, they can assist with obtaining door alarms systems and there are some very exciting tracking systems in the works. 
An Army mom doesn't cry.........in front of her soldier

Offline crylor6

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 09:34:18 PM »
Has anyone heard anything new about Winston?

watson

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 12:03:05 AM »
I seen the alert on the television the other day, I was wondering the same thing, any news yet or tips or anything?

watson

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2007, 12:05:02 AM »
Dave, do you need any help at home, like food trays or relish trays, something for your family to munch on cause I know it is hard to eat at a time like this....If you want something like that let us know o.k. if you need anything else please don't hesitate to ask us o.k.  we all really do care and would do anything to help you and your family out....

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2007, 12:37:15 AM »
I really do apprecite it...VERY much.  We are doing fine, I have been getting a ton of work done in the home office, helps to keep busy.  I am planning on going back to session on Monday, there isn't really anything I can do here and the law enforcement folks know where to find me, they have all of my numbers.

Still no word, they have had a few calls but nothing that has produced any leads.

Thanks again, I sincerely appreciate it.

Dave

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2007, 10:51:15 PM »
Date:   March 25, 2007

Statement by Rep. David Day

As you would imagine, our family wishes there would have been a different outcome of the search for our father, Winston Day.  The Highway Patrol has just notified us that our father has been located and that he is no longer with us.  This is a man that as always been one of my real-life heroes and someone that, like any father is to any family, is very special to all of us.  My brother Mark and I, along with our families will miss him very much.  We loved him dearly.

While I hope that nobody ever has to go through such an event as we have, I do want you to know that if you do, you could not have better friends or support than the wonderful people of Missouri and especially Pulaski County.

While I hesitate to start naming names because of the fear of leaving someone out, there are some very special people I must say a special thank you to.  First, Director of Public Safety for Missouri, Director Mark James, all of the Missouri State Highway Patrol but especially Lt. Steve Davis, Sgt. Darryl Suhr and Trooper Don Jones and all of the wonderful local law enforcement officials.  Our friends on Ft. Leonard Wood who have done so much, especially Col. John Megnia, Garrison Commander and Mike Alley.

But most important is each and everyone that kept our family and my father in their thoughts and prayers.  All of the wonderful words of encouragement e-mails and cards.

This is a very sad day for our family but at the same time, I have to realize that after being through something like this, we truly live in the most blessed place on earth.

Thank you very much.

WBT

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 11:00:06 PM »
David
 My prayers go out to you and your brother and all you loved one's.
 It's a very sad out come but there is closure.
  Maynard and Becky

cricket

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2007, 11:20:29 PM »
David,
 I'm so very sorry, you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. I know how hard it is at a time like this. He will be missed!

Cricket