Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Motorcycle Accident????  (Read 20911 times)

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
Motorcycle Accident????
« on: July 25, 2008, 06:29:32 AM »

Share/Bookmark

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline thelights

• View Profile
Re: Motorcycle Accident????
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 06:39:04 AM »
My hubby came home about 9pm and asked if I'd heard anything about a nasty car wreck at 28 Hwy but that's it.  I haven't heard a thing.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 06:55:14 AM »
Time may not exactly be accurate (too much  @@@#$$# ), but it was supposedly on the outer road between Road Ranger and the CB place; I heard they had the road shut down and everything, so I figured someone on here would've heard something...
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

darrellmaurina

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 11:31:16 AM »
Read today's Daily Guide. I was out there and was able to obtain some basic information, though the full report hasn't yet been issued by the St. Robert Police Department.

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »
I was coming home from the same location as Biker, and live down Y Hwy, so I was taking the side road home.  I didn't notice until after I turned down that road that there were police cars everywhere, and some really nice (not) SRPD Officer stopped the guy in front of me, and had him turn around in this parking lot to go back from where we came from.  I was going to just follow that guy and turn around, but the officer stops me.  "Where are you going, ma'am?" to which I replied "Home".  "And where is that?" like I'm lying or some freaking criminal.  I told him Y highway.  So he says, "You need to turn your vehicle around and take the next exit." with this really nasty tone as if I had purposely come down there to ruin his evening or something.  He just turns around and walks off, so I yell "Thank you, Sir." and turn around.  There was no reason for him to be so nasty to me.  It's not the words he said, but the tone he used.  For a second I thought they were having a DWI check point the way he was acting.

Sorry, I got off subject kind of, but it really ticked me off.  I don't know what was going on, but I assumed it was a vehicle accident.  Once I was back on the interstate, I saw a tow truck heading that direction.

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 03:39:14 PM »
It was around 9pm and a car did a quick u-turn and hit a motorcycle head on. The biker flew off his bike into the wooded area. He died. He was a soldier on post
Proud Army Wife and Mother of Twin girls!!!!!
Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 03:48:22 PM »
Does anyone have a name, just want to make sure it was not one of our members
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 03:52:24 PM »
Nothing on Crash Reports
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline scubbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 04:31:19 PM »
I heard something about the Outer road being closed for part of today, I'm guessing for reconstruction. Does anyone know when?

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 04:33:20 PM »
Nothing on Crash Reports
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye out for when something get posted
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 04:58:29 PM »
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye out for when something get posted

If it was SRPD it won't show up on the Crash Reports; they are only MSHP.  But, normally if it's a fatality they will have MSHP conduct the investigation...

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 05:23:21 PM »
I have yet to have a run-in with SRPD.  I sincerely hope they are not nasty or otherwise rude, crude or socially unacceptable.  I will play along until I can get their names and have a discussion with somone who can correct that kind of behavior. 

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 05:58:48 PM »
If they were military it will not be posted until they can contact the next of kin and that can sometimes take a while.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline melissacaroline

• I'm a welsh girl livin' in Missouri!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 06:23:17 PM »
A soldier passed away  - he was a friend of my husband's.
Melissa

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 06:28:11 PM »
My husband was out that way about an hour ago and it was still all blocked off.  He said it looked like they were doing reconstruction/investigation...measuring tire tracks and what not.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »
A soldier passed away  - he was a friend of my husband's.
Melissa

Please pass on my condolences.  If there is any way you could PM me with the Soldiers name I would like to see if he is one of our members (Freedom of Road Riders (R) Inc.).  We have benefits and such that many of our members don't even realize they have, but we can get things rolling for his family.

Thanks,
Tim

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 07:31:29 PM »
Timmy,
Don't think so, story i am getting is is a name I don't reconize, (of course we do have do many new members) and he was riding a crotch rocket. Unless he was a new member name did not ring a bell.

I do give my sincere condolences. Please let the family know if there is any thing we can do to help out, please contact us. This is something we preach so hard about and are such strong advocates for, training motorist to be more aware of everything around them. No longer can the phrase "I did not see him" be tolerated.
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 07:46:22 PM »
Thanks Taz.

Offline scubbie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 08:29:12 PM »
It looks like he was going east on the outer road. The skid mark he left started at the top of the hill just past the old turn in for the Fox run apts. You cannot see in time to stop if someone has pulled out from the side road. There are no signs warning of the side road. The speed limit is too fast for that part of there outer road. If someone pulled out from Houston rd they really wouldn't see them till they were right on top of them. I live in Westwood Estates. It is very hard to pull out from there going left.

Offline melissacaroline

• I'm a welsh girl livin' in Missouri!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 09:33:55 PM »
A motorist in a car did an illegal U-turn  - didn't look in his mirror  - didn't see the motorcycle......he was going home from work too...........never made it.....I swear people in cars...LOOK!!!!!!! Don't drive illegally...........
I feel sick thinking about the whole thing......
Melissa

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 02:24:54 AM »
the person was not aware of their surroundings...they did an illegal u-turn which cost someone their life....very sad

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 02:38:41 AM »
Crash Reports has another rider injured tonight avoiding a dog -
That is great that you riders take care of each other (and families) like that!.
Please pass on my condolences.  If there is any way you could PM me with the Soldiers name I would like to see if he is one of our members (Freedom of Road Riders (R) Inc.).  We have benefits and such that many of our members don't even realize they have, but we can get things rolling for his family.

Thanks,
Tim
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline txrockingangel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 11:54:42 AM »
the soldier also was a fry cook at the cracker barrell, and he was on his way home from work. Makes me worry about my husband every time he rides, all drivers need to pay more attetion to bikers, and other vechiles too, people are way to distracted any more. Heart goes to his family.

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 06:01:32 PM »
There is a memorial ride for him tomorrow. I will post the details in community calendar when I get them from my friend

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 06:10:13 PM »
We just got an email here on post about motorcycle safety and to brief all your soldiers, and I can see more restrictions comng soon.....BUT what about mandatory training for car drivers to be more observant of your surroundings while driving your car.

David Day, if you are reading this, we need the cell phone bill proposed in this state, along with making it against the law for utilizing other distractions while driving. Almost got taken out again this weekend by someone with a phone attached to their ear.
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 06:26:58 PM »
     I'd have to agree with what Taz said below --- and it sure seems to work on post.  Blue tooth headsets are not that expensive nor hard to use, wired headsets can be even cheaper.  And if that is not an option --- there are 2 others that are free --- almost all phones have a speakerphone option or PULL OVER.   There should be a huge penalty for those who actually send text messages while driving.
     We need to be alert for all kinds of things on the road -- smaller than a cat big as a motorcycle.

TAZ SAID "David Day, if you are reading this, we need the cell phone bill proposed in this state, along with making it against the law for utilizing other distractions while driving. Almost got taken out again this weekend by someone with a phone attached to their ear."

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 06:34:18 PM »
Has his name been released yet?
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 06:36:14 PM »
     Oh - and TAZ?  Do you know if the general holiday safety briefings given before each holiday include "better watching for motorcycles" (not worded very well but. . . ???  Might be a good start.
     Someone about 1/2 way up T has put a sign in their yard about watching for motorcycles.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 07:10:32 PM »
Yeah those signs are all over, as they are from Local 28 Freedom of Road Riders, there are some on Hwy 28 also. Expect more, trying to get the manager of the 28 truck port to let me put one there also
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 07:19:13 PM »
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/26056054.html

These accidents are just so sad...
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"